Sign in to follow this  
garymack

Gold Championship 300

Re: Gold Championship 300 Thread

Canadian manager to internationalize Union?

Rumours are surrounding Berlin today about the hire of Canadian manager insider, first non-German manager at the club since 2004. insider is known specifically for unearthing gems out of various parts of the world, specifically Brazil. Talk around the club is one of a culture change. Many players are worried that they'll be shipped out, but fans are generally curious to see what is to come.

The announcement of the signing of Edenilson earlier today appears to be a sign of things to come for the capital club. Is Berlin lining itself up for a massive disappointment? "I believe fans need to have faith in the process, but keep expectations reasonable. I've been asked a few times about the new signing and it appears local media are expecting a flashy Brazilian midfielder. This is unreasonable to expect from Edenilson, who is more of an all-around cleanup guy. There will be players brought in for different purposes, so expectations need to be toned down."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrnew141RDfbYRLcrWbIojcS35yAiGzEpFba7d9ufW_H3lXys4

Edenilson

Not everyone is excited, though. Longtime fan Fritz Zimmermann is concerned about the culture change. "Union has been a German club since I started supporting the club after the war", he said earlier today. "This foreigner cannot come in and bring even more foreigners. The culture of the club must remain German!" Zimmermann points to the Edenilson purchase and the rumored interest in Icelandic defender Ragnar Sigurdsson as signs that the club will lose its soul. He takes relief in the fact that no German players have been sold or transfer listed yet. "Hopefully, these foreigners will be loaned out, only to be sold for profit. This would be the only acceptable solution.

Re: Gold Championship 300

Took over Gateshead for the challenge' date=' and well first thoughts I have to say on my first ever GC regarding transfers is not what I first thought.

Really thought top teams would be more inclined to sell one of there youth players to help minnows like myself.

While I do appreciate that it is there choice, I am saddened that players are being kept hold of despite the fact they will not get anywhere near there first team for years (if at all).

To you more seasoned GC players is this usually the case? Whereby the minnows are unable to buy youth from top teams?[/color']

Usually, yes. But sometimes, people surprise you without you even knowing. I could easily outbid you on a few players that I've seen you bid on (won't say which until you get them, I was also interested), but didn't because you have the tougher challenge.

Achieving something in these tough GCs is well worth it, you'll see.

GERMANY.. Division 2

Jose Nowinho takes charge of... ST. PAULI

In his first official interview' date='

Nowinho announces a new initiative to draw in more fans.

"Strippers, brandy & cigars for all executive box ticket holders"[/quote']

Excellent. Was hoping someone would take my fellow Kult Klub. I think St Pauli and Union Berlin should form some sort of an alliance against our conformist division mates!

Until the threads are merged, I'll post this here too...

------

Rumours are surrounding Berlin today about the hire of Canadian manager insider, first non-German manager at the club since 2004. insider is known specifically for unearthing gems out of various parts of the world, specifically Brazil. Talk around the club is one of a culture change. Many players are worried that they'll be shipped out, but fans are generally curious to see what is to come.

The announcement of the signing of Edenilson earlier today appears to be a sign of things to come for the capital club. Is Berlin lining itself up for a massive disappointment? "I believe fans need to have faith in the process, but keep expectations reasonable. I've been asked a few times about the new signing and it appears local media are expecting a flashy Brazilian midfielder. This is unreasonable to expect from Edenilson, who is more of an all-around cleanup guy. There will be players brought in for different purposes, so expectations need to be toned down."

Edenilson

Not everyone is excited, though. Longtime fan Fritz Zimmermann is concerned about the culture change. "Union has been a German club since I started supporting the club after the war", he said earlier today. "This foreigner cannot come in and bring even more foreigners. The culture of the club must remain German!" Zimmermann points to the Edenilson purchase and the rumored interest in Icelandic defender Ragnar Sigurdsson as signs that the club will lose its soul. He takes relief in the fact that no German players have been sold or transfer listed yet. "Hopefully, these foreigners will be loaned out, only to be sold for profit. This would be the only acceptable solution."

Or the thread that has the most amount of posts should be the real one lol :P

Still dun understand why Gary dinnae put this in the correct GC section to start with as it'd be relevant there ... shame on you!

Dean The Snorlax takes control of Club América.

This season your Chairman expects you to mount a serious title challenge.

Club América were founded in 1916 and play their home games at Estadio Azteca in Mexico City. The club is also known as Las Aguilas.

The offer for Alexandre LACAZETTE of Lyon from Club América has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

First deal done comes in at 24M

Usually' date=' yes. But sometimes, people surprise you without you even knowing. I could easily outbid you on a few players that I've seen you bid on (won't say which until you get them, I was also interested), but didn't because you have the tougher challenge.[/quote']

Thanks for the understanding mate, you have restored my faith in human kindness. :D

If you know of any other gems that you will not be bidding on feel free to pm there names or give me a few clues ;).

Rumours are surrounding Berlin today about the hire of Canadian manager insider' date=' first non-German manager at the club since 2004. [i']insider[/i] is known specifically for unearthing gems out of various parts of the world, specifically Brazil. Talk around the club is one of a culture change. Many players are worried that they'll be shipped out, but fans are generally curious to see what is to come.

Edenilson

Not everyone is excited, though. Longtime fan Fritz Zimmermann is concerned about the culture change. "Union has been a German club since I started supporting the club after the war", he said earlier today. "This foreigner cannot come in and bring even more foreigners. The culture of the club must remain German!" Zimmermann points to the Edenilson purchase and the rumored interest in Icelandic defender Ragnar Sigurdsson as signs that the club will lose its soul. He takes relief in the fact that no German players have been sold or transfer listed yet. "Hopefully, these foreigners will be loaned out, only to be sold for profit. This would be the only acceptable solution."

Ragnar Sigurdsson is not at all happy with the possibilty of having to play with a bunch of bloody germans,

so he is in talks with Ingolstadt who have made the decision to clear out every single german in the club in an attempt to persuade the defender that his future lies with us.

Changes at Paderborn

New manager "Ben Stevens" has already been active before the season is due to kick off. Stevens has looked to England to bring in talent that can help his team to success this season.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPlKaVoT-J67RAlloDHFYAReC58ovBrkre5Tb_jWLQdGWIh3fD9g

Ryan McManaman joins on loan from Wigan for the Season as the up and coming Winger is the first to join Paderborn.

05D9879560BE4E83BD8DDDC4D0C5747B.ashx?h=311&la=ar-SA&w=240&rgn=0,1,568,736

Manchester United attacking Midfielder, Nick Powell follows the English Talent to join Paderborn on loan for the season.

Orr_2744225.jpg

Blackburn agreed a deal with Paderborn for experience Bradley Orr for 4 million. The player will be the first to join the club on a permanent deal and will play in the heart of the Midfield for the club.

macheda-united.jpg

Another young player joins the club for 3.5million. Fedirico Macheda joins the club hoping to make it in a new league and get back to scoring form.

Ragnar Sigurdsson is not at all happy with the possibilty of having to play with a bunch of bloody germans' date='

so he is in talks with Ingolstadt who have made the decision to clear out every single german in the club in an attempt to persuade the defender that his future lies with us.[/quote']

Good thing it's the manager talking to the player and not the media outlets, eh? ;)

When i first joined SM' date=' it was common to see a GC with over 400 managers.[/center']

So, considering SM are creating GCs for fun these days, is this a pretty good turnout so far?:

173/620 (27.90%)

Just curious.

B)

Honestly? No I don't think it is. You can tell how full a game world is when the likes of Bordeux are still unmanaged....

I don't think the overall turnout matters that much. There seems to be a group of dedicated forumers on board for this one. If we keep posting and making it interesting, others will join in eventually.

This is going to be a very fun setup.

yeah for some reason bordeaux's become a team that hardly ever get picked up, although saying that the french league very rarely even gets half full these days

but like i say give it a week or so and that number will probably be down around the 100 marker as most will jump into the next gameworld when that opens, but as long as ze german contingent stay put it'll still be a cracking gameworld

th?id=H.5004054392669001&pid=1.7&w=178&h=145&c=7&rs=1

Veteran PIZZARO agrees Corinthians deal.

th?id=H.4543788552422231&pid=1.7&w=201&h=149&c=7&rs=1

The 33 year old is expected to be heading back to South America after a fee of £9million was agreed with Fiorentina.

Whilst the manager Dougie House accepted it was a lot to pay for a player of his age he insisted that inflated transfer fees meant you have to pay over the odds for quality - and the veteran Chilean has some good seasons in him yet

WIGAN ATHLETIC ( 8 ) EBBSFLEET ( 2 )

This was wigans first friendly of the season from the DW Staduim, The wiganers were delighted with the score, Some of the fans thought they were watching the rugby with Wigan Warriors, But they knew it was just the crazy SM match engine getting over excited again.:D

dresdentitle_zps4c503123.jpg

The Dynamo Dresden chairman expects me to mount a serious promotion challenge this year ... got to love a dreamer haven't you.

No deals to report yet but have identified a few targets that we have made moves for .... more details to follow.

Resources are not great with a threadbare squad of 22 but do have a reasonable 13.5m to play with from my generous, promotion craving boss :)

dresdentitle_zps4c503123.jpg

The Dynamo Dresden chairman expects me to mount a serious promotion challenge this year ... got to love a dreamer haven't you.

No deals to report yet but have identified a few targets that we have made moves for .... more details to follow.

Resources are not great with a threadbare squad of 22 but do have a reasonable 13.5m to play with from my generous' date=' promotion craving boss :)[/center']

thats my German team:rolleyes: make me proud fella;)