Organizing your squad according to position

Hi guys,

I'm not very active on the forum these days largely due to being time poor but there's one thing I find very annoying these days and that's not being able to organise my players in the first team according to the position I primarily use them in. A way that is easy for me to oversee and manage my squad.

By that I mean, PRIMARY POSITION!!

SM has recently made changes to the way a player's position(s) is listed and this can mean that some players have up to 3 or more positions they can play in.

What I'm proposing is that I can "rank or arrange that order to suit my team".

For example, Lars Bender's position(s) is listed as D®,DM,M(RC).

In relatively large squad lacking in midfielders, I'd prefer to list him as my first choice DM/CM rather than my 3rd choice RB yet at the moment I don't have that option. It's also frustrating with so many players now listed as AM and F (of some description). I'd like to nominate if that player is primarily a Fwd or AM for my team. I realise this is "customising and styling" specific for an individual's team but then we are supposed to be "managers", are we not? :D

I'm wondering how hard it would be for SM to allow managers to control or organize the primary/secondary order of a player's position?

I wouldn't imagine it would be that hard but would certainly help me manage my team better.

Any thoughts and feedback is welcome, especially by one of the SM devs. I assume they still check these threads occasionally (why else have this section on the forum!?).

If there is a better way to put this idea forward to SM, please let me know.

Thanks!!

Herby

Re: Organizing your squad according to position

Any thoughts and feedback is welcome' date=' especially by one of the SM devs. I assume they still check these threads occasionally (why else have them on the forum!?).

If there is a better way to put this idea forward to SM, please let me know.

Thanks!![/quote']

They don't check it anymore Herby, Ste left the forum a few weeks back and it has been left Devless since as far as I am aware. Teb confirmed it a few days ago though so if anyone knows it would be him. The suggestions section is fairly pointless now really!

As for your idea, I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean but I do feel the positional changes have been excessive, especially where AM and F are concerned and I would prefer a more structured positional choice.

ya, can't work out quickly what you've got in each posisition, espcially when looking at your sqaud page & looking to sell or buy players etc

you've effectivly got strikers in with the midfielders & midfielders in with the defenders

Perhaps being able to rotate the squad page order to your desire would be most welcome

Thanks lads for the feedback.

Leigh - ok, that's sad news re: Ste and the SM Devs not caring what the community thinks but then that's always been the case to a large extent.

I think Shels knows what I'm trying to say. Basically, I (the manager) should be able to allocate the PRIMARY position of the player, the one that suits or benefits him and his team.

For example, a player's position might be D, DM, M (L) but I need him to play M (L) - or LM as it was previously, yet he's listed with all the D(efenders). I would like to list him with the midfielders.

Same with the AMs/Fwds. I have players like Aguero in with the mids, when I'd prefer to have him with the Strikers/Forwards.

I think it would be good if SM would AT THE VERY LEAST make 3 categories:

DEFENDERS

MIDFIELDERS

FORWARDS

IDEALLY SUB-CATEGORIES like D (L), D ®, D © where you could allocate or drag players that are that position into.

I'd even be happy if I could just "arrange" the order of their position.

I'll use old scale to demonstrate what I mean.

Player X is listed as RB, RM, CB.

I would like to use him as a CB primarily so I would re-arrange the order so that he is now a CB, RB, RM and so when I look at my squad he is with all the other CBs.

Does any of this make sense to you guys? :confused:

Herby

Leigh - ok' date=' that's sad news re: Ste and the SM Devs not caring what the community thinks but then that's always been the case to a large extent.

I think Shels knows what I'm trying to say. Basically, I (the manager) should be able to allocate the PRIMARY position of the player, the one that suits or benefits him and his team.

For example, a player's position might be D, DM, M (L) but I need him to play M (L) - or LM as it was previously, yet he's listed with all the D(efenders). I would like to list him with the midfielders.

Same with the AMs/Fwds. I have players like Aguero in with the mids, when I'd prefer to have him with the Strikers/Forwards.

DEFENDERS

MIDFIELDERS

FORWARDS

IDEALLY SUB-CATEGORIES like D (L), D ®, D © where you could allocate or drag players that are that position into.

I would like to use him as a CB primarily so I would re-arrange the order so that he is now a CB, RB, RM and so when I look at my squad he is with all the other CBs.

Herby[/quote']

The problem really lies with the options in the 'Limit Displayed Players' section on the squad page. The position filters are GK, D, M, F but they only recognize the first position listed on the player's profile. AMs who can also play as Fs are not listed when you choose to filter by Forwards only. Also Ds who can play as DMs or Ms or AMs are not listed when you choose to filter with Midfielders. The filters need to recognize all possible positions for a player and not just the first one. This way you will be able to easily list defenders, midfielders, and forwards.

I might as well suggest adding DM and AM filers to give more visibility and control.

Leigh - ok' date=' that's sad news re: Ste and the SM Devs not caring what the community thinks but then that's always been the case to a large extent.

DEFENDERS

MIDFIELDERS

FORWARDS

Herby[/quote']

I agree with this, it would make organising our squad easier.

The constant changing of players positions "thanks" to soccerwiki is beginning to get annoying. What team would buy a player to either play up front or on the left wing ( as say Benzema ) used to be then find once he has signed that he can no longer play out wide. This constant changing is wrecking my squad building.

The constant changing of players positions "thanks" to soccerwiki is beginning to get annoying. What team would buy a player to either play up front or on the left wing ( as say Benzema ) used to be then find once he has signed that he can no longer play out wide. This constant changing is wrecking my squad building.

Since the recent changes in posistioning, I believe that SM are re-looking & adjusting the whole database of players, obviously this might cause you some bother but alot of the better players will be done sooner or even almost done, so the worst of the interuptions is over.

Obviously during these changes if you did not log in and keep on top of your teams the more damage it may have done & the more you have to look at your teams and see what you no longer need as much, with players playing in more posisitions i've found that my squad size doesn't need to be as big & as a result have started doing more deals etc

We don't all log-in in before every matchday but it's better to do so.

Rubbish, I log in at least twice each day, how is this in anyway relevant to a player having his position changed. I bought Benzema to play up front or on the wing his position was changed once I already had him and when my worlds transfer window closes he can no longer perform the job I bought him for. Sorry I bothere raising the issue I'm obviously the only manager this effects