Sign in to follow this  
Sleeps

Should This Really Be Happening On SM?

Re: Should This Really Be Happening On SM?

;2454874']what are the team instructions? if Fulham played defensive & long ball' date=' then there 3 forward players would have a field day against 3 defenders...[/quote']

Fulham were unmanaged too.

interesting result...but still...3 attackers vs 3 defenders...fulham would most definitely be outnumbering on the counter attack in that formation. It can happen. I watched Sporting Gijon beat Barcelona last season with a similar tactic to that...Sporting were relegated at the end of the season though. I'm surprised more teams have not copied the formation they played against barca in that game because their pressing in midfield was immense. they played 2 central defenders, 2 wing backs, 2 holding mids, 3 attacking mids (with two drifting wide to support the wing backs) and a lone CF. Barcelona could not handle it. I mean...if a team isn't going to play a proper striker then why play a back 4? That's exactly what the coach said after the game!

Fulham are unmanaged..default settings....regardless of team instructions...Barca had more possession, more shots, more shots on target, more corners...just a better team overall...but if you're happy to try and justify why results like this happen go ahead....all I'm saying is its just too far fetched...then again since christmas I've spent far less time on the game in general yet I'm winning matches and trophies right, left and centre. So I couldn't care less really. :D

Fulham are unmanaged..default settings....regardless of team instructions...Barca had more possession' date=' more shots, more shots on target, more corners...just a better team overall...but if you're happy to try and justify why results like this happen go ahead....all I'm saying is its just too far fetched...then again since christmas I've spent far less time on the game in general yet I'm winning matches and trophies right, left and centre. So I couldn't care less really. :D[/quote']

er celtic beat barca in real life on the same basis (shots/possession/players etc)................

i mean even tonight, liverpool lost 2-0 to WBA, they had 19 shots, 60% possession etc etc and still lost.

it does happen you know....

seems a fair result to me , their keeper was supurb on the day , there midfield all outrated yours on the day and their strikers almost all played a blinder .

your keeper had a 6 so below average day midfield poor too strikers 7s .

were they tired maybe ?? you say not come on much rotate a bit .

there not a bad team either looking at players

You guys are hilarious.....Celtic are a lot better than Fulham....Liverpool are nowhere near as good as Barcelona...they haven't even won an EPL. :D:D:D:D:D

so what are you implying? a bigger/better side MUST win every single game on SM? your hilarious.

Shocking as it is, I see the scenario, ratings, and stats completely believable. I would actually say there is an improvement in the match engine.

Here's what I imagine was the real life scenrio reflected by those 2 result pages:

1. Barca started the game thinking they would demolish Fulham as they are a much weaker side and because of that casual approach they conceded in the 2nd minute of the game.

2. That goal was like a wakeup call for them and they went into serious mode and starting their famous attack waves barca style. In the same time, Fulham went into ultra defensive mode.

3. At half an hour and after several chances wasted/saved, Barca finally equalize. Naturally they are a bit relaxed and back in the game that still has another hour of play. The feel the have the match under control. For Fulham, it's back to a draw so ultra defense is not the answer anymore. They feel the need to push forward.

4. In the 40th minute, just before half time, Petric tries a long shot from 40 meters or so and it takes a deflection on it's way and goes in. OR he tries a long range shot and the GK mistakes the flight of the ball and fails to hold it and i goes in. Anyway, this is a mistake by the GK in some way. Fulham are just lucky to go ahead again.

5. After half time and no changes by either managers (because the Barca manager thought it would be an easy match so he didn't make any changes!) the game continues with attack waves from Barca and an ultra defensive approach by Fulham and some amazing saves by their GK.

6. On the 71st minute, 1 counter attack result in a penalty for Fulham. It was a bit harsh on barca because it was totally against the flow of play and it was not even a clear penalty (may be it was a dive!). Result 1-3 for Fulham.

7. Barca continue domintating the game but now they are a bit wasteful and have like 5 or more shots off target because they feel the match slipping their hands, while Fulham start wasting time by passing the ball around and making clearences towards the corners.

8. The match ends with a shock defeat for Barca. Berbatov with 2 assists and a penalty and Petric with 2 goals (1 a fluke) and the real hero of the game is Schwarzer the GK who deserves a 10 for his performance and is the MoM.

Isn't this believable in the world of football?

;2456901']so what are you implying? a bigger/better side MUST win every single game on SM? your hilarious.

No not at all...like I said at the beginning of this topic I couldn't care less about losing...I lose matches all the time....what I'm saying is that Fulham would never beat Barca even on their off days...the game is slowly slipping into the realms of pure fantasy...lol...the team was unmanaged as well....I've got teams I log into just once or twice a week and they're winning matches all the time...overall the the result's no better when I manage it than when I don't....so where does that leave tactics and strategy?...I think it just spits random results out regardless.... :)

Yes, of course Fulham could Barcelona. Even if Barcelona played well, you can never account for chance.

Sounds like you took this too seriously.....even though you keep pleading otherwise

Methinks the lady doth protest too much ;)

It's just a game. Even in real life