English Player Ratings - Part 1

leigh1

Re: English Player Ratings - Part 1

Fulham

Liam Rosenior - 86 - Up to 87 - Needs to be on par with the rest of Fulham's defenders. Plays regularly to a decent standard.

Chris Baird - 83 - Up to 86 - Northern Ireland's captain and starter for Fulham' date=' must rise!

David Healy - 84 - Up to 88 - Anyone with the international record he has should have a good rating. Started very well at Fulham.

[/quote']

Agree about Baird and Healy but not Rosenior. He's now the 3rd choice RB under Sanchez (behind Baird and Volz) and hasn't featured at all this season. He'll need to get a transfer away by the deadline on Friday or he won't be getting many games this season!

Totally agree with you there.

If people talk about Cristiano Ronaldo pushing up to the 96 mark' date=' then in my eyes, Drogba has to be there aswell. Ronaldo's still young, Drogba's at the peak of his career.

Don't think anyone can really dispute that Drogba has been the best striker in the EPL for the past two seasons.

He scores against everybody, even in the CL, so 96 would be suffice IMO :D[/quote']

well, whilst your at it then shall we have benni mccarthy up to a 95+ as well?

18 goals against 18 different clubs last season in the premier league, also at the peak of his career, and previously won the champions league and uefa cup, scored goals all across europe too.

I appreciate that drogba had a good season last year, but it was only 1 season. If we end this season with him top scorer, then i'll hold my hands up and say maybe he should be a higher rating, but talk of him as a 97 (only 3 points off 100!!) right now is a bit far out if you ask me.

There are countless strikers across europe with better strike rates and that are indeed better players.

Agree about Baird and Healy but not Rosenior. He's now the 3rd choice RB under Sanchez (behind Baird and Volz) and hasn't featured at all this season. He'll need to get a transfer away by the deadline on Friday or he won't be getting many games this season!

Hes been injured hasnt he? Thats why he hasnt played yet.

Hes been injured hasnt he? Thats why he hasnt played yet.

Nope... totally frozen out by Sanchez. Baird was suspended for the game tonight and Omozusi was on the bench in preference to Rosenior!

He's been told he isn't in the manager's plans and that he can leave the club but unfortunately nobody else wants him. In my opinion... I think he's a pile of pooh and am not suprised.

well' date=' whilst your at it then shall we have benni mccarthy up to a 95+ as well?

18 goals against 18 different clubs last season in the premier league, also at the peak of his career, and previously won the champions league and uefa cup, scored goals all across europe too.

I appreciate that drogba had a good season last year, but it was only 1 season. If we end this season with him top scorer, then i'll hold my hands up and say maybe he should be a higher rating, but talk of him as a 97 (only 3 points off 100!!) right now is a bit far out if you ask me.

There are countless strikers across europe with better strike rates and that are indeed better players.[/quote']

Welcome back Socratys!!! :D

I've missed your rhyme and reason ;)

Totally agree .... McCarthy is under-rated and Drogba isn't a 97 for me, although granted; he had a stand out season in 2006/2007 so probably deserves a 95/96 based on 'form'.

Herby

• 2 weeks later...

This post does not have nothing to do with English rating , but could not figure out where to ask,

Is anyone planning on doing Player rating Change for Spain like the well written and done one by Leigh? I remember reading insider's thread for the youth team tourney and it was well done, and i know he follows the Spain Leagues Hint Hint :D

Don't know if it's been mentioned before (too lazy to read the thread :D ) but David Bentley has been exceptional and deserves a 90 IMO

Essien should be a 96 too

Drogba shouldn't go up though

Drogba's ratings actually surprised me! i thought it should have been 97..looking how he played last season. only 1 problem - diving. if he did never dive, he would have prob gone up 97.

Looking at how he played last season, why should he be a 97? I mean, Henry had 27 before last season and 30 in the unbeaten season, yet he is only a 97. Granted, he was decreased from a 98, but for Drogba to ever exceed his current rating of 96, he has to be really phenomenal (20 isn't really what I call phenomenal) and reproduce his form over more than one season (Henry has been top scorer for ages before last season).

well' date=' whilst your at it then shall we have benni mccarthy up to a 95+ as well?

There are countless strikers across europe with better strike rates and that are indeed better players.[/quote']

Agree that McCarthy is also world class, it's not that i was singling out Drogba, but in fact just responding to a post on him.

He did have a good season last, and as Alex Ferguson said he "carried Chelsea" for a lot of their title challenge last season.

Just think that in a team of stars, he certainly was the one who shone the most. And he did score in every round of the UEFA Cup for Marseille. So the talented season is not a one-off.

Their are plenty of strikers that could be increased and believe me i'm definately not a Chelsea fan, but you have to give credit where it's due. :)

I'm gonna change the topic briefly if you don't mind.

What about David Rozenhal? He's been solid at Newcastle, they've not conceded too many so far, which considering how dire their defence has been in previous seasons is no mean feat. 89 seems a little low, maybe he needs a little longer to establish himself as a good premiership defender. However he does play international football consistently.

What are other forumers opinions?

Re: McCarthy, I think he should rise and his pairing with Santa Cruz could well prove to be another astute piece of management from Sparky. This could well see Santa Cruz meriting a rise from 87.

Laterz

• 2 months later...

Well the English ratings are coming round again soon and a few are starting to give their predictions on the changes so I want to throw my 2 penny worth in again....so I thought I would drag up this ancient thread!

I will do the first 10 teams from the EPL here and then drag up the other half of this thread and do the other 10 teams on there. Feel free to tell me where you think i'm wrong as i'm sure there will be many opinions on this hotly debated subject!

Arsenal

Manuel Almunia - Up to 89 - Is proving himself as Arsenal's number 1 keeper and doing a good job. Continue to play and a 90 is on the horizen!

Jens Lehmann - Down to 91 - Not playing for Arsenal but still Germany first choice so just down to 91 for now. Further decreases likely.

Gael Clichy - Up to 91 - I believe he should have got an increase to 91 last time but is a consistantly good performer and has been excellent this season, HAS to rise!

Bakari Sagna - Up to 90 - Looks like he has played for Arsenal for years and is playing some top class stuff. A rise would be well deserved!

Aleksandr Hleb - Up to 93 - Other than Fabregas he has been the driving force behind Arsenal this season. The guy is underrated and imo he is world class! Also, Cesc Fabregas called him the best midfielder in world football!

Mathieu Flamini - Up to 90 - Continues to keep out Gilberto and performing to a high standard every game. Has also been recognised internationally!

Gilberto Silva - Down to 92 - Not playing for Arsenal but still captain's Brazil. I actually think the previous rise was a bit hastey but that's me!

Theo Walcott - Up to 87 - Starting to realise his huge potential with some more consistant performances. Should only rise to 87 on current form but there will be more rises to come if things continue as they are now.

Emmanuel Adebayor - Up to 90 - I don't think he should go any higher than 90 right now. He has scored a few goals but has also missed many more. Has bags of potential but finishing leaves a lot to be desired!

Aston Villa

Scott Carson - Up to 90 - Constistant for Villa and an International cap means a likely increase in my opinion. Not undeserved either.

Zat Knight - Up to 88 - Starts regularly for Villa and performing well alongside the fit again Laursen. Prone to the odd mistake but a good all round defender.

Gareth Barry - Up to 91 - Will surely start tomorrow for Engalnd and has started the last few competitive internationals ahead of 96 rated Lampard - this alone deserves a rise.

Ashley Young - Up to 89 - Been brilliant for Villa this season, probably their most consistant player. Also received his first England cap on Friday - the boy from Stevenage done good!

Gabriel Agbonlahor - Up to 89 - Scoring goals and playing extremely well, continue like this an international honours could be next for the young Brummie!

Birmingham City

Daniel De Ridder - Up to 86 - Has produced some fine performances for Birmingham this season and may well only spend 1 season there if this form continues.

Borja Oubina - Down to 88 - Has barely played for Birmingham and cannot justify his 90 rating any longer.

Cameron Jerome - Up to 86 - Has done fairly well this season in a difficult start for Birmingham. Also regularly starts ahead of the 88 rated Garry O'Connor.

Garry O'Connor - Down to 87 - Not first choice at Birmingham and in my opinion has not shown us what he is capable of yet.

Blackburn Rovers

Christopher Samba - Up to 88 - Has been a great signing for Mark Hughes and continues to improve with every game. Also scored a couple of important goals.

Tuguy - Down to 87 - Plays less and less in his advancing years. Still has quality but is more like an 87 than an 88 for me.

Roque Santa Cruz - Up to 90 - Has proved to be a good aquisition for Blackburn and has struck up a great partnership with Benni McCarthy.

Matt Derbyshire - Up to 86 - Continues to improve and has the ability to change games but mostly as a substitute.

Bolton Wanderers

Jussi Jaaskelainen - Down to 91 - Said it last time and stand by it, for me he is not a 92 rated goalkeeper!

Christian Wilhelmsson - Down to 88 - 90??!!! For what? Has barely played for Bolton and has not done anything that has alerted my attention! Was shocked to see his rating so high as you canb probably tell.

El Hadji Diouf - Down to 89 - Another I said should decrease before, has done nothing to make me change my mind this time round.

Chelsea

Petr Cech - Up to 97 - Am I the only person that thinks this? Probably won't happen but I will continue to say he deserves it!

Ashley Cole - Down to 92 - Surely you have to play games to justify such a high rating? Has not looked the same player since he left Arsenal in truth.

Shaun Wright-Phillips - Up to 90 - Playing much more regular for club and country and to a very high standard, the Man City days look to be returning.

Michael Essien - Up to 96 - Ok maybe 97 is a bit high but this guy is immense, I rate high very, very highly!

Claude Makelele - Down to 91 - Plays very little and his years are catching up on him.

Michael Ballack - Down to 90 - Awful would probably sum up most of his time at Chelsea. Has played ZERO games this year and his rating should reflect that!

Andriy Shevchenko - Down to 92 - Still failing to live up to expectations although his form has slightly improved of late.

Saloman Kalou - Up to 92 - Starting to look the real deal with a few decent performances. Is probably 2nd choice only to Drogba now.

Derby County

Wow I can't honestly say that any players deserve an increase and although possibly 1 or 2 could decrease I think that it would be fair to leave them for now. Promotion came 2 years too early for this certainty for relegation!

Everton

Joleon Lescott - Up to 90 - International honours and superb performances means the big man deserves an increase.

James McFadden - Up to 88 - Has done well this season for Everton and Scotland but his inconsistancy means he will never reach 90!

Fulham

Antti Niemi - Up to 90 - His performances this season have kept Fulham in lots of games. He is a class keeper and now his injuries are behind him he is showing it.

Simon Davies - Up to 88 - Another who's put the injuries behind him and is starting to produce some good performances.

Alexei Smertin - Down to 88 - I do not think he warrants an 89 rating to be honest.

David Healy - Up to 88 - His club form has been patchy but he has scored 14 goals in the Euro Qualifiers, this alone means he deserves an increase for me.

Clint Dempsey - Up to 87 - Has settled well at Fulham and scored a few goals. His general all round form has been pretty good.

Liverpool

Charles Itandje - Down to 87 - I have seen this guy play a couple of times and 1 word sums him up......DODGY! Only secong choice and very few games means he no way deserves to be an 89 rated GK imo!

Alvaro Arbeloa - Up to 89 - Plays regularly and has been a good buy for Rafa. Has played right across the back line and also as a holding midfielder so has versatility which Rafa loves!

Yossi Benyaoun - Up to 90 - His performances this season for Liverpool have been quality. He often provides a spark for them which is not there when Gerrard is not performing.

Javier Mascherano - Up to 93 - I personally think he is better than Xabi Alonso and the fact that he is frequentlt selected ahead of him seems to back that up.

Fernando Torres - Up to 94 - Has settled very quickly in Engalnd and if he had not been injured he would have a few more goals.

As I said above, this is just half time and I will complete the rest oif the Prem later this evening. Feel free to debate these!:)

Agree with most of that Leigh.

Gilberto is a 92 already by the way. I find his rating hard to place though, as he is still a first pick for the Brazilian national side which is what got him his rise, so not sure if he will be decreased.

I am not too sold on Cech's increase, and I think Almunia could touch 90, he is top of the league and ahead of old Lehmann after all.

Ballack is in freefall, anyone owning him is mental. :D

Good and accurate post, i'm surprised to not see an increase for Fabregas in your ratings... imo he deserves a 96. Hleb defo deserves a 93. Esiien to 96 i agree, but not 97 (yet lol) Healy should make 90, he has been class for NI! SWP deserves a 91. I dont think mascherano deserves a 93!

Fulham

Antti Niemi - Up to 90 - His performances this season have kept Fulham in lots of games. He is a class keeper and now his injuries are behind him he is showing it.

Simon Davies - Up to 88 - Another who's put the injuries behind him and is starting to produce some good performances.

Alexei Smertin - Down to 88 - I do not think he warrants an 89 rating to be honest.

David Healy - Up to 88 - His club form has been patchy but he has scored 14 goals in the Euro Qualifiers' date=' this alone means he deserves an increase for me.

Clint Dempsey - Up to 87 - Has settled well at Fulham and scored a few goals. His general all round form has been pretty good.

[/size'][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Agree with all of the above with Demspey maybe deserving an 88.

Others to bear in mind...

Chris Baird - 1st choice right-back (and has loads of caps for NI) so needs an increase as currently only 85.

Moritiz Volz - Only 2 appearances all season. Currently rated 87 so could go down.

Paul Konchesky - Player of the season so far. Could rise from 87.

Nathan Ashton - is due an increase from 74 after making his Premiership debut.

Elliot Omozusi - 3 appearances this season and only a 71 at the mo.

Jimmy Bullard - Still rated 86 but hasn't played for over a year now so could drop.

Steven Davis - Had a shocker so far so may drop from 88. Although... he hasn't been dropped yet as he's a Sanchez favourite.

Agree with all of the above with Demspey maybe deserving an 88.

Others to bear in mind...

Chris Baird - 1st choice right-back (and has loads of caps for NI) so needs an increase as currently only 85.

Moritiz Volz - Only 2 appearances all season. Currently rated 87 so could go down.

Paul Konchesky - Player of the season so far. Could rise from 87.

Nathan Ashton - is due an increase from 74 after making his Premiership debut.

Elliot Omozusi - 3 appearances this season and only a 71 at the mo.

Jimmy Bullard - Still rated 86 but hasn't played for over a year now so could drop.

Steven Davis - Had a shocker so far so may drop from 88. Although... he hasn't been dropped yet as he's a Sanchez favourite.

I take your word for it mate as you obviously know far more about Fulham than I do. Thanks.

[/b]Jussi Jaaskelainen - Down to 91 - Said it last time and stand by it' date=' for me he is not a 92 rated goalkeeper!

El Hadji Diouf - Down to 89 - Another I said should decrease before, has done nothing to make me change my mind this time round.

[/quote']

I have to disagree strongly.

I watch Bolton week in week out.

Jussi is well deserved of his 92 and is in the top 5 of rated Premiership keepers.

Diouf is hated by everyone outside Bolton...we are doing badly so far this season and El Hadji IS one of the few stars for us so far.

He has pace, commitment his distribution is superb and he can tackle.

90 is fair!