English Player Ratings - Part 2

leigh1

Guest ManUtd

Re: English Player Ratings - Part 2

Agree on all but the follwing m8.

I dont agree that Gary neville should go down just because he has been injured for a little while. Its not like he has been injured for a whole season.

I dont agree patrice evra deserves an increase. If anything, he should get a decrease to about 89. Every time i seen him he is a mess. he cant go forward and he can just about defend. Clichy who is rated only 89(which is a surprise) is twice as good a evra at going forward.

• 2 months later...

Ok and now for Part 2:-

Manchester City

Joe Hart - Up to 84 - I believe he deserves to be at least the same rating as Schmeichel as he seems to be first chioice at the moment.

Micah Richards - Up to 91 - The campaign continues. The facts and performances back me up, he is class and deserves to be a 91 imo!

Michael Johnson - Up to 87 - Continues his good form and has surprised many this season. Seems a fixture in a decent City midfield!

Blumer Elano - Up to 92 - Wow, he has burst into the EPL like he has been here years. His form has been incredible and is the main reason why City are flying so high!

Valeri Bojinov - Down to 89 - An injury that keepes you out for months will generally get you a rating decrease!

Manchester United

Cristiano Ronaldo - Up to 97 - Last seasons great form continues and I feel he is now proving to be as good as the best players in the world.

Park Ji Sung - Down to 88 - Does not play regular enough.

Carlos Tevez - Up to 94 - Class act and his partnership with Rooney is proving all the critics wrong. Will only get better too!

Middlesbrough

Mark Schwarzer - Down to 88 - Has been injured and I do not believe he as good as he used to be.

Jonathan Woodgate - Down to 90 - Has lost his England squad place and when he is not injured he is not performing to the same standards of days of old.

David Wheater - Up to 86 - One of the few success stories at Middlesbrough this year.

Sanli Tuncay - Down to 90 - Struggling to fit in and adapt to life in England. I can't see him staying so expect a move to Spain!

Newcastle United

Shay Given - Down to 92 - Long term injuries and lack of form means a certain decrease for me.

Steven Taylor - Up to 88 - Is first choice CB at Newcastle ahead of some higher rated players.

Charles N'Zogbia - Up to 88 - Playing very well and has adapted very well to playing at LB. He has also scored some vital goals.

Damien Duff - Down to 89 - Still a 90 class player when he is on the pitch but thats the problem, he never is!

James Milner - Up to 89 - Along the same lines as Ashley Young and Gabby Agbonlahor, all very young and performing well. All of similar ability too!

Portsmouth

Bisan Lauren - Down to 88 - Does not play enough at Portsmouth and seems to be behind Glenn Johnson in the pecking order at RB.

Glenn Johnson - Up to 88 - Is Harry finally bringing the best out of his fellow East Londoner? Has immense talent and is starting to show glimpses of what he can do!

Noe Pamarot - Up to 87 - Is good cover and also does a good job, has played a few games of late and polayed well.

John Utaka - Up to 89 - Pace to burn and has shown his heels to the EPL defences. Great start to life at Pompey for the Nigerian speedster!

Benjani - Up to 89 - OH MY GOD, never thought i'd say it but the flop from Zimbabwe is no longer a flop. Has scored lots of goals this season and his perfoemances have actually benn very good!!

Reading

Shane Long - Up to 86 - Plays for Ireland and also has done well at Reading.

Dave Kiton - Up to 86 - Similar ability to Long and has put last season's injuries behind him.

Sunderland

Can't honestly say that I would change any of these ratings, they seem fair to me.

Tottenham Hotspur

Ledley King - Down to 90 - Purely down to a long term injury. Is still 91 class just needs to play to prove it!

Dimitar Berbatov - Down to 92 - Saw this suggested by someone else and have to agree, needs to regain his form to justify a 93.

West Ham United

Anton Ferdinand - Up to 88 - Just deserves it in my opinion.

Kieron Dyer - Down to 88 - Another injury and very little playing time means he has to decrease.

Mark Noble - Up to 88 - Has impressed me a lot with his hard tackling and never say die attitude. Plays regular too.

Freddie Ljungberg - Down to 89 - Not a 90 rated player anymore. His goals have dried up and he is not as quick as he used to be.

Dean Ashton - Up to 88 - A certain 90 in the future if he can stay injury clear. Looked very good when was fit but is now injured again unfortunately.

Wigan Athletic

Denny Landzaat - Down to 88 - Another who I cannot say justifies a 90 rating any longer. Has hardly set the world alight at Wigan.

Paul Scharner - Up to 87 - Wigan's most consistant performer week in and week out.

I don't think Given will decrease. He has been in great form for club and country and has been back from injury a while now.

I disagree with Elano to 92, but think it will happen as the EPL is overly rated in SM. :D Any other league he would not go that high, as not been here long.

Duff needs to decrease more I think. Old news this guy really. Maybe 88, but think you are right that 89 will happen.

Lead scorer in the EPL, I think Benjani will hit 90 for that reason.

Agree with your big calls on Richards, Tevez, Ronaldo though.

• 4 weeks later...