Phillip Lahm

nopes66

Guest sakana

Re: PHILIPP LAHM

WEEL HES 93 AND HES YOUNG I DONT THINK ITS THE TIME FOR HIM 2 GO UP 2 2 I THINK NEXT SEASON HE WILL DEFINIT BE A GOOD PLAYERMAYB 94 BUT 95 IS TOO MUCH

agreed

a very good full back but bayern have been under performing this season in spells. whether this was down to magath i'm not sure. now that hitzfeld has returned they still have a chance of winning the bundesliga but it will have been a shock to them to be beaten by milan in the champions league after a good first leg performance.

i think he could push 94 but not sure if it will happen. might need to wait until next season for an increase.

I'm willing to bet he'll make 95 in the next 2 or 3 years. Most attacking minded full backs tend to be weak at defending, but Lahm is excellent at stopping crosses (which is the number 1 priority for any full back). He can also play on both sides which is a big help, especially for Germany who have a shortage of quality right backs at the moment, and as a bonus he's got a decent shot. He's pretty much the complete player. Not sure he'll get an increase just yet though. Most full backs seem to be underrated on SM compared to players in other positions.

Guest ManUtd

95!!!!! No way lahm is fine at 93. Look at ashley cole he's rated 93 and in my opinion he is better than lahm.

I dont mean to go off topic but why the hell is gabriel heinze rated 93. He should be something like 91 or or something. He is about as good as evra or maybe even worse.

95!!!!! No way lahm is fine at 93. Look at ashley cole he's rated 93 and in my opinion he is better than lahm.

Yes' date=' 93 is fine for now, 95 is for the future. On this season's evidence though, Ashley Cole is hardly worthy of a 90. He's never been the best left back defensively as he can get caught too far up the pitch leaving a gap for the opposing right winger to exploit, but since signing for Chelsea he seems to have lost a lot of his attacking flair. Wayne Bridge has done a much better job when he's been used, and Clichy at Arsenal has been leagues ahead of him.

I dont mean to go off topic but why the hell is gabriel heinze rated 93. He should be something like 91 or or something. He is about as good as evra or maybe even worse.

I think Heinze is actually 92 now because of his injury. But regardless, there is no left back anywhere in the world (well, maybe Zambrotta) that is better at ball winning and stopping crosses than Heinze. Sure he doesn't do all the fancy stuff going forward like Evra or like Cole did at Arsenal, but a full back's number 1 priority is stopping crosses. Noone can argue that. If he wasn't injured, he'd probably be a 94 by now, and if he played at CB for United like he does for Argentina, I suspect it might even be higher (basically because no one expects a CB to attack).

• 4 months later...

I dont mean to go off topic but why the **** is gabriel heinze rated 93. He should be something like 91 or or something. He is about as good as evra or maybe even worse.

no offence, but lahm in twice the Left back cole is, and lahm is right footed.

cole is the most offer rated player around.

Gael clichy is better than cole too.

i would say 94 he is better than cole but not yet zambrottas level.

cole should be about 91 if you ask me.

Re: Phillip Lahm

On the subject of Lahm was anyone else suprised to see him play in a Defensive midfielder role for Germany vs England last week?

Maybe he see's himself as a little Essien and can play any role from Defensive midfield to LB or RB.

He such an accomplished player,calm and precise,it doesn't surprise me,he's one the best full backs in World football,he position sense is top quality,and he indeed does deserve an increase..

He such an accomplished player' date='calm and precise,it doesn't surprise me,he's one the best full backs in World football,he position sense is top quality,and he indeed does deserve an increase..[/quote']

i think he is a fantastic tackler as well, times them excellently.

he can really move up and down the flanks too.

with his speed, tackling ability and composure on the ball he could player any position well.

maybe not in goals cause he isn't that tall

i think he is a fantastic tackler as well' date=' times them excellently.

he can really move up and down the flanks too.

with his speed, tackling ability and composure on the ball he could player any position well.

maybe not in goals cause he isn't that tall[/quote']

I agree with you Lahm is good and i think he should go up to 94 and since he's young eventually he'll keep going up.

His goal against costa rica was really good.

• 3 weeks later...