Are you going to renew your gold account?

Are you going to renew your gold account?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Re: Are yo going to renew your gold account?

If you ask me 2 months ago i would have definitely said yes .... but now, i lost motivation .....Don't jump to criticise me, i just think it's not the same game without the REGULAR rating system . I don't think that i'll still be a gold user in this summer.....

Re: Are you going to renew your gold account?

I absolutely hate the new ratings schedule (or lack of one) and their decision to let the fan boys rate players. I hate how crappy their SMFA/ATMS is, reversing legitimate deals while not dealing with blatant cheating/selling for credits (probably because the people who buy credits to buy players are probably the customers they want to keep).

But I'll still renew because I've had some of my teams for close to 5 years and still get a bit of enjoyment out of competing with some of the managers on this game. I guess they rely on the older customers being attached to their teams and ignore them while they try and attract new customers...

Guest drseanfitz

So speak your mind my friends: Is SM going in the right direction?

I personally don't think it is. neither do many others(as is evident across the forum)

If you ask me 2 months ago i would have definitely said yes .... but now' date=' i lost motivation .....Don't jump to criticise me, i just think it's not the same game without the REGULAR rating system . I don't think that i'll still be a gold user in this summer.....[/quote']

why should you be criticized, if the changes have taken away from your enjoyment of the game, then it's entirely your choice as to Gold renewal

I absolutely hate the new ratings schedule (or lack of one) and their decision to let the fan boys rate players. I hate how crappy their SMFA/ATMS is' date=' reversing legitimate deals while not dealing with blatant cheating/selling for credits (probably because the people who buy credits to buy players are probably the customers they want to keep).

[/quote']

the idea of random rating evaluations would work well alongside a properly structured rating review, but that doesn't happen.

and the SMFA reversal/blockings drove me to quit nearly all of my teams in worlds monitored by the SMFA.

Personally think SM have arsed up with a lot of their recent changes, would love to say that I have the confidence in SM to turn it around, but not too sure they will anytime soon

already did this week, for £12 or £1 a month, its pretty good value for a few perks to essentially a 'freebie'

it is worrying that many people seem to play for the ratings/reviewing/risers side of things so they have become unhappy because this has changed.

I have played for nearly 3 years and never been affected by SMFA blocking/reserving deals (actually just once - but worked it out the following week) or never have had an issue with Player Concerns...

personally i think it is in a massive transition so we wont see the best of it for a while yet. Im prepared to stick with it for another year!

;2468980']already did this week' date=' for £12 or £1 a month, its pretty good value for a few perks to essentially a 'freebie'

it is worrying that many people seem to play for the ratings/reviewing/risers side of things so they have become unhappy because this has changed.

I have played for nearly 3 years and never been affected by SMFA blocking/reserving deals (actually just once - but worked it out the following week) or never have had an issue with Player Concerns...

personally i think it is in a massive transition so we wont see the best of it for a while yet. Im prepared to stick with it for another year![/quote']

I'm pretty surprised that quite a lot of experienced users stated that they will leave the game. I have played the game for 5 years and i have a gold account for about 3 years now; although these changes aren't really what i hoped i will stick to my gold account because i like challenges and victory it's always sweeter when it's hard to acomplish it and i still think SM provides the thrills.

Don't have to make my mind up yet & my decision will depend to a large extent on wether the NEW system of SW succeeds in quickening the speed of player reviews. 50/50% at the moment but here's hoping, because SM has a lot of good features which has kept me entertained for many years.

For the last few years the reviewing system tho has been so very slow & very annoying, surely SW can improve on "very slow"???

I absolutely hate the new ratings schedule (or lack of one) and their decision to let the fan boys rate players. I hate how crappy their SMFA/ATMS is' date=' reversing legitimate deals while not dealing with blatant cheating/selling for credits (probably because the people who buy credits to buy players are probably the customers they want to keep).

But I'll still renew because I've had some of my teams for close to 5 years and still get a bit of enjoyment out of competing with some of the managers on this game. I guess they rely on the older customers being attached to their teams and ignore them while they try and attract new customers...[/quote']

I personally don't think it is. neither do many others(as is evident across the forum)

the idea of random rating evaluations would work well alongside a properly structured rating review' date=' but that doesn't happen.

and the SMFA reversal/blockings drove me to quit nearly all of my teams in worlds monitored by the SMFA.

Personally think SM have arsed up with a lot of their recent changes, would love to say that I have the confidence in SM to turn it around, but not too sure they will anytime soon[/quote']

Pretty much agree with all the points here and add to that the appalling SMFA Cup Match engine which is so random and annoying.

SM really need to start up grading the game or members will drift away.

well mines currently valid for about another year or so and i will be renewing it after that aswell i reckon.

i mean i play it as a bit of fun or to kill time every now and again and it provides that for me and its pretty decent value for money so as far as i'm concerned i'm sorted pretty much,

i mean i used to play the old skool play by mail manager games(necom games version) and i'm going back to the early 90's when it used to work out at about £1.40/50 a turn if i remember correctly so the fact that now in 2013 (yeah of course i understand that its an internet based game now so theres no cost to the provider per say ala' postage paper/ink costs etc) its like a quid or so a month for up to 28 odd teams(due to be buying various extra teams etc) i thinks cracking value considering the amount of time i can actually eat up playing this game, yeah its not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but then again what is

well mines currently valid for about another year or so and i will be renewing it after that aswell i reckon.

i mean i play it as a bit of fun or to kill time every now and again and it provides that for me and its pretty decent value for money so as far as i'm concerned i'm sorted pretty much' date='

i mean i used to play the old skool play by mail manager games(necom games version) and i'm going back to the early 90's when it used to work out at about £1.40/50 a turn if i remember correctly so the fact that now in 2013 (yeah of course i understand that its an internet based game now so theres no cost to the provider per say ala' postage paper/ink costs etc) its like a quid or so a month for up to 28 odd teams(due to be buying various extra teams etc) i thinks cracking value considering the amount of time i can actually eat up playing this game, yeah its not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but then again what is

[/font']

]

haha Dan, i remember play by mail as well, it was £2.50 a week when i did it,

i will renew my membership. I cant understand why everyone moans so much,

i guess these people don't have much else to moan about because in perspective there are serious things wrong with the world. Ramieres rated at 91 instead of 92 or the fact sm have change the way they do rating schedules isn't one of them in my opinion.

;2468980']

Its the games USP and IMO its greatest asset, but its fast becoming not the game many of us joined and spent X amount of years investing our time, possibly money developing and becoming attached to our clubs. Its sad to see the direction its heading.

Its the games USP and IMO its greatest asset' date=' but its fast becoming not the game many of us joined and spent X amount of years investing our time, possibly money developing and becoming attached to our clubs. Its sad to see the direction its heading.[/quote']

I absolutely agree with these points.

]

haha Dan' date=' i remember play by mail as well, it was £2.50 a week when i did it,

i guess these people don't have much else to moan about because in perspective there are serious things wrong with the world. Ramieres rated at 91 instead of 92 or the fact sm have change the way they do rating schedules isn't one of them in my opinion.[/quote']

The reason this forum exists is for us to discuss the game. I agree there are alot of things wrong with the world, do you want to start a thread?

]

haha Dan' date=' i remember play by mail as well, it was £2.50 a week when i did it,

i guess these people don't have much else to moan about because in perspective there are serious things wrong with the world. Ramieres rated at 91 instead of 92 or the fact sm have change the way they do rating schedules isn't one of them in my opinion.[/quote']

Yeah I actually owned and ran a PBM game called Horses for Courses (Horse racing obviously). Had to retire it when Web games became popular & my attempts at rejuvenating it came under cyber attack making it too expensive & time consuming to continue.

Here are my thoughts being a player with a rep of nearly 300 so nearly six years playing but with no interest in arguing with forumers.

It comes down to that there are two types of players in general playing SM. 1. People like me who want to take charge of an Everton and slowly build the club in a competitive gameworld to take down the Man City type clubs and build an empire in a realistic competitive gameworld. 2. People who want to manage top clubs and have 500 players on the books all loaned out to other clubs and ruin the gameworld after which they leave and the gameworld is empty. When 1 meets 2, 1 wastes time and gets frustrated with SM.

I have never considered dumping SM and have enjoyed it immensely but in the last 12 months I think it has really lost its edge. My thoughts are -

- Ratings. handing the ratings over to the "fan boys" as the other poster called them was a mistake. Building a team used to be about patience and now it seems like 92 is the new 89 and hyped up young players get a walk through the ratings.

- Ratings schedule - always SMs achilles heel, no solution found to date. Having the fan boys randomly bump up the ratings of the next ronaldo hardly gets us closer to the goal.

- Loan players. Being able to loan out an infinite number of players to ever accepting unmanaged clubs just completely undermines the credibility of the league. It is ludicrous to think that a club can have hundreds of players all loaned out while every new young player just signs on to be loaned out. Silly.

- Player Concerns - ramp em up so clubs hoarding players end up with 10 x Carlos Tevez on the books or get rid of them. You had the courage to introduce concerns and then got the yips when a couple of barcelona glory hunter managers got upset.

- That ridiculous red flag with a circle on it that wants me to read pointless messages everytime I log in.

- That I unlocked the 6-0 achievement. What is this, boy scouts? Send me a badge instead of those gold coins that I can trade to pay a scout to recommend 3 defenders from managed clubs for.

- Paying out concerns. Ridiculous.

- New player positions - dropped the ball there. Seemed like every player in my team could play every position. Until I made changes to accommodate and all the players changed their positions.

I congratulate whoever is behind SM on a fantastic job but I think has just got away from you. The game is endanger of running its course. I would suggest SM come out and clealry what the game stands for so that a gameworld has player type 1 or 2 or not both and then say that this is what we hope to achieve and how we hope to achieve it when rule changes etc are being made ie having core values on which decisions are being made rather than non sensical knee jerks which then back you into a corner.

On the positive, the match engine and being able to view the match have been worthwhile enhancements. Ditching the gold though.

Here are my thoughts being a player with a rep of nearly 300 so nearly six years playing but with no interest in arguing with forumers.

It comes down to that there are two types of players in general playing SM. 1. People like me who want to take charge of an Everton and slowly build the club in a competitive gameworld to take down the Man City type clubs and build an empire in a realistic competitive gameworld. 2. People who want to manage top clubs and have 500 players on the books all loaned out to other clubs and ruin the gameworld after which they leave and the gameworld is empty. When 1 meets 2' date=' 1 wastes time and gets frustrated with SM.

I have never considered dumping SM and have enjoyed it immensely but in the last 12 months I think it has really lost its edge. My thoughts are -

- Ratings. handing the ratings over to the "fan boys" as the other poster called them was a mistake. Building a team used to be about patience and now it seems like 92 is the new 89 and hyped up young players get a walk through the ratings.

- Ratings schedule - always SMs achilles heel, no solution found to date. Having the fan boys randomly bump up the ratings of the next ronaldo hardly gets us closer to the goal.

- Loan players. Being able to loan out an infinite number of players to ever accepting unmanaged clubs just completely undermines the credibility of the league. It is ludicrous to think that a club can have hundreds of players all loaned out while every new young player just signs on to be loaned out. Silly.

- Player Concerns - ramp em up so clubs hoarding players end up with 10 x Carlos Tevez on the books or get rid of them. You had the courage to introduce concerns and then got the yips when a couple of barcelona glory hunter managers got upset.

- That ridiculous red flag with a circle on it that wants me to read pointless messages everytime I log in.

- That I unlocked the 6-0 achievement. What is this, boy scouts? Send me a badge instead of those gold coins that I can trade to pay a scout to recommend 3 defenders from managed clubs for.

- Paying out concerns. Ridiculous.

- New player positions - dropped the ball there. Seemed like every player in my team could play every position. Until I made changes to accommodate and all the players changed their positions.

I congratulate whoever is behind SM on a fantastic job but I think has just got away from you. The game is endanger of running its course. I would suggest SM come out and clealry what the game stands for so that a gameworld has player type 1 or 2 or not both and then say that this is what we hope to achieve and how we hope to achieve it when rule changes etc are being made ie having core values on which decisions are being made rather than non sensical knee jerks which then back you into a corner.

On the positive, the match engine and being able to view the match have been worthwhile enhancements. Ditching the gold though.[/quote']

Pretty much agree with you. :)

Completely agree with the points Aussie Tim has made. What I find odd is how we haven't heard anything from SM in the form of response. It would be nice to hear that SM are listening to their customers. As how many threads does the forum need to have about people voicing their concerns with the direction of the game before SM listen.

It didn't take this long for SM to answer the fan boys when it came to addressing player concerns

• 1 month later...

SM used to publicise (somewhere on a starting page or log-in page):-

1) Number logged-in at that time

2) Active members

3) Number of Gold Members

Is this still on the web-site somewhere or has this feature been removed by SM? If so, does it mean declining numbers now & could this be why it has been removed?? Concerning if it has ...

SM used to publicise (somewhere on a starting page or log-in page):-

1) Number logged-in at that time

2) Active members

3) Number of Gold Members

Is this still on the web-site somewhere or has this feature been removed by SM? If so' date=' does it mean declining numbers now & could this be why it has been removed?? Concerning if it has ...[/quote']

It still there, but you need to log out to see it. As when i load up soccermanager it takes me to my home page

Just log out or use a different browser and go to http://www.soccermanager.com/ to see the stats. I can't say if the number has gone down since all the changes, would be interesting to find out tho

Current managers and people online

Managers: 681,213 Online: 10,584 Managed Clubs: 1,221,040

It still there' date=' but you need to log out to see it. As when i load up soccermanager it takes me to my home page

Just log out or use a different browser and go to [url']http://www.soccermanager.com/[/url] to see the stats. I can't say if the number has gone down since all the changes, would be interesting to find out tho

Current managers and people online

Managers: 681,213 Online: 10,584 Managed Clubs: 1,221,040

Thanks KeyserSoze (usual suspect).

So they have changed "Active Members" to "Managers". Which moots the question I am One active member, but am I SIX managers (I have 6 clubs)?

Secondly, "Gold Managers" isn't mentioned anymore??

The figures I have for online 30 July 2010 Friday at 1.22pm was 5,987 & on Tuesday 5 July 2011 (Almost a year later) online at 11.33AM was 13,161. Just 2 snapshots which in themselves prove nothing of course.

What would have proved something would be Gold membership, because I also have the figures for those dates, which showed a healthy increase between those dates, but we can't compare with the figure today.

Thanks KeyserSoze (usual suspect).

So they have changed "Active Members" to "Managers". Which moots the question I am One active member' date=' but am I SIX managers (I have 6 clubs)?

Secondly, "Gold Managers" isn't mentioned anymore??

The figures I have for online 30 July 2010 Friday at 1.22pm was 5,987 & on Tuesday 5 July 2011 (Almost a year later) online at 11.33AM was 13,161. Just 2 snapshots which in themselves prove nothing of course.

What would have proved something would be Gold membership, because I also have the figures for those dates, which showed a healthy increase between those dates, but we can't compare with the figure today.[/quote']

If I was to take a guest the reason for SM to change Active Members to Managers would be to make their site numbers look better, from an advertising point of view. As they could say look how many members we have, but the true number of active user's is alot lower.

As what is an Active Manger. As I'm sure anyone within their own gameworld's could find managers from looking at individual club history's and find users who aren't in control of any clubs. Now these people could of left for many reasons and may never return. But with them registering with the site, their profile is kept on the basics might return. So by SM keeping the user profiles of people who are no longer in charge of clubs counted towards the current managers total?

As you rightly point out Soccahappy you have multi clubs, I myself have 5. However much SM is free the purpose of it is to get users to upgrade and become a gold manager. Otherwise you can only manage two clubs and limited to what comps you can enter. So i can understand the need for SM to aim the game at people on FB, market it like games on there where you can use coins and buy features.

But from the figures alone from users online it shows that it's has a hardcore of users who are using SM and within that Gold members. So it makes me shudder within their own forum how they won't engage with their customers, more so with the direction of the game.

I've seen many threads dry up as people have got fed up voicing their concerns as they know nothing will get done. It's the wrong attitude to have in my opinion. As come the time when SM realize the problems, it'd be alot harder to try and convince them people to come back, more so to part with their cash.

Take this forum, i've noticed at 12GMT till about 1pm and 8pm till about 8.30 the site is down daily, might even be more times a day. SM are busy improving features for the game, graphics, ways to spend your coins, profiles on SW but they can't afford to have a site that works 24/7. It's not like the site is getting 200,000 people hitting it in an hour as look at the figures from people online just over 10'000 and that could be people on the game not the forum, will be alot less.

It makes me worry when i see SM asking people to volunteer to help with translating and help keep the site upto date on SW. As this kind of input shouldn't be lade at the feet of users, as a blind man can see the direction of the game just from the players who keep on getting reviewed, again and again. What has our Gold Membership bought, other than a few more clubs to manage. It's becoming clear to myself it's not being used to keep a forum site working 24/7 nor having the database kept upto date.

If I was to take a guest the reason for SM to change Active Members to Managers would be to make their site numbers look better' date=' from an advertising point of view. As they could say look how many members we have, but the true number of active user's is alot lower.

As what is an Active Manger. As I'm sure anyone within their own gameworld's could find managers from looking at individual club history's and find users who aren't in control of any clubs. Now these people could of left for many reasons and may never return. But with them registering with the site, their profile is kept on the basics might return. So by SM keeping the user profiles of people who are no longer in charge of clubs counted towards the current managers total?

As you rightly point out Soccahappy you have multi clubs, I myself have 5. However much SM is free the purpose of it is to get users to upgrade and become a gold manager. Otherwise you can only manage two clubs and limited to what comps you can enter. So i can understand the need for SM to aim the game at people on FB, market it like games on there where you can use coins and buy features.

But from the figures alone from users online it shows that it's has a hardcore of users who are using SM and within that Gold members. So it makes me shudder within their own forum how they won't engage with their customers, more so with the direction of the game.

[b']I've seen many threads dry up as people have got fed up voicing their concerns as they know nothing will get done. It's the wrong attitude to have in my opinion. As come the time when SM realize the problems, it'd be alot harder to try and convince them people to come back, more so to part with their cash.[/b]Take this forum, i've noticed at 12GMT till about 1pm and 8pm till about 8.30 the site is down daily, might even be more times a day. SM are busy improving features for the game, graphics, ways to spend your coins, profiles on SW but they can't afford to have a site that works 24/7. It's not like the site is getting 200,000 people hitting it in an hour as look at the figures from people online just over 10'000 and that could be people on the game not the forum, will be alot less.

It makes me worry when i see SM asking people to volunteer to help with translating and help keep the site upto date on SW. As this kind of input shouldn't be lade at the feet of users, as a blind man can see the direction of the game just from the players who keep on getting reviewed, again and again. What has our Gold Membership bought, other than a few more clubs to manage. It's becoming clear to myself it's not being used to keep a forum site working 24/7 nor having the database kept upto date.

You can certainly count me in this category. I'm fed up of pointing out faults, wrong game directions etc. I've drastically cut down on my time on the forum, in the game & stopped editing players on SW entirely. Completely disenchanted & will not be re-newing my Gold Membership when it runs out, meaning I thought 3 teams, but it's 2 is it instead of my present 6? :(. Only thing that would stop me going ahead would be SM/SW coming up with a sensible & MUCH QUICKER review sysem, and all I expect will happen is ..... Nothing