Sign in to follow this  
IanoLudz

LORD OF THE RINGS - The Battle For Middle Earth

Welcome to my first Gameworld (ID 174432):

Cover1.jpg

The main aim of this GW is to get your entire Realm into Middle Earth (Div 1). Each Realm consists of 3 teams, one in each of the three divisions. It’s a simple one up and one down promotion/relegation from each division.

Real squads will be used with a balance of 100m to spend. No transfers with unmanaged clubs but apart from that there are no restrictions on transfers.

The Realms of Middle Earth:

Gondor – Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester Utd

Rohan – Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Barcelona

Mordor – Galatasaray, Schalke, Ajax

Fangorn – Valencia, Napoli, Porto

Mirkwood – Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham

Rivendell – Marseille, Lyon, PSG

Moria – Leverkusen, Dortmund, B. Munich

The Shire – Inter, Milan, Juventus

mapA01.jpg

I would like to fill as many teams as possible before I launch the GW so please let me know if you’re interested. Allocation will be on a first come first serve basis.

Main Rules:

Each team will be made up of a fellowship of Wizards, Elves, Dwarfs, Men, Hobbits & Golems. There are however restrictions on who you can field in a team. At any one time on a team there can only be a maximum of:

One Wizard (95+)

One Elf (93 or 94)

One Dwarf (91 or 92)

Two Men (89 or 90)

You can play:

Unlimited Golems (88 or less)

You must play at least:

Four Hobbits (U21 with a max rating of 87)

There are no restrictions on squad numbers but be aware of who you can or cant play in a team! These selection rules only apply to league games so you can play whoever you want in Cup games.

There are no restrictions on squad selection when playing against an unmanaged team.

One Ring to rule them all:

During every game turn, one team in each division will get to wear the ring of power. This means that the team will have no selection restrictions and can field any side they want. It will be by random draw and will only be used once for every team during the season. I will post on the forum who will have the ring prior to the next fixture. It's very important to check in on the forum as if you miss your chance to use the ring you will not get another in the season.The ring will not be used in the first or last game of the season.

The end of season pillage:

At the end of every season the team who finishes first in their division will be able to buy any player from the team who finishes last in the same division at Chairman Value. If the team that finishes last is unmanaged then it will be the lowest managed team who will be pillaged! These transfers must be completed before the start of the next season.

Cup Winners:

The team that wins the cup will get to use the ring of power for two additional turns in the season. If there are not enough games left then they can be carried forward to the next season.

I hope that the three teams in each Realm would work together to achieve their goal of capturing Middle Earth. I’ve made these rules as I think it will make a challenge of the GW but as it’s my first attempt I am open to suggestions or opinions on how to improve the format.

I also hope that the rules are followed and I would propose the following punishments for any infringements:

First Rule Break – Field weakest team in the next league match

Second Rule Break – No transfers for rest of season

Third Rule Break – Asked to leave GW

So will you pledge your allegiance to The Dwarfs of Moria, The Elves of Rivendell or even the dark lord himself in Mordor???

Re: LORD OF THE RINGS - The Battle For Middle Earth

These are the Divisions....

DivsA.jpg

Manager List:

IanoLudz - Liverpool

JohnBarns - Atletico Madrid

Venkrontrueblue11 - Real Madrid

hdixit - Juventus

Gamechanger - PSG

Zlook - Dortmund

Vockgarr - Barcelona

Pwnd - Man City

Patrick - Chelsea

ashish dabral - Man Utd

basnandez - Napoli

Lukelufc - Porto

johnjharman - Marseille

gonich_losova - Lyon

Nuri Sahin - B. Munich

Closer - Ajax

Giggsy Supporter - Spurs

Beist - Leverkusen

Lone Wolf - Valencia

Amazter - Galatasary

Animattion - Arsenal

Dean O - Milan

gondorA2255.jpg

rohanA5569.jpg

mordorA2654.jpg

mirkwoodA9854.jpg

rivendellf1.jpg

MoriaA12587.jpg

shireA0215.jpg

fangornA874.jpg

Good ideas you have mate' date=' but unfortunately the last game world I tried like this didn't work (war of Europe) so I will wait and see how this works out before I decide if I'm joining[/quote']

I was in that GW as well. I hope this is run right by the managers that join. I will not be changing the rules as I go, and the GW wont be launched until I am happy that everyone is on board and aware how the game is played. If you change your mind let me know and I'll add you to the list. Cheers.

Hello ian, just recived an invitation from hdixit and must say top job! Well i do want to join . . . Reserve put me chelsea and i will confirm in a day as i have to keep my exams in mind. Must say again top job! Cheers

Nice idea and not over complicated, one query I do have is the player ratings rule regarding one player being able to play in a certain ratings bracket.

The reason I say this is teams with many high rated players are going to develop concerns due to the fact they can only play one player in a certain rating bracket.

Maybe the challenge is that managers juggling and selling players accordingly. I just feel that many players will end up rotting on the bench and subsequently gain concerns.

I dissagree on that with jkerrs, this rule is what makes interesting this GW the most. Eventually the best teams will have to sell most of those players, and all teams will become of equal power. Also there'll be players to buy all the time, and the market will never drain out

I dissagree on that with jkerrs' date=' this rule is what makes interesting this GW the most. Eventually the best teams will have to sell most of those players, and all teams will become of equal power. Also there'll be players to buy all the time, and the market will never drain out[/quote']

Agree will prevent teams from loading up :D

I dissagree on that with jkerrs' date=' this rule is what makes interesting this GW the most. Eventually the best teams will have to sell most of those players, and all teams will become of equal power. Also there'll be players to buy all the time, and the market will never drain out[/quote']

Disagree on what?

All I am after is an answer to my statement. If you read the last paragraph I also stated that perhaps the idea behind it is for managers to juggle and sell there players accordingly.

However I personally would rather try and juggle the high rated players than sell them on to managed teams.

Edit: I won't even be joining however I am just trying to partake in helping make the set-up as good as it can be and it is still a valid point.

I agree with Closer on that it makes you sell your top players either willingly or by them asking for it(concerns) so in all it prevents hoarding of higher rated players but it still lets you buy enough and good young talent for your team. Let's wait for Ian what he feels.

Also Welcome to everyone:D

Agree will prevent teams from loading up :D
I agree with Closer on that it makes you sell your top players either willingly or by them asking for it(concerns) so in all it prevents hoarding of higher rated players but it still lets you buy enough and good young talent for your team. Let's wait for Ian what he feels.

Also Welcome to everyone:D

I suggest you all read my post again rather than jumping to conclusions that I was trying to state anything.

I like the look of this. LOVE the theme, but afraid there are a few flaws which could lead to the failure of the gameworld. And as you did ask for any thoughts I'm gonna say what I feel:

As Dylan touched on, there have been a few gameworlds like this and even with the best will in the world, people still don't stick by the rules.

Instead of the rules of must only PLAY one wizard, elf, etc. what if we all managed weaker teams throughout the gameworld instead and the rules are that you may only BUY one wizard, one elf per season, etc. from the external teams which are the man uniteds, barcas and munichs (and thus making the transfer market more active). That way when the season is off and running people do not need to stick by the only play certain players rules.

The pillage rule would still work but a change in the one ring rule would be needed.

It does totally change the gameworld though, probably more than you were intending, maybe this could be a LOTR 2 if this one doesn't work out and we could work together on it at that point...