What happens with Puerta?

kgosser

For those of you who haven't heard, Antonio Puerta, LM for Sevilla, died today at the age of 22.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=396779

I'm just curious if this has ever happened before on SM? It may sound trite, but just wondering if he is taken out of the database, or how it's handled.

My heart goes out to Puerta's family. His girl friend is having a baby next month. I can't imagine how hard that's going to be on them.

RIP

Re: What happens with Puerta?

I find that morbid. If a player retires' date=' ok to keep him til the end of the season, but with a dead guy, I don't think it's respectful.[/quote']

I'd agree, as someone who has a Sevilla team I would personally rather not have him available/pick him for over half a season which is what I have left. Any reason the devs can't just remove him and Ray Jones now?

I'd agree' date=' as someone who has a Sevilla team I would personally rather not have him available/pick him for over half a season which is what I have left. Any reason the devs can't just remove him and Ray Jones now?[/quote']

Yeah, I agree with that, but atm I don't think anything should happen, it seems a bit disrespectful to talk about taking him off the game when he's just passed away really :o

Yeah' date=' I agree with that, but atm I don't think anything should happen, it seems a bit disrespectful to talk about taking him off the game when he's just passed away really :o[/quote']

Possibly, but then I really don't like the thought of Puerta scoring the winning goal for me tomorrow night a day after his tragic death either.... :(

Possibly' date=' but then I really don't like the thought of Puerta scoring the winning goal for me tomorrow night a day after his tragic death either.... :([/quote']

I see what you mean, basically with my Sevilla, I have just replaced him in the starting line up, will keep him in my squad, but I won't play him as it just doesn't seem right :(

I see what you mean' date=' basically with my Sevilla, I have just replaced him in the starting line up, will keep him in my squad, but I won't play him as it just doesn't seem right :([/quote']

Probably what I will do aswell, I'd like to think there are no circumstances that will lead to me picking him again....may he RIP

I see what you mean' date=' basically with my Sevilla, I have just replaced him in the starting line up, will keep him in my squad, but I won't play him as it just doesn't seem right :([/quote']

Think I'll do the same with him, just keep him out of the team until the game retires him, which will hopefully be soon.

Such upsetting news that he's passed away, RIP :(

I think the best way to handle the situation is by removing Puerta from the Database, and some kind of compensation would be given to his owners... I think it disrespectful if he is still used by the managers... :( :(

What do you think??

RIP Puerta - The world has lost a brilliant talent -:(

all prayers with you and your family

I think the best way to handle the situation is by removing Puerta from the Database, and some kind of compensation would be given to his owners... I think it disrespectful if he is still used by the managers...

What do you think??

What do you mean by compensation to his owners, like give them cash to the manager on SM or like the family in real life?

What do you mean by compensation to his owners' date=' like give them cash to the manager on SM or like the family in real life?[/quote']

No No, not in real life.. I mean that whoever was managing Sevilla (or other clubs that've bought him) on SM would then be given his value back (7.2M) ....

No No' date=' not in real life.. I mean that whoever was managing Sevilla (or other clubs that've bought him) on SM would then be given his value back (7.2M) ....[/quote']

That seems a bit unfair spending money that they get for compensation of a passed away footballer. :(

NO Compensation

Sevilla are not getting any in real life so it should'nt happen on SM.

As a mark of respect' date=' Puerta should be removed from the SM database with immediate effect.[/color']

1ST OF ALL AS I SAID EARLIER: Im sure Sevialla have insurence for all there players.

& about him been removed from the database immediately cant agree woht that in any way what so ever.

comon guys who gives a ..... about weather we get compo or not a person has lost their life.

Lets just pay our respects and leave whatever happens on the game to SM, we should not be debating about it at all.

RIP Puerta best wishes to the family

I think you got the wrog end of the stick im not saying thats good,

Someone replied earlier that teams that have him in sm shouldent get compensation cause sevilla dident get any i sadi at the time that im sure sevialla have insurence ;)

No amount of paper can account for the life of anything.