WORLD ICON - The ICON Games Finals

Gorbash

icongamessmall.png

FOR THE OFFICIAL BEGINNING OF THE ICON GAMES Finals Game World

WORLD ICON

CLICK HERE

FOREWORD

The first game world ‘event’ of 2013 is finally upon us. Once again, ultimately we will be looking for just one winner. This time though I will need more forumers to take sides than I have ever asked for before. This new concept has been in development for many months now and will not only be the biggest concept I have undertaken, but the biggest concept in the history of game world creation.

This new concept is ‘icongamessmall.png’…

SECTOR LINKS

African ICON

Australasian ICON

New World ICON

Northern European ICON

Southern European ICON

iconconcept.png

The International Championship Of Nations (ICON) Games is a revolutionary new concept for Custom Game World creation. Ultimately it is very similar and perhaps the closest game world concept we could ever get to The World Cup.

The ICON Games will be made up of an unprecedented 6 (yes, SIX!) Game Worlds ranging from Qualifying to the Finals where we will crown our overall winner.

I have scoured the SM database and found the most suitable 60 Nations in the World to take part in a competition that will yield just one winner but all 60 Nations will have equal opportunity to be that winner.

The 60 Nations will be represented by a club from that Nation; the club will start with an empty squad and will ONLY be able to purchase players from that Nation.

Each Club has an equal rated pool of players to choose from because the ratings cap across the entire concept will be 80. This ratings cap is to be implemented to keep the playing field of ALL Nations balanced throughout the entirety of the game play. Once a player gets a rise taking him above the 80 ratings cap, he must be sold on. When a player is rated above 80, he is NOT PERMITTED to play any part of a match ,including being on the bench. If a player is 'Transfer Banned' when they rise, they are not permitted to be a part of the match day squad until they are off their transfer ban at which point they must be sold.

ALL Clubs in The ICON Games will ALWAYS have an equal opportunity of success and theoretically shouldn’t ever get left behind. The main reason for success or lack thereof will be down to the individual manger and their chosen tactics.

Ultimately the winner of The ICON Games will be the Nation of the Club that progresses through as one of four qualifiers from their Qualifying Game World, and then wins the Finals Game World – World ICON.

iconsectors.png

The 60 Nations will be divided up into 5 World Sectors of 12 Nations.

theicongamesshow.gif

• African ICON
  • Australasian ICON
  • New World ICON
  • Northern European ICON
  • Southern European ICON

The World Sector Qualifying Game Worlds will simultaneously run for 4 seasons each with 4 Nations qualifying from each Qualifying Sector.

I will be governing one of the Qualifying Sectors, I have drafted in 4 other creators to govern the other 4 Sectors. Each ‘Governor’ will have the exclusive decision as to how the 4 Qualifying Nations will be decided. These are the four options are available to them -

1. The highest placed Nation (not previously qualified) qualifies for World ICON.

In this option, the winners of the league in the Sector each season will automatically qualify for the World ICON Finals. If a Nation wins the league that has previously qualified, then the next highest placed Nation not yet to qualify will be given the qualification place.

2. Top 4 of an overall points system qualify for World ICON.

In this option, at the end of the 4th season, the points tallies from all 4 seasons are added up and the 4 Nations that have accumulated the biggest amount of points from the entirety qualify for World ICON.

3. Only the League winners automatically qualify for a place in World ICON. Then an overall Points system is used to determine the remaining places.

In this option, if you win the league in one of the 4 seasons in your qualifying Sector Game World, you automatically qualify for World ICON. If a team that has already qualified for World ICON wins the league again, then no one automatically qualifies that season. If this happens, then at the end of Season 4, there will be less than 4 automatic qualifiers. To decide the remaining qualifiers to World ICON, the overall points system comes into play. The Nation that accumulated the highest amount of points across all four season that has not yet qualified, gets the remaining qualifying places.

4. Governors Points based system.

In this option, the Governor of each World Sector can create their own clearly indicated, and displayed before creation of the GWs. A Governor can come up with any format of how he will reward points. For example maybe 1 point for last place, with staggered amounts of points being given the higher placed you finish in each league campaign. Maybe more points issued for Cup successes or SMFA competition successes.. Possibly point even could be awarded for having the player of the season. For example, Highest Average Rating (must have played at least 75% of league matches) gets 2 extra points. Top goal scorer, most assists, most man of the match awards etc. Governors must firstly run their ideas through me before this option can be cemented in.

Whichever of the 4 options above is going to be used for each sector must be indicated to me by the governor of each Sector before any of the Qualifying Sector GWs are created. Once the game worlds have been created, the option that was chosen will be permanent for the duration of the 4 seasons and cannot be changed.

World ICON will be made up of the Final 20 Nations that came through their Qualifying Game Worlds.

NOTE: The Nations involved in each World Sector will be revealed and detailed in subsequent posts.

iconrules.png

Economy Level – Normal

Player can develop concerns YES

SMFA monitoring on NO

Can only offer cash to clubs in deals NO

Buying from unmanaged clubs NOT ALLOWED

Buying from external clubs YES

No buying over the age of NO LIMIT

No buying players rated over 80

Squad Cap ANY

Cannot do cash transfers over NO LIMIT

Transfer windows NONE

Can only buy players with the same nationality of club ON

Manager sacked when they finish in the bottom NO MANAGERS SACKED

Managers must log into game world at least every 21 days

League games per season 22

Starting Squads EMPTY SQUADS

Starting Balance 30m

iconprizes.png

1,000 SM Credits for Qualification to World ICON. Credits payable at the end of the 4th season and are null and void if the winning manager is not still the manager at the end of the 4th season.

10,000 SM Credits to the Winner of The ICON Games. The full amount will only be paid if the same manager has taken his Nation from the beginning of the Qualifying GW to the title of World ICON.

iconconclusion.png

So there you have it, all prepped and ready to go. Be sure to look out for the subsequent posts to this one where the Nations and Clubs representing those Nations will be revealed.

This is a real opportunity for some lesser known, yet great, managers here on the forum to get noticed and make a name for themselves with the more established.

Please post your interest here on this thread and also your in-game name.

As of yet, teams will not be handed out but feel free to mention your most desired Nations.

I still have to discuss with my fellow Governors how we are going to assign the teams to the managers. Remember though, all Nations will always be rated equal as ALL Nations have a good pool of players rated at up to 80 which is what The ICON Games requires. No one Nation should ever have an advantage over any other in terms of player ratings.

Any questions, suggestions, or tips on how to improve the idea are also greatly received and considered.

theicongamesballs.png

SHORTLIST

D-GAMECHANGER

Dylan Wilkinson

ElStevo

forevrunited

Keysersoze

mcdonagh1101

Overmars to Nasri

Sunnyskeg

tigerdon11

TonyA

ZlookVulk

Southern European ICON Reveal

southerneurpeanicon.png

iconsoutherneuropeangov.png

CLICK HERE TO GO TO THIS SECTOR'S

SPECIFIC THREAD

albaniabanner.png

ALBANIA

KF Partizani

MANAGER : Anri

austriabanner.png

AUSTRIA

SK Austria

Manager : Dai Smout

croatiabanner.png

CROATIA

NK Lokomotiva

Manager : prince 88

greecebanner.png

GREECE

Olympiakos

Manager : Tranmere

italybanner.png

ITALY

Atletico Roma

Manager : MaoaM

portugalbanner.png

PORTUGAL

Sporting CP

Manager : Gusma

romaniabanner.png

ROMANIA

Steaua Bucuresti

Manager : TheMar Afc

serbiabanner.png

SERBIA

FK Partizan

Manager : gonich Iosova

slovakiabanner.png

SLOVAKIA

Slovan Bratislava

Interim Manager : drseanfitz

sloveniabanner.png

SLOVENIA

NK Olympija

Manager : Vacant

spainbanner.png

SPAIN

Espanyol

Manager : Pip

switzerlandbanner.png

SWITZERLAND

FC Basel

Manager : QUALIX

AVERAGE CAPACITY: 36,284

theicongamesballs.png

Northern European ICON Reveal

northerneuropeanicon.pngiconnortherneuropeangov.png

SPECIFIC THREAD

belgiumbanner.png

BELGIUM

Cercle Brugge

Manager : HazrBoi

czechrepublicbanner.png

CZECH REPUBLIC

Slavia Praha

Manager : brunopinto90

denmarkbanner.png

DENMARK

FC Kobenhavn

Manager : iAwesome

englandbannerb.png

ENGLAND

Leeds United

Manager : Richard007

francebanneri.png

FRANCE

RC Lens

Manager : RayNFFC

germanybanner.png

GERMANY

Werder Bremen

Manager : Noisy

irelandbanner.png

IRELAND

Shamrock Rovers

Manager : PWND

hollandbanner.png

NETHERLANDS

PSV

Manager : BroodRoosterNL

norwaybanner.png

NORWAY

Lyn Oslo

polandbanner.png

POLAND

Lech Poznan

Manager : Ozzy

swedenbanner.png

SWEDEN

GAIS

Manager : Preppens

ukrainebanner.png

UKRAINE

Metalist

AVERAGE CAPACITY: 34,107

theicongamesballs.png

New World ICON Reveal

newworldicon.png

iconnewworldgovernor.png

SPECIFIC THREAD

argentinabanner.png

ARGENTINA

Rosario Central

Manager : Ghora

boliviabanner.png

BOLIVIA

La Paz

Manager : yamil Mc

brazilbanner.png

BRAZIL

Corinthians

Manager : Gorbash

canadabanner.png

CANADA

Toronto FC

Manager : Geoffrey

chilebanner.png

CHILE

Colo Colo

Manager : sonofpluto

columbiabanner.png

COLOMBIA

Cucuta

Manager : Ryans Tornado

hondurasbanner.png

HONDURAS

Marathon

mexicobanner.png

MEXICO

Tigres

Manager : Scrooll

paraguaybanner.png

PARAGUAY

Sportivo Luqueno

Manager : Hannah B

perubanner.png

PERU

Real Garcilaso

usabanner.png

USA

Seattle Sounders

Manager : Duncan

uruguaybanner.png

URUGUAY

Cerro Largo

Manager : ryangal1982

AVERAGE CAPACITY: 37,551

theicongamesballs.png

Australasian ICON Reveal

australasianicon.png

iconaustralasiangovervo.png

SPECIFIC THREAD

australiabanner.png

AUSTRALIA

Sydney FC

Manager : Angelo1

chinabanner.png

CHINA

Shandong Luneng

Manager : Steauseka

indiabanner.png

INDIA

Churchill Brothers

Manager : Barakus

indonesiabanner.png

INDONESIA

Mitra Kukar

Manager : Gozzy

iranbanner.png

IRAN

Sepahan

iraqbanner.png

IRAQ

Arbil

Manager : slbquista

japanbanner.png

JAPAN

Oita Trinita

Manager : King Roo

russiabanner.png

RUSSIA

Krylia Sovetov

Manager : Iano Ludz

saudiarabiabanner.png

SAUDI ARABIA

Al Wehda

Manager : LethalYid

southkoreabanner.png

SOUTH KOREA

Jeonbuk Motors

Manager : VatreniUnited

thailandbanner.png

THAILAND

Buriram United

Manager : taylor8

turkeybanner.png

TURKEY

Keyserispor

Manager : King Leo

AVERAGE CAPACITY: 38,669

theicongamesballs.png

African ICON Reveal

africanicon.pngiconafricangovernor.png

ALGERIA

CS Constantine

Manager : PinkMan

angolabanner.png

ANGOLA

Petro Atletico

Manager : LegendaryLemon

cameroonbanner.png

CAMEROON

Cotonsport

Manager : Hancock

egyptbanner.png

EGYPT

El Shorta

Manager : Vendetta

ghanabanner.png

GHANA

Hearts of Oak

Manager : ~ Jose Nowinho ~

israelbanner.png

ISRAEL

Beitar Jerusalem

Manager : IIR

ivorycoastbanner.png

IVORY COAST

ASEC Mimosas

Manager : hdixit

moroccobanner.png

MOROCCO

MAS Fes

Manager : Closer

nigeriabanner.png

NIGERIA

Enyimba

Manager : jkerrs

southafricabanner.png

SOUTH AFRICA

Black Leopards

tunisiabanner.png

TUNISIA

Club Africain

Manager : Villa

zimbabwebanner.png

ZIMBABWE

Dynamos FC

Manager : Ashish Dabral

AVERAGE CAPACITY: 38,050

africaniconplayers.gif

Re: THE ICON GAMES - The World Is Watching

worldiconqualified.png

This post will be populated as time progresses.

As the 20 Nations that qualify from their Qualifying Sectors and are confirmed to be a part of World ICON they will be added here.

argentinabanner.png

ARGENTINA

Rosario Central

Qualified on June 9th 2013

as winners of the Season 1 ICON New World Sector league title.

Manager : Ghora

austriabanner.png

AUSTRIA*

SK Austria

Manager : Dai Smout

*Austria qualified as the Southern European Sector Season One winner even though they finished in Second place.

The actual winners were Portugal managed by Gusma (Gasper Senka) who was forced to withdraw from the ICON Games due to personal commitments.

As the rules to the Southern European Sector had stated from the beginning. any withdrawals would see that Nation withdrawn and replaced with the next highest Nation in that respective Season.

chilebanner.png

CHILE

Colo Colo

Manager : sonofpluto

Qualified on September 12th 2013

as winners of the Season 2 ICON New World Sector league title.

greecebanner.png

GREECE

Olympiakos

Manager : Tranmere

as winners of the Season 2 ICON Southern Europe Sector league title.

russiabanner.png

RUSSIA

Krylia Sovetov

Qualified on June 13th 2013

as winners of the Season 1 ICON Australasian Sector league title.

Manager : Iano Ludz

southkoreabanner.png

SOUTH KOREA

Jeonbuk Motors

Manager : VatreniUnited

as winners of the Season 2 ICON Australasian Sector league title.

• ICON Austalasian, New World, and Southern European Sector's all automatically issue one of their four qualifying places to any Nation that wins a league title.

• In the event that a Nation wins a league title but had already previously qualified

- the Australasian and New World sector's both give the place to the highest ranked non qualifier after a full four season points table.

- the Southern European sector gives the qualifying place to the next highest finishing Nation in that specific season.

• Both the ICON African and Northern European Sectors will have their 4 representatives confirmed towards the end of the fourth season as all four seasons are compiled into a points system to decide who advances into WORLD ICON.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS FINALLY HERE.

:D

Well I do not really need to express my opinion as basically this was my idea and I am letting Ben take all the credit ha ha.

In all seriousness nice job mate out done yourself once again with concept, presentation etc. Obviously You know I am on board as you have recruited me already to run the African ICON side of things.

Kudos to Ben and those who worked with him on this. This is awesome. I currently have exams going on but I'll manufacture time for this. Count me in.

All Ben's work mate' date=' nobody has had any input and he can take all the plaudits when this set up becomes THE biggest of all time.[/color']

Thanks to a great VM from jkerrs' date=' I will count myself in. :D He is a very charming person. :P:D[/quote']

Thank you for the compliment Dermo.....that was me at my most eloquent. :D

Nice to have you in this set-up really is going to be epic.

Sunday night I will draw up a list of managers for when Gorbash comes back online. Due to being henpecked he is not allowed on over the weekend and his missus puts him back in his cage until Monday as well. :P