WORLD ICON - The ICON Games Finals

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FOR THE OFFICIAL BEGINNING OF THE ICON GAMES Finals Game World WORLD ICON CLICK HERE FOREWORD The first game world ‘event’ of 2013 is finally upon us. Once again, ultimately we will be looking for

Re: The ICON Games - World News that was a typo mate:rolleyes: it was meant to say anus guy:p

Re: The ICON Games - World News Southern European ICON Results (Turn 4) 11/04/13 Croatia 3-4 Romania Slovenia 1-2 Switzerland Italy 5-0 Slovakia Serbia 3-0 Austria Greece 1-0 Albania Spain

Re: THE ICON GAMES - The World Is Watching

Will each region have its own thread?

This was something discussed in the social group back around Chrisatmas time' date=' and my thinking on this is to keep everything in the one thread.

I guess the reasoning behind that is to keep a community feel to the GW rather that segregating each sector off as a "us and them" scenario.[/color']

Well not sure if having you as a point of reference is a good thing or a bad thing considering you have still yet to express your interest in joining :P

I am of course speaking in jest

Lol touché. But LethalYid is someone I can vouch for with complete confidence.

Put me in the interested list - I would like to see how this develops before fully commiting.

This was something discussed in the social group back around Chrisatmas time' date=' and my thinking on this is to keep everything in the one thread.

I guess the reasoning behind that is to keep a community feel to the GW rather that segregating each sector off as a "us and them" scenario.[/color']

Surely the whole concept is us and them? There are no allies in competition surely?

One thread concerns me as it will be incredibly messy.

1- I'd feel my posts would get lost thus leading to me sacrificing the quality of each post or even posting at all.

2- I'd probably not care about the other regions thus lessening my enthusiasm to keep up with the thread.

3- the final especially is surely worthy of a thread in its own right?

If ICON is to be the best ever as many say - the forum activity is just as important as the setups themselves (IMO anyway)

I like the idea of keeping it in 1 thread. This will help grow the interaction between managers (forumers) even if not in the same qualifying GW. It will also create a friendly atmosphere that is exclusive to forum GWs (compared to GWs with in-game posts and chatting).

As for the mess that can develop having 5 GWs posting to the same thread, there can be simple rules to posting like always starting with a title clearly mentioning your GW and also agreeing on a color code for each geographical GW much like the Olympic circles.

I like the idea of keeping it in 1 thread. This will help grow the interaction between managers (forumers) even if not in the same qualifying GW. It will also create a friendly atmosphere that is exclusive to forum GWs (compared to GWs with in-game posts and chatting).

As for the mess that can develop having 5 GWs posting to the same thread' date=' there can be simple rules to posting like always starting with a title clearly mentioning your GW and also agreeing on a color code for each geographical GW much like the Olympic circles.[/quote']

I strongly disagree with one thread. Again I wouldn't really be bothered about other sector results to be totally honest & while the colour co-ordination isn't a bad idea I don't think it would deviate from the mess & potential missing of posts. I certainly feel a separate transfer & match report thread would be needed if the final decision is not to have a thread each.

Lol touché. But LethalYid is someone I can vouch for with complete confidence.

Put me in the interested list - I would like to see how this develops before fully commiting.

Surely the whole concept is us and them? There are no allies in competition surely?

One thread concerns me as it will be incredibly messy.

1- I'd feel my posts would get lost thus leading to me sacrificing the quality of each post or even posting at all.

2- I'd probably not care about the other regions thus lessening my enthusiasm to keep up with the thread.

3- the final especially is surely worthy of a thread in its own right?

If ICON is to be the best ever as many say - the forum activity is just as important as the setups themselves (IMO anyway)

As for the mess that can develop having 5 GWs posting to the same thread' date=' there can be simple rules to posting like always starting with a title clearly mentioning your GW and also agreeing on a color code for each geographical GW much like the Olympic circles.[/quote']

I strongly disagree with one thread. Again I wouldn't really be bothered about other sector results to be totally honest & while the colour co-ordination isn't a bad idea I don't think it would deviate from the mess & potential missing of posts. I certainly feel a separate transfer & match report thread would be needed if the final decision is not to have a thread each.

I can see pros and cons for both.

I personally agree with you Ash I like the idea of having a thread for each sector. People outside of the section they are in can easily go into the other threads to read up on the banter and still involve themselves with a bit of friendly rivalry taunts.

It will keep things much more compact if each sector has it's own thread and as you say' date=' you do not want to needlessly trawl through an abundance of irrelevant bumph.

Each Sector Governor can open there own thread not like it is a big job.

[/color']

Have 1 question' date='why don't replace Partizani(Albania) with any Bulgarian team?Bulgarian league is more better than Albanian and both are in same region.See that Partizani have 20K stadium,in Bulgaria have teams like Botev,Levski,CSKA who have too 20K stadiums[/quote']

probaby because there is a ratings cap of 80 and most Bulgarian sides are rated over 80? :rolleyes: also I went to see CSKA last year when I was in Bulgaria and bought the Black shirt just before the game;)

probaby because there is a ratings cap of 80 and most Bulgarian sides are rated over 80? :rolleyes: also I went to see CSKA last year when I was in Bulgaria and bought the Black shirt just before the game;)

ok but in Bulgarian teams have more 80 and 79 rated players than in Albanian and see that will be in same region with team from Italy' date='Spain,Greece,Portugal,Serbia,Romania in this countries have more 80 rated than in Albania and wouldn't have an equal opportunity of success like is said in the rules

ok but in Bulgarian teams have more 80 and 79 rated players than in Albanian and see that will be in same region with team from Italy' date='Spain,Greece,Portugal,Serbia,Romania in this countries have more 80 rated than in Albania and wouldn't have an equal opportunity of success like is said in the rules

can't really ask game creators to change their brainchilds after months of planning though mate:rolleyes:

That's not a big problem, l think l'm the only one who has applied for Albania and l dont complain about it :)

Oh' date=' now I see how it works, I could join as well, but I understand when I won't be included knowing the huge interest.

I like Japan, by the way. Broodrooster claimed Netherlands anyway.[/quote']

Hi Roo and welcome to the list, better late than never, plus I can vouch for your reliability.

I can categorically state now with a great deal of confidence that the rules/concept that is on the first page will not change and is set in stone.