WORLD ICON - The ICON Games Finals

Re: The ICON Games - World News

With only 2 games remaining in the first season of qualifications of the ICON Games, it would be a great idea if every Sector could post the table chart for the nations who have a chance to win it.

I'll continue what King Roo started and present the full picture of the battle in the Australasian Sector.

Australasian Sector League Table:

Nation (Manager) - Points (Goal Difference)

Turkey (King Leo) ...... 38(17)

Japan (King Roo) ....... 38(14)

Russia (IanoLudz) ...... 35(13)

Australia (loredan) ..... 35(9)

Turkey and Russia play each other on the last day.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FOR THE OFFICIAL BEGINNING OF THE ICON GAMES Finals Game World WORLD ICON CLICK HERE FOREWORD The first game world ‘event’ of 2013 is finally upon us. Once again, ultimately we will be looking for

Re: The ICON Games - World News that was a typo mate:rolleyes: it was meant to say anus guy:p

Re: The ICON Games - World News Southern European ICON Results (Turn 4) 11/04/13 Croatia 3-4 Romania Slovenia 1-2 Switzerland Italy 5-0 Slovakia Serbia 3-0 Austria Greece 1-0 Albania Spain

With only 2 games remaining in the first season of qualifications of the ICON Games' date=' it would be a great idea if every Sector could post the table chart for the nations who have a chance to win it.[/quote']

Here you go :D

Northern European Sector League Table:

Nation - Points (Goal Difference)

Denmark ....... 38(15)

Poland .......... 37(15)

Netherlands ... 33(6)

Denmark and Poland play each other on the last day.

African ICON Sector: Top 6

ASEC Mimosas - 37 points (GD 24)

Hearts of Oak - 36 points (GD 12)

Club Africain - 32 points (GD 7)

CS Constantine - 32 points (GD -1)

Beitar Jerusalem - 29 points (GD 1)

Cotonsport - 29 points (-1)

The African Sector's qualification method takes into account the points tally of each team at the end of each season until the final qualification season (Season 4 is finished) and then the 4 clubs with the highest amount of points qualify. Performance in the league alone may not ensure you a qualification spot as there are points for the cup and shield as well. 2 points for semi-finalists of cup and shield, 4 points for finalists and 8 points for winners. This is how the cup and shield looked like this season.

Cup

Semi Finalists: Cotonsport, Club Africain, Dynamos FC and Petro Atletico

Finalists: Cotonsport and Club Africain

Winner: Cotonsport

This means that Dynamos and Petro Atletico get 2 points each for reaching the semi-final, Club African get 4 for reach the final and my team gets 8 from winning the cup.

Shield

Semi Finalists: El Shorta, Cotonsport, Dynamos FC and Black Leopards

Finalists: Cotonsport and Dynamos FC

Winner: Cotonsport (again ;))

So El Shorta and Black Leopards get 2 points each for reaching the semi-final, Dynamos FC get 4 points for reaching the final and Cotonsport gets 8 points for winning the Shield.

Taking into account these points, this is how the table looks like in terms of points with 2 games to go.

Cotonsport - 45 points

ASEC Mimosas - 37 points

Hearts of Oak/Club Africain - 36 points

CS Constantine - 32 points

So from my perspective as the manager of Cotonsport/Cameroon I have to say I'm delighted that even though we had a pretty bad season in the league our amazing performances in the cup and shield have ensured that no matter what happens in the final two matches we will have the highest points at the end of Season 1

Respuesta: The ICON Games - World News

NEW WORLD SECTOR - LEAGUE TABLE

1.- ROSARIO CENTRAL (Ghora) ----- 41 pts (+15)

2.- TORONTO FC (Geoffrey Kan) ---- 37 pts (+6)

3.- LA PAZ FC (Yamil Mc) ---------- 34 pts (+12)

4.- CERRO LARGO (Ryan Gallagher)---34 pts (+11)

5.- TIGRES (Kris Iankov) ------------31 pts (+8)

6.- CORINTHIANS (Gorbash) ---------30 pts (+5)

ARGENTINA QUALIFY !!

Argentina are now assured of a place in the ICON finals after their 1-0 victory over Colombia.

New World sector follows the winner-takes-all automatic qualification system where the league winners are guaranteed to reach the finals.

Delighted with this. :D Glad we could stave off the challenges from CANADA(Geoffrey) and Bolivia(Yamil).

This is how the table looks like with one gameday remaining :

1 ROSARIO CENTRAL(Argentina) © 21 - 44

2 Toronto FC(CANADA-Geoffrey) 21 - 38

3 La Paz FC(Bolivia-Yamil) 21 - 35

ARGENTINA QUALIFY !!

Argentina are now assured of a place in the ICON finals after their 1-0 victory over Colombia.

New World sector follows the winner-takes-all automatic qualification system where the league winners are guaranteed to reach the finals.

Delighted with this. :D Glad we could stave off the challenges from USA(Geoffrey) and Bolivia(Yamil).

This is how the table looks like with one gameday remaining :

1 ROSARIO CENTRAL(Argentina) © 21 - 44

2 Toronto FC(USA-Geoffrey) 21 - 38

3 La Paz FC(Bolivia-Yamil) 21 - 35

I'm Canada LOL!

africanicon.png

League :

dePPuQo.png

LEAGUE POINTS

Each team will accumulate their actual points totals from each season. They will carry those points over and for the points structure all points totals from all 4 Seasons will be added together to give each team a League Points total.

Cup :

Semifinalist (2 points each) : Petro Atlético and Dynamos FC

Runners up (4 points) : Club Africain

Cup winner (8 points) : Cotonsport

Shield :

Semifinalist (2 points each) : EL SHORTA and Black Leopards

Runners up (4 points) : Dynamos FC

Shield winner (8 points) : Cotonsport

Final accumulation board :

Cameroon- 48

Ivory Coast- 40

Tunisia- 39

Ghana- 39

Algeria- 38

Zimbabwe- 35

Egypt- 32

Israel- 30

Angola- 29

South Africa- 25

Morocco- 24

Nigeria- 19

Sporting CP have won the Southern European ICON !

In the last league game Sporting played Slovan Bratislava and we only managed a 2-2 draw. After that, I was sure that SK Austria have won the league, but after seen the division table I was shocked as Austria managed to lose to KF Partizani 2-1. So that meant that Sporting CP and SK Austria were level on points, but luckily mine goal difference was better by 1 goal.

MY TOP SCORER WAS BEBE, believe it or not, with 12 goals.

I'm delighted that I managed to steer my Sporting to ICON final, witch fill be absolutely amazing. Now I can sit back and relax in the next 3 seasons.

In other news:

A week ago I bought Pedro Santos who was 80 but today he rose to 83, now I have to wait to sell him. :(

It would be really interesting to know how big other teams squad value is !

Mine is 80.1 Mil + some cash too. I just get so much money all the time, so it was easy for me to buy a good squad to play with.

Good luck to others, who didn't make it this season, better luck next time ! :)

northerneuropeanicon.png

The first qualifying rounds all over the world have ended, from sector to sector there have been winners and losers with some even already qualifying for the prestigious tournament that is the ICON Games. In Northern Europe though we won't know who qualifies right until the very end, but with the end of the first round we do know which countries are currently leading the race.

1. Poland - 41
  2. Denmark - 40
  3. France - 37
  4. The Netherlands - 34
  5. Belgium - 31
  6. England - 29
  7. Ireland - 29
  8. Germany - 28
  9. Ukraine* - 26
  10. Sweden - 23
  11. Norway* - 17
  12. Czech Republic - 13

Add the cup results and the points teams have gained for it and the table for overall qualification looks like this:

1. Poland - 18
  2. England - 17
  3. Denmark - 15
  4. France - 14
  5. Germany - 13
  6. The Netherlands - 9
  7. Belgium - 8
  8. Ireland / Ukraine* - 6
  9. Sweden - 3
  10. Norway* - 4
  11. Czech Republic - 1

*Currently unmanaged team

AUSTRALASIAN ICON GAMES

End of Season Report

Australia and Japan were on top by mid season, but Russia and Turkey catch up to them by the second half of the season. Australia dropped in form but Japan remained in the competition. The battle went on till the last match of the season where any of Turkey, Japan, or Russia could have won it. At the end Russia were victorious.

Russia and Japan scored the most goals with 43 and 42 goals each, which is slightly less than 2 goals per game. Turkey conceded the least amount of goals with only 18 goals in 22 games.

Japan maintained the highest attendance by far with an average of more than 22,000 per game. Second highest was Russia with average of 16,000 per game. While Iraq, India, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia have the least average attendance with average of 4,500 per game only.

Biggest wins of the season were a 6-0 win for South Korea over Thailand and a 7-1 win for Australia over India. The highest scoring game was a 5-3 win for China over India.

Top scorer is from Saudi Arabia with 19 goals from 19 games, while the top assist man is from Australia with 14 assists in 20 games. Highest rated player is from Japan with average rating of 7.82 from 22 games, while the holder of most man of the match awards is from China and has 5 MoMs in 16 games.

Final Table for Season 1

Team (Manager) - Points (Goal Difference)

1 Russia (IanoLudz) ................... 41 (15)

2 Turkey (King Leo) ................... 39 (16)

3 Japan (King Roo) .................... 39 (13)

4 Australia (unmanaged) ............ 36 (8)

5 Iraq (slbquista) ...................... 32 (-3)

6 China (steauaseka) ................ 30 (3)

7 Saudi Arabia (LethalYid) .......... 28 (8)

8 Thailand (Taylor8) ................... 28 (-11)

9 South Korea (unmanaged) ....... 27 (0)

10 Iran (unmanaged) ................. 25 (-5)

11 Indonesia (Gozzy) ................. 22 (-12)

12 India (Venkrontrueblue11) ....... 13 (-32)

Reminder:

There are 3 empty spots for new managers in the Australasian Sector for anyone interested.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Out of curiousity, how active is the forum in other sectors.

It is dead in the Southern sector, makes the gameworld so boring. People not even posting results anymore.

Two managers also left recently, Steaua Bucureşti and KF Partizani.

If theres a sectore thats active and has a spot free id like to leave Southern and join a more active one. If not I dont see the point in staying.

Out of curiousity' date=' how active is the forum in other sectors.

It is dead in the Southern sector, makes the gameworld so boring. People not even posting results anymore.

Two managers also left recently, Steaua Bucureşti and KF Partizani.

If theres a sectore thats active and has a spot free id like to leave Southern and join a more active one. If not I dont see the point in staying.[/quote']

Australasian sector is pretty much dead too. There isn't even one person to keep the thread alive and i find the GW pretty boring too after you loss first few games. I think that's what happen to most of us in other sectors. You bored,feel no chance to qualify and just abandon your team.

Northern Europe's got just two open spots, the thread is pretty much dead yes but then again you're in it for the long run and should've thought about it before joining. Tbh I don't mind the thread not being that active, not that interesting at the moment considering its qualifiers and only one season has been played so there's barely anything to say about who will or won't qualify (at least according to the way you qualify in our sector).

As long as things don't go wild all over and managers disappear everywhere I'm definately sticking around, maybe just not super active.

Maybe its an idea to try 'n keep this one active at least, with a bit of banter and maybe a few match reports from those interested?

Northern Europe's got just two open spots' date=' the thread is pretty much dead yes but then again you're in it for the long run and should've thought about it before joining. Tbh I don't mind the thread not being that active, not that interesting at the moment considering its qualifiers and only one season has been played so there's barely anything to say about who will or won't qualify (at least according to the way you qualify in our sector).

As long as things don't go wild all over and managers disappear everywhere I'm definately sticking around, maybe just not super active.

Maybe its an idea to [b']try 'n keep this one active[/b] at least, with a bit of banter and maybe a few match reports from those interested?

Yeah i think let's just stick to this thread from now,rather than separate into your own sector of thread. Just posting result without MR will do