WORLD ICON - The ICON Games Finals

Gorbash

Re: The ICON Games - World News

I've stuck with this concept for the duration of qualifying - but sadly I'm not up to another full season that ends in mid summer.

A good idea - but we couldnt have foreseen the effect of no player improvement or meaningful transfer activity.

I'd be willing to try Connect World if others are up for it - otherwise, with regret, I think I'll cash in my chips and recover an empty slot

I've stuck with this concept for the duration of qualifying - but sadly I'm not up to another full season that ends in mid summer.

A good idea - but we couldnt have foreseen the effect of no player improvement or meaningful transfer activity.

I'd be willing to try Connect World if others are up for it - otherwise' date=' with regret, I think I'll cash in my chips and recover an empty slot[/quote']

Good riddance then, enjoy your empty slot.

So far the format is planned to stick with what was originally scheduled out from the beginning. You can join the rest of the quitters and be someone that let the rest of us down. Do have a wonderful evening.

I'd be willing to try Connect World if others are up for it - otherwise' date=' with regret, I think I'll cash in my chips and recover an empty slot[/quote']

The next season doesn't end mid summer? It takes three full months so if it starts January 1st at last (which it won't, it should start earlier) the fourth season will end in April?

I say if it is not broken then don't fix it. Everyone was aware of the format, the length of time the set up would take the squad cap and ratings etc. Keep things as they are mate, if people have quit because they just could not grasp that idea (as it clearly seems many haven't) then I say good riddance to them.

It was unfortunately inevitable some were going to quit early on, however for people to quit at the back end of the recently finished season or to consider quitting now after showing the commitment that they have then I say do us all a favour and quit, quite pathetic to go this far and not follow it through.

I'll hang around at my Saudi team for sure, we've gone to far now to quit!

It's a shame that most of us will qualify for the finals by default due to a lack of numbers in this setup. Sadly it takes away from a lot of managers who would have qualified anyway, even if the setup was full.

That being said - bring on Season 4!

I say if it is not broken then don't fix it. Everyone was aware of the format' date=' the length of time the set up would take the squad cap and ratings etc. Keep things as they are mate, if people have quit because they just could not grasp that idea (as it clearly seems many haven't) then I say good riddance to them.

It was unfortunately inevitable some were going to quit early on, however for people to quit at the back end of the recently finished season or to consider quitting now after showing the commitment that they have then I say do us all a favour and quit, quite pathetic to go this far and not follow it through.[/font']

I was equally disappointed when the numbers dropped - but not entirely surprised.

I think it's easy to understand how managers got frustrated with the relative lack of variety that the GW concept offered.

After all, if you going to invest time in a game you want to enjoy it - so I don't take resignations personally - we've all done it.

The idea of fighting on equal terms was very attractive - but the match engine was fairly random in the results it produced. There was no real feeling that you had outwitted your opponent. I logged in to make sure my starting Xi was at 100 % at that attention to fitness levels won more than it lost. It wad a coin toss which formation would prevail

The ambition to try this was great - and I think it could be tried again using connect worlds in some way.

The main interest I have in season 4 in to face new opponents. Hope we start soon.

Do we now resign from our local Icon leagues? I'm not clear what's happening and how we migrate to the new GW for the finals.

I'll hang around at my Saudi team for sure' date=' we've gone to far now to quit!

It's a shame that most of us will qualify for the finals by default due to a lack of numbers in this setup. Sadly it takes away from a lot of managers who would have qualified anyway, even if the setup was full.

That being said - bring on Season 4![/quote']

You are still in Asian sector? I really didn't pay much attention to ICON these days!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A 2-1 win against Denmark means the Netherlands end the final qualifying season as champions while also winning the charity shield and the regular shield. Just to be sure we will definitely qualify :o

Ricky van den Bergh ends his fourth season as top scorer for three consecutive seasons (he was not part of the Dutch team in the first season) and with 46 goals in 60 matches he'll be one to watch when we get to the knock-out stages!

I just did a search around the ICON GW Sectors.

Here are the results of what teams still have managers

African ICON

Cameroon - Hancock

Nigeria - Matt72 (jkerrs)

Australasian ICON

Indonesia - Gozzy

Saudi Arabia - LethalYid

New World ICON

Argentina - Ghora

Brazil - Gorbash

Chile - sonofpluto

United States - Duncan

Uruguay - ryangal1982

Northern European ICON

Germany - Noisy

Holland - BroodRoosterNL

Southern European ICON

No one

Good showing

The GW itself does not even exist anymore!

The original plan was to have four qualifiers from each Sector competing in the Final. This made a Division of twenty Nations in a one-season Finals GW where the winner takes all.

As we only have eleven Nations that have actually seen it through, regardless of their Sector, I am overruling the rules and putting all eleven of you through to the World ICON Finals Division!

Your commitment to actually see the challenge through is to be rewarded with the chance to compete for the overall winner. Thank you and well done to the eleven of you.

Obviously there is little point in running a twenty team Finals as first planned. With eleven Nations being confirmed I will add one more to bring it to a round 12 and we will have a 12-team one-season Finals GW where we can all have a crack at winning it.

I will be in the process of deciding rules for it. The ratings cap may be lifted to above 80, though with Saudi Arabia and Indonesia's inclusion in the Final 12 I doubt it will get much higher if any. I still want ALL finalists to have a level crack at being able to win this.

The twelfth team will be - Portugal.

A couple of reasons for this.

1. Gusma (Gaspar Senka) was the first qualifier from the Southern European Sector with Portugal. He had to step down as manager at the end of August 2013 due to a mandatory military draft they do in Estonia where he is from. I see this as probably the best reason that anyone who left actually did leave and he really had no choice whatsoever.
  2. We have to have a least one team from the Southern European sector, to have a true 'World' showing in the 'World ICON' Finals.

Portugal however will remain managerless for this GW and are only included in tribute to the job Gusma did in getting them there.

I (or someone I choose) will go in only to populate the Portuguese team within the rules and depart before Turn 1.

World ICON will be created and played out in the next few weeks while I put it all together.

If anyone has any questions or comments, leave them here OR PM me and I will get back to you in due course.

Thank you to you all and good luck for the World ICON Finals.

Such a shame to be honest this concept never works to its potential. I thought people really get easily bored these days when they can't do transfer anymore and they thought they can't win.

It's nice to see i'm in the Final Round. It'll be more intense as it'll be one season only

Such a shame to be honest this concept never works to its potential. I thought people really get easily bored these days when they can't do transfer anymore and they thought they can't win.

It's nice to see i'm in the Final Round. It'll be more intense as it'll be one season only

If it doesn't nothing will.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: WORLD ICON - The ICON Games Finals

worldiconqualified.png

ARGENTINA

argentinabanner.png

NEW WORLD ICON

Rosario Central

Manager : Ghora

BRAZIL

brazilbanner.png

NEW WORLD ICON

Corinthians

Manager : Gorbash

CAMEROON

cameroonbanner.png

AFRICAN ICON

Cotonsport

Manager : Hancock

CHILE

chilebanner.png

NEW WORLD ICON

Colo Colo

Manager : sonofpluto

GERMANY

germanybanner.png

NORTHERN EUROPEAN ICON

Werder Bremen

Manager : Noisy

HOLLAND

hollandbanner.png

NORTHERN EUROPEAN ICON

PSV

Manager : BroodRoosterNL

INDONESIA

indonesiabanner.png

AUSTRALASIAN ICON

Mitra Kukar

Manager : Gozzy

NIGERIA

nigeriabanner.png

AFRICAN ICON

Enyimba

Manager : Matt72

PORTUGAL

portugalbanner.png

SOUTHERN EUROPEAN ICON

Sporting CP

IN HONOR OF Gusma

SAUDI ARABIA

saudiarabiabanner.png

AUSTRALASIAN ICON

Al Wehda

Manager : LethalYid

UNITED STATES

usabanner.png

NEW WORLD ICON

Seattle Sounders

Manager : Duncan

URUGUAY

uruguaybanner.png

NEW WORLD ICON

Cerro Largo

Manager : ryangal1982

The ICON Games Finals - World ICON will be created within the next week.

Please use this thread for all matters relating to the ICON Games.

Re: WORLD ICON - The ICON Games Finals

Time to find out who's the best! :D

Not just that if you look at the list of managers I think you will agree you will have crossed paths with most of them' date=' and all of them are very good managers in my experience so it has actually turned out well.[/font']