John Lundstram - Everton

-JMH-

john-lundstram-2-640110-668645_478x359.jpg

(Photo from Doncaster Rovers site unveiling his loan capture!)

Full name: John LUNDSTRAM

Date of birth: 18.02.1994

Place of birth: Liverpool

Height: 1.81 (5' 11")

Rating: 81

John Lundstram is a product of the Everton youth academy, having been given a pro contract in the summer of 2011.

He one of Everton & Englands brightest young midfielders...(captain of Everton EDS side & England U19 captain)

It is very likely him & fellow Toffee hot prospect Ross Barkley will be involved in the Everton first team squad next season, mainly as squad players and slowly blooded into the first XI.........& reading a few Everton boards, some are whispering he is the better of the pair....

During late February 2013 he joined Doncaster Rovers on a short term loan deal & subsequently went straight into the Doncaster first team on his loan deal (they were top of League 1 at this moment in time) Here are a few comments from Doncaster fans after his performances the other night (they won 3-0 today as well, Lundstram played 90mins...)

Sounded like a really class act tonight.
Well, it sounds from tonight we've acquired a corker. Everyone on all channels were singing his praises for running the midfield like that at such a young age.
He was class tonight. Ran the show 2nd half, his range of passing is world class. He's going on to big things in the not too distant future, I guarantee.
I listened on Radio Sheffield, on they were dribbling, they (MW and the Radio Sheffield guy) said pass of the season at one point and couldn't believe how he did it.
You can see why he is the England captain for his age

Always wanting the ball and looking for the pass

Class act

Some of his passing was out of this world, purely world class stuff that nobody else in the squad can do, diagonal balls from halfway, cross field balls, through passes down the middle. No flipping way will he be in L1 next season, even at this early stage in his career his technique is unreal.

I asked a fellow forumer & big Everton fan AdaM EFC for his opinions..

I feel he is going under the radar due to all the hype around Barkley at Everton. His style has been likened to Steven Gerrard as he has a good shot on him, not scared to throw a tackle and has a good range of passing. He must also have some decent leadership abilities as he has captained the U19's a few times. I have watched him a few times and he has impressed me every time, looks like he has the ability to make it as a Premier League player, hopefully I will get to see him and Barkley together in midfielder for Everton in the future.

Oh and a random fact about him, his sister, Jodie is kind of famous as she appeared in E4 reality show Desperate Scousewives.

thanks Adam! & great factoid for all you TV fans out there!

John Lundstram - watch this space!

Re: John Lundstram - Everton

nice post' date=' I was unsure about whether to go for him but you have forced my hand! :P[/quote']

well i saw some pretty daft posts about him on that other thread so something needed to be done...not sure how much people look into these 'new players' before commenting on them sometimes...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...