Olano Xabi ALONSO! - Overrated!

reddevilfrvr

Olano Xabi ALONSO! - Overrated!  

1. 1.

• Stay at 95
    • down to 91/92

Re: Olano Xabi ALONSO! - Overrated!

I dunno but i think this player is way overrated at 95...

YOur views??

Why do you think he's overrated? Explain what you think he does (or in this case doesn't do) that makes him unworthy of his current rating. You need to explain a statement like that.

Also, for the poll, it might've been better to put more options for people to select, rather than just his current rating and what you think he should be rated. That way, more people are likely to input on the discussion, and vote on the poll.

Personally, I believe that when he is playing at full fitness he is world class and well worthy of his rating. His passing ability is second-to-none (eg. 90-yard lofted pass to Cisse last season/season before), and that's due to his vision and awareness. For me, he's a mixture between Xavi and Michael Carrick, so I don't believe he is overrated.

I dunno but i think this player is way overrated at 95...

YOur views??

I assume by your forum name that your not an avid Liverpool fan ? :D;)

Xabi Alonso for me is one of Liverpool's most influential players. This is a team that has reached two CL finals in three seasons.

Alonso has scored twice from his own half (Luton, Newcastle), which i think shows his unique vision.

His passing range (as Milzy pointed out) is also world class and he is also a full international.

The only downside maybe, would be from last season that he didn't start every game, ie CL semi-final against Chelsea at Anfield he was subsitute.

But you have to consider the array of talent in Liverpool's arsenal.

Alonso is currently the same rating as Michael Ballack and i know who i would rather have in my team. :) :)

He is over-rated,but 91-92 a bit harsh,he for my money was very poor last season overall,I think a rating of 93,other players like Fabregas,Essien,Scholes who are rated below or the same are better players,he doesn't score enough goals,he's a dodgy tackler,he can of course pass the ball etc,but at 95,nearly as good as Pirlo?? Not even close...

Well I'm a Chelsea fan and Ballack should be 92-93.. Mikel 87/Alonso 95? hmm...

Guest ManUtd

He is over-rated' date='but 91-92 a bit harsh,he for my money was very poor last season overall,I think a rating of 93,other players like Fabregas,Essien,Scholes who are rated below or the same are better players,he doesn't score enough goals,he's a dodgy tackler,he can of course pass the ball etc,but at 95,nearly as good as Pirlo?? Not even close...

Well I'm a Chelsea fan and Ballack should be 92-93.. Mikel 87/Alonso 95? hmm...[/quote']

if ure a chelski fan then who's badge is on your avatar.

Before mascherano joined liverpool, i would have disagreed with this post. But since then, I think Alonso has been found out. Mascherano is by far the most accomplished defensive midfielder at liverpool, and once he gets in the team I think Alonso will struggle to get games.

I'm not saying hes a bad player, but I must agree he's not the same player as when liverpool bought him and mascherano has highlighted his inabilities quite remarkably.

So to finish, I would suggest that Alonso should well be dropped to about a 94, but Mascherano should go up, to a 93 I think for now, and then reviewed again in 6-9 months, when he may possibly go higher.

I assume by your forum name that your not an avid Liverpool fan ? :D;)

Xabi Alonso for me is one of Liverpool's most influential players. This is a team that has reached two CL finals in three seasons.

Alonso has scored twice from his own half (Luton' date=' Newcastle), which i think shows his unique vision.

His passing range (as Milzy pointed out) is also world class and he is also a full international.

The only downside maybe, would be from last season that he didn't start every game, ie CL semi-final against Chelsea at Anfield he was subsitute.

But you have to consider the array of talent in Liverpool's arsenal.

Alonso is currently the same rating as Michael Ballack and i know who i would rather have in my team. :)[/quote']

True, not a liverpool fan at all :D ... but still, I'll give you the reasons why I think Alonso is overrated: :rolleyes:

1. You mentioned he scored two goals from his own half.. yeah right... One of them with no keeper AT all (Luton) and the other with the keeper sumbling to the floor (newcastle)...:rolleyes: I am not saying that he hadn't the accuracy, but i'spose most if the other players would have converted those two goals...

2. He is, as mentioned here as well, constantly being outperformed by Mascherano... (playing mostly as a DM as well)

3. And those 2 CL's seem way forgotten to date... ( it's been quite a while since we have seen some heroism from this lad)

4. His rating (95) is relatively high compared to that of other players who are (at least as I see it) good as much, if not more, as him... E.G. -> Rosicky, Simao, Ribery, Van Der Vaart., Joe Cole, Klose Kuijt, V Persie ....

P.S. - There is no matching any half way line goal from this lad, to the goal That beckham scored againdst wimbledon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoiEQQC8Nmk

Bleh all you guys who dont like him. I love the GOOD PEOPLE who think he should stay a 95.

MoM against Sunderland for sure. Fabulous passer and shooter. Can you say the same about Mascherano? No. Sissoko? No.

They are DEFENSIVE midfielders, Xabi is the Pirlo of the EPL. Mascherano is the Gattuso of the EPL ( only less rugged and cool ). Alonso is a deep lying playmaker.

Definitely one of the top 10 CMs in the world. If Gerrard is a first team regular and plays regularly for England, and Xabi is nearly always present and a Spain regular, why should he be more than 2 notches below Stevie?

95 is spot on.

Bleh all you guys who dont like him. I love the GOOD PEOPLE who think he should stay a 95.

MoM against Sunderland for sure. Fabulous passer and shooter. Can you say the same about Mascherano? No. Sissoko? No.

They are DEFENSIVE midfielders' date=' Xabi is the Pirlo of the EPL. Mascherano is the Gattuso of the EPL ( only less rugged and cool ). Alonso is a deep lying playmaker.

Definitely one of the top 10 CMs in the world. If Gerrard is a first team regular and plays regularly for England, and Xabi is nearly always present and a Spain regular, why should he be more than 2 notches below Stevie?

95 is spot on.[/quote']

Great midfielder but Sunderland? Whens the last time he had a commanding game like that vs a decent side? When they played Chelsea in the semis last year, he was benched, cant base him on a game like Saturdays, definitely not.

SM ratings are meant to be based on form' date=' when Alonso first joined Liverpool he was outstanding and well worthy of a 95 but his form has dipped over the last 18 months. A drop of 1 point to 94 would be reasonable IMO, but the guy is still a top top player so 91/92 is ridiculous.....[/quote']

t'is true...

a 94 would be spot on. Last 12 months his form has been very distant of the high standards he set in his first 2 seasons at liverpool. Still a very cultured midfielder though.

If u think about the spainsih midfield i think xavi and alonso are a tad over rated maybe xavi 95 and alonso 94 i would of thought fabregas would deserve to be 95 i think , seems fair i think fabregas although a very mature hes matured yet more and not even 20 y'o sure is one of the youngest best

Cm , i would put him as Dm/Cm/Am

Ok... I know it was a bit harsh when i made just 91/92 available.. therefore also keep posting your ratings (as u're doing):D .... A quick look at your replies gives the idea that 94 is the preferred raiting for this player.. Well what can I Say??:confused: .. always the better if it's Still less THAN 95 !!lol :rolleyes::D

As some people have already said Xabi Alonso is highly influential for Liverpool,He controls there midfield equally or more than Gerrard,I agree with Nav he has under performed recently and for International does he even play for Spain?

Last time i checked Fabregas took his place didn't he? If not please someone correct me :)

But its 94 for me.

Guest lil wayne

yeh danny alonso didnt play for spain i dont hink alonso will play in the furture that much as fabregas is looking brill and with xavi you have to play him and they aswell got inesta so its going to be hard alonso is for sure not an 95 but 94

Last time i checked he was...i watch la-liga at every oppurtunity on sky sports and i cant remember throughout all of last season andres iniesta making himself known to me' date='if he was playing he certainly didnt stand out:D[/quote']

So your against Iniesta's rating?

If so i agree...Yes he plays for Barca but not enough for a 94 rating.

If Fabregas doesn't increase to 94 in the English changes this week,

1,I will be very shocked

2,He will still be less rated than bench warmer Iniesta

He should be 93 max until he actually plays in the first team for Barca.

So your against Iniesta's rating?

If so i agree...Yes he plays for Barca but not enough for a 94 rating.

If Fabregas doesn't increase to 94 in the English changes this week' date='

1,I will be very shocked

2,He will still be less rated than bench warmer Iniesta

He should be 93 max until he actually plays in the first team for Barca.[/quote']

I know mate! I honestly do not understand at all how iniesta has kept this rating or even got it in the first place,fabregas is not only a regular first team gunner but hes a regular performer and regular contender for the MOTM award,i too would be surprised if he didnt rise and i wouldnt be amzingly shocked if he got bumped up to a 95,i can see how some would argue against that just as we are iniesta but i belive he is a solid 94 rated player....with alot more to come !!