New Layout to My Home, Friends News Feed, Player Profile and Tactics

New Layout to My Home, Friends News Feed, Player Profile and Tactics  

1. 1.

• x
    • x

Re: Sign the petition!! Those who are against SM continuing to ruin the game!

Why as someone who has played the game for years need semi tutorials every single time i go on a new page.. it's too much unnecessary reading, players weights have have absolutly no impact on the game & i anticipate that they will also introduce all the other player atributes that have no effect onto the base aswell in the near future.. they are adding visuals before they need to/ or will ever need on the game for absolutly no other reason than making it look better (too much un-needed info)

They are simply re posisitioning what already existed, making new pages that are not needed & making it more time consuming to do the basics, instead of working on tick boxes etc etc to make the game more user friendly they have continued to implement features in a way that requires the managers to spent more time doing everything..

Alll that has been done from were i stand is add the ammount of minimum time everyone must play the game for, perhaps there's some reason for this

it's not even the changes that is my gripe, it's the changes that have no been introduced to make it easier for us to play the game..

too much is not good, i was a fan of champ-manager, when it became football manager i hated it and havn't played the series in over a decade :eek: it doesn't matter how good your product is, too much is too much

Hi all,

Thanks for those who have posted their feedback on today's tweaks, especially the constructive stuff :)

Some further amendments have been made since it went live and, yes, they have been in line with some of the feedback we have see here on the forum. It shouldn't be a surprise though, we do listen to what is posted on here, and very often use it as the starting point for future developments hence the updates seen in the last hour or so.

We'll continue to review your comments on here and as has always been the case, a well thought out, constructive idea will stand a good chance of making it's way into consideration for future direction of the game.

Thanks

Eric

Hi all' date='

Thanks for those who have posted their feedback on today's tweaks, especially the constructive stuff :)

Some further amendments have been made since it went live and, yes, they have been in line with some of the feedback we have see here on the forum. It shouldn't be a surprise though, we do listen to what is posted on here, and very often use it as the starting point for future developments hence the updates seen in the last hour or so.

We'll continue to review your comments on here and as has always been the case, a well thought out, constructive idea will stand a good chance of making it's way into consideration for future direction of the game.

Thanks

Eric[/quote']

Thanks Eric - keep up the good work. I think most of us understand that you and the other devs are trying to do the right thing and improve the game. As long as you continue to listen to and act on our feedback, that's good enough for me.

Thank you Eric, it does come as a surprise that SM are listening, as concerns about the lack of speed of player reviews and more recently the match engine do not seem to get replies. I hope the action taken on this issue is a sign of better things to come on SM's part

the issue of the newsfeed stream going to default everytime you log out of a game world seems to of been changed aswell, as before if you went from one to the other by going to your homepage inbetween gameworlds it would go automatically back to the feed, now it is sticking on whichever you leave it on, which is nice however i still don't see the need for it too be on the right handside of the screen when the rest is taken up by virtually nothing

but i do appreciate at least the "sticking" element that has been changed.

Pop my name down too.

The home page is awful now. The layout is terrible the first thing you should see is clubs. If SM want there to be a news feed they should create a separate tab for it on the home page by home/profile etc as this isn't a social media platform. It's a online management game

The World's Best FREE Online Soccer Manager Game
according to SM's homepage and well it's becoming less about management and more about what your friends are doing.

The layout of the player profiles as well looks a bit off too. Not liking the player fact file layout at all looks too clumped together for my liking preferred the previous layout. The only positive about those profiles is the history tab where the graph is a nice little feature. I'm not too fussed about them moving the transfer history into the transfer tab however I'd prefer it to be back in the player history tab.

The new addition of weight and height of players would be great if it had any relevance whatsoever to the game. But as the match engine is still incredibly basic and flawed height and weight makes no difference.

Really it's just disappointing to see SM change things that aren't necessary all these aesthetic changes are just making it less enjoyable and harder to navigate and you have to ask well why?

The only reason I can come up with is that SM are trying to create a community based game but in doing this they are just distancing themselves from their original cliental. Most of us on the forums have been playing the game for a long time and I fail to see how ignoring our comments and suggestions will help create a good community based game. If they want to improve then they need to take feedback and use it. Not change for the sake of change.

Of course a lot of these changes have been made to create more income and you can understand that as a business they need to make more money and any improvement they make to the game needs to be funded somehow. The problem is that what they are doing to the game at the moment is an unnecessary waste of their own time and resources. How many people have been crying out to see the weight and height of a player over an improved match engine? None.

Really SM needs to do itself a favor and just invest in areas that need improving instead of changing things that are easy to do like layout.

Just seen the response.

Hi all,

Thanks for those who have posted their feedback on today's tweaks, especially the constructive stuff

Thanks

Eric

Hi all' date='

Thanks

Eric[/quote']

Hello Eric, good to see one of the red's coming down and speaking with us for once!

Whilst you've adressed some of the concerns voiced within this thread and changed a few aspects of the new layour, you've still not replied as to why this new graphical layout was put in place from the start.

Surely you could've find a way to upgrade the already existing news feed and then implement it to the previous graphical layour who a majority of us do think we're the better one to have rather then the one we currently have.

As for a last query, when will SM and the development team tackle the real flaws and problems of the game rather then puttin more and more makeup on it?

/Elo

Hi all' date='

Thanks

Eric[/quote']

Hi Eric,

Thanks for responding.

A suggestion here.

Why not simply take the news feed and pop it in a separate tab next to home/profile/my game worlds etc?

That way you keep the feature, it's easy to find and more accessible (which I believe was the original intention for the change in layout) and those that don't want it clogging up their home page can just see the clubs right away like the previous layout. At the end of the day this is a management game it should be about the clubs first.

I hope you as a developer realise we do like this game and we do appreciate the effort you and your team puts into making this game and providing what is for many a free service.

The reason however there has recently been more criticism and despondence is because what we want to see is improvements to the gameplay not layout. The constant shifts of layout make it hard for any user to become familiar with the website which makes it more frustrating and time consuming to use.

More then anything I know that an improved match engine which is a little more realistic and not down to luck would be very well received by the community, features like a 3D pitch, more realistic goal scorers and MOTM's, more realistic ratings and results would be much appreciated as on many occasions you'll see GK's get 10's and 9's after conceding 5+ goals or strikers like Ronaldo or Messi who end up averaging 5.00 for a season?

Finally an addition I know that would be greatly appreciated is a bit more interaction with the community. Obviously it would be impractical for Dev's to be chatting 24/7 with us on the forum however a few more responses in threads like this for example would be greatly appreciated as it makes people feel as if we have an input into the game and when we see those positive changes happening it makes the experience even better.

Thank you for your time and I hope some of this is taken on board.

Good luck with future developments :)

The new layout is impractical it takes more clicks to do stuff and is not user friendly in the slightest, burying things away and making the basics of the game harder to do is not going to help any.

Was any of this even play tested? Ever? Who thought it would be a good thing to implement?

The player pop up is now largely redundant, with skills and position buried in a load of meaningless stats, whilst the meaningless stats that were nicely hidden before now make the majority of the pop up, rendering it next to useless.

So that's two of the major starting points of the game that have been messed up. It's harder to view the important things and get the information required, making scouting ridiculous.

Re: Player Profile & My Home changes

It really aint that bad....

Nobody wants the news feed on the home page and I find it a complete irrelevence but once you click on clubs, then press the home bome button all your clubs are displayed, you only need to click on it once....

Hardly the most energetic or painstaking thing in the world is it.

Anything that removes a link to Soccerwiki has to be a plus, less advertising that car crash of a site which has completely ruined player ratings as it is decided by a bunch of kids has to be a positive.

Honestly I have never seen so many hormonal women in the same place.

The changes really are not that bad' date=' it is a simple click onto clubs and then everytime you hit the home button after that your clubs are displayed no different than usual.

I dont like the News Feed I agree but it is easy to get rid of, I think SM are opening themselves up to idiots though posting foul language etc on there which nobody needs especially with the amount of kids who play the game.

No need for height, weight either but the childish reaction of some is way OTT. it is an online game nobody has stolen your I-Pad, caused you physical harm or commited some hideous crime on you.

Bit of advice, stop whining make any comments constructive or else just stay quiet. The amount of guff I have had to read is more off-putting for anybody who uses the game or the forum than any of these changes.

Having said all that I wish they would do something which are actually constructive and add to the gameplay such as stop unmanaged loans and introduce a squad cap rather than pandering to the whiners and moaners who want massive squads and want the game to be easier than it ever has been.[/quote']

Just before you get people whining at you, originally it didn't default to the club menu, hence the hate.

Re: These new layout changes are horrible

I concur, and in the interest of clarity I'll try to go a little more in depth:

Once again some of the 'improvements' are justified by social interactions. I'm fairly certain most of us are here to play a footie game rather than being social.

In general the new layouts do what they can to do away with simplicity, requiring more mouse-work to get to where you want to go or to get the info you're looking for, and the top scorer this time is the player pop-up which actually manages to give me a headache . It now has an added tab (again more mouse-work), new irrelevant info (I don't care that Samba Diakité weighs 64 kg, and I refuse to believe that Lee Wilson weighs 94 kg to his height of 175 cm. That would make him app. 30 kg overweight!), worse displaying of relevant info (Lee Wilson is listed as earning 0K, and I'll have to hit the squad page and change view to actually find out what his wage is), and it automatically reverts back to the 'selection' tab when I change player. That tab is completely useless for any other purpose than setting you team, something you don't do all that often compared to checking transfer options, like is the player transfer banned, and are there others looking at picking him up.

Sorry people, but this isn't an improvement, rather it's a fairly large step backwards.

/Itsme

Re: Home page/club list

Now that they've changed a few things, I'm actually satisfied ... surprisingly enough with the homepage.

Only minor issue I've got now is how the player profile looks ... but other then that I'm happy! Kudos to SM and the Devs for listening to us for once!

This is the fastest growing thread I've seen in SM so far.

Anyway, after the initial shock, things got better with the amends they did to the home page (now it stays on the club list after you choose it) and adding the player's original club under the SM club. One thing I still find annoying is that when on the transfer tab (or any other tab than the first) it used to stay that way when you click through several players. Now it default back to the first tab. The 'landing' tab should be the one you were last viewing.

This is the fastest growing thread I've seen in SM so far.

Anyway' date=' after the initial shock, things got better with the amends they did to the home page (now it stays on the club list after you choose it) and adding the player's original club under the SM club. One thing I still find annoying is that when on the transfer tab (or any other tab than the first) it used to stay that way when you click through several players. Now it default back to the first tab. The 'landing' tab should be the one you were last viewing.[/quote']

That's because they merged 3 threads together

:P

I would like that the real life club that is listed for some players, and should become all players at some point can be clicked on to send me to their real-life full team. It is very useful when you need to scout teams quickly.

And perhaps drop out height and weight to another screen that you need to click several times to view. :)

Although these changes aren't going to make me enjoy the game less I do have to ask why have they done this? Does it make it look neater? No. Does it make it easier to navigate? No. Seems a bit pointless to me. I think SM have got their priorities all wrong