rio31

Anything and Everything on SM Development

This thread will be somewhere where you can come express what you want changed, added, moved, etc, about SM the game, all within the rules of the forum, of course, and to have debates and discussions about them. I feel there is much confusion on where to post your opinion about certain things, so, I would like to start a thread that covers everything about suggestions and improvements, as well as, maybe you have just a question or comment on something, and this is the only Thread you could find. There is a thread for Minor Improvements, which you can find here - http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=67586

but, I don't think you are allowed to talk about certain things on there, like you will be on here.

I want this to be open for anything about the game of SM and hopefully we as forumers and consumers can ultimately help the Devs with this game.

Re: Anything and Everything on SM Development

He was watching and realized that it is not necessary to reduce the price of products but increasing the coins. example at the moment if you will buy the phone you paid 4 real + taxes for 1200 coins then they should increase the amount of coins for 4000 by oh yes that would be fair. what do you think?

I kind of understand, but a bit confused, on what you are trying to say.The price of the product, being coins, is still relevant to each other. I pay this much to get this amount of coins. I'm putting in a lot of money for coins, that I can hold onto, for future things, but I'm still putting in money for them. Now the price I pay to get a new GC club, is a bit bloated, if that is what you were trying to say. I know the demand has gone up for them, but you have to remember, when SM started, GCs were created almost monthly. So, when they came out with a new one, every team was being taken, which caused a demand in its own right. That is something also that SM should go back to, is not making GCs every day. The only reason they do it is for the demand of taking control of a Barcelona or a Real Madrid in a GC, but most managers, who actually play this game, like to build their favorite teams, not just the top teams.

Another Development I'd like to see improved is the Gold Shortlist relevance. I undertand why SM developed this, but If I use it to shortlist my players for all my teams, I'd still like for messages to pop-up on my overview about a team inquiring about that player. I basically have to double up my shortlisting which is tedious. Many managers use shortlisting to keep an eye on players. Why cant Gold Shortlisting be the same?

I've seen a lot of talk on here over the last few days of making tick/check boxes for your squad lists. I think this would be a Fantastic Idea! That would make the game so much more enjoyable to play. I'm all about the usefulness and I think that would be very useful. There could be so much more you could actually accomplish when you have a sit-down to play the game.

A few clicks later, you've Loan Listed players, not 100 clicks for 20-30 players.

One Click for all youth 21 and under, Send to Youth Squad.

One Click, accept loan bids.

Things like that make it more useful and not tedious.

Hello rio31. Many thanks for creating this thread. I will sticky it so that it doesn't get lost as there have already been some good ideas posted. Please feel free to continue to post your ideas and I will pass them on to the development team :)

SM Dev (Vicky) : please try to lower the purchase price by the cellular currency for Brazilians, not all conditions we have to pay more than £ 36 to turn golden leader for 1 year by the cell because it is very expensive and many managers are stopping Brazilian to play for this.

Hello rio31. Many thanks for creating this thread. I will sticky it so that it doesn't get lost as there have already been some good ideas posted. Please feel free to continue to post your ideas and I will pass them on to the development team :)

Thank you Dev (Vicky) for doing this.

I hope that more will see this Thread and can get down some good ideas for the Devs.

I asked this in another Thread. Is there a chance that we can see what the Devs are currently working on. A list per say, of what will be coming out next. Maybe we can help on what should be priorities by voting, taking polls, surveys, etc. I know the Devs have their own ideas on what should be introduced and how, just thought that we could help out. Kind of the main reason I created this Thread, as well as getting some of our ideas out there.

Thanks. :)

I don't understand the need for 2 scroll bars on my Home Page. I understand some managers wont have as many clubs as me, but it's very annoying when I try and scroll down the page and it doubles up the speed and I'm constantly battling the scroll bar that is on the club list. Maybe it's just affecting the computers screens that aren't big enough, which in case, mine is pretty small being a laptop. Anyways, shouldn't there just be one main scroll bar for the internet page, which is the Home Page of SM?

i'm guessing this is the right place to put this.

i'd like to see a bit of development in regards to the formation selections

either the addition of some more variations, or the removal of the arrow system for "runs" and use the same placement system to actually move the starting positions of the players so it creates a more of a free placement approach, but obviously using the boundaries of the initial arrow selection for placement.

also i'd like to see the stats for goalkeepers added, instead of having the same stats as the outfield players(which is kinda pointless)

what i mean is instead of goals scored have goals conceded instead

either the addition of some more variations' date=' or the removal of the arrow system for "runs" and use the same placement system to actually move the starting positions of the players so it creates a more of a free placement approach, but obviously using the boundaries of the initial arrow selection for placement.

also i'd like to see the stats for goalkeepers added, instead of having the same stats as the outfield players(which is kinda pointless)

what i mean is instead of goals scored have goals conceded instead[/font']

Good Ideas! A more free approach to the tactics would be nice, as tactics are what the manager see would be the best fit for their squad that day. Only problem, I see, would be the fact of their positions and relevance to how far you could move them. For instance, if I move the LB a little up the pitch, would this change the position to LM. But I see in your idea that the manager would have to stick within the arrow guidelines, which could prevent most of this. There are a lot of other tactics issues that could be resolved as well. In the end, I feel SM likes simplicity to the game, and adding more things such as Playing Instructions, Playing Styles, etc, could just be an ongoing issue.

The goalkeeper stats is actually something that should be implemented tomorrow, because this is very true. We need to see their goals against, goals against average, clean sheets, etc. Even keep the stats for goals scored, because I'm sure there are some managers who have their goalies take PKs and freekicks. ;)

i'm guessing this is the right place to put this.

either the addition of some more variations' date=' or the removal of the arrow system for "runs" and use the same placement system to actually move the starting positions of the players so it creates a more of a free placement approach, but obviously using the boundaries of the initial arrow selection for placement.

what i mean is instead of goals scored have goals conceded instead

[/font']

When I played championship manager online, his is now closed you could basically put a player anywhere on the pitch, play 1 at he back and the rest up front if you wanted, much better and gave you free reign over what formation you played, love to see this added to sm;)

'Cannot buy players out of this LEAGUE'

l'd like to see this as a new option on custom gameworlds. lf you create an English Championship, German , Spanish or any other league there should be the option which stop managers to buy players from another league. For example, l created an English Championship, managers of this gameworld won't be able to buy Messi,Gotze or Pogba... only player which play on PL. This option would make the gameworld more realistic ;)

what do you think ?

'Cannot buy players out of this LEAGUE'

l'd like to see this as a new option on custom gameworlds. lf you create an English Championship' date=' German , Spanish or any other league there should be the option which stop managers to buy players from another league. For example, l created an English Championship, managers of this gameworld won't be able to buy Messi,Gotze or Pogba... only player which play on PL. This option would make the gameworld more realistic ;)[/quote']

I like this idea, for those types of setups. It is your custom game world, you should be able to do what you want with it, but, these problems for your custom game worlds could be an ongoing issue for SM Devs. Somebody could have a new idea the next day. SM just needs to add a few of these suggestions that have been out there over the years for custom game worlds. Then, they can focus on the next batch of ideas a few years down the line.

I have an idea of being able to only buy youth, aged 21 and under, of the same nationality as your club. Plus, you can buy only 1 play of any other nationality. For example, if I'm Liverpool, I can only buy English youth, and maybe 1 Spaniard, 1 Croatian, 1 German, etc, etc. Once they are over 21, any team can have them, and once they hit the rating of 85 or up, then they can play for any team. This would keep the actual clubs youth system a little bit closer to what it would resemble in real life, and keep the clubs first team resemblance, a little bit closer to what it would look like as well. Most managers hold on to their top youth, so, if the majority of your youth is the same nationality of your club, then the capability of having a handful of those youth make it to your first team will expand.

Well I would say that many of the managers Brazilians use the method of buying coins at SM cell because it is simple and easy but after these new "improvements" that have become much more expensive to buy the cell phone is an example of us having to spend more than 36 £ managing to stay with gold for 1 year. you think that fair? and how they could solve?

Well I would say that many of the managers Brazilians use the method of buying coins at SM cell because it is simple and easy but after these new "improvements" that have become much more expensive to buy the cell phone is an example of us having to spend more than 36 £ managing to stay with gold for 1 year. you think that fair? and how they could solve?

I undertand and hopefully the Devs see this, but I wouldn't know what to suggest to help you out with this. Maybe try to find somewhere where there is internet so you don't have to use it on your cell phone. Would that help you?

I wouldn't think that it is more expensive just for Brazilians.

I'd like to see the addition of showing your club messages, for other clubs, in the drop down tab when you are in a club game world. So, I wouldn't have to go back to the Home Page just to see if I have club messages elsewhere. If I'm already in a game world it would be easier to just see these in that dropdown tab when you are moving club to club, without using the Home Page.

Can't find where this thread fits in. But problem with all galatasaray attendance only get 20,000 but stadium can hold 52,000. Fenerbache getting 50,000 every game????

Can't find where this thread fits in. But problem with all galatasaray attendance only get 20' date='000 but stadium can hold 52,000. Fenerbache getting 50,000 every game????[/quote']

Doesn't matter where it fits in, cause what you wrote fits in here.

What division is Galatasaray in? If they aren't in Division 1, then that's why they aren't getting a full crowd. If they are in Division 1, it depends on how well you have done or are doing at that moment. Hope this helps.

Doesn't matter where it fits in' date=' cause what you wrote fits in here.

What division is Galatasaray in? If they aren't in Division 1, then that's why they aren't getting a full crowd. If they are in Division 1, it depends on how well you have done or are doing at that moment. Hope this helps.[/quote']

Division 1 in the gold world won the league last year and I'm sitting top this year. Looks as tho it's the same in every gold world I have looked!!

Anybody else having issues with searches on the forum -getting a white screen mostly.
Not just that' date=' sometimes I got a white screen too when go to user control panel.[/quote']

Having both problems frequently here as well.

Two slightly unrelated things here, but two things I hope SM read.

Firstly, it is so hard to actually get in direct contact with SM. We seem to have to rely on the forums and hope they look.

Secondly, Gold Gameworlds - They appear and then seconds later, 10 teams have gone.

I know they release them at random times to help everyone, and it's first come first served, but twice now I have refreshed within seconds of the last action on my account and seen a GW. I enter straight away and already the top 10 - 12 teams are gone.

So basically I am paying for gold management for the ability to BUY custom worlds, because I just can nnot get the clubs I want in gold worlds.

AND the prce keeps going up - for EVERYTHING!!

I want changes.