Anything and Everything on SM Development

Re: Anything and Everything on SM Development

Two slightly unrelated things here' date=' but two things I hope SM read.

Firstly, it is so hard to actually get in direct contact with SM. We seem to have to rely on the forums and hope they look.

Secondly, Gold Gameworlds - They appear and then seconds later, 10 teams have gone.

I know they release them at random times to help everyone, and it's first come first served, but twice now I have refreshed within seconds of the last action on my account and seen a GW. I enter straight away and already the top 10 - 12 teams are gone.

So basically I am paying for gold management for the ability to BUY custom worlds, because I just can nnot get the clubs I want in gold worlds.

AND the prce keeps going up - for EVERYTHING!!

I want changes.[/quote']

Reason top teams go is because people pay 16.50 to reserve them and what ever is left is available

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Anything and Everything on SM Development Hello rio31. Many thanks for creating this thread. I will sticky it so that it doesn't get lost as there have already been some good ideas posted. Please

Hello guys,   I have been playing Soccer Manager for 7 years and I always see many managers buy young players under the age of 21, in many game worlds everyone tries to full his U21 squad with

It would be a small update, and to be honest, I can think of dozens of more important things that need sorting! But SM don't read any of this so it's pointless talking about it really. 

You no longer need Gold Management to buy Custom Gameworlds now. You get basically nothing for Gold management now which is why I went free. Since then I have bought Custom Gameworlds.

So... what is the point now for golden management....

SW user settings

Now we know SW has a rep system but so far i don't know what the function of it is. So an idea would be to use that rep system to as a marker where over time the more rep you earn, the more responsible you have with the data you can amend in the future. So at the start you can only upload player pictures or input club history. The more rep you earn for getting stuff right would give the user more power of what he/she can control and summit to SM in the future

It would result with time a trusted network of people on SW who summit data and make it easier for the SW admin, also removing alot of the people who are using SW to get quick fire changes within their team.

As with the current system i do feel just letting anyone just sign up and within a few minutes they can summit a whole list of changes is a bit daft. As that takes time away from admin to deal with managing the volume of data, as they have to filter out the rubbish

Another idea to do as well would be to reward people who are submitting data onto SW. You could use the rep as a marker again but once it hit a set number then that user would get one month gold management, with the rewards getting larger if they put the work in.

Great Ideas...

What about, when you are looking at your squad, there is a dropdown somewhere around the top of the list, that will let you view each other team's squad that is managed in that league.

For instance, it just pops in over your squad list. You can view it, sort it, and possibly be able to click on the players names, so you then could proceed with something else.

SW user settings

Now we know SW has a rep system but so far i don't know what the function of it is. So an idea would be to use that rep system to as a marker where over time the more rep you earn' date=' the more responsible you have with the data you can amend in the future. So at the start you can only upload player pictures or input club history. The more rep you earn for getting stuff right would give the user more power of what he/she can control and summit to SM in the future

It would result with time a trusted network of people on SW who summit data and make it easier for the SW admin, also removing alot of the people who are using SW to get quick fire changes within their team.

As with the current system i do feel just letting anyone just sign up and within a few minutes they can summit a whole list of changes is a bit daft. As that takes time away from admin to deal with managing the volume of data, as they have to filter out the rubbish

Another idea to do as well would be to reward people who are submitting data onto SW. You could use the rep as a marker again but once it hit a set number then that user would get one month gold management, with the rewards getting larger if they put the work in.[/quote']

Fantastic ideas.

First of all' date=' the reputation system has to be fixed. Take a look at this guy's reputation points and edits - [url']http://en.soccerwiki.org/profile.php?cid=27029[/url] and then do the same on my page - http://en.soccerwiki.org/profile.php?cid=3816

Deagle, have your points actually changed at all? do they go up when your edits go through?

you should keep track to see if they are...i mean you do a ton of stuff as i do, but my rep is:

Reputation 52627

:eek:

;2568007']Deagle' date=' have your points actually changed at all? do they go up when your edits go through?

you should keep track to see if they are...i mean you do a ton of stuff as i do, but my rep is:

Reputation 52627

:eek:[/quote']

Yes, the reputation is increasing. But it's like 1 point per edit.

If you aren't fully happy with the game or the service you have got from SM. Then this might be the best course of action.

Sales and Refund Policy

Soccer Manager Ltd offers a full, 100%, no quibbles refund on all SM Shop products that are purchased with the exceptions being to those purchased via pay by mobile (as no refunds will be given by this method of payment) and any Custom Game Worlds that have been created.

If you are not satisfied for any reason with your purchase then create a Shop Ticket to request a full refund within 14 calendar days of purchase.

This refund only applies if you contact us directly, we will refund you the same way that you paid for the product.

Please note that Soccer Manager Ltd will remove from your account any SM Shop product that you have purchased.

Your statutory rights are not affected.

link

http://www.soccermanager.com/help.php?action=reportshopform&type=refund

• 2 weeks later...

Better cheat reporting system and weaker cheat report filter.

The fact is every game world have cheating, no way to block all happening, but the point is... some cheat is really very obvious. The cheat report system filter almost block every report. Keep discourage people for cheat reporting.

Illegal transfer ok, still not difficult to report, but why ONLY ALLOW one report from one manager for one illegal transfer? sometime manager A don't have illegal evidence doesn't mean the deal is legal, maybe manager B can give a better report that more convincing?

Multiple accounts, this is the most difficult and nearly IMPOSSIBLE to successfully report a person having multiple account under current filter system, why can't investigate a bit before auto filter ALL the suspected accounts?

Fix match, some managers do smart cheat on border line but is very obvious a fix match, those cheat report ALWAYS get blocked, why can't spend abit more more time to investigate?

Lastly, why the cheat report ticket can COPY and PASTE the source from other to support? why must ONLY use typing in cheat reporting?

I know reducing workforce and maximize efficiency is every company save cost task, but like that just kick manager out and keep losing good honest managers.

Some random thoughts about ways to improve SM:

1) Stop flooding the market with new GCs as it is absolutely ruining old GCs. In the past, people would take over medium sized (and smaller) clubs in existing GCs because they knew that the best way to get a big club was to do well and get a job offer when one became available. Now, these clubs stay unmanaged as everybody knows another GC will be opening in 2-3 days and they can go get a big club easily. The effect is that even big clubs in old GCs are now going unmanaged (e.g. Bayern Munich is available in 2 GCs right now, Ajax is free in 9 GCs, and Juventus is available in 3 as well). This would never have happened when GCs were limited. Realistically, a slow GC in the past meant around 70 managed teams. Now, I see many GCs with as few as 40 managed teams. Ultimately, I realize that creating new GCs is probably financially motivated, however, if people stop playing the game altogether, there is no money to be made then either.

Suggestion = Slow new GC creation significantly.

2) Soccer Wiki and the improved rate of player ratings being updated is an excellent change. However, I logged on the other day to update a birthdate of a player and was not allowed to do so because I don't have a high enough rating yet. Well, how am I to get a better rating if I cannot suggest updates? I thought that was the point of the voting system, to avoid people manipulating and cheating the system.

Suggestion = Allow SoccerWiki to cross reference reputation to SM reputation so that managers that have been around a while can suggest changes even if they only log on every couple of weeks to do so.

3) The match engine is awful and we all know it. Games are random lottery and it seems like the effort put into formation, scouting, etc. is not warranted.

Suggestion = Put substantial work into improving the match engine that allows for more consistent realistic results while still seeing the odd upset that occurs in the real world as well.

4) Cheating is not near as rampant as some would have you think. However, it does exist and it will always be a major issue as one person messing around in your game world can ruin the entire SM experience. The automated system does serve a purpose, but there has to be a way to tweak the settings to allow for better judgements as well as for human review. While I refer mostly to deals that are clearly cheating, the need for human review extends to multiple accounts as well as people now offering unmanaged clubs to their "friends" to stop deals they have lost from being completed or clubs being taken over and immediately dropped to keep a deal from being completed.

Suggestion = Have an ombudsmen who can review/investigate any reported cheating that paying members state the automated system has not handled properly.

5) I know that many people are complaining about the non-existence of squad limits and player farming and the new loan policy. My opinion is that the new loan policy is a very good step forward and that money management needs to continue to be made more of a factor if teams are to limit their squad size. The simple reality is that teams that farm players will be forced to sell players to balance their books. Creating an arbitrary squad limit is unrealistic and unwarranted. In line with this though, I'd like to see clubs be allowed to take on more than only 3 loans. Perhaps it should be unmanaged clubs to take on only 3 loans, but managed clubs can take on 6. I recognize these numbers are arbitrary as well, but it would allow smaller clubs to continue to compete. (As a sidenote, nobody has seemed to complain about the shrinking of the bonus payments for winning SMFA matches that clearly impacts the big clubs more than the small clubs.)

Suggestion = Continue to look at ways to create economic fairness while recognizing that big clubs are "big" for a reason and should have an economic advantage. Player swap deals should be limited to one player from each side involved instead of 2 players being allowed. This small change would also increase the value of cash going forward.

6) And finally, customer service and the ability to communicate directly with SM management is a farce. I know that they read the forum, but responses are infrequent. The ticket system is limited. People who don't use facebook or twitter are effectively ignored. I have asked multiple times why SM has no e-mail address at which you can contact them, but have never gotten a response. And the fact that tickets are signed by "Soccer Manager" instead of whomever actually provided the service is plain silly. This is the area the needs the most improvement by far.

Suggestion = Knock down some of the walls that SM seems to have intentionally created between themselves and their customers. Understand that customer service needs to be the #1 priority if their business is to remain viable in the long-term. Make a concerted effort to improve communication via a dedicated e-mail address for which members can contact SM.

Thank you for reading. I'd love to hear directly from SM, both here and via a personal e-mail, their thoughts on the above, but given item #6, I am not expecting anything.