Anything and Everything on SM Development

Re: Anything and Everything on SM Development

2) Soccer Wiki and the improved rate of player ratings being updated is an excellent change. However' date=' I logged on the other day to update a birthdate of a player and was not allowed to do so because I don't have a high enough rating yet. Well, how am I to get a better rating if I cannot suggest updates? I thought that was the point of the voting system, to avoid people manipulating and cheating the system.

[b']Suggestion = Allow SoccerWiki to cross reference reputation to SM reputation so that managers that have been around a while can suggest changes even if they only log on every couple of weeks to do so.[/b]

you can earn rep by voting (+1 for each successful item that goes live)

HINT- MrWiki is SM/SW so all there data is 99.9% correct and will go live, so vote thumbs up!

+10 for edits OTHER than players...so do managers, referees, staff etc etc

BUT

you can lose rep if you vote/submit incorrect items. So check and double check!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Anything and Everything on SM Development Hello rio31. Many thanks for creating this thread. I will sticky it so that it doesn't get lost as there have already been some good ideas posted. Please

Hello guys,   I have been playing Soccer Manager for 7 years and I always see many managers buy young players under the age of 21, in many game worlds everyone tries to full his U21 squad with

It would be a small update, and to be honest, I can think of dozens of more important things that need sorting! But SM don't read any of this so it's pointless talking about it really. 

Riferimento: Re: Anything and Everything on SM Development

Some random thoughts about ways to improve SM:3) The match engine is awful and we all know it. Games are random lottery and it seems like the effort put into formation' date=' scouting, etc. is not warranted.

[b']Suggestion = Put substantial work into improving the match engine that allows for more consistent realistic results while still seeing the odd upset that occurs in the real world as well.[/b]

I agree with most parts of this post but I would concentrate my attention to 3rd point: it is very frustrating playing a match against a team (managed or unmanaged, it's the same) with a lot of NMF or with players out of their natural position and lose every time. It is ridiculous!

Last, I'd penalize manager that doesn't login constantly in the match engine of a game.

Better cheat reporting system and weaker cheat report filter.

The fact is every game world have cheating' date=' no way to block all happening, but the point is... some cheat is really very obvious. The cheat report system filter almost block every report. Keep discourage people for cheat reporting.

Agree, I get annoyed for keep getting the auto lazy reply 'investigated, not sufficient evidence' etc when I am SERIOUSLY report cheating.

Illegal transfer ok, still not difficult to report, but why ONLY ALLOW one report from one manager for one illegal transfer? sometime manager A don't have illegal evidence doesn't mean the deal is legal, maybe manager B can give a better report that more convincing?

Multiple accounts, this is the most difficult and nearly IMPOSSIBLE to successfully report a person having multiple account under current filter system, why can't investigate a bit before auto filter ALL the suspected accounts?

Agree, sometime if the report have not sufficient evidence at the moment doesn't mean that there are no NEW evidence in future, those cheater may just keep more cheat and left more evidence on-board. For example the cheater ra-pe a girl at first no one see and don't have enough evidence the case close, but after a month the victim family actually found some new evident, doen't it mean they cant do anything again to sue the cheater?

Fix match, some managers do smart cheat on border line but is very obvious a fix match, those cheat report ALWAYS get blocked, why can't spend abit more more time to investigate?

Lastly, why the cheat report ticket can COPY and PASTE the source from other to support? why must ONLY use typing in cheat reporting?

Agree, but maybe need to give more time to SMFA since they are having finical difficulty and is hard for them to use current workforce to complete more difficult task.

I know reducing workforce and maximize efficiency is every company save cost task, but like that just kick manager out and keep losing good honest managers.

Some random thoughts about ways to improve SM:

1) Stop flooding the market with new GCs as it is absolutely ruining old GCs. In the past' date=' people would take over medium sized (and smaller) clubs in existing GCs because they knew that the best way to get a big club was to do well and get a job offer when one became available. Now, these clubs stay unmanaged as everybody knows another GC will be opening in 2-3 days and they can go get a big club easily. The effect is that even big clubs in old GCs are now going unmanaged (e.g. Bayern Munich is available in 2 GCs right now, Ajax is free in 9 GCs, and Juventus is available in 3 as well). This would never have happened when GCs were limited. Realistically, a slow GC in the past meant around 70 managed teams. Now, I see many GCs with as few as 40 managed teams. Ultimately, I realize that creating new GCs is probably financially motivated, however, if people stop playing the game altogether, there is no money to be made then either.

[b']Suggestion = Slow new GC creation significantly.[/b]

Agree, now days people just waiting for new GC come and grap it, making many older GC have only few managers and not fully utilize it. Should give some credit for weaker team managers if they have good result. Few days a new GC is extreme unhealthy and making ruin of the game.

2) Soccer Wiki and the improved rate of player ratings being updated is an excellent change. However, I logged on the other day to update a birthdate of a player and was not allowed to do so because I don't have a high enough rating yet. Well, how am I to get a better rating if I cannot suggest updates? I thought that was the point of the voting system, to avoid people manipulating and cheating the system.

Suggestion = Allow SoccerWiki to cross reference reputation to SM reputation so that managers that have been around a while can suggest changes even if they only log on every couple of weeks to do so.

Cant understand why stop letting people that have heart to help the game

3) The match engine is awful and we all know it. Games are random lottery and it seems like the effort put into formation, scouting, etc. is not warranted.

Suggestion = Put substantial work into improving the match engine that allows for more consistent realistic results while still seeing the odd upset that occurs in the real world as well.

I suppose the match engine is quite good, but it will be better if have more improvement.

4) Cheating is not near as rampant as some would have you think. However, it does exist and it will always be a major issue as one person messing around in your game world can ruin the entire SM experience. The automated system does serve a purpose, but there has to be a way to tweak the settings to allow for better judgements as well as for human review. While I refer mostly to deals that are clearly cheating, the need for human review extends to multiple accounts as well as people now offering unmanaged clubs to their "friends" to stop deals they have lost from being completed or clubs being taken over and immediately dropped to keep a deal from being completed.

Suggestion = Have an ombudsmen who can review/investigate any reported cheating that paying members state the automated system has not handled properly.

Please see my suggestion on http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=2596910#post2596910 thanks

5) I know that many people are complaining about the non-existence of squad limits and player farming and the new loan policy. My opinion is that the new loan policy is a very good step forward and that money management needs to continue to be made more of a factor if teams are to limit their squad size. The simple reality is that teams that farm players will be forced to sell players to balance their books. Creating an arbitrary squad limit is unrealistic and unwarranted. In line with this though, I'd like to see clubs be allowed to take on more than only 3 loans. Perhaps it should be unmanaged clubs to take on only 3 loans, but managed clubs can take on 6. I recognize these numbers are arbitrary as well, but it would allow smaller clubs to continue to compete. (As a sidenote, nobody has seemed to complain about the shrinking of the bonus payments for winning SMFA matches that clearly impacts the big clubs more than the small clubs.)

Suggestion = Continue to look at ways to create economic fairness while recognizing that big clubs are "big" for a reason and should have an economic advantage. Player swap deals should be limited to one player from each side involved instead of 2 players being allowed. This small change would also increase the value of cash going forward.

Yes, i had saw some gameworld have manager that have 200 players in team! and the value of player total is >1000M! but other top team in the have only 100-200M squad value and less than 10M money, is it weird and fishy that someone may did thousand of cheat to make this kind of outcome but SMFA never investigate?

6) And finally, customer service and the ability to communicate directly with SM management is a farce. I know that they read the forum, but responses are infrequent. The ticket system is limited. People who don't use facebook or twitter are effectively ignored. I have asked multiple times why SM has no e-mail address at which you can contact them, but have never gotten a response. And the fact that tickets are signed by "Soccer Manager" instead of whomever actually provided the service is plain silly. This is the area the needs the most improvement by far.

Suggestion = Knock down some of the walls that SM seems to have intentionally created between themselves and their customers. Understand that customer service needs to be the #1 priority if their business is to remain viable in the long-term. Make a concerted effort to improve communication via a dedicated e-mail address for which members can contact SM.

Great!

Thank you for reading. I'd love to hear directly from SM, both here and via a personal e-mail, their thoughts on the above, but given item #6, I am not expecting anything.

• 3 weeks later...

I think soccer manager should maybe bring in a new feature where they can limit squad numbers to maybe 25 1st team and 25 youth players, there is too many managers out there myself included in couple of my worlds that have too many players on there books and its kind of spoiling it for some teams... Paul Allen wc 1430 napoli....

Well thats up to the joe public to stop cheating it doesnt get you anywhere, plus if managers quit clubs within a certain time of taking over and then quit within a month i think they should be banned for a length of time, as they know the squad and transfer balance before they took it over.. plus all cheats should be grassed on, its a free game and they will spoil it for the 1s that like playing the game

Well thats up to the joe public to stop cheating it doesnt get you anywhere' date=' plus if managers quit clubs within a certain time of taking over and then quit within a month i think they should be banned for a length of time, as they know the squad and transfer balance before they took it over.. plus all cheats should be grassed on, its a free game and they will spoil it for the 1s that like playing the game[/quote']

No it's up to sm to act on it and punish cheats! If they punish cheats more they would think twice unlike now!

It's a free game to a certain extent but a lot people pay for hold to get more benefits like I do and really it's like I'm a paying customer like a lot of others and we deserve to have someone sorting this issue and not having a quick peak n ignoring it!!!

Plus if people join and leave within a month that's not cheating at all that's a totally different matter!

If we notice cheats we report it, everyone does but problem is who ever is meant to look at this reports and do something about it is obviously useless!!!!

No it's up to sm to act on it and punish cheats! If they punish cheats more they would think twice unlike now!

It's a free game to a certain extent but a lot people pay for hold to get more benefits like I do and really it's like I'm a paying customer like a lot of others and we deserve to have someone sorting this issue and not having a quick peak n ignoring it!!!

Plus if people join and leave within a month that's not cheating at all that's a totally different matter!

If we notice cheats we report it' date=' everyone does but problem is who ever is meant to look at this reports and do something about it is obviously useless!!!![/quote']

how many reports do you reckon they get a day?

some are 'real' and plenty i bet are down to jealousy.

my point is having an automated system is the only feasible way to deal with it....you would need a team of people looking into every report every day - just not realistic im afraid.

as you know Veigas, i only tend to play in forum GWs, that way i very very rarely experience cheats....personally if i was in a GW with cheating going on, id just leave.

;2621657']how many reports do you reckon they get a day?

some are 'real' and plenty i bet are down to jealousy.

my point is having an automated system is the only feasible way to deal with it....you would need a team of people looking into every report every day - just not realistic im afraid.

as you know Veigas' date=' i only tend to play in forum GWs, that way i very very rarely experience cheats....personally if i was in a GW with cheating going on, id just leave.[/quote']

I know u do and I try to do same but in that championship and just one other I'm only in them because my dad is in there too and we have fierce rivalry going on or id be out by now.

TRANSFER interface changes:

On the transfer search: can you please add the navigation menu to the bottom of the page as well?

<< Previous 12345678... Next>>

This will save time scrolling back up to the top to change pages.

Also in the advanced player search: can you please add the option to 'search unmanaged leagues' As in, search for players at clubs that can't be managed.

That would be a massive help. Thanks.

www.soccermanager.com/suggestions doesn't work!

www.soccermanager.com/suggestions doesn't work!

don't you think the sm can do some things that will make the game morw exiting?

like opening a game world that will simulate the u-21 eure..

or make a tournament,like a league that the sm open and get in manager with the same group of rating and make them fight each other and the winner can get rating/sm credits..

i have more ideas

• 2 weeks later...

One of the most annoying things in the game is re adding a squad of 100 back to loan list at the start of each season, or renewing 40 contracts that will run out that season.

I think you should make a "Max Select" button in squad veiw where if you click it it will display boxes next to all players and a drop down option to do tasks at the bottom such as:

"Add players to Loan list"

"Offer new Contract"

"Move to youth team"

I think this would save people soooo much time and really help people get the best out of there teams, mainly with finance ect ect

One of the most annoying things in the game is re adding a squad of 100 back to loan list at the start of each season' date=' or renewing 40 contracts that will run out that season.

I think you should make a "Max Select" button in squad veiw where if you click it it will display boxes next to all players and a drop down option to do tasks at the bottom such as:

"Add players to Loan list"

"Offer new Contract"

"Move to youth team"

I think this would save people soooo much time and really help people get the best out of there teams, mainly with finance ect ect[/quote']

Agree, I think I may have suggested this is the past somewhere. Would be easy to implement and prove to be a time saving exercise.

Would also mean that annoying green bar at the top of the page only appears once!

Anyone else experienced the following.

QPR are unmanaged in my game world, Watford are also unmanaged.

QPR currently have 3 accepted bids in for Watford players (Fernandinho, M'Villa and De Bruyne)

This can't be right, I can only place one bid at a time (per team). How is it that QPR (unmanaged) have been allowed to place 3 bids and have them all accepted?!

Anyone else experienced the following.

QPR are unmanaged in my game world' date=' Watford are also unmanaged.

QPR currently have [b']3 accepted bids in for Watford players[/b] (Fernandinho, M'Villa and De Bruyne)

This can't be right, I can only place one bid at a time (per team). How is it that QPR (unmanaged) have been allowed to place 3 bids and have them all accepted?!

Similar thing happened to me. Barcelona (External) made 2 bids for their players at the same time.

What about setting the club captain/vice-captain at the beginning of every season. So every time they are selected they in that automatic role. It's rather annoying having to double check to make sure Vidic is still captain if I move him from one CB position to the other.

Also would we be able to have squad shirt number. Doesn't have to be 1-99 but at minimum 1-25 that we could pick but the rest just random numbers.

Final bit. If there is a minimum number of players in a squad, why not have a maximum number of players in a squad (including loans). It'll stop people just buying every youth player available and loaning them out.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I am probably going to get slaughtered for this, but I will say it anyway. Why don't SM add women footballers, a women's data pack or women's leagues? Here are a few of my reasons:

1. SM's main target market is the USA (hence "soccer" manager). USA has one of the best women's teams in the world and one of the best women's league in the world, so by having a womens' section, it would open up to a market already keen or interested in the game in the USA.

2. The women's game is growing and growing. The 2011 World Cup in Germany was very well attended and there are now many competitive international teams, with the game coming more and more professional.

3. What other women's football games are out there, video game or online game wise?! None. SM could be the first to move into this market and thereby create a monopoly and capitalise on demand that is out there.

Why don't SM add a women's data pack, women's leagues or even a "WSM"?! No doubt it isn't as good as spectacle as the mens and isn't as popular, but you can say that about pretty much any sport. Marketed correctly, this isn't a bad market to go into at all.

Right' date=' I am probably going to get slaughtered for this, but I will say it anyway. Why don't SM add women footballers, a women's data pack or women's leagues? Here are a few of my reasons:

1. SM's main target market is the USA (hence "soccer" manager). USA has one of the best women's teams in the world and one of the best women's league in the world, so by having a womens' section, it would open up to a market already keen or interested in the game in the USA.

2. The women's game is growing and growing. The 2011 World Cup in Germany was very well attended and there are now many competitive international teams, with the game coming more and more professional.

3. What other women's football games are out there, video game or online game wise?! None. SM could be the first to move into this market and thereby create a monopoly and capitalise on demand that is out there.

Why don't SM add a women's data pack, women's leagues or even a "WSM"?! No doubt it isn't as good as spectacle as the mens and isn't as popular, but you can say that about pretty much any sport. Marketed correctly, this isn't a bad market to go into at all.[/quote']

I'm out.............

Right' date=' I am probably going to get slaughtered for this, but I will say it anyway. Why don't SM add women footballers, a women's data pack or women's leagues? Here are a few of my reasons:

1. [b']SM's main target market is the USA (hence "soccer" manager)[/b]. USA has one of the best women's teams in the world and one of the best women's league in the world, so by having a womens' section, it would open up to a market already keen or interested in the game in the USA.

Really???

i think more the case Football Manager is already taken...

• 3 weeks later...

What's with SM removing the 'last online' display from Club List? how are we supposed to negotiate deals when we don't know if a user logged in or not?! it even affects my selection of tactics or player bidding strategy sometimes. another 'fantastic' change by SM.

Also, can we display the player's D.O.B on the Squad page? so that we are aware of upcoming bdays of players and maybe make plans to sell them? after all, SM 'loves' it when we sell players right? :rolleyes:

What's with SM removing the 'last online' display from Club List? how are we supposed to negotiate deals when we don't know if a user logged in or not?! it even affects my selection of tactics or player bidding strategy sometimes. another 'fantastic' change by SM.

I will be permanently furious with them if this last online info disabled by them' date=' it's not like they're adding some important feature in expense of it [img']http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/8109/2p7.png[/img]

Riferimento: Re: Anything and Everything on SM Development

Also' date=' can we display the player's D.O.B on the Squad page? so that we are aware of upcoming bdays of players and maybe make plans to sell them? after all, SM 'loves' it when we sell players right? :rolleyes:[/quote']

Agree.

This had not even been announced.

Beyond any logic.

Another facepalm for SMFA.

demotivational-posters-quadruple-facepalm.jpg