Anything and Everything on SM Development

Re: Anything and Everything on SM Development

The creator of this thread is back.

What the hell has been going on with SM?

I left, prolly for like a year, maybe less. Left all my clubs. All my GC's. Seemed to me that the SM creators don't care about this side of SM anymore.

They never listened to anybody's ideas. I know a lot of people, had some very feasible ideas too. Very good and creative ones.

and, btw, the single player thing is so stupid. Why waste time playing against nobody. At least playing FIFA on PS4 or XBOX you can play against the computer in games. Why would people waste their time on this?

Why SM? Why do you not care about the SM World Side?

You guys had something here and it seems now that it is all slipping away.

I've joined back with just one club, Liverpool, in the game world I started, then left, and now own again, The Brookfield Premier League, ID 7664. It is now public too, if anybody wants to join, but who would?

I know many of my friends left, including me, when they started the single player. Anybody else do this, or see this?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Anything and Everything on SM Development Hello rio31. Many thanks for creating this thread. I will sticky it so that it doesn't get lost as there have already been some good ideas posted. Please

Hello guys,   I have been playing Soccer Manager for 7 years and I always see many managers buy young players under the age of 21, in many game worlds everyone tries to full his U21 squad with

It would be a small update, and to be honest, I can think of dozens of more important things that need sorting! But SM don't read any of this so it's pointless talking about it really. 

I left' date=' prolly for like a year, maybe less. Left all my clubs. All my GC's. Seemed to me that the SM creators don't care about this side of SM anymore.

They never listened to anybody's ideas. I know a lot of people, had some very feasible ideas too. Very good and creative ones.

and, btw, the single player thing is so stupid. Why waste time playing against nobody. At least playing FIFA on PS4 or XBOX you can play against the computer in games. Why would people waste their time on this?

Why SM? Why do you not care about the SM World Side?

You guys had something here and it seems now that it is all slipping away.

I've joined back with just one club, Liverpool, in the game world I started, then left, and now own again, The Brookfield Premier League, ID 7664. It is now public too, if anybody wants to join, but who would?

I know many of my friends left, including me, when they started the single player. Anybody else do this, or see this?[/quote']

An awful lot of my friends have left & people I got to know thru the Forum too. Very few remain & as u can see the forum is a fraction of what it was. I too have cut down. We've had SM promises on another thread to do something about it but ....... ....... ..... .... ... .. . nothing :(

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=171930&page=7

Riferimento: Re: Anything and Everything on SM Development

I left' date=' prolly for like a year, maybe less. Left all my clubs. All my GC's. [b']Seemed to me that the SM creators don't care about this side of SM anymore[/b].

TRUE

SM Mod/Dev/Staff is missing

HEY SM! I HOPE YOU READ THIS! I'M HOPING THIS HELPS YOU GUYS OUT!

The game of SM, I see as this.

I sign on, and have my club list, in any order I want it to be. It's an interactive website. Easy drop down tab, select order, and it's set. So, if I like a team better than another, it goes to the top. Not what order I join them in.

And on that note of the Home Page, which is all whacked out, and weird now. Why do new pages open up and junk? Driving me nuts. The single player side of it, needs to be a small tab, out of the way, for players of the game, that don't like interacting and competing against other managers, which I assume is very few. I may be wrong though.

Basically, go back to what it all originally looked like, with the pale green color. Loved it. And just have it a little more interactive, in where I can manage my clubs, and in what order, or what not like that. Colors and such for clubs, etc, etc.

When you have selected a club, everything can almost be the same. All the tabs are basically what you would need and such. But, all the searching and listing of players, could be easier. Well, the listing, and tabbing of players, I guess I should say. Like shortlisting, 30 players at once, with just 30 clicks to the side of the player, then a button that says shortlist all players clicked. And poof, easy. Got it done. Instead of like 100 clicks. And that can be done for everything else. Sending players to youth squad. Loan listing players, etc, etc.

Players ratings are all good too. I like the fact that they represent what the player does in real life. We are managing real players, but when you have a youth squad, and it doesn't really represent anything, but a holding station, then what's the need for it. Youth players, should have their own set of games too. This will cut down on the number of owned managed clubs. Get more managers excited with what they've got sitting in their locker for the future.

Play a youth game, along with the actual game for that day. If one club doesn't have enough for a youth game, he wont make as much money then. Have some incentive for it. You make a little if it's at home for actual games, and lose a little when away. Have it the same for the youth. Like in real life, when 1000 people will go watch some youth games some times. Maybe more. But, like I said, if the club doesn't have enough youth players for the game, even it is an away game for let's say me, and I do have enough youth players, I won't lose money cause of wages, I'll make a little. Again, making it an incentive for a manager to try and pick up some youth.

But, that leads to squad limitations, which should be there. I've created a number of custom leagues, and have dabbled with Forum based rules in squad limits. I always thought, that 50 players, max, even for loaned out players away or in the squad, 50 is the max. 25 players for your first team is the max. And 25 max for your youth team. So, if you wanted a loan to buy, youth player, which could be a new feature, you'd have to have 24 or less. Or a loan to buy first team player, I'd have to have 24 players or less. Or, if I've loaned out a player, and let's say that's my 50th player, I can't then take in a loan, or another transfer.

I've also dabbled in a few of my custom leagues with the squad limits and such, but with the nationalities, just a little. Like, for instance if I was Liverpool, and England based club, I would have to have at least 5 English players on my team. Which would then, be more realistic, with the youth approach of trying to find young English talent for the future of my club. Spanish players for Barcelona. For example, if I do have 50 players for Bayern Munich, out of those 50, at least 5 of them would have to be German. I could have 10 Germans, and 40 other nationalities. As long as there are 5. This could be more of a custom game world feature, because it is technically, not a real life situation, but it somewhat does represent what goes on in real life, and I think and hope that's what the SM guys are doing for everything SM, or trying, or have tried and failed miserably. Whatever.

Transfers are a big deal in this game and in real life. Money needs to be held more accountable in this, like it is in real life. But, the money would have to be held more accountable in other areas first, like stadium attendance, finances with wages, etc, etc. I know there are real life sponsors and stuff like that for real clubs that help pay for a lot of things. But, let's face it, Real Madrid is going to have a little bit more spending room on wages than Preston North End. This can be easily determined, and the SM people have already done a pretty good job of representing that. But what happened to the stadium development, especially for smaller clubs that move their way up the tables. And, the wages basically don't matter at all. Nor do the contracts for players. That system has to be held more accountable first, before you can move on trying to fix the transfer market. Because it is legal and is done in real life club management, where I can send one player over for one of your players, but that happens rarely. It's mainly transfer fees and bids, with money.

I can keep going, unless you don't...

...Oh, ok, you like my ideas. I'll keep going then.

Many of these ideas and simple things that can be done, is just an accumulation of other threads by people, plus some of mine, I think, all put together. I've said this before too, all the SM People had to do, was put polls and pictures and ideas on here for us to vote on. And poof, they've got a free survey on what they should be working on. But, nope. Decided to alienate everyone in single player land. I'll stop with this and back to ideas.

GC's suck now. Anybody else that reads this remember when they first started. When it was like once a month, they would open one up, or like every 2-3 weeks, something like that. And it was random, and you had to be there at that moment to get the good teams. Man, that was such a rush and a thrill to get on as fast as you can once you realize what was happening, like after your friend called you that played too, saying A NEW GC IS OPEN! HURRY! I knew then that this would eventually come to an end, because people were then buying and just making their own custom leagues a lot back then, and SM wanted more money in the GC's. So they started letting managers reserve your team and such, which is all fine and good. But, what I think should have happened was, lets say there are 600 teams in a GC world, I don't know really. But, out of that 600, before the game world opened, 500-600 teams had to have a manager first. I think managers would have gone for that, and would have had the patience for it. So, if you wanted a good team, you might have to wait a week or so, but who cares. You still do that nowadays. But, what happens, is managers then leave and quit clubs, for the new GC's that happen, which sucks. I always thought SM should have made your club slots a permanent thing. Like, if I first sign up, at level 40, I get a free, public club slot. No GC. At whatever level like 80, you get another one, and at 160, maybe another, but that's it. 3 free public clubs. You can then buy a gc club slot if you want, for like $5. I then have to choose carefully, which team I really want. If I want a Liverpool or Man U, I'll probably have to choose one in the future GC's that are waiting to be filled up, or I can choose another GC, a lower level club, that could be about to open if just a few more managers join. But, after I select my club that I want, if I decide to quit once the league has opened, then I lose that slot, and will have to pay for another GC slot if I want one. Which then creates a demand for GC teams. Which then makes all the clubs more relevant, and what the managers decide to do with them. Maybe even have it to where the 3 free ones you get, can be a GC if you want. But, if you want any club slots, you pay for them.

Then, after all this is set and done, there's some sort of way to make sm credit money, or whatever, for winning things, and tourneys, etc, etc. Because if this all happens, for SM to make money, along with buying your club slot, that only lasts a year, or whatever. So, it's like a year long subscription. Every year, it's like $5 to renew all your clubs. Instead of all this crazy SM money and credit system now for GC days and what not. Would just be way easier.

All this could happen, if there are incentives for managers to choose lower clubs, which there not. Like, if I know I can come in to a lower level club, and have to compete to be promoted, and to earn more of a wage bill, and to be able to spend some money on the stadium to make more money, and be able to compete in a transfer market, with bigger clubs, even though it will be tough, but there will be stupid managers out there who will trade and sell players for money, just like in real life. But also, make it more of a big deal to find that new talent, that could jump in ratings by like 10, to completely change your squad around. Now, that would be fun and would open up the possibility of creating more GC's like GC1, but GC1 is GC1 because of the history with it. First GC I was in was GC12. GC1 I did join at one time, even got to a big club, at AS Roma. BUT COULD NOT DO ANYTHING. I had the same squad, basically, for about 2-3 years. And I tried. Spartak is too much of a powerhouse with having a lot of talent, and take nothing away from that manager, but it should have never come to this. Now, that manager has earned the right to every player, and there are other teams too, but for a smaller club, to be able to compete, its nonexistent almost. No incentive for new managers to come in. It will literally take too long for a small club to find new talent at a small fee, even if they can get them, because they'll have to outbid other clubs, that are on it as well. Just not fun, and I don't know how much fun the Spartak Manager is even having, but I'm sure it's not much. He doesn't have to do anything. What's the fun in that.

Take what you want from this SM Forum People. I've got a lot more to go with this but I'm done for now. This is giving me tired head and I have probably lost some readers already.

Thanks for reading if you do.

I have major financial issues in my clubs with low stadium capacity (20k or under generally), I've built these clubs up over a multiple years in GCs and now am having to consider leaving some of them as I'm losing so much cash the game isn't enjoyable.

Even having sold so many players that all I'm left with is an A and a B team the issue persists. Only way of helping is by reducing player wages to what they once where or give out a lot more competition prize money - what's 4M or so for winning the league when I can lose that much in a single week? If not I don't see why my stadium capacity can't increase after each season? I don't have much expectation that anything will be done on this but at least wanted to know how others deal with the problem - what's the point of even building up a small club anymore as should you reach the top the game will prevent you from keeping the necessary players to challenge the bigger teams?

Cash injection for low league club that keep negative balance.

New reputation definition: The point calculated by the factor like Trophy win, Efficiency or earning points, Team morale, Faithful of keeping players, Time in gameworld, Loyalty for the club, Log in frequency, Tactic change frequency, New feed post frequency, Cheating frequency, Abusing frequency.

Anybody that reads this, please make a suggestion, on what SM should be working on and then releasing next.

Please choose out of these 5 Topics. They seem to be high on everybody's list.

The topic that you choose, please put a brief description of something you would like to see changed, or fixed, or added, etc, to that feature of the game.

Thanks. And maybe this will get some SM people thinking and talking back with us.

1. Match Engine

(1 Vote)

2. Squad Limitations

(1 Vote)

3. More Custom Game World Features

(2 Vote)

4. Money Issue

(1 Vote)

5. Keeping Managers at Clubs and in Leagues

(2 Vote)

6. Miscellaneous

(1 Vote)

I choose #5.

And what I would change, is that when you select a club to manage it, you shouldn't be able to leave it and then move to a completely different world. One Club Slot = One Game World

Thanks for anybody that participates.

Cheers

I would like to just talk about this idea, which could be somewhere else on the forum, and I apologize if this idea is already out there, but, International management sucks too.

My idea, would be to have separate leagues, where you are just the manager of an International team, and all you do, is play tournaments mainly. Could have a like a long, big, group stage, where like 10 teams play each other 3 times too, and the winners, move on to the world cup. And, speaking of the world cup, that only needs to happen every 4 seasons, if it is a part of the regular club world scene. How am I able to do both as a club coach in real life anyways? Um, you don't. So, like I said before, it needs to be it's own entity entirely. Make up whatever tournaments and call them whatever you want, SM. It's the SM Gold Cup, where the Americas play each other, or whatever, randomly throughout the group play for the world cup.

Would make it more fun, relevant, and make y'all more money, because people would have to purchase that, or however you want to put it out. It's really y'alls decision on all of this, which sucks too.

I would like to reference y'alls Principle #3, which says this:

3. Soccer Manager is the peoples game, developed by soccer fans for soccer fans. Therefore we welcome any ideas and suggestions you have for making 'your' game better. Already, many ideas that have been submitted to us via the community forums have since become key features of Soccer Manager.

Any chance of this ever happening? I know y'all started somewhere around March, 2005, and I joined, January 12, 2008. Since then, I have not seen much progress. Just a lot of new colors, and much more tedious clicking.

I would love to get on and not be disappointed, with a once great idea and concept for an interactive soccer manager game.

If I had to put this all under a number up above, I would say it falls under the #5 up there, and #6. Kind of for both. Because, as I see it, you've lost me from paying for Gold Management anyways, so, I know I can't stay as an International manager.

Cheers

This will be for #1, the Match Engine.

My suggestion would be to have the Ratings mean the most in finding out the outcome to a match. That's the number one thing were all looking at on here anyways, and trying to achieve, right? Higher Ratings? I think it should be like 66% of the equation. Anybody else have a better number? I was actually thinking closer to 75-80%, but I know that will really turn some heads probably. Think about it. Look at the top 8 teams in the Champions League right now. Then go look at all their players on soccerwiki and their ratings. Pretty high right. Coincidence? I think not. And I know I'm pointing out the obvious, but it's for a reason.

So, 2/3 of the equation is ratings in my book.

Next would be like 15% Age, because, you don't want the best 90's that are 25 and below. Yes, some. But, let's face it. In the game of soccer/football, around the world, you are known to be in your prime around that 23/24 mark to about 33+/- a few, depending on injuries, and personal preferences. Now some do peak early, a la Messi, etc. But let's face it, that's like a handful. So, I think, some formula of like 85% of your players need to be over 23 in your starting lineup and subs bench, then can have 15% of under 23. So like, on a roster of 16 for a game, 13 of them have to be 23+, and 3 of them can be under 23. Some sort of equation like that, giving you a better shot of winning. Kind of like having that magic mojo from a good veteran, but also having some young legs to push the tempo.

So now you are left with, in my book, about 20% to put in towards tactics and what not.

I think though, keeping it simple, would be to have about 10% of that, go towards where you play your players, and, and in what positions they like (Like don't play Marcelo at RB), along with their fitness levels. If I have Robben playing RW for me, at 100% fitness, going against, let's say a Marcelo, but being played in a 5 back system as a LWB, and he is only at 80%, then, I'd expect to probably get a goal from Robben that game, or at least have a good rating. Wouldn't really matter too if Marcelo was played as the LB in a 4 Back system, I'd still expect the same really.

First of all, I understand there are bad games for players, but that really happens only like once out of every 5 games or so, rarely. Most professionals are pretty consistent at what they do, once they reach a certain level, but I see too many times on the forum here, where people have complained about some real low level team, just destroying their awesome 90's back line, and their awesome 90's goalie. All his players got like a rating of 4 or less and the computer team had 9's and what not, and the computer team won like 3-0. Never happens in real life. Secondly, you rarely see this happen during a campaign in a season. Out of 50 games for a Good Barcelona team, I see them having only about 5-7 bad games a year, at that. For the likes of like an Atletico Madrid, maybe like 10-12 or so. There's that difference for a reason.

So, now you are left with about 10% of what formation you did go with, your tactics, etc. I think, if you are allowed to add running arrows to the game, which what are those anyways? When do they make those runs? When my guys are looking to pass to them? When we first gain possession? This has got to be explained somewhere. I'll dig around here after this. Anyways, I always thought, that if I played some sort of formation, where I had 3 up top, going against a back 3 of some sort, and I had my 2 outside guys that are up there, making that run to the outside of that 3 back line, you would win every time, thinking I did my job because I scouted this guy, he had a back 3, I'll attack with 3, and kill this guy, which usually happens in real life, too. Anyways, I can't really remember if it worked or not, so, I guess what I'm getting at, is what's beneficial, or not beneficial, in setting up tactics. Just completely guessing, not knowing how the outcome is going to happen? Doesn't sound right to me. Experience level of coaching on SM? Should that come into account for all this?

I do think, one feature that can be added for the whole Tactics screen, is adding a tab next to the starting 11 names, that are for injuries. Like, next to Phil Jones' name for Man U, there's a tab that says, If Injured, Sub:, then some sort of drop down tab comes up, like everything else, and you select a name off the bench that you would like to be subbed in for Phil Jones in case he got injured. Because, what happens during the game, right now, when a player gets injured. Nothing? Did you just leave the field and I'm playing with 10 men? Or did he tough it out? Like, really? That has always been an issue with the Match Engine, and such an easy fix.

I find it an easy fix really. May not be as dramatic as a 2D pitch and what not, but, I find the scrolling commentary about the game, actually not that bad. Just needs to be cleaned up a little bit. Add more dialogue. And make sure, that if there's a free kick, I've noticed this at least, that if the ref gives a yellow card for the tackle, I know the free kick is going to be missed. Then, it's like 7/10, maybe higher, when the person that made the tackle, doesn't receive a yellow card, it's going to be a goal. Ruins the enjoyment of not knowing.

This game is purely about the ratings. So, why not make the match engine about that too, right?

Cheers

#2 and #3

Squad Limitations

Oh, what a hot topic this is.

But, again, I find it very easy, but I guess I know I can be the bad guy here, and SM just doesn't really want to be, but it's ok...

...so, I would just cut it all off at 50 max. Still have the 18 min, with at least 2 goalies, and that's it. Hoarding all gone. More transfers to be done, which will mean more players for lower clubs, which then makes the game, a lot more enjoyable for everyone and a heck of a lot more realistic.

I think you should be able to loan more players too, like 20 max :eek:, but I also think, that precious rating of 85-89, where most managers like to send players out on loan in this game, is where the players complaints should start happening more, and could be more frequently. So, loaning players, can really only happen about that 89 mark and below. No way would a 90 player on here ever accept a loan move. He'd say sell me right away. And when you do send a player on loan, they need to be playing, not riding the bench. I haven't really looked into this that much, but it could be an issue. I could see me sending out a player on loan, not play any, and come back the same. He should be getting ****** off over there too.

A little bit better of system on the player concerns, could help some of this out, but you need limitations first on the squads before any of this really matters.

Most of these things can be added to the custom game world list for creators. Limit of 25, 50, 75, etc. Can loan up to 20, 10, 5, etc. Just simple things to give a little bit more freedom in creating different leagues than everybody else's, without having to use the forum. There are many more things too you can add to this topic as well.

Cheers

#4 Money Issue

There's a million money issues on here. One, I know they can't change, is they can't get rid of part-exchanges. That just won't happen. So, how do you make money more relevant? Well, I think it's as simple as just making it more of an incentive for managers, like it is in real life. But, first, you have to start with the players on this...

When a player in real life, is done with a club, and they do not sign a new contract come spring time, they then can move on for a free transfer. Now, if a club has good managing skills, they would sell this player in the Summer before, or that January, so they don't lose anything on that player, but, that said player, has to accept those terms of a transfer, and then, sign with that new team.

This doesn't happen anywhere in SM. Would be so easy to fix too. Just make it to where if a player is getting adequate time if it's deserved cause of rating, and if they get like 75% playing time, or whatever, then he'll be happy in staying at the club, come that last year to his contract, and he'll sign another one. If he is unhappy, he'll let the club know, and they will proceed as they so choose, whether to try and keep him, by playing more that fall on into spring, or by trying to sell him that summer and or winter. This, though, makes the contracts a huge thing, and has to have some relevance with the money, which it just doesn't right now. Spartak had a million 90s and what not in GC1. You think they can afford that in real life? Heck no. Which then makes your wage bill a must. Which then makes your transfer funds a must. If I gain, $1,000,000 for finding young talent, grooming them, then selling for profit, yet, my $1,000,000 just keeps getting bigger, because I can't spend them on Transfers, I can't put that money back into the club's wage bill, or I can't put that money back into the club's stadium, or I can't put that money towards SM the game, like gold management coins, then why did I just do that? Did I beat the game? and that's why I think a lot of people have left. They reached the end already. They won. Nothing else for them to do.

Is that like real life club management? Where I just win, and eh, I'm done now. Nope. Clubs have their slight ups and downs all the time financially, and they have to be wise with their investments, just like it could be on here. It just seems that when you are looking for a player, you come back with 6, because you just can on here, and it doesn't effect your club's bankroll or wage bill one bit.

Transfer bans mess with this too, but having no transfer windows is a mess with this too. That's why in both my custom leagues, I have transfer windows. I buy a player at the beginning window, to up my squad. I use the second window, to finish the year off. I shouldn't be able to sell a player I bought, until the end of the whole season. Which, it is basically set up this way with the 3 month ban, it's just all squirrely and what not. I don't like it. Can be fixed with windows, but I know, there are those managers on SM that need a transfer a day, or they'll go nuts. Haha.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

#2 and #3

Squad Limitations

Oh' date=' what a hot topic this is.

But, again, I find it very easy, but I guess I know I can be the bad guy here, and SM just doesn't really want to be, but it's ok...

...so, I would just cut it all off at 50 max. Still have the 18 min, with at least 2 goalies, and that's it. Hoarding all gone. More transfers to be done, which will mean more players for lower clubs, which then makes the game, a lot more enjoyable for everyone and a heck of a lot more realistic.

I think you should be able to loan more players too, like 20 max :eek:, but I also think, that precious rating of 85-89, where most managers like to send players out on loan in this game, is where the players complaints should start happening more, and could be more frequently. So, loaning players, can really only happen about that 89 mark and below. No way would a 90 player on here ever accept a loan move. He'd say sell me right away. And when you do send a player on loan, they need to be playing, not riding the bench. I haven't really looked into this that much, but it could be an issue. I could see me sending out a player on loan, not play any, and come back the same. He should be getting ****** off over there too.

A little bit better of system on the player concerns, could help some of this out, but you need limitations first on the squads before any of this really matters.

Most of these things can be added to the custom game world list for creators. Limit of 25, 50, 75, etc. Can loan up to 20, 10, 5, etc. Just simple things to give a little bit more freedom in creating different leagues than everybody else's, without having to use the forum. There are many more things too you can add to this topic as well.

Cheers[/quote']

I fully agree with you rio31

• 3 weeks later...

Sure it's been discussed but here we go:

As it is now with chairman valuations; i will never be able to compete for highly rated new additions (or any player for that matter) as my chairman won't let me bid high enough. I was outbid for both Lee Seung-Woo and Tuanzebe due to my chairman being a stingy plonker. I hope the developers know about this and will rectify it in the near future. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

PLEASE READ THIS SM MODERATORS!!!!!

The report bug facility doesn't function properly.   This makes it impossible to report things that are so blatantly wrong with the new version. For instance, the short list on the manager tab, the list of players that a manager is interested in, doesn't stretch past one page. There is no 'next' radio button.  

What I do not understand by this 30% under fan base for teams nearer the bottom of the league is that it is not realistic.

Surely this should be reflective of the league you are in?

30% less if you are in div 4, 20% for div 3, 10 % for div 2 and 5% for div 1.

This is realistic.

Bournemouth are near the bottom of the premier league, yet will their fan base drop 30% because of this? No - because this is ridiculous.

Chelsea are lower than they have been in years. But they are still packed out every single weak - all because this is in the top division.

You cannot apply a hard and fast rule saying bottom teams will get 30% under fan base for every league, it is illogical.

Tried again today to pick some teams and do some scouting. There are bugs galore in this game! Much more than I thought initially.

SM, just get someone (or several people) sat with a laptop on their knee, actually interacting and playing the game, to sort out every bug in one foul swoop. Asap. Is that too much to ask?

We shouldn't have to put up with having to try and get used to a new UI and at the same time report back to you where all the bugs are too.

Come on, what is going on?

I've seen a lot of talk on here over the last few days of making tick/check boxes for your squad lists. I think this would be a Fantastic Idea! That would make the game so much more enjoyable to play. I'm all about the usefulness and I think that would be very useful. There could be so much more you could actually accomplish when you have a sit-down to play the game.

A few clicks later, you've Loan Listed players, not 100 clicks for 20-30 players.

One Click for all youth 21 and under, Send to Youth Squad.

One Click, accept loan bids.

Things like that make it more useful and not tedious.

2 and a half years and this still isn't there....

• 1 month later...

As I'm sure many SM users are aware by now, a few weeks back a number of young talents showed up in the game's database without being listed as new players first. This caught many SM players by surprise, but once we were alerted to the fact that these players existed, we scrambled to purchase them as they were/are highly rated talents in the real world.

It turns out that the players were added to the database through some mischievous SW users. These users apparently edited old players who nobody knew about and turned them into young superstars, presumably to get an edge on the competition in their SM gameworlds and as a backdoor method of adding players not yet added to the database. Even though SW did not catch the users before their changes went through, they did eventually identify them, ban them, and reverse the changes.

The problem that has arisen and continues to exist is that after the players were changed back to what they were before they were edited, many of us, me included, were stuck with an old, worthless player, and lost between 600-800k on our investment. I opened a ticket on SM when the change occurred, only to receive the same, tired answer anyone receives when they report a player-related issue: SM has no control over SW.

Even after I explained that I was essentially being made to pay for an error on the SW-side of the game, and that it would only take one small reversal to rectify the situation, I was first shutdown again, then ignored when I opened another ticket to continue to explain myself and my case further.

I have been a member of SoccerManager since July 2009; I've had my share of grumbles about different changes and modifications to the game, but I've overwhelmingly enjoyed my experience. There are very, very few games that I've played as long as I've played SoccerManager. And yet, there is a small list of things that I will not accept. I will tolerate game changes, interface changes, game engine changes, all of it; I'm happy to adjust and continue on, even when many of my friends have called it a day. But I will absolutely not accept the absolutely atrocious customer service that I've received in the last few days. I paid for several years of gold membership and different features from SoccerManager, and donated to the campaign to get SoccerManager 2016 up and running. To be treated like a waste of time is both insulting and infuriating.

I do not know if posting here will help get this issue addressed; the cynical part of me tells me that it is unlikely that anyone with any real power will visit this thread, but the hopeful part of me says that there is always a chance. If I can get a proper response from SM on my bug ticket, addressing the problem and reversing this transaction, I will carry on enjoying the game that I've enjoyed for over six and a half years. If not, then it may be finally time to call it a day and say goodbye to SoccerManager for good.