rio31

Anything and Everything on SM Development

Any chance SM could fix the long standing and frequently reported issue of prize money not being added to a clubs finances?

The SM response being:

Hi Terry,

We are aware of this problem and are currently working on it, but thanks for bringing it to our attention again.

Regards

Soccer Manager

This ticket is now closed

No eta for a resolution and I'm none the wiser, I won't hold my breath that this gets sorted promptly given the way things are run round these parts.

since the game make updates i will tell to take a look in the games day changing. now the game change a day at 6 (game time) in the morning. that's the time that a day completes and a manager which has 30 days to login, automatic resign.

i thinks is better and normal if a day completed at 12:00 (game time) at night. that's the reality time a day changes and that 's better and helpfull if that's happens in the game too.

also when a manager resigns is annoying the team to be offered to an «unknown» or other managers, who almost never taking the team at the end,and not staying unmanaged for other managers that may want to take the team. when a manager resign a team is better and easier to find a new manager if is unmanaged.

What about tick boxes, next to players names, in your squad list.

So that it's easy to send a bunch of players down to my youth squad, or visa versa.

Or to shortlist a bunch of players.

Or to transfer list a bunch of players for minimum value.

I think this was said like 4 years ago or so.

Seems so simple to add, and to make the game, way more fun, and easy to use.

Not more clicks.

Make game better = Make more money. Gain more reputation, and new users.

Make game worse = Lose more money. Lose reputation, and no new users.

Please don't make the game worse.

When your users are saying you are making it worse, it's getting worse.

Yet, idea, after idea, is being shot down, that comes out of a forumers mouth. Most of them are great solutions to simple problems, but for some reason, the layout, and new colors, and things like that, are what SM want to focus on. Keep suffocating the game, the game that was built, by managers, excuse me, mainly managers, who use the forum, or at least I believe that. Who would care enough to talk about a computer game, on an online forum, if they really didn't care about what's happening. I'm glad to see such an outpour of forumers kind of back to the forum, to call out SM on their New Layout, because man, it's ugly.

Keep it simple.

Less clicks, with white backgrounds, and stuff like that.

Simple solutions. Don't get all crazy.

What about being able to turn off transfer bans, when you use transfer windows in your customs?

Seems redundant, right?

I know most leagues aren't long enough, compared to the 3 months for a ban. Just seems crazy to have bans anyways.

What are those?

Bans should happen, when a player, isn't allowed to leave, because the club did something stupid.

If I buy a player in one window, he's banned for the rest of that window, but I should be able to sell him in the next, just like in real life.

Just won the league and the SMFA Shield and i only received 760 new seats to my stadium, How is that decided anyway, just seems very underwhelming after the season i just had and selling out most games as well. How come some bigger sides get 50 mill from the chairman? Doesn't make much sense, really..

Re: Anything and Everything on SM Development

don't you think the sm can do some things that will make the game morw exiting?

like opening a game world that will simulate the u-21 eure..

or make a tournament,like a league that the sm open and get in manager with the same group of rating and make them fight each other and the winner can get rating/sm credits..

i have more ideas

I don't think u21 conpetitions would be interesting. They're interesting in real life because you see players getting better and gauge their progress but here even if they do well in the competition, their rating only changes based on real life perfomance

I don't think u21 conpetitions would be interesting. They're interesting in real life because you see players getting better and gauge their progress but here even if they do well in the competition, their rating only changes based on real life performance

Man that post was a long time ago...

Ya, I kind of agree with you on this, but also, kind of agree with adisharabi1 too. Would be sweet to have these tournaments and things, but to force managers to play them, or set up for them, may cause some managers to frown.

and if your listening adisharabi1, SM will never pay out SM Coins back to any manager, ever. That would be considered gambling of some sort, and they would be in some stuff probably because of this.

Another, wish they could, but won't, type of thing...

Some of the fixes that the SM can do atm :

1)Try and raise tv revenue and sponsors to match the increased player wages.I have noted that u guys in SM have done this to prevent player hoarding and make it more realistic but I have played this game for 5 years .Since the new change in wages, for the first time, I was struggling to get a positive income at all ,only way I could do that was sell my extra players.I used to have 30 players at the start of this season,now I have barely 22 and my average rating is only 92 for my starting 11.This is in such a stark contrast to the old finance algorithms used in the past.At least if u guys raise the wages to be more realistic,increase the income and revenue so that we can get a small net amount like 200k after 2 games,a home and away game or else this system is not sustainable at all.Giving hge bonuses at the end of a season will only serve to dissuade new players as they struggle to make ends meet and they fail to realise the finance system.

2)I have found the lack of help guides on how to quit a club and switch clubs .It took me a while before finding a way to apply for another club in the same league.The way I see other players leave my club is basically be inactive for 30 consecutive days.I remember in the past that there used to be a quit option.

Rest said,I really appreciate changes made in this game,I have played this game for 5 years and I am happy for the new changes where there is more balance and more thought behind just playing 11 players with the best stats on the field.I hope u guys in SM will see my post, crticism aside, Im really a big fan of SM.

Keep getting free agents bids being rejected.

No idea how that makes sense, why it has been implemented or who is turning it down... Not like its there wages but a random payment to nobody. 

Something for "Custom gameworld":

-- The owner of the gameworld can go into the gameworld to see the progress even no single manager(s) owner in this gameworld. This is quite good because some manager actually like to watch the game rather than involve in the game.

-- Or can be also the custom gameworld manager(s) can be chosen to manage a soccer team or international; team or both. This is also quite good as some manager actually like to manage international team only.

-- The owner of the gameworld can choose to manage a external club. These external club can play only champion cup/shield match and friendly match only, and can not moderate the players transfers which is monitor by chairman only. Some manager may just like the style for less games like this.

-- The name of the Cup/Shield/Charity Shield name can be changed once in the custom gameworld.

-- The custom gameworld can be expended after each end of the season, for example a custom gameworld that have 20 team each Division and 3 total Division can choose to expand the gameworld (to 4 or 5 total Division) at the start of the season and the gameworld will expand at the start of next season.

Something for "Normal gameworld":

-- Reduce the maximum team players number to 40 include not more than 20 youth players.

-- Please remove those inactive manager that always log in once 20+ days...

-- Please close/merge those gameworld with less than 4 managers instead of 2...

Something for "Gold gameworld":

-- Reduce the maximum team players number to 50 include not more than 30 youth players.

-- Please be more serious on verbal bulling on the old gameworld feed...

Infuriating that people cant admin their own 'free' custom gameworld they received a while back. You build a world, get a small community to embrace it, but when it comes to admining it come the second season in, you cant

Please make the owner of the custom game world really owns it.

SM should do something like accounts cleaning up. Delete all inactive accounts that some of it used by the cheaters. If the accounts were inactive for about 6 months with lower reputation, maybe less than 100. In the multiple accounts report, cheaters usually have more than 2 accounts. So, enable us to report not just the two accounts, but any account associated with the cheaters.

Introduce the daily or weekly entrance limit for a game world. For example, every week only one new manager is allowed to join, unless the game world is newly created. Stop creating much new game worlds as it appears to be lonely, less competitive and become the cheaters hideout.

Please make the owner of the custom game world really owns it.

SM should do something like accounts cleaning up. Delete all inactive accounts that some of it used by the cheaters. If the accounts were inactive for about 6 months with lower reputation, maybe less than 100. In the multiple accounts report, cheaters usually have more than 2 accounts. So, enable us to report not just the two accounts, but any account associated with the cheaters.

Introduce the daily or weekly entrance limit for a game world. For example, every week only one new manager is allowed to join, unless the game world is newly created. Stop creating much new game worlds as it appears to be lonely, less competitive and become the cheaters hideout.

The way to deal decisively with cheats (& I have passed this to SM / SMFA) is:- 1) Cancel & reverse illegal transfers 2) Remove Managers 3) Close GW to all New managers for say 6weeks ... If they come back then repeat 1 & 2 & then 3b) Close GW to New Managers for 12weeks. Repeat ad-infinitum.... Puts cheats to a lot of trouble for little gain SM & Customers win :)

The way to deal decisively with cheats (& I have passed this to SM / SMFA) is:- 1) Cancel & reverse illegal transfers 2) Remove Managers 3) Close GW to all New managers for say 6weeks ... If they come back then repeat 1 & 2 & then 3b) Close GW to New Managers for 12weeks. Repeat ad-infinitum.... Puts cheats to a lot of trouble for little gain SM & Customers win :)

I like the idea, but you can't just close the gw from new managers. Maybe you were trying to get at, closing the gw from the cheating managers. But that would have to imply, that it's a custom, with private application. Maybe you are also talking about GC's or something of that nature, that SM run.

If that's the case, then SM will never do that. If it's GC's, they'll take GM days that are paid for, any day of the week, even if it is a cheater. But they can't know that, until further down the line, when caught.

They've got a judicial system, but just like any system, there are holes.

Even though my account on here is very fresh, I'm actually the one that started this thread, rio31. I got banned from the forum, for pushing too hard, on trying to change things. Left SM for a bit, because of that, because they treat managers/people, even the cheats, like poop. They don't like it when you call them out. Basically, why I started this thread, years ago.

A place to vent, hoping that they will see this complaints/ideas, and take some of them and run with it. But, nothing...

I know there have been a few ideas that have come from the forum, but that was back in the 2000s I feel. Once they got some new investors in a few years back, everything changed, imo, for the worse...

I like the idea, but you can't just close the gw from new managers. Maybe you were trying to get at, closing the gw from the cheating managers. But that would have to imply, that it's a custom, with private application. Maybe you are also talking about GC's or something of that nature, that SM run.

If that's the case, then SM will never do that. If it's GC's, they'll take GM days that are paid for, any day of the week, even if it is a cheater. But they can't know that, until further down the line, when caught.

They've got a judicial system, but just like any system, there are holes.

Even though my account on here is very fresh, I'm actually the one that started this thread, rio31. I got banned from the forum, for pushing too hard, on trying to change things. Left SM for a bit, because of that, because they treat managers/people, even the cheats, like poop. They don't like it when you call them out. Basically, why I started this thread, years ago.

A place to vent, hoping that they will see this complaints/ideas, and take some of them and run with it. But, nothing...

I know there have been a few ideas that have come from the forum, but that was back in the 2000s I feel. Once they got some new investors in a few years back, everything changed, imo, for the worse...

It doesn't have to start at say 6weeks, it could start at 6days or whatever.

The GW I'm in, is late in the first season, no one is joining now except about 8 or 9 cheats (1Guy it seems?) in last 6days. I think 3 have been removed by SM but as soon as they do another cheat replaces him next day & repeats the actions of the others. Buying off the main cheating club for appx twice the amount ie 54m for 28million player. Next day or so he sells his best player for basic value to the actual pound to the main club! All the cheating clubs Bids are accepted within basically 2 or 3mins, it's that obvious & blatant. No one has joined in the last few weeks at all other than cheats. They all repeat the same bids. If SMFA refuses the bid, someone else mirrors it & most of the time it gets accepted 2nd time.

SM will lose players who become dissillusioned probably forever, whereas 8 cheater clubs when the GW is totall won, will shrink to one! There is no gain for SM by supporting cheats only bankruptcy!

It doesn't have to start at say 6weeks, it could start at 6days or whatever.

The GW I'm in, is late in the first season, no one is joining now except about 8 or 9 cheats (1Guy it seems?) in last 6days. I think 3 have been removed by SM but as soon as they do another cheat replaces him next day & repeats the actions of the others. Buying off the main cheating club for appx twice the amount ie 54m for 28million player. Next day or so he sells his best player for basic value to the actual pound to the main club! All the cheating clubs Bids are accepted within basically 2 or 3mins, it's that obvious & blatant. No one has joined in the last few weeks at all other than cheats. They all repeat the same bids. If SMFA refuses the bid, someone else mirrors it & most of the time it gets accepted 2nd time.

SM will lose players who become dissillusioned probably forever, whereas 8 cheater clubs when the GW is totall won, will shrink to one! There is no gain for SM by supporting cheats only bankruptcy!

Believe me, all I want is for cheats to not be in the game.

Only thing I can recommend, is sending in Bug Tickets, every day, until one of them gets heard.

Don't be profane about it, or pushy, just say hey, this guy, and so and so, are cheating. Been trying to have them removed from this league, yada yada.

Another thing, you might just want to quit, if the owner of the GW, doesn't have private application on, Or if you are playing in a SM league, I would just quit, and not deal with it myself and move on, because yes, that will keep happening. Because they are open. Will never close.

I guess SM should verify all new accounts. Newbies should join in a game world like mini championship, and let them play for a month or till they reach trustable reputation.

The checklist for the newbies :

1 - Manage a club

2 - Set many different tactics

3 - Buy, sell and loan players

4 - Finish at least a season, all 38/34/30 games

5 - Consistent login like once in two days

Verified account?