The MLS (Reality Based GameWorld)

Geoffrey

mls_logo1-300x300.jpg

The Introduction

Major League Soccer has been one of the more interesting leagues in the World today. Obviously, It doesn't match up to the quality of the EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1, and Bundesliga but It is a league that is built on principles. In the MLS , Teams have salary caps, wage budgets, designated players, and develop homegrown talent. Not to mention, MLS Teams are also able to draft potential young stars into their teams with the MLS Super Draft. It is rapidly expanding with the additions of new teams such as the Montreal Impact, Vancouver Whitecaps, Seattle Sounders, and Philadelphia Union. I feel as if this league would be one of the perfect matches to wage budget,performance,designated players, transfer budget, and move restrictions. I believe that a custom MLS game world would provide forumers more competition, more enjoyment and uniqueness of the game of SM.

The Unique Rules

Note: All rules are subject to change!

120921-know-the-rules-handwritten-lg.jpg

1) Wage Budgets/Salary Caps: Budgets for MLS Teams will be implemented in this game world. This allows teams to be managed more astutely and actually be wary of their finances.

nba-salary-cap.png

2) The introduction of Designated players: Each team will be given a maximum of 3 designated players. These players have to be 30+ but ratings should be 88 and over. In order to buy a Designated player, It will go against your transfer budget.

8299_1321844251.jpg27_1357619750.jpg2460_1345982056.jpg

Nesta,Donovan, and Henry are real life designated players.

3) Annual MLS Draft : Each Team will be allowed to draft Under 21 players each season that are 87 or lower. Your draft position will be determined by your performances each season. The lower you finished in the league, the higher your pick.

Draft Rules

SuperDraft_2012_COL_jpg_large.jpg

4) Transfer Budget: Each Club will be given a specific amount by their chairman to use transfer funds. Teams can raise their transfer budgets by selling players but selling a player counts as a roster move.

budget_3.jpg

5) Roster Moves: Any changes to your squad such as signing players or selling players will count toward your roster moves. Each team is only allowed 6 roster moves so use them wisely.

6) Signing potential talents/scouting: MLS Teams are always looking to grow talent. Therefore, MLS Teams can sign any young players rated 78 and lower anywhere in the world to bolster their youth teams. However, these youth players wages will count towards your wage budget. You are allowed to invest to a maximum of 4 of these foreign youth players. Signing potential talents will not count towards your roster moves.

Season

Conclusion

This Game world turns the manager into a financial analyst, smart manager who uses his resources, follows a wage/transfer budget, and can invest in talents 78 rated and less. Teams will have a maximum of 6 transfer moves but signing youths 78 rated and less will not count. Each team is also only allowed to have a maximum of 3 designated players. You will also be tested on how you perform and the world is also based on tactics. At the beginning of each season, We will have an annual MLS draft in which all teams will be able to select players under 21 but 87 rated or less.

Season One

Season Two

Division 1 Rules

Division 2 Rules

So, are you interested?

61H48ov2w3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Interested so far:

1. Toronto FC- Justin X

2. Chivas USA –Ahish Dabral

3. Portland Timbers-Andres EFC

4. New England Revolution-BigGameMo

5. Philadelphia Union -Qualix

6. Colorado Rapids- iStupid

7. FC Dallas-Seth.Lark

8. Montreal Impact-Geoffrey

9. Vancouver Whitecaps-BroodRoosterNL

10. Columbus Crew-Hancock

11. Houston Dynamo- lukelufc

12. Los Angeles Galaxy- NapoliFan101

13. Seattle Sounders- Duffman

14. Chicago Fire-MUTD

15. Real Salt Lake -Gozzy

16. New York Red Bulls- Ozzy

17. D.C United- No manager

18. Sporting KC-IIR

19. San Jose Earthquakes-Vatreni United

20. Club Tijuana-Closer

Re: The MLS (Reality Based GameWorld)

Conclusion

This Game world turns the manager into a financial analyst' date=' smart manager who uses his resources, follows a wage/transfer budget, and can invest in talents 78 rated and less. Teams will have a maximum of 6 transfer moves but signing youths 78 rated and less will not count. Each team is also only allowed to have a maximum of 3 designated players. You will also be tested on how you perform and the world is also based on tactics. At the beginning of each season, We will have an annual MLS draft in which all teams will be able to select players under 21 but 87 rated or less.[/quote']

Just to wrap it all up this means that per season you have

• Transfer budget
  • Wage budget
  • 6 possible transfers
  • 5 possible 78 or lower U21 transfers
  • 1 draft pick depending on your previous league performances

And do we start with original MLS teams? (I guess handed out through a random draw)?

And is it going to be P/E or cash only (I guess the latter considering budgets?)

count me in!
Stick me in mate. Haven't had a MLS club yet and I fancy the challenge. :)
I'm in buddy................:D

Glad to have you guys in! :)

Just to wrap it all up this means that per season you have

• Transfer budget
  • Wage budget
  • 6 possible transfers
  • 5 possible 78 or lower U21 transfers
  • 1 draft pick depending on your previous league performances

And do we start with original MLS teams? (I guess handed out through a random draw)?

And is it going to be P/E or cash only (I guess the latter considering budgets?)

The transfer budget and wage budget will be interesting. I think I might need some help from you or Kevin (if he is interested) as you guys did start FFP.

All those rules are what has been put forth by me, but they are subject to change. :)

I will definitely randomly pick and I'll take it out of a cup! I hope you guys can trust me when It comes to the drawing of teams. In all honesty, it shouldn't really matter :).

I think P/E will be better due to the experience of customs when it's cash only such as Reality Check. So say for example, I sell Donovan (my designated player) in order to get Totti ( replaces Donovan as designated player). That will count as two transfer cards as you have gained a designated player while sold "one" to external.

Also , I feel P/E will benefit in the beggining as the budget wont be so high and due to the fact , It's easier to player exchange for another player. Also, the world wont stall and managers can make internal deals! :)

The transfer budget and wage budget will be interesting. I think I might need some help from you or Kevin (if he is interested) as you guys did start FFP.

All those rules are what has been put forth by me' date=' but they are subject to change. :)

I think P/E will be better due to the experience of customs when it's cash only such as Reality Check. So say for example, I sell Donovan (my designated player) in order to get Totti ( replaces Donovan as designated player). That will count as two transfer cards as you have gained a designated player while sold "one" to external. [/quote']

Considering wage budget and salary caps (though those are not possible in this game) are present in the NBA and I guess in MLS too (like in pretty much all US sports) I think we should definately include it yes. I'd gladly help you out mate, no problem at all.

Ah okay well that basically answers my question, personaly I don't think there should be too many possible transfers, but the way you present it that won't be possible considering every player involved in the deal counts as a roster move.

Considering wage budget and salary caps (though those are not possible in this game) are present in the NBA and I guess in MLS too (like in pretty much all US sports) I think we should definately include it yes. I'd gladly help you out mate' date=' no problem at all.

Ah okay well that basically answers my question, personaly I don't think there should be too many possible transfers, but the way you present it that won't be possible considering every player involved in the deal counts as a roster move.[/quote']

Yeah, in most North American Sports, the rosters aren't that huge :) unless you're talking about American Football.

I was thinking of somehow also making it more interesting by even allowing trading picks. With the introduction of drafting, I think It adds a whole new dimension to how teams approach the game.

What do you think of the Designated player feature?

Yeah' date=' in most North American Sports, the rosters aren't that huge :) unless you're talking about American Football.

I was thinking of somehow also making it more interesting by even allowing trading picks. With the introduction of drafting, I think It adds a whole new dimension to how teams approach the game.

What do you think of the Designated player feature?[/quote']

Can you define trading picks?

Designated player feature sounds really interesting, makes you think about which player you want to be your superstar and build your team around :)

Can you define trading picks?

Designated player feature sounds really interesting' date=' makes you think about which player you want to be your superstar and build your team around :)[/quote']

Scenario's: I'll trade you my draft pick this year for a future draft pick, and you also buy one of my players in order to fund my transfer budget. (Cash+Pick for Future Pick)

Another one is trading up for picks. (I have the first overall pick , and you have the third, We'll swap picks but you add something along with that pick)

You trade a designated player and a pick for my designated player and my pick.

About the designated player feature, should the restriction of age be lower?

Ah the MLS' date=' I'll definitely join. :)[/quote']
Count me in...
I would like to join if we can make it similar to the NBA ;)

Fantastic guys :D! I also love the fact we got two Americans in this as well!

As for the NBA, I'm sure Brood, you and I would love to somehow make it NBA-ish ( But, We still have to make it more like MLS) . Also, We have to factor in the danger that you might turn your MLS side into the Charlotte Bobcats ;)!

Fantastic guys :D! I also love the fact we got two Americans in this as well!

As for the NBA' date=' I'm sure Brood, you and I would love to somehow make it NBA-ish ( But, We still have to make it more like MLS) . Also, We have to factor in the danger that you might turn your MLS side into the Charlotte Bobcats ;)![/quote']

I'll PM you some ideas later on.

Wages means salary cap ;) lol