The MLS (Reality Based GameWorld)

Geoffrey

Re: The MLS (Reality Based GameWorld)

Holy you gave me a scare' date=' Get out. Just for that , you're not in :mad:.

Just kidding.

I'll post D1 later tonight. I am honestly so tired, guys..

The white text always does the trick. I think it become tradition for me to do it before a GW begins:o

The white text always does the trick. I think it become tradition for me to do it before a GW begins:o

LOL, yeah It does. I was like what....?

Btw , Guys how do you like put that green link for posts? Cause I want to make a link to these rules on the first page.

Alright, I'll come back in a few hours and do the D1 rules. Guy's , I'm actually swamped.

EDIT: i forgot to put the transfer budget and wage budgets, so ill add it tonight. Guys , if I dont do the D1 rules tonight, im sorry. I am really fatigued and I still got homework from school. I apologixe if it happens :/

Btw if you guys want some form of facebook group , then it's aight with me. Banter it up on the facebook group? But post your match reports on this thread?

Division 1 Rules

Los Angeles Galaxy

175px-Los_Angeles_Galaxy_logo.svg.png

Transfer Budget/Funds: 8.5 Million + sales

Wage/Salary Cap: 380,000K

• You are the most recognizable MLS Team in the world. As a result of the loss of Beckham, the board wants you to find a designated player who plays Midfield. (M or AM) This player will be only cost you ½ of his player value

• You cannot sell Donovan as He is Mr. U.S.A personified. The Board would also want to see him as captain in every game he plays. He must play 14 games.

• LA has just come off another MLS cup victory! The Board wants to invest an extra 1.5 million into your transfer funds.

• You should be in the top 3 of goals scored as you have the likes of Magee, Donovan, and Keane on your team.

• The Board expects you to finish in the Top 3 this season as you are the premier team in the MLS.

New York Red Bulls

200px-New_York_Red_Bulls_logo.svg.png

Transfer Budget/Funds: 9 Million + sales

Wage/Salary Cap: 390,000K

• New York Red Bulls is arguably the second most recognizable MLS Franchise in the world. The Board expects you to finish in the top 3.

• Thierry Henry cannot be sold as He is the face of the Red Bulls. He is expected to play in at least 14 games this season and must be named captain.

• With the departure of Marquez, the Board want you to sign a Designated Player that is a center back.

• You should be Top 3 in goals scored this year as you have the likes of Henry and Cahill on your team.

• Due to Thierry Henry’s affiliations with Arsenal, You can buy One Arsenal Player for ¾ their price ( Can be a designated player or normal player) and can reserve one Arsenal youngster.

San Jose Earthquakes

SanJoseEarthquakes_2008.png

Transfer Budget/Funds: 10 Million + sales

Wage/Salary Cap: 400,000K

• You cannot sell Wondolowski and He must play in 14 games this season. He was Top Scorer in the MLS Last season and the Board expects him to score a decent amount. He should be named Captain in every game he plays

• The Board would like you to bring in a designated player who can play in the midfield as they feel that the squad doesn’t have the best midfielders.

• The Board expects nothing more than a top 3 finish this season, you were sensational last year as you came first in your division and overall.

• Due to your partnership with Spurs, You are allowed to buy One Player from Spurs for ¾ their price (Can be a designated player or normal player), and you can also reserve one Spurs youth with no competition.

Kansas City

175px-Sportingkansascity.png

Transfer Budget/Funds: 9 Million + sales

• You had an amazing season last year coming in first place in the East and 2nd overall. The Board recognized that you’re not the strongest of teams in Division 1 and only demand a top 5 finish.

• The Board feels you need a recognized superstar. They want you to buy a Designated Player who can be in these Positions. ( DM,CM,AM,FWD,D© )

• Kei Kamara recently made a loan move to Norwich. The Board wants you to buy another forward and the player can be a normal player or designated player.

• Sporting KC has the best defence in MLS with only 27 goals let in. You cannot finish in the top 5 of goals scored upon in Division One.

• Due to your team being not as strong and lacking superstars, and because of your great finish to the season last year, the board would like to give you an extra 1 million to your transfer budget.

Chicago Fire

200px-Chicago_Fire_Soccer_Club.svg.png

Transfer Budget/Funds: 8.5 Million + sales

• Chicago had a great season last year as they finished 4th in the east and 6th overall. The Board wants you to have at least a top 6 finish.

• The Board feels you may need some extra midfielders and wants you to go out and buy a Superstar midfielder.

• You cannot sell Arne Freidrich as He is your best Defender. He must also be you captain and must play in at least 13 games this season.

• You cannot finish in the top 4 of goals scored upon you.

• Guillherme Franco is getting old and the Board want you to sell him. He can be used in a Player Exchange Deal or sold for straight cash.

Real Salt Lake

170px-Real_Salt_Lake_logo.png

Transfer Budget/Funds: 9 Million+ Sales

• You cannot sell Luis Gil. He is arguably one of United States top talents in Soccer. He must play in at least 4 games this season.

• The Board realizes that you are not the strongest in Division 1. However, they wnt you to at least have a top 7 finish.

• Real Salt Lake lacks a superstar and therefore the board wants you to invest in a Designated Player of any position, you are given an extra 500k to invest.

• Real Salt Lake cannot finish in the top 5 of goals scored upon in Division 1.

• Kyle Beckerman cannot be sold. He must play in 13 games this season.

Seattle Sounders

Seattle-Sounders-Logo.gif

Transfer Budget/Funds: 8.5 Million+ Sales

• Seattle us one of the strongest and up and coming teams in the MLS. Seattle has one of the best fan bases in the whole League. However, the board expects you to at least have a top 4 finish this season.

• You should finish in the top 4 in goals scored in Division One.

• Mauro Rosales and Alonso cannot be sold as they are the backbone of the Seattle Team.

• Zakuani must play in at least 6 games this season for Seattle.

• The Board feels that there is a great team in this squad but want a recognized superstar. The Board will fund you an extra 1 million also because you qualified for CONCACAF.

Houston Dynamo

225px-Houston_Dynamo_logo.svg.png

Transfer Budget/Funds: 8.5 Million+ Sales

• Huston is one of the MLS best and most successful teams. Last season was a decent year for the Dynamo but they expect you to at least finish in the top 6 this season.

• Brian Ching is one of the most seasoned veterans in MLS History The Board feels that He may be slowing down and would like you to replace him soon,. You must use him in a Player Exchange deal for a Designated Player. The Designated Player must be a forward.

• You were runner’s up in the playoffs last year. The Board feels that you lack the financial support that the likes of NY and LA have, The Board will gie you an extra 1 million due to your finish last6 year and to invest further intop the club.

• The Dynamo must not be in the top 4 of goals conceded and the the bottom 4 f goals scored.

• You cannot sell Brad Davis, He was fantaatic last year with 8 goals and 10 assists. The Board expects him to play at least 12 games and wants him to be captain in each game he plays.

D.C United

150px-DCUnited.png

• DC united has great season last year. They finished second in their conference and third overall and made it to the conference finals in the playoffs. The Board only expects a top 6 finish this year.

• De Rosario cannot be sold. He was MLS League MVP last year and is a MLS Legend. He must play in at least 14 games for United and must be captain in each game.

• The Board feels that D.C need to improve their defence. You cannot be in the top 4 of goals conceded.

• The Board feels that defensively, D.C United are not the strongest and therefore want you to get a defender or defensive midfielder. He can be either a designated player or normal player.

• The Board will give you an extra 1 million because of your playoff run and league success. You can use the 1 million anyway you like.

Club Tijuana

220px-Xolos-TJ.png

Wage/Salary Cap: 400,000K

• You are the newest club in the MLS. However, you have a strong squad and the board expects you to at least finish in the top 5.

• The Board want you to invest into a new superstar and the player can be any position you want. There was nothing wrong with your team because you were never in MLS last season and in Liga MX.

• You cannot sell Gandolfi due to him being your captain in your successful Liga MX campaign last year. He must play in at lest 12 games and must be named captain in every game.

• You cannot place in the bottom 3 in scoring goals.

• Club Tijuana was only found in 2007! Its time for you to make a mark in the MLS! The Board gas given you an extra 750,000 for your new job in the MLS.

General Rules

The Designated Player

del-piero-sydney-fc-juventus-41150_200x200.jpg

Del Piero is an example of a Designated Player

• Aged 30 and over

• Rating of 88 and over

Normal Players

Southamptons-Adam-Lallana-007-200x200.jpg

Adam Lallana is an example of a Normal Player

• Aged 23 and Older

• 86 rated and lower

Youth Players

max-meyer-portaet-schalke-04-youngster-talent-mainz-champions-league-p40-K0k3.jpg

Max Meyer is an example of a Youth Player

• 21 and younger

• Rated 78 and lower

• Limit of 4 each year

• Their wages don’t count to your transfer budget

• Buying a youth player does not count towards you move pool

The Move Pool ( A Limit of 6 moves each season)

Speed_limit.jpg

• Selling One player for cash counts as ONE MOVE

• Player Exchange for a Normal Player counts as ONE MOVE

• Player Exchange for a Designated Player counts as TWO MOVES ( 2 for 1 Player Exchange and 1 for 1 Player Exchanges both fall into this category)

IF YOU CHEAT, I WILL RIP OUT YOUR BALLS AND SHOVE IT IN YOUR MOUTH AND MAKE YOU INJEST IT AND THEN EXCRETE IT AND FORCE YOU TO EAT IT AGAIN. I KID, BUT DON'T YOU DARE. I WILL LOOK FOR YOU, I WILL FIND YOU, AND I WILL MOLEST YOU.

1331986508.png

So , don't cheat. :)

Great work Geoffrey. :)

How will the teams be distributed by any chance?

By the power vested in me (Most likely I'll just draw them out of a hat) :). I'll let people digest what they have just seen which is all the rules.

I will assign the teams tommorow to forumers. I'll give you guys two days to formulate your draft picks and such. On Thursday, It will be the deadline and the official draft. I reckon I'll ask Gozzy to help me with the draft. (Guys, the draft thread is in my sig). Then, On Saturday, I think the world can be created. But, I need to find 4k more of credits :o.

Anyways, Cya later guys! I am finally done these accursed rules. :)

Does anyone know how to put the green link for individual posts?

EDIT: I made these rules on Word first, and then I posted them on this thread. So, basically, I have put these rules and stuff on a USB and on a computer so if you guy's ever want to ask about previous season's rules, I will have them.

2) The introduction of Designated players: Each team will be given a maximum of 3 designated players. These players have to be 30+ but ratings do not matter. They can also be 23 and over but they have to be lower than an 88 rating. In order to buy a Designated player, It will go against your transfer budget.

I guess this has been removed correct?

As you have:

• Aged 30 and over

• Rating of 88 and over

• Limit of 3 Designated Players per Team

Which is more realistic to the MLS ;)

2) The introduction of Designated players: Each team will be given a maximum of 3 designated players. These players have to be 30+ but ratings do not matter. They can also be 23 and over but they have to be lower than an 88 rating. In order to buy a Designated player' date=' It will go against your transfer budget.

I guess this has been removed correct?

As you have:

Which is more realistic to the MLS ;)[/quote']

Yes I've removed that and I will remove it on that post.

Nice work Geof. Just 1 question:

What are the kind of players to be used in draft? Are they players currently engaged in MLS? Are they 23 aged' date=' 86 below ones? Are they designated player? Are they the youths? Or they can be anybody?[/quote']

Players We draft: Any player in the world 21 and under , 87 rated or less ( For example. With the first pick in the 2013 MLS Draft, Toronto FC select Paul Pogba from Juventus.)

i too diodn't get what type of players we are drafting and how many of them :o give us instructions mate

Look above, and only one.

Can you guys vm me if you're interested still? As I will be distributing the teams soon.

So far, I've only gotten NapoliFan, Brood, Justin, Closer,Ozzy , Steauska, iAwesome,IIR , Andres, Seth(In game), Geoffrey,and Kevin.

That's only 12/20 managers. I still require some form of communication from the likes of:

• TheMarAFC

• Gozzy

• Jkerrs

• Duffman

• MUTD

• Ahish dabral

• Qualix

• Hancock

EDIT: Qualix hasn't been on in 6 days... So I don't know what I will do there.

EDIT: Division One , Two, Draft Rules, and General Rules on the first page.

Alright Guys, I'm going to do the teams right now. It will take about 4 minutes for me to cut and place a name on a slip.

Each slip will be 2.1 Inches x 0.8 inches. I will place all the slips into the cup only until I have written them all. Before they will be entered, They will also be folded 2 times which will make the slip now .525 inches x 0.8 inches. This will block out the name of the slip.

Their will be two cups one for the team and one for the forumer.

I will shake up the cups each time I pick a team and a forumer's name. Thank you for your cooperation at this time. God Bless you all and may you have the team you want.

EDIT: It is now 11:09 and I have cut all the slips. Let's be honest here, I procastinated alot.