-JMH-

Gary NOEL - non league player kick starting his career in Austria

191942.jpg

Gary Noel

Date of birth: 07.03.1990

Height: 1,80

Nationality: England

Position: Striker - Centre Forward

Gary Noel is making a name for himself in Austria as a profilic striker.

He came though the youth ranks at Millwall and signed a 1 year pro deal in summer 2007. Things didnt work out and moved on to Dulwich Hamlet in summer 2008 and took in several years as a journeyman striker at lower league level up until July 2011. His playing record in England took him from Millwall to Lewes via Harrow Borough, Croydon Athletic, Thurrock & Carshalton Athletic.

In July 2011 he opted for a change of scenery. Aged 21, he put pen to paper for top side FC Admira Wacker's Amateur side, who play in the Regionial leagues of Austria (3rd tier). In his first campaign he was heavily featured in the first team, ending the season on 24 appearances, 12 as a starter but only returned 3 goals.

Summer 2012, he was granted a move to SV Schwechat, a side in the same division. He immediately became first choice forward and has really impressed this season. His club struggling in the bottom half, he has featured in all 16 games and returned 13 goals to date, including a hattrick against his former club Admira Amateure in late August 2012, which had him on 6 goals in the first 4 games of the new season...

brief match synopsis of that game from ligaportal.at

Admira fights

After Gary Noel had converts the penalty to 1:0, although the Admiralty fought with all available means, but the compensation would not jump out there. Despite a few chances to score the game ran more toward the Schwechat. "The sending off was of course the trend for this match. Admira has indeed defended really well, but we were better, "said Schwechat section chief Manfred Walzer.

The Gary Show

In the second half, then the appearance of Gary Noel. With its season hits five and six of the Schwechat striker made in minute 65 and 68 has a hat-trick. Recovered from this shock the hosts no longer, but came in stoppage time after all still to 1:3 by Bernhard Fucik. "In the second half of the Admiralty had then actually no more chances except being the last-minute hit. I am happy about this deserved victory, "said Waltz said after the match.

One to keep an eye on, a few more good seasons we may see him either plying his trade in higher divisions in Austria, or back on these shores in the professional ranks!

Taken from expat-blog.com, by Gary himself...

Gary

I am an expatriate.

I am English, and I am now living in Austria. I am currently in Vienna.

About me

Hey :) i moved to austria in 2011 to play professional football and still do it... I was born in london and lived there my whole life but i thought that i needed a change and try in other countries for football. Im fun, outgoing and just looking to enjoy life :)

My birthday is on 7 March

13.jpg

Re: Gary NOEL - non league player kick starting his career in Austria

Good spot-but not sure how good he would be as a prospect/investment type player. Schwechat are a in 12th position (in a 16 team table) with 20 points after 16 games so promotion looks a bit unlikely.

32 number of goals scored by whole team...

16 - number so far Gary Noel has! 50 % of the teams goals!

have had a shocking season, after picking up 16 points in first 8 games, Schwechat have only accumulated 6 more points in 17 matches!

But Gary has been a standout player, surely a bigger club will come in for him over the summer!

Is he on the database? Can't find him.

of course he isnt' date=' hence the section of the forum he is in - Found a Talent

Found a Talent

Found a talent? Tell everyone about a player not yet on the database.

;2563409']of course he isnt' date=' hence the section of the forum he is in - Found a Talent[/quote']

Yeah, but not everyone knows that 'found a talent' will likely mean he is not on the database. And certainly not when the guy only has 6 posts. 'Of course not' is not what we experienced forumers should be telling anyone new coming into the SM forums. I mean, people should be welcomed coming into any scouting post made as support.

latest news, scored 20 goals this season, and Gary has signed for Erste Liga club St Polten, who came 4th this season in the Austrian 2nd tier.

Could well be 1st choice, Polten sold there main striker (Daniel Lucas) back in January and struggled for goals since.

now he is playing for first vienna football club 1894, know for short just as vienna. they are leading the regionalliga east and have excellent chances to be promoted - again- into the "Erste Liga", the 2nd tier in austria. (The first one is the "Bundesliga".) So......let's go, Gary!!!!