Southern European ICON (The ICON Games)

southerneurpeanicon.png

iconsoutherneuropeangov.png

QUALIFICATION PROCEDURE

Only the League winners automatically qualify for a place in World ICON. Then an overall Points system is used to determine the remaining places.

In Southern European ICON, if you win the league in one of the 4 seasons, you automatically qualify for World ICON.

If a team who has already qualified for World ICON wins the league a second (or third, etc...) time, then no one automatically qualifies that season.

In the situation where less than 4 Nations have automatically qualified at the end of Season 4, an overall points system comes into play.

The Nation(s) that accumulated the highest amount of points across all four seasons that has not automatically qualified, gets the remaining qualifying place(s).

THE LINE-UP

albaniabanner.png

ALBANIA

FK Partizani

MANAGER : Anri

austriabanner.png

AUSTRIA

SK Austria

Manager : Dai Smout

croatiabanner.png

CROATIA

NK Lokomotiva

Manager : prince 88

greecebanner.png

GREECE

Olympiakos

Manager : Tranmere

italybanner.png

ITALY

Atletico Roma

Manager : MaoaM

portugalbanner.png

PORTUGAL

Sporting CP

Manager : Gusma

romaniabanner.png

ROMANIA

Steaua Bucuresti

Manager : TheMar Afc

serbiabanner.png

SERBIA

FK Partizan

Manager : gonich Iosova

slovakiabanner.png

SLOVAKIA

Slovan Bratislava

Interim Manager : drseanfitz

sloveniabanner.png

SLOVENIA

NK Olympija

Manager : Justin X

spainbanner.png

SPAIN

RCD Espanyol

Manager : Kevin Junior

switzerlandbanner.png

SWITZERLAND

FC Basel

Manager : QUALIX

AVERAGE CAPACITY: 36,284

theicongamesballs.png

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Southern European ICON (The ICON Games) hereandnow greetingsandwelcome when i first played a football management simulator, back in 1982, i folded away my Jamie Lee Curtis poster as i was hooke

Re: Southern European ICON (The ICON Games) Hello, let me introduce myself. My name is Gaz and I am the Manager of the side that you will all be looking upto this season.........resistance is futil

Re: Southern European ICON (The ICON Games)

hereandnow

greetingsandwelcome

when i first played a football management simulator, back in 1982, i folded away my Jamie Lee Curtis poster as i was hooked (now i wish it was splash-proof, as i'm unable to unfold it again..) yet, as the swallows swooped between my mothers undercroft, i realised something was missing..

in between playing 'submarines' in the bath (yes, both types..) i would interview myself with regards to the previous match and upcoming games. simply, what was lacking was communication.

now, we not only have the wish but the means. one may not be forgiven for thinking this epic custom has yet to begin, it starts here and it starts now..

The ICON Games has been brought to you by Gorbash and it falls to myself to administrate the sector through the four seasons of the qualifying process. i doubt my team will be up there at the end, just as many of yourselves will not either, but it will be one great ride and totally fun.

i can envisage pre or post game banter and gloating, crunch match commentary, media reports and articles, my wife is more massive than yours etc. basically, the most fun you can have with your clothes on (unless you use skype, in which case i'm calling the cops..)

although, a total no-no is breaking the rules. one must not field a player above the rating of eighty, and i will not accept any excuse. if this occurs then i well swap your weetabix for one of my submarines, the one that doesn't float and goes straight to the bottom (that said, not that you'd prefer the other sub either.. and that one goes straight to the bottom too..)

additionally, i only accept friendliness, fun, entertainment and enjoyment. the end is uncertain, but the fun starts here and now..

hereandnow

Haven't come across Dai too much on forum so far, but reading that post made me giggle. Hoping everyone on here sticks to rules and we play fair, this should be really good. I don't know if it was the best idea to make separate threads but still, hopefully this will be active enough, I know i'll do my bit and write up match reports and other articles. Good luck lads..Ohh and..

Come on Steaua , come on Romania.

DraculaStareResize.jpg

Slovan-Bratislava.jpg

Hello, let me introduce myself. My name is Gaz and I am the Manager of the side that you will all be looking upto this season.........resistance is futile so please, to keep things going along nicely.....just gimme your points:D I am that confident of winning every game that I will even tell you who to watch from my team so that we don't embarrass you too much when the goals are flying in! so here are 5 players to watch from my side

#1 Marian Had

I will build my tactics on his defence, and this is one reason why i will manage to achieve results against superior opposition. He will very impressive this season, is very strong in the air, and likes to come forward for set-pieces. Has played in Russia and Portugal but never quite made it abroad. Slovan can be very grateful for his services, and at 29 could still have a lot to offer.

#2 Jiri Kladrubsky

Signed last summer from Sparta Prague, Slovakia’s most expensive footballing import promised so much in his early performances for Slovan. Since then he has become almost anonymous and is really struggling to find his way bur watch out for a fierce long-distance shot. Kladrubsky rediscovering some shooting form will be one of Slovan’s few hopes of a goal.

#3Â Marko Milinkovic

Serbian attacking midfielder signed from MFK Kosice last year, Milinkovic was in good form early in the season, but then fell out of favour as Weiss took over the reigns. He seems to have rediscovered his form recently though, and is now a preferred starter and one of the few bright lights in an attack which has produced so very little in recent weeks.

#4 Filip Sebo

Everyone’s heard of him, he’s by far the most famous player at Slovan. Couldn’t stop scoring goals at the end of last season, but unfortunately is now starting to demonstrate why he never quite made it in any of Europe’s bigger leagues. Turned down a transfer to Hannover to stay at Slovan this season, at least he still gets regular first team football. Will run all night, but unfortunately almost always chasing lost causes as Slovan try to create something with Sebo as the single striker. Another chance for him to produce something at the highest level, let’s see what he can do.

#5 Karim Guede

Recently gained his Slovak citizenship and has featured in the sorry end to Slovakia’s Euro 2012 qualfying campaign. Along with Sebo, won’t stop running, is very physical, collects and distributes a lot of ball from the back of midfield. Strong runs forward, and scores his fair share of goals. French-speaking, of Togolese origin, Slovan will need Guede’s absolute best to qualify. Possibly starting to feel the effect of so much being put on his shoulders by Manager Gaz, but Guede will be one of the best players

I look forward to beating you all :D

Slovan-Bratislava.jpg

Hello' date=' let me introduce myself. My name is Gaz and I am the Manager of the side that you will all be looking upto this season.........resistance is futile so please, to keep things going along nicely.....just gimme your points:D I am that confident of winning every game that I will even tell you who to watch from my team so that we don't embarrass you too much when the goals are flying in! so here are 5 players to watch from my side

[/color']

#1 Marian Had

I will build my tactics on his defence, and this is one reason why i will manage to achieve results against superior opposition. He will very impressive this season, is very strong in the air, and likes to come forward for set-pieces. Has played in Russia and Portugal but never quite made it abroad. Slovan can be very grateful for his services, and at 29 could still have a lot to offer.

#2 Jiri Kladrubsky

Signed last summer from Sparta Prague, Slovakia’s most expensive footballing import promised so much in his early performances for Slovan. Since then he has become almost anonymous and is really struggling to find his way bur watch out for a fierce long-distance shot. Kladrubsky rediscovering some shooting form will be one of Slovan’s few hopes of a goal.

#3Â Marko Milinkovic

Serbian attacking midfielder signed from MFK Kosice last year, Milinkovic was in good form early in the season, but then fell out of favour as Weiss took over the reigns. He seems to have rediscovered his form recently though, and is now a preferred starter and one of the few bright lights in an attack which has produced so very little in recent weeks.

#4 Filip Sebo

Everyone’s heard of him, he’s by far the most famous player at Slovan. Couldn’t stop scoring goals at the end of last season, but unfortunately is now starting to demonstrate why he never quite made it in any of Europe’s bigger leagues. Turned down a transfer to Hannover to stay at Slovan this season, at least he still gets regular first team football. Will run all night, but unfortunately almost always chasing lost causes as Slovan try to create something with Sebo as the single striker. Another chance for him to produce something at the highest level, let’s see what he can do.

#5 Karim Guede

Recently gained his Slovak citizenship and has featured in the sorry end to Slovakia’s Euro 2012 qualfying campaign. Along with Sebo, won’t stop running, is very physical, collects and distributes a lot of ball from the back of midfield. Strong runs forward, and scores his fair share of goals. French-speaking, of Togolese origin, Slovan will need Guede’s absolute best to qualify. Possibly starting to feel the effect of so much being put on his shoulders by Manager Gaz, but Guede will be one of the best players

I look forward to beating you all :D

Unfortunately four of them are rated above 80 :rolleyes:

big yellowand morebig yellow

little yellowandhowdies

great to see y'all (or, in Wales, they would say something like hello boyo, how you doing flower?..)

in answer to a previous concern, yes, i was the Sector Governor (wow, sounds like something i could yelp out during appropriate quality personal time..) whom requested, and achieved, individual threads for the various sectors. well, actually, that's a lie, i just wanted a separate space for my own..

basically, without such, i couldn't ensure us twelve would (win or lose) have a great time over the next few months. in the great scheme of things, if it were just one parental thread, no one would care about you, your team or your result.. but, here and now, all you say, feel or accomplish means everything. if, by the end of season four (regardless of position) you just don't want it to end then, well, i will have done my job..

i have been a member of Soccer Manager from whence it began in 2006 and have had over one hundred and fifty of my suggestions, ideas, features and bug fixes implemented since. yet community has always remained at the forefront and, without communication, one may as well ditch online games and just play with themselves (ahem, in that respect, garryc300 usually does..)

i, for one, am greatly looking forward to meeting, competing and beating you all. okies, two out of the three will suffice, but just the first is best beyond measure..

let the games begin.. (with big yellow and more big yellow..)

hereandnow

Hey! Hey! Hey! May I have your attention please!

The leader of the Strongest Army of Footballers:rolleyes::confused: and also The BEST IN THE WORLD is here. All the oldies, the young chaps, the babydolls:D, the submarine holders(yeah that one), the one with Sinking Submarine(which Dai gave to Gaz:D) & the ones with a bunny(my rabbit's name is Bacardi & he's a non-vegetarian), I am Justin X, this is Southern Europe & its the most difficult GW among all the others. Enjoy your time here, Dai Smout(one of the greatest forumer) is here to entertain us with his garryC. I wish you all Good Luck and Beware of Gusma, he makes extraordinary squads. Rest are Anri, Marc AFC, Gaz, Qualix, Kevin, Tranmere(defeated them all already:cool:) & yet to be faced are Prince88, Dai & Maoam(don't worry I'll defeat you too;))...... Sir Gonich, can you come up with any of your enthusiastic war stories here too. Would be fun.:)

Nice to share space with you all.

Naj Zivi Slovenija

45630597_slovenia_home2_512x2881.jpg

Empty squads and 25million budget' date=' as stated in the rules in The ICON Games - News Feeds first page. :rolleyes:[/font']

haha maybe you should put more pictures in the stuff you want people to read:D

Oh no garry is on my group :eek:

yaaaaaaaaaaaas there's my first points in the bag!

Ahh lads' date=' read the f-ing rules :P[/quote']

sorry but you know your sister demands my full attention;)

Hey! Hey! Hey! May I have your attention please!

The leader of the Strongest Army of Footballers:rolleyes::confused: and also The BEST IN THE WORLD is here. All the oldies' date=' the young chaps, the babydolls:D, the submarine holders(yeah that one), the one with Sinking Submarine(which Dai gave to Gaz:D) & the ones with a bunny(my rabbit's name is Bacardi & he's a non-vegetarian), I am Justin X, this is Southern Europe & its the most difficult GW among all the others. Enjoy your time here, Dai Smout(one of the greatest forumer) is here to entertain us with his garryC. I wish you all Good Luck and Beware of Gusma, he makes extraordinary squads. Rest are Anri, Marc AFC, Gaz, Qualix, Kevin, Tranmere(defeated them all already:cool:) & yet to be faced are Prince88, Dai & Maoam(don't worry I'll defeat you too;))...... Sir Gonich, can you come up with any of your enthusiastic war stories here too. Would be fun.:)

Nice to share space with you all.[/i']

Naj Zivi Slovenija

]

Justin X I cannot wait to play your team :D

talkthetalk?

walkthewalk

super, smashing, great. most happy to meet you all. big humour, big banter and big talk.

although, with all the burden of powers that the Sector Governor of Southern Europe entails, i announce with great regret (ahem) that, of this moment, all banter is henceforth banned in this thread. you only have yourselves to blame and the matter is closed.

or is it..

if you talkthetalk then you must walkthewalk..

because there is a clause.. if one is to make a claim then one should back it up with a forfeit. thus, care to bet on being one of the four qualifying teams from this sector? then you should promise to publish a recording of an embarrassing video clip making a jkeroff of yourself if it doesn't happen to be the case.

suggestions are..

|dancing to the birdie song, locomotion or that korean thing

|using a lamppost to scratch your bum

|voluntary tourettes in a public place

naturally there are several others but one must select their worst. as my mother once said, there is no gain without the threat of pain. well, she didn't quite state as such, just the pain part, and even that was basically 'i'm going to beat you boy'. 'unless you drag yourself across the floor like a dog on heat..'

luckily for me it was a hobby of mine.. anyway, like Claire Rainer said, we must press on. i'm looking forward to hearing from you further and meeting those whom have not yet posted.

as for what the future holds regarding my forthcoming posts? well, my lips are sealed (Claire Rainer also said that too..)

and as for when the fun starts? you know the answer..

hereandnow

talkthetalk?

walkthewalk

super' date=' smashing, great. most happy to meet you all. big humour, big banter and big talk.

although, with all the burden of powers that the [i']Sector Governor[/i] of Southern Europe entails, i announce with great regret (ahem) that, of this moment, all banter is henceforth banned in this thread. you only have yourselves to blame and the matter is closed.

or is it..

if you talkthetalk then you must walkthewalk..

because there is a clause.. if one is to make a claim then one should back it up with a forfeit. thus, care to bet on being one of the four qualifying teams from this sector? then you should promise to publish a recording of an embarrassing video clip making a jkeroff of yourself if it doesn't happen to be the case.

suggestions are..

|dancing to the birdie song, locomotion or that korean thing

|using a lamppost to scratch your bum

|voluntary tourettes in a public place

naturally there are several others but one must select their worst. as my mother once said, there is no gain without the threat of pain. well, she didn't quite state as such, just the pain part, and even that was basically 'i'm going to beat you boy'. 'unless you drag yourself across the floor like a dog on heat..'

luckily for me it was a hobby of mine.. anyway, like Claire Rainer said, we must press on. i'm looking forward to hearing from you further and meeting those whom have not yet posted.

as for what the future holds regarding my forthcoming posts? well, my lips are sealed (Claire Rainer also said that too..)

and as for when the fun starts? you know the answer..

hereandnow

I agree to everything said here except the birdie song or the Korean dance thingy as I cannot dance! Slovakia will finish top 4 B)