Southern European ICON (The ICON Games)

Gorbash

Re: Southern European ICON (The ICON Games)

I'll aply to whatever is available. Where do I put my dick name?

hello man' date='

whilst i manage the sector, it is hosted by the doc. i'll pass the details to himself.

note| don't field a player above an 80 rating, or i'll bone your cat..[/color']

a little premature to consider it a flop (holy.. 'little', 'premature' and 'flop' all in just one sentence - not phrases any man likes to hear.. :eek: )

i have spoken with said manager previously, following his concern with regards to retaining interest, in which he responded well and certainly did try to continue (of such i am grateful. he, like every person here, has been both a credit and a pleasure.) yet, i'm unable to disagree that such a game world lacks immediacy.

i, of course, stepped in at the last moment to assist with ICON and had no input with regards to its structure. that said, i should also add that the game world details were available from the very start and it has always been clear that (to ensure the ICON WC is highly competitive) the qualification stages would entail extended length (a phrase every man likes to hear.. :P )

additionally, a game world is only as good as its members. the more we put in, the more we get out. i appreciate it can be a bit tough going yet, and i ask every member here, with a little effort regarding additional posts (match reports, banter and general communication etc) we can ensure greater competition and enjoyment.

additional| if you know someone whom may be interested then recommendations for membership here are most welcome.

Les Parry steered Olympiacos to victory against Sporting CP.

Olympiacos beat Sporting CP 4 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Glykos had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Vasiliou and Dounis were amongst the goalscorers.

Exciting start for Greece, 1st place alongside Italy with 18 points, lets hope we can keep it up! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to apologize that I haven't been here for a long time. I weren't able to log in because my computer was broken, well I could have found a way to log in for sure but I had some problems in my personal life too that I don't want to really discuss, so again I'm really sorry about this. Sadly I won't play this game anymore, because I have to get my life sorted first and then I have to go to the army.

I apologize and good luck for you all.

• 2 weeks later...

Les Parry earned a draw with Olympiacos against Sporting CP.

Olympiacos dominated much of the play against Sporting CP but could only manage a 2 - 2 draw in their Division 1 fixture.

Vasiliou scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ballas was also on the scoresheet for his side

Greece are champions of the Southern European ICON...see you in the Finals :D :D

greece-euro-champions-team-victory-photo.jpg

iconeurope|south

seasontwoupdate

howdies. firstly, my apologies for the lack of recent contact. during the previous three weeks i had (not one but five..) RL issues to contend with. bonkers family..

anyway, with season two nearing its end, the second qualifying team of our sector will soon be announced. although, unfortunately, the current table may not be all that it seems as there were several instances of managed teams using illegible players this season. thus, due to this, the penalty adjustments need to be calculated before the current leading team is officially announced as the rightful qualifiers.

also, as you may know, the previous manager whom qualified has unfortunately had to leave the game. thus, in his position, the next qualifying team from season one will be taking his place. although (and i am still cringing about this..) this happens to be me.. (my team came second - losing on GD) and i've been dreading mentioning this!.. :eek:

it's a shame that a number of managers, due to various reasons, have had to leave the sector/game this season. therefore, if you have friends or know of a manager whom is interested in joining then please contact me in the first instance.

anyway, as always, i wish you all the best of luck and have fun.

hereandnow

• 2 weeks later...

iconeurope|south

seasontwoend

with season two complete, a second manager has now qualified for the ICON World Cup.

as you will be aware, the table does not show the true final standings of the teams. there were many instances of naughty players being fielded this season and, thus, adjustments are made to reflect such. this resulted in some managers/teams being deducted ten points, whilst others being awarded three (one team got +4, me!)

yet, not that this altered the final outcome and, following an excellent season, les parry of olympiacos easily qualified for the finals. well done mr parry, top job!

there are several spaces available within the sector, thus, if you have friends or know of a manager whom is interested in joining then please contact me in the first instance (although it's easier for us all if they don't! ;) )

best of luck for the new season and have fun :)

dai smout

hereandnow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...