Southern European ICON (The ICON Games)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Southern European ICON (The ICON Games) hereandnow greetingsandwelcome when i first played a football management simulator, back in 1982, i folded away my Jamie Lee Curtis poster as i was hooke

Re: Southern European ICON (The ICON Games) Hello, let me introduce myself. My name is Gaz and I am the Manager of the side that you will all be looking upto this season.........resistance is futil

Re: Southern European ICON (The ICON Games)

Kevin V. was unable to prevent a RCD Espanyol defeat to Atletico Roma.

RCD Espanyol slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Atletico Roma in their Southern European ICON (The ICON Games) Shield Semi Final fixture.

Oh well :(

hi guys.

I'm in short term until a permanent replacement is found

following the departure of one of our managers' date=' sean has kindly stepped in to ensure the team doesn't automatically select 80+ players. this is a temporary measure until a replacement is found, many thanks to sean for his assistance.

Kevin V. steered RCD Espanyol to victory against Steaua Bucureşti.

RCD Espanyol beat Steaua Bucureşti 3 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Mejías had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Pacheco and Miquel were amongst the goalscorers.

About time.

hereandnow

squeakybumtime

well, for the top two teams anyway. just one match remains in the first season of our sector, and what a season it has been. barely anything separated the teams, even after many games, and the table remained tight until the final third of the season. obviously the quality of managers and managing is most apparent, and made for the most enjoyable of all sectors.

again, we owe our thanks to drseanfitz whom not only sponsored this sector (ie paid for it) but also administrated its creation and the invitational process. additionally, he has further assisted by stepping in as a temporary manager when a side had been left unmanaged. top stuff sean, many thanks.

there are a couple of issues to discuss with regards to the rules of this game world. obviously, as no doubt you are all aware, there have been a number of ineligible players being used this season (five league matches in total.) i have contacted the appropriate managers following each occurrence and am completely satisfied they were purely accidental. actually, in every instance they were more sorry or annoyed than their opponents and fully accepted the consequences (fair play to them and to all the other managers of the sector.)

although, action is required and for each league match that one or more ineligible players are used have/will result in a 3-0 win for their opponent (this will only apply to games involving two human managers.) fortunately, this will not have any affect upon the qualifying team this season.

additionally, as the criteria for qualification only involves league games, there is no penalty for using a player rated over 80 in any cup/competition fixture. therefore, a manager may decide to use such players (and 'rest' their league players) freely as desired. obviously it's in their best interests to remember to swap them back though (i just sell such players asap, i don't trust my memory..!)

anyway, i'm sure you're all fully aware of just how fickle the match engine can be and a poor showing this season could just as easily develop into an all conquering side the next. thus, how was this season for you? are you financially happy? what about your current squad, does it need major strengthening? will you be employing new tactics? how wisely did you spend your £30 million? what are your team worth now? which flavour crisps are the best?

have fun :)

dai smout

Sector Governor, Southern European Division, the ICON Games - hell, i've read shorter recipes..

hereandnow

41647_100001711080011_1891_q.jpg

Final Report

At the start of the season, nobody including the myself thought we could dominate the sector & give a real fight for tittle in the very 1st season. The squad was called a youth squad as it had just 15 players below 21. But in the mid season & the finla 4 rounds, Olimpija did made an impact. We reached up to 2nd spot & were just 2 points behind the league leaders when an undesired result came in. The league leaders SK Austria gave a hault to our winning run. After that the miraclous SC Portugal, climbing up out of nowhere also gave us the same fate & we were forced to accept that we are done for this season.

But after some rising in the rating of Sturna & Sporar & with the signing of Zec, there is nothing more to be done for next season as we already have a quality squad. Though the chairman injected 10M cash in my bag, I think that I don't need that. So guys, I'm done for this season, we'll meet in the next season. Till then, enjoy the battle for the ultimate glory of Southern Sector.;)

Had a riser for Italy today.

Federico Ceccherini 76 -> 80 :D

Italy will also sign three new players after tonights game against Croatia, with Paolo Frascatore (80 LB/LM), Loris Damonte (80 CM/RM) and Aiman Napoli (80 RM/LM/CF) joining for a combined fee of £6million.

Does anything happen for finish fourth' date=' or we continue to the next season?[/quote']

well you're quite welcome to print yourself a t-shirt or perhaps buy a little cup etc stating 'I came 4th' :P yet, apart from the champions (or first applicable team), final standings in each season do not impact any other.

although, importantly, each match that an ineligible player(s) is used the result is deemed a 3-0 win for their opponent. therefore, whilst a team may have finished as champions, it could mean that another team qualifies in their place due to the 'amended' results.

additionally, if the champions have already qualified in a previous season, then the next available team is granted qualification instead (again, depending upon 'amended' results.)

note| the re-calculation of the table, due to the automatic 3-0 results awarded this season, did not affect the outcome and the Champions have now qualified for the finals.

well you're quite welcome to print yourself a t-shirt or perhaps buy a little cup etc stating 'I came 4th' :P yet' date=' apart from the champions (or first applicable team), final standings in each season do not impact any other.

although, importantly, each match that an ineligible player(s) is used the result is deemed a 3-0 win for their opponent. therefore, whilst a team may have finished as champions, it could mean that another team qualifies in their place due to the 'amended' results.

additionally, if the champions have already qualified in a previous season, then the next available team is granted qualification instead (again, depending upon 'amended' results.)

note| the re-calculation of the table, due to the automatic 3-0 results awarded this season, did not affect the outcome and the Champions have now qualified for the finals.

As an Arsenal fan I expect something good for coming 4th :(

The t-shirt sounds like a good idea though :P

It was really tight season. I think I was bit lucky to win it in the end' date=' but winning 7 and drawing 2 in my last 9 games made it happen, so I'm happy
:D

thanks[/center']

So this says that your job is done. All you've now got to do is enjoy your time.;)

• 2 weeks later...

ICONeurope|south > season two

iconeurope|south

totalandutter..

i've just about come to terms with managing to lose the title in season one and, therefore, been able to face writing another post.

whilst residing at the top of the table for a substantial period of time, not only did i face defeat in both remaining matches but also failed simply due to a goal difference of one. hmm, bummer..

painful as it was, all credit to Gaspar Senka whom, due to his excellent performance, now see Sporting CP qualify for the ICON World Cup.

i remind members that the use of an ineligible player will result in a 3-0 win for their opponent (this will only apply to games involving two human managers.) although, as the criteria for qualification only involves league games, there is no penalty for using a player rated over 80 in any cup/competition fixture. therefore, a manager may decide to use such players (and 'rest' their league players) freely as desired. obviously it's in their best interests to remember to swap them back though (i just sell such players asap, i don't trust my memory..)

season one had been most enjoyable and i thank all for their contributions here. i certainly hope this season, the matches, and your voices here on our forum continues in the same manner.

good luck to all in season two and have fun :)

dai smout

bet i do rubbish now..

hereandnow

Italy 2-0 Slovakia

Italy kicked off the second qualifying campaign with a win over Slovakia. Last seasons Italian player of the season Piccolo opened the scoring in the 43rd minute. Comi wrapped up the game in the 62nd minute after he converted a penalty. Comi's night ended in dissapointed after recieving a second yellow card miutes after his goal.