New World ICON (The ICON Games)

newworldicon.png

iconnewworldgovernor.png

QUALIFICATION PROCEDURE

The League winners automatically qualify for a place in World ICON. Then an overall Points system is used to determine the remaining places.

In New World ICON, if you win the league in one of the 4 seasons, you automatically qualify for World ICON.

If a team who has already qualified for World ICON wins the league a second (or third, etc...) time, then no one automatically qualifies that season.

In the situation where less than 4 Nations have automatically qualified at the end of Season 4, an overall points system based on finishing league position comes into play.

Each team will be assigned 1a points total dependent on each season's final league position.

Bonus Points given for Cup Success.

New World ICON (The ICON Games) Division 1 -

Finish 1st - AUTOMATIC QUALIFICATION

Finish 2nd - 10 points

3rd - 9

4th - 8

5th - 7

6th - 6

7th - 5

8th - 4

9th - 3

10th - 2

11th - 1

Finish 12th - NO POINTS

New World ICON (The ICON Games) Cup -

Winners - 5 points

Runner Up - 3

Semi Finalist - 1point

New World ICON (The ICON Games) Shield -

Winners - 5 Points

Runner Up - 3

Semi Finalist - 1point

The Nation(s) that accumulated the HIGHEST amount of points across all four seasons that has not automatically qualified, gets the remaining qualifying place(s).

In the event of points scores being tied where they matter, the team that managed the highest league position on any season. If still tied, then the team that had more points accumulated over the course of all 4 seasons will advance.

THE LINE-UP

- - - - QUALIFIED - - - -

argentinabanner.png

ARGENTINA

Rosario Central

Argentina qualified for the World ICON Game World on June 9th 2013 when they were confirmed as the winning Nation of NEW World ICON Season 1.

Manager : Ghora

- - - - QUALIFIED - - - -

boliviabanner.png

BOLIVIA

La Paz

Manager : yamil Mc

brazilbanner.png

BRAZIL

Corinthians

Manager : Gorbash

canadabanner.png

CANADA

Toronto FC

Manager : Geoffrey

chilebanner.png

CHILE

Colo Colo

Manager : sonofpluto

columbiabanner.png

COLOMBIA

Cucuta

Manager : Ryans Tornado

hondurasbanner.png

HONDURAS

Marathon

Manager : Vacant

mexicobanner.png

MEXICO

Tigres

Manager : Scrooll

paraguaybanner.png

PARAGUAY

Sportivo Luqueno

Manager : Hannah B

perubanner.png

PERU

Real Garcilaso

Manager : SM Mod (Tony)

usabanner.png

USA

Seattle Sounders

Manager : Duncan

uruguaybanner.png

URUGUAY

Cerro Largo

Manager : ryangal1982

AVERAGE CAPACITY: 37,551

theicongamesballs.png

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: New World ICON (The ICON Games) I found Duncan's american fans !

Re: New World ICON (The ICON Games) I have just sprayed the wall with coffee in disgust when I spluttered at the sight of that that that thing' date=' I was going to bed but I do not want that biffe

Re: New World ICON (The ICON Games) Perhaps the picture of the lovely lady below Duncan's post is more voluptuous and more in tune with your taste then.

Re: New World ICON (The ICON Games)

...and this is my place to write you all a nice introduction....

Welcome to 'New World ICON'

This is the thread for the managers of the Nations of the 'New World ICON' Sector of 'The ICON Games', namely the Nations of The Americas.

Got a good crop of managers in here, a nice range of new names to seasoned veterans. Should be interesting, only 4 of us will qualify, please see the first post to see how that is done and get back to me if you need clarification or have questions about absolutely anything about this Sector or how it is being run.

Good luck to you all and let's get the mind games and good humoured banter underway!

Hello there, fellow managers of nations from The New World. Some big names in this qualification group and looking like it could be one of the harder groups to qualify from.

My in game name is Ryan Gallagher (often confused with the similar Ryan Grosvenor - and just to confuse you all we are both in this qualifier). Some of you I have competed against before, some of you it shall be the first time our swords will cross.

Delighted to be selected to compete in Soccer Manager's first ever The ICON Games and was equally delighted to draw Uruguay as the nation I aim to take all the way to ICON glory (much like the first ever World Cup).

Let me wish you all the best of luck for The ICON Games and soon may it begin!

looks like an interesting lineup;)

managed/played against all in here before bar yamil & gorbash

so yeah with the spirit of nobby solano(of course i know he's not actually dead) on my side peru's got this at a canter:D

maybe in the past but now with nobby and his trumpet anythings possible for the boys from peru

tyuq.jpg

Nobby what a legend. A true professional' date=' played for the love of the game and not for the money like the money grabbing twonks of today.[/size']

I dont like this automatic qualification for the season winner. It'll mean a few 'one season wonders' will make it to the finals and also for some of them the gameworld will get boring once they qualify for finals. It can be very harsh on some consistent performers who may finish in top three each season but still fails to make the cut. IMO the winners should get a few extra points for each season rather than qualify directly.

I'd suggest the following points structure :

winner gets 15 points, 12 for runners up, 10 points for third, 8 points for 4th then 7,6,5,4, ... and the bottom placed team getting zero points.

This points pattern is a bit similar to what they use in Moto GP or in F1.

As for cup points keep it as it is. No issues there.

This makes sure the season winner gets a decent advantage and nobody qualifies quickly thus making the game world more engaging and intriguing for all till the end of 4th season when the top 4 consistent players will reach the finals deservingly.

I dont like this automatic qualification for the season winner. It'll mean a few 'one season wonders' will make it to the finals and also for some of them the gameworld will get boring once they qualify for finals. It can be very harsh on some consistent performers who may finish in top three each season but still fails to make the cut. IMO the winners should get a few extra points for each season rather than qualify directly.

I'd suggest the following points structure :

winner gets 15 points' date=' 12 for runners up, 10 points for third, 8 points for 4th then 7,6,5,4, ... and the bottom placed team getting zero points.

This points pattern is a bit similar to what they use in Moto GP or in F1.

As for cup points keep it as it is. No issues there.

This makes sure the season winner gets a decent advantage and nobody qualifies quickly thus making the game world more engaging and intriguing for all till the end of 4th season when the top 4 consistent players will reach the finals deservedly.[/quote']

I need a quick decision on this. One way or another. What do the rest of you think. Not a good thing that this has only been brought up now!!

On news of a more brighter note -

You are currently in position 1 in the Custom Game World creation queue. Up to 4 Game Worlds are created every hour between 09:00 and 20:00 Game Time (GT).

Want an invite to New World ICON anybody???????

I need a quick decision on this. One way or another. What do the rest of you think. Not a good thing that this has only been brought up now!!

On news of a more brighter note -

Want an invite to New World ICON anybody???????

Could be a bit late in the day to be looking at changes, I'm happy anyway we do it.

My game account is

hannah barker (304) gold

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaaxBF53MSgVCxQJzkBTp7fUFj0qrK67SKalbC9-DRIjxXcjD3Dw

Duncan William Gibbons the new manager of SEATTLE SOUNDERS !

seattle.jpg

The new managers of Sounders has issued a warning to any of his competition, he isnt going to go easy on his enemies, no holds barred all onslaught mentality.

150px-Seattle_Sounders_FC.svg.png

Founded: 2007

Ground: CenturyLink Field

Capacity: 38 500 (67 000)

Nicknames: The Sounders, Rave Green

Official Website: http://www.soundersfc.com/

Home Kit

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShw0nnbEXUjqqqek9iWFWcio3XeHHIWQ4sNSciEO0Mg6gY_3MS

Away Kit

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMom__qyHE639BActzX0j87nESCWYwC_kZl9vCkyOw32FAJLa-

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmB4gvgHsuKrcSjoeJYv9bRxWwlSps2uCBL20iR5bcFLEUjG-P

Just been thinking........Ghora does have a point.

Let's say I win the first season (like i will :)) then iv got three season with nothing to play for.

Some overall points structure may work better than the league winner every season qualifying.

Anymore views ? Don't be shy boys.

Hey :D Colombia here! Great crop of managers on here' date=' looking forward to the challenge!

As for the debate on qualification, I think the overall points structure would work better, rather than automatic qualifiers. It would keep everyone interested throughout.[/quote']

The way we have it set people are worried that the managers that qualify will not give their all once qualified. If I win it, I will do whatever I can to win it again, regardless. I don't know all of you but I hope we all have that same attitude. If someone does win it a second/third time, then the points does come into play.

People across the board seem to be not understanding the fact that if you solely rely on a points system, while the leading Nations will never be accused of not caring because they are already through, do you not see the potential for the lesser teams to grow disillusioned with life if they are let's say 15 points behind after 2 or 3 seasons. What is the motivation for them for the latter stages? In the automatic qualification route, EVERYONE that hasn't qualified already still has an even chance of qualification in Season 4 even of they have done poorly previously. That is the way to be no? Reward Champions and otherwise give EVERYONE an even chance?

Plus, While I don't discredit any method of doing it and I think it is a grand consensus that every method had pro points and con points, I actually encourage all Sectors to have different methods to qualify. I like a little above board controversy and talking points and should there ever be the need for 'The ICON Games II' possibly down the road we could enter those discussions a little more seasoned as we would have seen first hand how each method worked.

So I ask at this point, can we leave when is written in the first post as is for this Sector, and see as it progresses as time goes on?

I really don't think that there is a right or wrong way to play this.

People across the board seem to be not understanding the fact that if you solely rely on a points system' date=' while the leading Nations will never be accused of not caring because they are already through, do you not see the potential for the lesser teams to grow disillusioned with life if they are let's say 15 points behind after 2 or 3 seasons. What is the motivation for them for the latter stages? In the automatic qualification route, EVERYONE that hasn't qualified already still has an even chance of qualification in Season 4 even of they have done poorly previously. That is the way to be no? Reward Champions and otherwise give EVERYONE an even chance?

[/quote']

After two seasons the struggling teams will still have 30 points up for grabs so they will still be very much in the reckoning IMO. Only after 3 season's we might see last 3/4 teams getting their qualifying hopes dashed but then again they will have only themselves to blame for running their teams so poorly that they are mathematically out of the race. So its not a flawless method but I feel there are more pro's in this structure than the automatic qualification one.

Having said that I'm not exactly dead against the current rule(which is by no means a bad one) and will have no problems to go with it. ;)

After two seasons the struggling teams will still have 30 points up for grabs so they will still be very much in the reckoning IMO. Only after 3 season's we might see last 3/4 teams getting their qualifying hopes dashed but then again they will have only themselves to blame for running their teams so poorly that they are mathematically out of the race. So its not a flawless method but I feel there are more pro's in this structure than the automatic qualification one.

Having said that I'm not exactly dead against the current rule(which is by no means a bad one) and will have no problems to go with it. ;)

I agree with the cumulative points structure - otherwise after I've won the league 4 times what does anyone else have too play for? :P

I agree with the cumulative points structure - otherwise after I've won the league 4 times what does anyone else have too play for? :P

That is where the points structure would indeed be used (see the first post in this thread). I think league winners deserve a place in the Finals. We all know the drill without a ball being kicked. I for one want to win all 4 titles, which frees up more people to be able to get in via points (rather than knock-out, so to speak).

Anyway, Mr. Pluto, your team is being shipped right to you momentarily!