Australasian ICON (The ICON Games)

Gorbash

QUALIFICATION PROCEDURE

Only the League winners automatically qualify for a place in World ICON. Then an overall Points system is used to determine the remaining places.

In Australasian ICON, if you win the league in one of the 4 seasons, you automatically qualify for World ICON.

If a team who has already qualified for World ICON wins the league a second (or third, etc...) time, then no one automatically qualifies that season.

In the situation where less than 4 Nations have automatically qualified at the end of Season 4, an overall points system based on finishing league position comes into play. The Cup and Shield competitions also have minimal effect on the totals.

Each team will be assigned a points total dependent on each season's final league position.

Finish 1st - AUTOMATIC QUALIFICATION

Finish 2nd - 2 points

3rd - 3

4th - 4

5th - 5

6th - 6

7th - 7

8th - 8

9th - 9

10th - 10

11th - 11

Finish 12th - 12 points

WIN THE CUP - Take 1 point from your total accrued from the league.

WIN THE SHIELD - Take 1 point from your total accrued from the league.

The Nation(s) that accumulated the LOWEST amount of points across all four seasons that has not automatically qualified, gets the remaining qualifying place(s).

Any questions? Please see you Sector Governor.

THE LINE-UP

australiabanner.png

AUSTRALIA

Sydney FC

Manager : Angelo1

Expected to qualify by -

Gozzy

IanoLudz

Steauseka

chinabanner.png

CHINA

Shandong Luneng

Manager : Steauseka

Expected to qualify by -

slbquista

IanoLudz

King Roo

indiabanner.png

INDIA

Churchill Brothers

Manager : Barakus

indonesiabanner.png

INDONESIA

Mitra Kukar

Manager : Gozzy

Expected to qualify by -

King Roo

King Leo

iranbanner.png

IRAN

Sepahan

Manager : Vacant

Expected to qualify by -

Gozzy

slbquista

iraqbanner.png

IRAQ

Arbil

Manager : slbquista

japanbanner.png

JAPAN

Oita Trinita

Manager : King Roo

Expected to qualify by -

IanoLudz

King Leo

slbquista

Steauseka

russiabanner.png

RUSSIA

Krylia Sovetov

Manager : Iano Ludz

Expected to qualify by -

King Leo

Steauseka

saudiarabiabanner.png

SAUDI ARABIA

Al Wehda

Manager : LethalYid

southkoreabanner.png

SOUTH KOREA

Jeonbuk Motors

Manager : VatreniUnited

Expected to qualify by -

Steauseka

thailandbanner.png

THAILAND

Buriram United

Manager : taylor8

turkeybanner.png

TURKEY

Keyserispor

Manager : King Leo

Expected to qualify by -

Gozzy

King Roo

AVERAGE CAPACITY: 38,669

theicongamesballs.png

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Australasian ICON (The ICON Games)

Welcome to Australasian Sector

Welcome to all of you who are chosen to be selected to this sector. We may be seen as weakest Sector out of all sectors but let prove them wrong. I believe someone from this Sector will win the whole ICON.

Some important news for all of you

For all Australasian Sector Member,

can you please add Elohim on the game as he's the one who actually will buy the GameWorld for this sector and he's the one who'll offer your club to you as i just a poor governor

If you already add him,please send him a PM to tell him who you are in a forum.

Here is the link to Elo's profile http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=2299960

Manager List

loredan

sunnydelight

Venkrontrueblue11

hog101

slbquista

King Roo

Iano Ludz

Lethal Yid

minhha09

taylor8

King Leo

Qualification Process

4 spots available for each sector to go through to final round of ICON.

There are some possibility to grab this spots.

1. If in all 4 seasons,the league winner are all 4 different nation,those 4 nations will go straight to final round of ICON.

2. If a team that previously win a league won league again in different season,then remaining spot will be decided by point system. Points will be shared like this

-Points for league places

2nd position get 2 points

3rd position get 3 points

12th position get 12 points

-Points for cup

Both Cup and Shield Champions will get -1 point. Runner up will get no point

Teams with LOWEST total points during 4 season will take the remaining spot

While I was reading the rule suggestions of Gorbash in the original ICON Games thread, I liked that method of qualifying the best of the 4 suggested. I was going to propose it to all of you here but I see that our governor has a good taste already :)

I want to ask, will there be a Cup competition in this GW?

If so, will the winners of the Cup in the 4 seasons have points towards their qualification or will the Cup competition be just for inside challenge/enjoyment only?

EDIT:

I came here after searching the 'New Game World' section of the forum. May be a post with link on the original ICON Games thread would be helpful to other managers.

Just saying hello:cool:

Hello mate' date='great to have you here

While I was reading the rule suggestions of Gorbash in the original ICON Games thread, I liked that method of qualifying the best of the 4 suggested. I was going to propose it to all of you here but I see that our governor has a good taste already :)

I want to ask, will there be a Cup competition in this GW?

If so, will the winners of the Cup in the 4 seasons have points towards their qualification or will the Cup competition be just for inside challenge/enjoyment only?

EDIT:

I came here after searching the 'New Game World' section of the forum. May be a post with link on the original ICON Games thread would be helpful to other managers.

I'd like to discuss with all of you regarding cup competitions. Whether we should give points for cup or not. Personally,i'm not really keen for adding points from cup games as generally team in this sector wouldn't have that depth to compete strongly both in cup and league. Another sector is likely to put cup games into account like this,Losing semi finalists will gain 1 point, runner up will gain 2 points and the winner will gain 4 points.

So,what do you all want? Cup games included to points or not? I'm as governor always open for discussion

4 chances to finish 1st.

Let's do this!

Be aware to my Indonesia :P

So' date='what do you all want? Cup games included to points or not? I'm as governor always open for discussion[/quote']

I would prefer it to be a league points based system rather than the cup. I think it would it be tricky to implement a points system for the cup if you are basing the league system on a lowest score wins idea? That's just my opinion and I'll go with the flow no matter what is decided.

Really looking forward to kick off!!

I would prefer it to be a league points based system rather than the cup. I think it would it be tricky to implement a points system for the cup if you are basing the league system on a lowest score wins idea? That's just my opinion and I'll go with the flow no matter what is decided.

Really looking forward to kick off!!

Yeah,that's why i'm not really keen for adding cup into accounts for points,but i'm still open for discussion for this issue

Yeah' date='that's why i'm not really keen for adding cup into accounts for points,but i'm still open for discussion for this issue[/quote']

hi every one, good work gozzy I like the qualifying routes. :)

I'm with you that cups shouldn't be taken into account but I would quite like some incentive to do well in them if you know what I mean, not just solely concentrating on the league and trying to get knocked out of the cup early.

I've not got any ideas though, other than involving the points in the cup.

also, has some one's geography gone a bit off? Austrolasia don't involve Asia too. :P:D

oh and i'm Iraq every one, your future champion. :D

hi every one' date=' good work gozzy I like the qualifying routes. :)

[b']I'm with you that cups shouldn't be taken into account but I would quite like some incentive to do well in them[/b] if you know what I mean, not just solely concentrating on the league and trying to get knocked out of the cup early.

I've not got any ideas though, other than involving the points in the cup.

also, has some one's geography gone a bit off? Austrolasia don't involve Asia too. :P:D

oh and i'm Iraq every one, your future champion. :D

I know what you mean but i just can't find another incentive apart from point to be honest as that's what matter

I'd like to discuss with all of you regarding cup competitions. Whether we should give points for cup or not. Personally' date='i'm not really keen for adding points from cup games as generally team in this sector wouldn't have that depth to compete strongly both in cup and league. Another sector is likely to put cup games into account like this,Losing semi finalists will gain 1 point, runner up will gain 2 points and the winner will gain 4 points.

So,what do you all want? Cup games included to points or not? I'm as governor always open for discussion

[/quote']

If cup games are not part of qualification, the result will probably be that no one will take it seriously and will always rest their best players in it. Or it will be contested by 2 or 3 managers only for bragging rights :D

If we have 4 different league winners, it will not be considered anyway. The 4 winners will qualify (as per the rules). But if there is a chance to use the point system (if we have 3 or less league winners), I think the cup results should be included. They still should not make a big difference in points count. For example reaching final get -1 and winner get -2 (or even just the winner get -1), which is like finishing 1 or 2 positions better in the league only (something that can happen if you have better goals and equal on points for example).

I think it will give the Cup some meaning and will add excitement to the competition but still will not change the focus that the league is most important (either by winning or by having a good position).

Saudi manager checking in! Looking forward to leading my Arabs to glory.

With regards to the cup comps I'm happy to go with the flow, but definitely think they need to be incentivised; I like the idea of minus points for those that reach the latter stages, think it'll do the job!

It seems i need to add incentives for cup games then. Do we follow the path of African sector (they give point for all semifinalist) or simply give point to the finalist?

I would only give points to the winner and runner up but as I said make it 5 and 3 points so there is a good reward for winning. Winning a cup could take 5 or 6 matches and one point is not a big incentive for going through all that.

We are only 12 teams in the setup, so the Cup competition will be small (I think only 3/4 games to win it?) so while it should be rewarded, it cannot be with lots of points.

My suggestion is -2 for the winner and -1 for the other team reaching the final.

Here is some calculations:

The mininum points a team can have in the league position system is 8 points (finishing 2nd in the 4 seasons). The maximum of reward points a Cup winner can have is -8 points (according to my suggestion of -2 for the winner and only in case 1 team wins the Cup in the 4 seasons).

This means that finishing 4th 4 times (4x4=16) and winning the Cup 4 times (16-8=8) will make you equal in total points with a club that finishes 2nd 4 times.

So, having more than -2 points for winning the Cup would mean that finishing even lower than 4th can still make you equal to a team that finishes 2nd all season, which would be unfair in my opinion.

Another thing to note, league points should have more 'value' than Cup points because the league is the most important thing here. So for example if 2 teams are equal on total points, then the one with 'less' league points wins.

(In the example in my calculations, the team that finished 2nd in the 4 seasons wins over the team that was 4th in the 4 seasons even if they win the Cup 4 times.)

We are only 12 teams in the setup' date=' so the Cup competition will be small (I think only 3/4 games to win it?) so while it should be rewarded, it cannot be with lots of points.

My suggestion is -2 for the winner and -1 for the other team reaching the final.

Here is some calculations:

The [b']mininum [/b]points a team can have in the league position system is 8 points (finishing 2nd in the 4 seasons). The maximum of reward points a Cup winner can have is -8 points (according to my suggestion of -2 for the winner and only in case 1 team wins the Cup in the 4 seasons).

This means that finishing 4th 4 times (4x4=16) and winning the Cup 4 times (16-8=8) will make you equal in total points with a club that finishes 2nd 4 times.

So, having more than -2 points for winning the Cup would mean that finishing even lower than 4th can still make you equal to a team that finishes 2nd all season, which would be unfair in my opinion.

Another thing to note, league points should have more 'value' than Cup points because the league is the most important thing here. So for example if 2 teams are equal on total points, then the one with 'less' league points wins.

(In the example in my calculations, the team that finished 2nd in the 4 seasons wins over the team that was 4th in the 4 seasons even if they win the Cup 4 times.)

I think what you've suggested is fairly spot on, good post.

Archived