Australasian ICON (The ICON Games)

Re: Australasian ICON (The ICON Games)

36MhK8R.gif

RUSSIA (1) - TURKEY (0)

Turkey lose away to Russia and lose their top position in the league. The Turkey manager took a gamble with a very attacking formation but it backfired and a whole season effort was lost.

Japan also lost their final game home to Thailand in an epic 3-4 match where Thailand had their attacker score a super hattrick!

Both results mean that Russia are the surprise winners of this season's qualification in the Australatian Secotr of the ICON Games. They have 41 points from 12 Wins 5 Draws and 5 Loses. The Russia team concentrated their efforts in the final stage of the season with a 6 game unbeaten run including 5 wins. Both Turkey and Japan will blame their latest drop in form that resulted in a wasted season for them.

Congratulations for Russia for showing determination and never giving up hope when they were not in the top spots. They are now the 1st qualifying team to represent the Australation Sector in the ICON Games.

Congratulations for IanoLudz for leading his team to victory. He proved I was right in predicting him as one of the winner before the start of the season :)

Turkey and Japan must move on and forget about what could have happened and start preparing well for the coming season. There are still 3 chances for qualification left. Good effort from all managers and good luck for all in the coming seasons. This one was a thrillers for sure.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Australasian ICON (The ICON Games) Krylia Sovetov - Australasian Champions

Re: Australasian ICON (The ICON Games) After 8 games the 'Knights of Mecca', Al Wehda, find themselves in 3rd place after a steady run of 4 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats. The jewel in the Saudi

Well,the league just finished. I finished on 11th, disappointing to be honest. Sorry i am not really active in this thread as to be honest i lose interest after disastrous start :P . Massive congrats to Iano and Russia for winning the first season though. You are guaranteed to go to final round. May write a review for this season in next 2 days

• 2 weeks later...

So,a 2nd season will start this weekend. We now have 4 vacancies(India,Korea,Iran and Australia) after Venk left so it'll be good if we can recruiting some managers

By the way,here is how the table looks after the end of season 1

Russia (qualified)

Turkey : 2

Japan : 2

Australia : 3

Iraq : 5

China : 6

Saudi Arabia : 7

Thailand : 8

South Korea : 9

Iran : 10

Indonesia : 11

India : 12

• 2 weeks later...

First game today' date='goodluck for everyone and the new boys.

We now just have 1 vacant position in Iran as i recruit 3 new members earlier this week.So,give welcome to

[b']Vatreni United(South Korea)

Barakus (India)

Angelo1(Australia)[/b]

Thanks Gozzy :)

• 2 weeks later...

slbquista has quit aswell' date='since King Leo quit it seems there is no one can keep this thread alive. Better to just post in main ICON thread then i think :)[/quote']

Sorry about that, I have had a big cut down on clubs so only 7 remain. Good luck with the setup, great idea but TBH I wasn't enjoying it enough this season.

Sorry about that' date=' I have had a big cut down on clubs so only 7 remain. Good luck with the setup, great idea but TBH I wasn't enjoying it enough this season.[/quote']

No worry mate, i myself also find it hard to enjoy when i always have no chance to qualify every season :P

Sydney FC have several players over 80 and play them on a weekly basis' date=' have they not understood the rules?[/quote']

Probably yes as he's new manager. I've told him now and this of course will have an effect to Australia chance to qualify this season