Selling On fee  

1. 1.

• Si, muy muy muy fantastico.
    • No, muy muy muy stupido.

Wouldnt it be nice, just like in Championship Manager, that when you want to buy someone, eg. Elano for 10mil but you also agree that the previous club gets a certain percentage of cash he gets you when he moves on, ie. if Elano is signed for 10mil and 10% of the future fee (which happens to be 20mil), the previous manager actually earns 12mil and the current manager gets 18mil.

I dont think it would be tough to implement; the previous club gets a message saying he has earnt this or that amount for this player. This could be done when the transfers are processed I would imagine.

This idea is open for criticism, improvements, or whatever.

Cheers!

Re: When signing a player...

Wouldnt it be nice' date=' just like in Championship Manager, that when you want to buy someone, eg. Elano for 10mil but you also agree that the previous club gets a certain percentage of cash he gets you when he moves on, ie. if Elano is signed for 10mil and 10% of the future fee (which happens to be 20mil), the previous manager actually earns 12mil and the current manager gets 18mil.

I dont think it would be tough to implement; the previous club gets a message saying he has earnt this or that amount for this player. This could be done when the transfers are processed I would imagine.

This idea is open for criticism, improvements, or whatever.

Cheers![/quote']

That would be nice and it would also help sweeten a deal. Like if u had 2 bids both 15 million the one with the 10% if next sale would win it. I like it and it would be nice if it got implemented in the game.

Good idea ...

Most manager don't want to sell a future star, e.g. Messi as he will rise tremendously

But with this implemented, people will be more willing to sell the player.

However, the problem is what if the new manager does not sell the player? It would be hard to promise the previous manager this so maybe one more thing that could be implemented is that this player must be sold in like 4 or 5 seasons? :rolleyes:

Just a thought

Good idea ...

Most manager don't want to sell a future star' date=' e.g. Messi as he will rise tremendously

But with this implemented, people will be more willing to sell the player.

However, the problem is what if the new manager does not sell the player? It would be hard to promise the previous manager this so maybe one more thing that could be implemented is that this player must be sold in like 4 or 5 seasons? :rolleyes:

Just a thought[/quote']

I don't agreed that a player must be sold in 4-5 seasons time. If this player is an important player to the team of course i won't sell him right.

I don't agreed that a player must be sold in 4-5 seasons time. If this player is an important player to the team of course i won't sell him right.

I agree with Rhys... that's the game anyway!! ;)

If you think that the other team will never sell your future star player...don't sell him!!!

Very good idea anyway...I'd love to see that function in the game! B)

The only downfall here is a change in management.

If your selling a player on but then have to give a certain percentage to team x' date=' that could confuse alot of people.

But i do think its a good idea, would be hard to get around the change in management part though IMO. :)[/quote']

Perhaps there could be something in the player's profile that indicates that 5% of a future fee goes on to the last club? I guess that could work.

Re: Selling On fee

This is a good idea you could set the sell on fee amount when you put the transfer bid in for the player

OR

The manager could set a sell on fee that has to be included in the transfer when they transfer list the player.

Actually what I meant was when you bid for a player, inevitably van der Vaart for example, I may be able to bid 30mil and 10%, meaning that if i later on sell vdV for 50mil, the previous owner gains the 30mil from the first fee and 10% of the 50mil, which ends up as a 35mil transfer fee altogether.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Wouldnt it be nice' date=' just like in Championship Manager[/quote']

That is CM or FM or whatever it calls itself now. With that sim you are playing against an AI not a human manager. I will explain the pitfalls of this idea.

When you want to buy someone' date=' eg. Elano for 10mil but you also agree that the previous club gets a certain percentage of cash he gets you when he moves on, ie. if Elano is signed for 10mil and 10% of the future fee (which happens to be 20mil), the previous manager actually earns 12mil and the current manager gets 18mil.[/quote']

I think you mean the previous manager would receive 2 million not 12 million of a 20% sell on for 20 million?

In theory this is an excellent idea and it is something which I would want to see introduced in the near future. BUT...

The only downfall here is a change in management. If your selling a player on but then have to give a certain percentage to team x' date=' that could confuse alot of people. But i do think its a good idea, would be hard to get around the change in management part though IMO.[/quote']

The change in management is one of the sticking points. Some managers have had more clubs in certain setups than Tiger Woods!

What if you took control of Manchester United for example, and decided to sell Kaka on for 50 million, but then you realised you only received 37.5 million? The previous manager might have agreed a 25% sell on fee with the original selling club and you might be oblivious to it.

Yes you can put something in the players profile stating % of sell on to club x. But if you took control of that club after the previous manager arranged the deal, would you be willing to sell on the player knowing you would miss out on x million?

IF this were to be introduced we would have to research this quite a bit, as a feature like this would also have a knock on affect with several other similar features. Managers would ask for appearance fees, goal bonuses, promotion bonuses etec.

Then IF we did introduce all of the above then the entire finance side of the game would have to be redeveloped to give people a wage/transfer budget so they have money to cover the above.

That is the problem when anyone suggests any idea, they do not look at the bigger picture. Needless to say I will flag this idea up to see if it is feasible or not.

Thanks Ste' date=' that is an excellent explanation. Looks like as good as idea as this is, it may not be possible to implement.:([/quote']

I agree also ,there are some great ideas that get suggested but quite a few are what get picked up by members playing football sim games that are just A1 generated and not Human v Human which like Stegore pointed out there are many pitfalls and a different ball game altogether,but i am sure the Gore brothers are not oblivious to what goes on in other sim games and will be quick of the mark if they can see something that may be in them that they can take ideas from and mould into there own S/M concept.:)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

The problem with a lot of these suggestions (which I am not saying are bad) are they are from FM, CM etc and these are a totally different concept to what SM is all about.

People have to try and distinguish the difference between an online sim played against 'human' managers and a desktop PC game played against 'AI' managers when they take into account their suggestion.

They also need to look at the so called 'bigger picture' of what would happen IF this suggestion were to be introduced and any knock-on affects it might have. Whilst the suggestion might be feasible in a PC game like FM, it might not be the same for an online game like SM.

A selling on fee could be a feasible idea but would have to be looked into in great detail as stated in my previous post.

• 9 months later...

The problem with a lot of these suggestions (which I am not saying are bad) are they are from FM' date=' CM etc and these are a totally different concept to what SM is all about.

People have to try and distinguish the difference between an online sim played against 'human' managers and a desktop PC game played against 'AI' managers when they take into account their suggestion.

They also need to look at the so called 'bigger picture' of what would happen IF this suggestion were to be introduced and any knock-on affects it might have. Whilst the suggestion might be feasible in a PC game like FM, it might not be the same for an online game like SM.

A selling on fee could be a feasible idea but would have to be looked into in great detail as stated in my previous post.[/quote']

It is a concept in real life to have a sell on fee sometimes though.

However if you warned a manager when they are selecting a club say next to the info of the players there is a sell on fee then that could be implemented.

Am I right or is there a gap between my theory?

what would happen when a manager uses the player that has the sell on clause in an exchange deal for another. the previous club wouldnt recieve any money even though the player has switched clubs again, so as good as the idea is it wouldnt work.

I think its a great idea :P

All that needs added is a extra column on the squad page with the sell-on percentage

But what i would really like to see is something like this

My Morecambe team has a player who is rated 75 and worth £500,000 so the best i can get for him is £1.5 million but iv had bids over £3 million which i know will not go through

So i would like this option

I sell him now for 1.5m but i get a extra Million when he's rating hits 80 then again at 85 and so on

The only issue would be if the other team sells him on (I will have a think about this and add it later)

what would happen when a manager uses the player that has the sell on clause in an exchange deal for another. the previous club wouldnt recieve any money even though the player has switched clubs again' date=' so as good as the idea is it wouldnt work.[/quote']

What I think COULD happen should be that the club that owes 10% gives 10% of the players value. If they can't afford it the deal should be stopped until they can.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Aaaaaah' date=' I'm still really keen on this though...

What if there was something posted on the blog to see if the general sm population would accept this proposal?[/quote']

I could easily put something on the blog in the next few days, and like I stated last time we would need to revamp the finance section to include transfer/wage budgets (which we could do anyway to make the game more realistic).

this is the only downside of this idea as i see it, taking a club after a while and having large amount of players with that clause.

On the other hand in real life it would be the same situation if manager takes club, transfer terms would not change...

Im all for this idea and it could add some depth to the game, but it should be restricted to lets say 20 % or so

I dont like it, it would mean a manager taking over an abandoned team would have to live with any stupid mistakes the previous one made. :(

For example, i may be dieing to sell a 90 rated player in order to get my team back into the black or to fund another transfer however, say hes worth 20million.

However, if in the previous managers inadequance the player can only be sold on with an additional 25% fee to the previous club, that means i will only get 15million. I will not consider 15million to be value for money so i wont sell him. I wont get in the black, i wont bring in my other player. :rolleyes:

Result: Transfer market comes to a grinding stop :eek:

Would hate to see this implemented, any1 with me?