Ivan Rakitic

Joso

Re: Ivan Rakitic

Rakitic will become one of the most important players for Schalke very soon. He instantly became a member of the first 11. He is invited to Croatian squad for qualifying games this weekend and could get a chance on the pitch. Imo he will be rated 88-89 very soon maybe even next time German ratings are revised.

He is still finding his feet and settling in.

The BL is a bit of a step up from the Swiss 1st Div and he was a star and fan's favourite at FC Basel. His first few performances for Schalke were very average but the manager has kept faith with him and he seems to now he playing better.

I think he could go to 87/88 when Germany is rated again but he'll need to keep playing (starting 11) and perhaps find the net a few times too. He's scored 1 goal so far :)

Herby

• 2 weeks later...

I have read about it but I think that Schalke won't sell him so early. Maybe after 2-3 seasons when his price goes up and one of the biggest European clubs decides to splash the cash on him.

But he will have to continue developing and keep up the good work.

Whatever happens it seems that Croatia got a great player!:)

• 1 month later...

He has started 9 games for Schalke this season and came off the bench 4 times ,scoring 2 goals . He has also plaid almost every game in the champions league.

In addition to all that he made his debut for Croatia and score a goal . So far he has plaid 3 games for Croatia and is now being called regularly.

Bundesliga viewers can also tell us how his game has been , his flair and mentality have been awesome . I have just seen him in the champions league and i am really impressed .

I think he deserves an 89 for now because he is playing better than Kranjcar .

Can any of you reccomend a striker who is likely to improve from mid to low eighties to about how eighties to about 87. It's just my team are lacking strikers and I would appreciate it.

Can any of you reccomend a striker who is likely to improve from mid to low eighties to about how eighties to about 87. It's just my team are lacking strikers and I would appreciate it.

Bojan Krkic and Giovani dos Santos:D

But you will not be able to buy Them.

Josip Tadic from Dinamo Zagreb will rise in the future.

Try to post in Help area for stuff like this next time.

But back on topic:

Rakitic was good and he deserves 88 atm. But German ratings will not be renewed for some time because of the new schedule so there is still time for him to justify even higher rating.

I wouldn't say he is better than Kranjcar, not yet.

Luke,

try reading through the german ratings thread. ;)

If you have a read, there have been a couple of players mentioned that would fit the bill. None moreso than Sestak who is a W and rated 83 on SM at present but will change to CF or F when ratings are done next - I expect him to get to 87 with the next review. :)

It's inappropriate to 'hijack' someone else's thread and ask completely off topic questions! Just a friendly warning ...

Best of luck,

Herby

• 3 weeks later...

i was just checking his stats again, he has played all 14 games so far this season only 4 off the bench, played a total of 922 minutes and scored 2 goals! not bad for this young croatian. German changes are far away what are people predictions for this young player?

i was just checking his stats again' date=' he has played all 14 games so far this season only 4 off the bench, played a total of 922 minutes and scored 2 goals! not bad for this young croatian. German changes are far away what are people predictions for this young player?[/quote']

Well, he has played all of Shalke's games but he has played 15 games. Guess you got your count wrong there. He has gotten 2 goals and 2 assits in th regular season. Also he has played quite well, remember it's not always the stats that matter (as Herby once taught me). He did come on from the bench 4 times, however he has also came onto the bench 8 times. Don't forget about Champions League where he has also played quite well (no goals and 1 assist in 5 games). He has also scored 1 goal in 2 DFB pokal games. Don't forget that he has played 5 international games for Croatia. Cheers.

LKK

• 1 year later...