Gold Championship 8 - Transfers, Rumors & Match Reports

keano

Re: Gold Championship 8 - Transfers, Rumors & Match Reports

123.gif

Champions at last!!

scudetto_595067.jpg

123.gifRoma 3 - 0 Lazio111.gif

After almost throwing away a lead of 18 points at one time during the season Roma can now finally call themselves Serie A Champions. It has been a remarkable season for the team who have been molded together by Welsh tactician Dai Winston. He has made the team play really good football at ttimes and the fans have warmed to him like he is a local.

Winston said in an interview following the match;

I am proud of the players, they have been outstanding for me, since the first game we ave played with intent and I think we are worthy Champions. I would like to wish all the teams in Serie A luck for next season as our focus will be on bigger things, namely, the SMFA Cup.

In tonights match, the players were looking nervous as they have had a bad run recently and they had so much expectancy from both supporters and manager to deliver, especially in a home Rome derby. They did not disappoint.

Roma took the lead after just 5 minutes when Zlatan Ibrahimovic popped up as he so often does in the right place at the right time as he made the most of a little scramble in the Lazio area and put the ball into the net. This made the score at the break 1-0 to Roma.

3135324743-soccer-uefa-european-championship-2008-qualifying-group-f-sweden-v.jpg

( Influential Swedish striker Ibrahimovic scored the opener for Roma )

The second half was much the same as the first as both teams shared the possession and seemed quite evenly matched. The only difference was Roma took their chances. Their second came just 12 minutes after the break when a lack of concentration from the Lazio defense put Ibrahimovic through on goal with only the keeper to beat, he majestically took the ball around him and nestled the ball in the net again. The match and ultimately the Scudetto was sealed with 15 minutes left when of a all people Silveira Juan found the ball in space and his rocket of a shot flew in off the woodwork.

zlatan_ibrahimovic.jpg

( Ibrahimovic netted again to send the Roma fans crazy with delight before Juan sealed the win with Roma's 3rd )

The celebrations will continue long into the night in Rome

VALE PROMOTED.

It as been confirmed that port vale have been promoted from div 3, despite the defeat on saturday against sheffield united, results went the valiants way and see's them playing 2nd division football next season. manager gadga said; this as being a very hard season for us, when i took over on the eve of the season, the squad was full of youths and with a bit of bargin hunting and a few loans we have made a squad to get us out of this division, with us sitting in second place 4 points behind leaders hull, we can close the gap to one point and go to the last game for the championship, since are next game is against hull that is the one game we have got to win, now i can start preparing for next season and on the player hunt i must go...

feyenoord.gif

feyenoord news

feyenoord having won the league already we are trying to sign players. we are 20 points ahead of second as the manager joe cutlan joined on tuesday we had won 3-0 against sparta rotterdam on wednesday so really a good start of being manager. henry is up for sale id like a replacement striker 92+ and maybe another player. we already have champions league for next season and we are exited to see our group. at least we have won the league so it doesent matter if we loose our next games. more feyenoord news soon.

feyenoord.gif

feyenoord news

last night feyenoord were getting van nistelrooy for henry and pavone and 10 mil. our chairman had stopped van nistelrooy as he had thought that the deal was to much. we are still trying to get van nistelrooy as we coud make our strike force even better. more feyenoord news coming soon!!

"Congratulations Dai!"

Last years league winners, Juventus have congratulated Roma on their success this season as the giallorossi were crowned champions of Italy on Wednesday following a 3-0 victory against city rivals Lazio.

Mario_Gomez800x600_560067.jpg

(Juventus ambitious about new striker?)

Tony had this to say,"As the season nears an end I'd just like to congratulate Roma, Chievo and Inter for their own success as each team picked up a great trophy. Unfortunately, at Juventus this season we've won nothing, which is heartbreaking considering our success last season. Expectations grow when you've won two trophies and reached another final, the fans have the right to be disappointed with the season. I'm now hoping that the lads will learn from this experience and do better next season though. I still have faith in them and will probably bring in just a few players, instead of a complete squad clearance. If available, Gomez and Cicinho would be two ideal signings from Roma. They'd be amazing in help all competitions, but whether they leave will obviously be left to Roma to decide. Tiago, Odemwingie, Salihamidizic and Canizares could all be forced to leave in exchange for whoever is brought in."

Although Juventus did have a pretty unsuccessful season, Tony did agree that the challenge this season and next is enjoyable, "With how much talent each squad has and the amount of successful forumers involved in what is probably the best league in any setup, the thrill for me next season will be amazing.

VALE CELEBRATE PROMOTION

As port vale played away the club decided to set up a big screen at vale park for the fans who couldn't travel to millwall to watch the club go for three points and clinched 2nd place, as vale was already promoted going into tonites game 3rd place huddersfield could clinch 2nd if the valiants fail to win, but since vale won and huddersfield drew it was vale who go up in 2nd.. After the final whistle went at The New Den the fans home and away celebrated in style fireworks went of around vale park while the fans that did travel danced and celebrated on the terrences..

Vales manager gadga spoke to the press after the game..

the lads deserve promotion they have worked hard all season, when i took over at the eve of the season the squad was full of youths and i bought in players and got a few on loan and we went on a very good run winning 17 game unbeaten thats including cup matches, wow promoted this will do wonders for the club playing in the 2nd div, wow ..

172.gif

Valencia come 2nd for the 2nd season running trailing in 5 points behind league winners Real Madrid. SoP said losing 2 out of the last 3 games lost us the title, the same scenrio as last seson, but on the up side we are in the champs cup again and have a strong squad for next season."

Marseille finish second under new manager Mattis.

Sealing SMFA Champs Cup football next season.

Mattis will be battleing Lyon manager and good friend Mitu Ahmed for the French title next season.

Liverpool Are Set To Play In The Smfa Cup After What The Manager Belives Finishing In A Disipointing 3rd Place.

Andrew Seary "i Am Disipointed After 2 Season Of Nothink And Going To The Wirer Of Every Compition And Showing Nothink For It, This Next Season Will Be Are Season"

Celtic claim the domestic double, and it would have been the treble, but for the Cup Final loss against Rangers. They await the SMFA draw and will be confident of progressing past the group stages, for the third season running.

Artur Boruc for sale, just include a goalkeeper and striker ;)

after having the title in their own hands a dreadful end saw cska drop to 2nd and finish 3points ahead of 3rd :o but still got smfa cup football at least so will look to be building every player for sale p/e only pm me or bid n i will see

NEW FIXTURES DON'T GO DOWN TO WELL..

Port vales manager was not amused this morning when gadga saw the new fixtures for the forthcoming season, yep i know div 2 football is going to be a challenge for us and there some good teams in the league but could the smfa give us any harder..

A - birmingham

H - wolves

H- coventry

A - forest

A - fulham

H - stoke the derby can't wait

apart from fulham we start with a right good midland derbies looking at the squads we will be lucky if we get 2 points on the board:rolleyes: ....

TRANSFER NEWS

Gadga is on the trail of a winger whom was at vale park last season since he did well for us we have decided to lure him bk to the burslem side for another season.. also gadga as put in an loan bid for a 89 striker and a bid for a keeper more news to follow on these players as i don't won't to lose out o them by bigger clubs... now we are in div 2 there will be alot of work to rebuild the squad and survival is our aim most of the current squad have been put on the transfer list as we are looking at more quality players..we are waitin to see how much the chairman Bill Pratt will give us for the transfer kitty, hmmmmmmmm if like in real life about 500k:rolleyes:

224.gif330.gif192.gif44.gif

group-H

this is group H of the champions league this season it is a group with talent and skill as it will be tough for all sides to get through the group stages. as im the feyenoord manager i will try to sign as much as i can to get the club better as i fell that we could go out of the champions league easily.

224.gif330.gif192.gif44.gif

group-H

this is group H of the champions league this season it is a group with talent and skill as it will be tough for all sides to get through the group stages. as im the feyenoord manager i will try to sign as much as i can to get the club better as i fell that we could go out of the champions league easily.

Good Luck :P im the Porto manager and i hope to qualify in what is the most competitive group in the competition

Good Luck :P im the Porto manager and i hope to qualify in what is the most competitive group in the competition

Same too you all.

Im Marseille manager. Should be a good group with us forumers in it.

My perdiction:

Liverpool

Fc Porto

Marseille

Feyenoord

Same too you all.

Im Marseille manager. Should be a good group with us forumers in it.

My perdiction:

Liverpool

Fc Porto

Marseille

Feyenoord

Thats would be nice:p

i will be having a real good go at this nice to see a group of forumers lol there should be a bit of banter going on when this group kicks off :rolleyes: and on behalf of the liverpool good luck.(just not too much ;))

Well, I am very confident as I have been drawn in a relatively easy group, on paper...

I have Palermo, Kobenhavn ad Velez Sarfield....

I am only interested in Cup comps this season and I intend on winning the SMFA Cup in the future......

I am only interested in Cup comps this season and I intend on winning the SMFA Cup in the future......

Might have some competition with that mate! My 1 goal this season is to win the SMFA Cup in GC8.