Gold Championship 8 - Transfers, Rumors & Match Reports

keano

Re: Gold Championship 8 - Transfers, Rumors & Match Reports

Might have some competition with that mate! My 1 goal this season is to win the SMFA Cup in GC8.

I was hoping it would be....Ideal scenario would be me vs you in final...Even though I know I have absolutely no chance against your perfect 19-0 Cup Final record.....

I was hoping it would be....Ideal scenario would be me vs you in final...Even though I know I have absolutely no chance against your perfect 19-0 Cup Final record.....

Close mate, 18-0 but have cup final number 19 coming up in spain 2 so could hopefully be 19-0 soon.

172.gif

Valencia have been drawn with Real Madrid, Sporting and Celtic in the SMFA Champs cup and as usuall will quietly go about there playing, aiming to get further than the 1/4 finals they made this year (losing to Barcalona). Coming 2nd in the league behind the imppresive Real Madrid and winning the Spanish cup.

Also SonofPluto's personal aim is to futher increase his standing in the setup from 3rd best manager overall to 2nd or 1st.

172.gif

Valencia have been drawn with Real Madrid' date=' Sporting and Celtic in the SMFA Champs cup and as usuall will quietly go about there playing, aiming to get further than the 1/4 finals they made this year (losing to Barcalona). Coming 2nd in the league behind the imppresive Real Madrid and winning the Spanish cup.

Also SonofPluto's personal aim is to futher increase his standing in the setup from 3rd best manager overall to 2nd or 1st.[/quote']

Was gutted when I saw I had you in my group Simon after our battles last season and winning all the Spanish trophies between us. I would like to think that it will be you and me progressing but I am sure Ross won't like that!

Was gutted when I saw I had you in my group Simon after our battles last season and winning all the Spanish trophies between us. I would like to think that it will be you and me progressing but I am sure Ross won't like that!

Yep it was a great season with Seville and Barcalona hanging on to our coat tails lol. Would be great if we both went through and then met again in the final for an all Spanish affair, but like you said Ross is bound to throw in a surprise somewhere being the great manager he is lol

58_front_small.gif508.gif1_front_small.gif

OB QUALIFY FOR SMFA SHIELD

When Kevin Took Over They Were A Mid Table Side With 15 Players In A League Dominated By FC Kobenhaven, Since Then They Have Finished Third 1 Point Of SMFA CHAMPS CUP, With 25 Players.

Kevin Had One Goal Build Up A Side That Can Compete In The League And Europe, This Season He Will Find Out.

Kevin Said "Its great to qualify with a poor squad and not a built up side you have just picked up, i've spent a lot of cash on this side and i hope we don't disappoint, but SHOCK EUROPE"

Blackburn Rovers stand in the way of OB Creating a Shocker, Kevin said "Yes they have a much bigger squad with better players but i am sure with the right formation we can win"

Lyon.jpg

SMFA Cup Group C

1.gif85.gif329.gif663.gif

Lyon have been drawn with two English clubs, which also includes English cup winners and league runners up West Ham United.

Lyon are undoubtedly among the favourites to qualify but Sparky believes West Ham United are capable of causing huge upsets.

Lyon manager Sparky has already revealed that his aim for this season is to reach the semi finals of the SMFA Cup, win the Orange Ligue 1 and make it to the quarters of the French cup with his reserves.

Good luck to all those in the SMFA Cup :)

Bayern have been drawn in what seems a relatively easy SMFA cup group after being beaten on penalties by a team they beat in the group stages in the semi final Johnson is looking to go one step further this year. Aberdeen, Bochum and Dynamo KIev will face Munich and Johnson is looking to hold on to his title as the best GC8 manager ( stat wise )

63.gif

VALE PREPARE FOR LIFE IN DIV 2.

Port vale's manager gadga is preparing for life in div 2 since promotion from div 3 last season we had a few low quality players they have now departed the club as we are looking to get a squad together to finish mid table, the short list is long but money is no where to be seen, we would love the chance to sign ronaldinho and deco and bring them to burslem..but hey thats life..

Gadga is waiting for the chairman to inject some money into the transfer kitty and will be looking for a keeper with one bid in for a keeper i don't think we will get him anyway, with one keper at the club he is 36 and ratin 84 really want a keeper in the 88 bracket, gadga as already tightened his back four up with two signings;

9479_1210628426.jpg

Zdenek Pospech the 29yr old right back signs for the burlsem side from lyon or a fee of 2.7mill

Pospech will become a valuable player for us as he is a strong right back..

also to arrive at vale park

Viera Jadson(sorry no pic) the centre back signs from Zenit St Petersburg for a fee of 5mill. Jadson will also become a valuable player to our squad and will be made captain..

Vale have also captured two players on loan..

Winger David Degen signs on a loan deal for the second season from Lyon..

Striker Nikola Zigic signs a loan deal rom Sao Paulo and will become the main striker...

Santi_Cazorla.jpg

(New arrival Cazorla expecting to show full potential in Italy.)

Baldo lures Cazorla to Turin.

Following a poor season, in which Juventus finished third, manager Tony Baldo has announced that a long wish list has been created in hope of escaping a similar season this year. The club clearly have high ambitions and seem to stand by their promises, the club have today crossed off the top name on the 'wish list' with the arrival of Santi Cazorla from Valencia.

Tony Baldo had this to say when speaking with SMTV, "A long season comes to an end and knowing for such a long time that we weren't going to win anything at all was painful. However, I've took this time to realize where we need to improve and the players still remain extremely motivated, even more after last season. Cazorla has joined up with the squad today which is amazing. Some will say that we've been ripped off, we made the offer and although we've let Pedretti and Tiago go in exchange, I expect more from the new signing. I can also confirm that a few more players will definitely be arriving, expectations are high so new talented players are required. This break I feel will prove to be more than enjoyable."

_41873488_tears_getty300.jpg

(Trezeguet comforted by Henry, who arrives for Juventus, with Trezeguet leaving in exchange.)

Juventus welcome 3 more.

With Cazorla signing yesterday and 3 more arriving today, Tony's hopes of regaining the titles he won in his first season in charge have clearly taken a huge boost.

Despite an amazing record with Juventus, scoring machine David Trezeguet has today ended his long stint with the club, joining up with PSV ahead of the new season. Trezeguet will leave alongside Munitis as the pair were both used to capture the signing of Thierry Henry. Tony has given the new striker a lot of praise and is labeling the transfer as his best yet.

marco_materazzi_the_associated_pr_2.jpg

(The experienced 'Matrix' joins Juve.)

World Cup hero Marco Materazzi has today signed a contract with Juventus, waving goodbye to Florence. The deal was made quickly, due to the interest showed by Fiorentina for Salihamidizic. The want away Winger had played less than 5 times last season and was pleased to see the 3M + Materazzi offer accepted.

Looking to add that extra bit of depth in midfield, Juventus also captured the signing of Luca Cigarini, formerly of Aberdeen. The Scottish club understood that the youngstar was too tempted and receiving Almiron + Boumsong in exchange was good for the club.

Cigarini.jpg

(Luca Cigarini completes move back to Italy.)

Tony had this to say, "Three great signings who'll all contribute enormously to the squad. We need to realize how to win the league and SMFA Champs and so far I feel we're on the correct path, with these signings and hopefully the ones we're still to make. With the 3 main challengers (Roma/Milan/Juve) all in the SMFA Champs Cup this year, there is definitely no advantage for any club and I think this could help us the most. However, I think Inter Milan could really take advantage of this scenario, they could surprise everyone this year. We'll have to wait and see."

224.gif

Porto Ready For New Season

Last night FC Porto manager Gazza Thomas told the press his team were "Ready" for the new season, he stated ;Well this is my first full season at Porto and i want to win the Double, But i know i have the players capable of winning everything, Id love to win the SMFA Champs cup but looking at the group it will be hard, we'll just see not we"Gazza also said he is looking for a RM or a winger on loan, contact me ;)

Player To Watch

3331_1212123798.jpg

Goal Machine Lisandro Lopez is the player to watch this season accoring to Gazza Well 47 Goals in 55 appearances says it all dont it really? how can you not call this man world class? hes going to be the one that brings us goals this season and i will say it now "HE IS NOT FOR SALE"

Jens Lehman is for loan :) first come first served

Great draw, Real Madrid, Valencia and Sporting. I will just have to do to them what I have done in previous seasons. Diarra and Sissoko leave to go back to their clubs after successful loan periods, as I start with a game v Hamilton.

Artur Boruc for sale :);)

Triestina News

Following promotion the first season, Triestina then went on to 7th last season securing european football. Narciso, brother of Juventus coach Tony said this season will be tough domestically but with Recoba and Zurawski up front they have goals and Marques is set to make his mark on the small italian club.

"Being in the SMFA Shield was a great achievement last season and we've been given a reasonable draw, Dinamo Moskva who finished 3rd in their league. It will provide a great challenge, but we didnt work all last season to bow out at the first round. So heres hoping for a good run and good season. Good luck all."

Narciso Baldo

HULSE IN SHOCK DEPARTURE..

Port vale fans woke up this morning and couldn't belive there eyes what manager gadga has done.. vales top goal scorer as left vale park in a px, rob hulse the former crewe player was bought by gadga early on in the season from sheff utd for a fee of 3.4 mill but gadga used him in a px deal to bring ecuadorian striker Pablo Palacios to vale park in a 2.5mill plus rob hulse from Deportivo Quito, manager gadga spoke to the sentinelle (the local paper in the potteries) hulsey has done a brilliant job for us last season but i felt that we needed a better quality striker up front hence why i bought Palacios to vale since i had a tip off from a scout about the player also he is a better quality than hulse... my best wishe sgo to hulse and thank him for the goals he scored last season to gain us promotion to div 2..

Marseille News

Marseille manager Louis Mattis has still stated that forward Manadou Naing (91) is still for sale to anyone who can offer a F (90) and a young 88/89 in any position.

He also stated that any 88+ loans would be helpful to help him in cup/shield/league games as Marseille will be competeing on all four fronts this season.

GOOD START FOR THE VALIANTS

63.gif

Port vale started there new life in div2 with an excellent 1-0 away win over birmingham city, the new looking vale spent a fair few million since there promotion from div 3 and they did there justice paying back manager gadga for signing them..

Both teams went straight on the attack but as birmingham went forward vale hit them on the counter attack and center back Viera Jadson kept his run going and ran onto a through ball then thumped into the top corner (14mins), still both teams went at each other and vale nearly doubled there lead when Pablo Palacios smashes a 25 yarder against the bar.. The second half was the same as the first with both teams having good chances, with vales striker Palacios having two great chances in 3mins, 1st he lacke the final touch and then chipped the keeper only to see it go over the bar, in the last 10mins vales winger degen saw his header just go past the post and in the dying mins did the same headed just past the post...

Vales manager gadga said that he was chuffed to bits with his boys attitide and performance but rest asured that life in div 2 won't be easy but it is always nice to get your first 3points on the board on the first match of the season..