Gold Championship 8 - Transfers, Rumors & Match Reports

Re: Gold Championship 8 - Transfers, Rumors & Match Reports

Lyon.jpg

SMFA Champions Cup Preview

Lyon Thrash AS Roma!

b_26357.pngAS Roma 1-4 Lyonb_26345.png

Venue: Stadio Olimpico

A thrilling results for the French champions as they eased past Dai Winston's AS Roma. The match was tipped to be extremely close as both managers have mixed results against each other, but it was the sway side who came away with the win as Mitu Ahmed, already a Champions Cup Winner, played his full strength team to come away with one of their beast results this season.

The French champions started extremely well as Fabio Grosso opened the scoring after a socking six minutes as he made no mistake from 15 yards.

AS Roma equalized 12 minutes later through left back Scherer Maxwell who thumped his shot in off the post.

However, the teams were level for just four minutes as Lyon's Brazilian striker Silver Vagner Love scored one of his best goals of his career, a powerful overhead kick.

And it was all Lyon as Gennaro Gattuso and Luka Modric got in the score sheet to make the win all the more emphatic.

0,,11114912-EX,00.jpg

Vagner Love Scores A Peach Of A Goal

Lyon play a testing semi final match against Valencia:mad:

:(

Other results saw....

Jason Malo's Sevilla thrashed by Sop's Valencia. A brace from Bobo and an Arizmendi goal gave Valencia the win.

French team Marseille edge past Liverpool through a single Bilyaletdinov goal.

And West Ham's brilliant run was over as Barcelona scored two goals through Messi and Farfan.

Two french teams (Lyon & Marseille) VS Two Spanish teams (Valencia & Barcelona).

Unlucky Dai mate ;)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Villarreal - ''La única manera está arriba'' - #1 Villarreal C.F. último! El nuevo Villarreal C.F. la Revista, ''La única manera está arriba!'' es fuera! En ello uno encontrará actual

Re: Gold Championship 8 - Transfers, Rumors & Match Reports ------Match Preview----- Hi and welcome back to Smtv I'm Stegore and with me is special guest Alan Crazy Bones Neller who i

Re: Gold Championship 8 - Transfers, Rumors & Match Reports Serie A preview. Siena vs Juventus. Siena are currently unmanaged and without Valerio Bertotto and Enrico Chiesa, they'll surely

Well done buddy.... Hope you go on to win it, although its a whole different game against the great SOP!

My backside properly handed to me! :(:eek:

Only chance of silverware now is winning the Cup on Monday, against Juve, I have failed to beat them all season, going out to them in the Shield earlier this season too.....

Simon, looks like you win the SMFA Clash mate...

Clerc, RB, 90 - Injured 6 weeks

Modric CM/AM, 90 - Injured 12 days

Govou, W/F, 92 - Injured 6 Weeks

Altintop, F. 89 - Injured 3 Weeks

Gattuso, Touallan, Squiallaci all NMF.

Still, not looking for an excuse and will give it best shot ;)

Lyon beat Sochaux 6-1 tonight to keep their three point lead at the top with PSG following.

All players will be rested on Wednesday hoping that my players can be fit to play Sop's Valencia on Friday.

I don't have any replacements for Modric or Govou:mad:

Need players ASAP -

Toulalan = CM + W

Squillaci - CB + CB

Simon' date=' looks like you win the SMFA Clash mate...

Clerc, RB, 90 - Injured 6 weeks

Modric CM/AM, 90 - Injured 12 days

Govou, W/F, 92 - Injured 6 Weeks

Altintop, F. 89 - Injured 3 Weeks

Gattuso, Touallan, Squiallaci all NMF.

Still, not looking for an excuse and will give it best shot ;)

Lyon beat Sochaux 6-1 tonight to keep their three point lead at the top with PSG following.

All players will be rested on Wednesday hoping that my players can be fit to play Sop's Valencia on Friday.

I don't have any replacements for Modric or Govou:mad:

Need players ASAP -

Toulalan = CM + W

Squillaci - CB + CB[/quote']

I'v a few warm up games before we meet lol so anything could happen to my squad as well, started with a 4-0 away win at Real Sociedad tonight, got a cup final with Louis on Monday, Celta Vigo at home on Weds and then our SMFA Semi on Friday. Lost Pantelic tonight for 9 days which is a blow hes scored 21 in the last 27 games.

I'v a few warm up games before we meet lol so anything could happen to my squad as well' date=' started with a 4-0 away win at Real Sociedad tonight, got a cup final with Louis on Monday, Celta Vigo at home on Weds and then our SMFA Semi on Friday. Lost Pantelic tonight for 9 days which is a blow hes scored 21 in the last 27 games.[/quote']

Real Madrid won tonight at Gefate. But played first team, forgot about cup game :( still playing first team :D

Must take my revenge for league and SMFA! :D

A brace from Mancini sealed the Spanish Shield for Real Madrid against Simon's Valencia' date=' revenge is sweet.

The triple in on now![/quote']

Well done Louis, I took a gamble with fielding my 2nd side and it didnt pay off this time lol, a runners up medal aint to bad particulary against the side that Liegh had put together for that Real madrid

Just got a possible league and europe double now, although I expect to get put out by lyon on Friday

Well done Louis' date=' I took a gamble with fielding my 2nd side and it didnt pay off this time lol, a runners up medal aint to bad particulary against the side that Liegh had put together for that Real madrid

Just got a possible league and europe double now, [b']although I expect to get put out by lyon on Friday[/b]

Are you serious? With injuries to star players and NMF - I don't stand a chance dude! :P

not planning on managing the International teams in this setup so i have turned down

You have decided to reject the International job offer from United States.

You have decided to reject the International job offer from Slovenia.

You have decided to reject the International job offer from Serbia.

You have decided to reject the International job offer from Paraguay.

100px-Sweden_national_football_team_logo.png

SWEDEN APPOINT BALDO!

As Sweden hit their lowest ever Fifa Ranking of 31, should there really be any optimism left in the country's footballing future? Yesterday evening, Tony Baldo was appointed as the new manager, but will it be the English/Italian tactician who'll finally restore some credibility back into the nation? His record at club-level with Juventus is impressive and the people of Sweden have backed the choice of manager but past experience has lead them not to get too excited, understanding that even better managers have came to the job and failed drastically.

ibrahimovic-zlatan-l-060610.jpg

Tony Baldo has yet to make any promises but did reveal his plans and reasoning for accepting the job, "Firstly, I'd like to thank the SvFF for offering me the job, I honestly believe that this will be an all round winning decision. I know that through club level, although I've been good at bringing in the players, my tactics have caused controversy and some criticism. Now, I feel I am improving on that side of my game though and as I take on this job with Sweden, that should surely continue. Oh and the rumors of me and Zlatan already arguing are completely crazy, we have had a discussion about getting the best out of him, as there's no doubting his potential to become perhaps the World's Best Striker."

A historic win for Lyon as they beat valencia 5-4 in penalties after the scores was level at 3-3 in normal time. French champions Lyon had to sacrifice a loss in the league on Wednesday as his stars were rested to play against the Spanish giants.

Lyon will now play another Spanish team - Barcelona as boss Sparky goes close to winning his second SMFA Champs Cup of his career.

Lyon will play Lille tomorrow and his stars will be rested, and a loss will see them drop to second place:(

A brilliant game Simon mate! And unlucky bud.

Also mega thanks to Welshy for loans ;)

A historic win for Lyon as they beat valencia 5-4 in penalties after the scores was level at 3-3 in normal time. French champions Lyon had to sacrifice a loss in the league on Wednesday as his stars were rested to play against the Spanish giants.

Lyon will now play another Spanish team - Barcelona as boss Sparky goes close to winning his second SMFA Champs Cup of his career.

Lyon will play Lille tomorrow and his stars will be rested' date=' and a loss will see them drop to second place:(

A brilliant game Simon mate! And unlucky bud.

Also mega thanks to Welshy for loans ;)[/quote']

Well done mate was a close game and pens can go either way. Hopefully I'l go one further next season lol

Now just Louis to concentrate on in this setup, I made 3 more points up on him on weds :D and a friendly match against Egypt for my Italy team

real-madrid-header.jpg

Cavenaghi hat-trick sinks Atletico!

Atletico Madrid 1-4 Real Madrid

It was the third Madrid derby between these two clubs this season, and so far Madrid had came out on top with two wins from two games, one of them included a Spanish Cup final. Mattis rested his first team, and left the job up to his second team. They dominated 59% possession, with 19 out of 45 shots on target.

Atletico world of opened the scoring on the 1 minute mark if it wasn't for Iker Casillas in the Madrid goal. Madrid broke the deadlock on 12 minutes, Fernando Cavenaghi beating two defenders and slotting home a great solo effort into the back of the Atletico net. Arjen Robben nearly doubled Madrid's lead on 21 minutes but his shot just whistled past the post. But Madrid did finally doubled there lead on 38 minutes, it came from Dutch master Wesley Sneijder hitting a powerful shot off the post. The score was 2-0 to Real Madrid at half time.

3432_1210669357.jpg3089_1215045451.jpg

(Goals from Cavenaghi and Sneijder gave Madrid a 2-0 lead at the break)

The teams came out in the second half, and Casillas saved Madrid again on 47 minutes. Atletico nearly scored there first goal of the night through Sabrosa Simao, but his shot rattled off the bar. Atletico finally scored in the 72nd minute, Luis Perea hitting a powerful right footed shot into the onion bag. But Atletico's celebrations were cut short as Madrid scored from the kick-off through Cavenaghi with a spectacular long ranged shot which flew into the top corner of the net. Cavenaghi completed his hat-trick on 88 minutes beating the offside trap and sliding the ball past the advancing keeper.

3432_1210669357.jpg

(A Cavenaghi brace in the second half gave Madrid a 4-1 victory)

2 very gud club r unmanaged in this set up..namely Feyenoord & Racing Santander with decent squads...

Feyenoord have the likes of BALLACK, TREZEGUET, NIHAT & lot of decent players...but they wont be long there as bids have been made on all of them...so if any1 want to join its the right time...

unfortunately i cudnt join it:mad: :mad:

The SMFA have stopped you joining this setup as they believe you either have an account in it already or are linked to another account. Unfortunately they will not reverse their decision and unban you from the setup. Please attempt to join another setup.
:mad: :mad: :eek:

2 very gud club r unmanaged in this set up..namely Feyenoord & Racing Santander with decent squads...

Feyenoord have the likes of BALLACK' date=' TREZEGUET, NIHAT & lot of decent players...but they wont be long there as bids have been made on all of them...so if any1 want to join its the right time...

unfortunately i cudnt join it:mad: :mad:

:mad: :mad: :eek:[/quote']

I'm the lucky one who got Feyenoord, thanks to YOU, because You noticed me about them. So these players are still in the squad and I really would like to thank You again :)

And btw I know this message well, I got this when GC28 was created.. They banned me out from a brand new setup.. I made a thread about this kind of freaky messages, namely "The GC28 Issue"...

I'm the lucky one who got Feyenoord' date=' thanks to [b']YOU[/b], because You noticed me about them. So these players are still in the squad and I really would like to thank You again :)

And btw I know this message well, I got this when GC28 was created.. They banned me out from a brand new setup.. I made a thread about this kind of freaky messages, namely "The GC28 Issue"...

Its great to see a good team rescued before they get strapped of their good players.... And for them to be taken by such a great, renowned manager is even better....

Good luck with them Mr. How! :)

Its great to see a good team rescued before they get strapped of their good players.... And for them to be taken by such a great' date=' renowned manager is even better....

Good luck with them Mr. How! :)[/quote']

Oh, thanks very much, thats very very kind :) Its a very good squad, however the team is sitting on the bottom of the league, hopefully the next season will be better, got tons of NMF players, probably thats why the poor results recently.. But, this is not my fault :)

Anyway, GC8 is a history for me, because when SM created GC8, I wasnt a gold member as I remember. My first GC was GC9, now I'm in GC8 too with legendary managers as I saw.. :D

Oh' date=' thanks very much, thats very very kind :) Its a very good squad, however the team is sitting on the bottom of the league, hopefully the next season will be better, got tons of NMF players, probably thats why the poor results recently.. But, this is not my fault :)

Anyway, GC8 is a history for me, because when SM created GC8, I wasnt a gold member as I remember. My first GC was GC9, now I'm in GC8 too with legendary managers as I saw.. :D[/quote']

I have a few players for loan mate, I'm Roma, have a look