Any MyFootballClub members here?

justlukeyou

Re: Any MyFootballClub members here?

Yeah, I'm a member! Was wondering if anyone else on here had signed up. Can't wait until we get buy a club. If anyone else is interested www.myfootballclub.co.uk is a group of fans who are pooling their money in order to purchase a professional football club. Once it has been purchased members will be able to vote online on decisions ranging from new signings to team tactics/selection - not too different from soccermanager, but for real!!

We are currently in talks with 4 clubs with Halifax Town the only club confirmed as one of the 4. If anyone is interested visit www.myfootballclub.co.uk and have a look!!

Members who sign up have already started making decisions. When you sign up the main choice you face is which club you would prefer to buy. These are listed in a league table and the team with the most votes will be the one that we try and buy. Obviously some people have voted for teams like Man Utd and Chelsea and these would be way out of our price range, but the most popular, financially viable team would be the team that we try and buy.

The members will start voting on team selection/transfers/what kind of pies to have at half time once the team has been purchased and phase 3 of the website is up and running (we are currently in phase 2). If a member feels a decision needs to be made and can give a good enough arguement to justify a vote then members will vote and it will become club policy to carry out whatever decision members make.

To sign up it costs £35.00 for a years membership. The years membership will only begin when a club is purchased and if no club is purchased within a year you get your £35.00 back with any interest earned on it going to a sports charity!!

£35 does sound a lot but if you consider that it's less than a ticket for most premiership games then it's not bad!!

PS You can join after a club has been purchased, the more the merrier!! Obviously the more people that sign up prior to purchasing a club, the more will be in the purchase fund and the better the club we can buy!

I guess the dream is to try and get a lower league club up to the Prem then who knows, maybe even Europe!!

The legal team (Yes, whe have a LEGAL TEAM!!!!) are CURRENTLY in discussion with 4 teams. One has been confirmed as Halifax Town who recently faced bankruptcy for a £100,000 debt to HM Revenue & Customs, however with the amount of members this would be easily manageable debt.

They've not given a definite date yet, however in a recent radio interview, one of the idea's developers said that hopefully they will have 'exciting news' within a couple of weeks. Hopefully this would be notification of a club purchase. They've been in discussions with clubs for about a month now and said that once negotiations had begun they thought they would take no longer than about 8 weeks.

Basically it looks like it's gonna be within the next month, at least that's what I'd guess!!

If you do sign up and go on the forums I'm on there as Pauly_A so don't forget to say hello!!

I don't believe in that project' date='i think that club can't do anything important, wasting money[/quote']

You may be right Svejk, but it's gonna be fun trying!! Realistically we'll probably end up with some conference/league 2 club so we won't be making any impact in Europe for a while but it will be interesting to see how the fans fare at running a club.

I think fans are smarter than they are given credit for and www.myfootballclub.co.uk could suprise a few people!!

• 2 months later...

A PROPOSITION

I propose that we as Soccer Manager members do two things:

1) Set up an "official" thread for the site on this forum, where the forum members who are members of MyFootballClub can discuss players, scouting, vote on stuff, etc.

2) We, as Soccer Manager members, identify ourselves as such w/in our usernames, bios, or whatever is available, on the MyFootballClub site. This is so we can all band together.

Hopefully we can be some of the most helpful to the team.

Go Ebbsfleet!

I am going to join now that they have took over a team and i hope that Ebbsfleet can get out of the conference and get into the football league. They are currently 7th so if they sign a few new players with the money they have got from are takeover they maybe with a good run of form they can get into the football league. It is also nice to hear that the manager is staying with the club and even better is that he supports the idea which sounds great. Can't wait for the first game under are charge. I want to get some more information on the players and the team and the ground and all of the that stuff but the myfootballclub website and the official clubs web page is shut so i can't access either. :eek:

As soon as the site opens back up i will join. Can't wait. :D

COME ON EBBSFLEET