James Wilson - Man United starlet

314547332C014C4C85CF0B9F981F3E89.ashx?h=311&la=ar-SA&w=240&rgn=119,0,549,556

Birthdate: 01/12/95 (17 years old)

Birthplace: Biddulph, England

Position: Striker

Team: Manchester United under 18's

Information:

From manutd.com:

An exciting talent who scored on his Under-18 debut as a 15-year-old when hitting the net against Everton.

Often played ahead of his age group, he was called up to England Schoolboys when still performing at Under-15 level, the silky striker was scouted by United when only seven years old.

Although he can play out wide on the left, he is at his most effective down the middle and is filling out to be able to thrive in that demanding role.

After recovering from a broken ankle that cruelly halted his progress, he was back in time to score a dramatic injury-time winner against Charlton Athletic in the FA Youth Cup quarter-final - surely the stuff of dreams to do so at Old Trafford at the tender age of 16.

Even though he made 10 starts (and five substitute appearances), only three players scored more than the six strikes he managed for the Under-18s and some of his finishes were top class, displaying composure and a real poacher's eye.

Remarkably, he was handed an early taste of Reserves football when coming off the bench in the fixture at West Bromwich Albion and, providing he stays injury-free and continues developing at youth level, there should be plenty to look forward to for the Biddulph-born forward in terms of more opportunities at that level.

Wilson signed professional forms on his 17th birthday towards the end of 2012.

Ahead of his agegroup:

When only 15 he was selected to play for England's under 16's. He said:

It is everyone's dream to represent their country. My family are over the moon.

The youngster says he tries to learn from Manchester United star Wayne Rooney.

He added:

I like Rooney because he plays in the same position as me. He has had his ups and downs like everyone, but I think he can be my role model.

Biddulph High School PE teacher Chris Swift said:

James has scored around 25 goals in 20 games for Manchester United's Academy, as well as 60 goals in 25 games for the school. He is a special talent who is technically very good and is very quick as well.He also has a good attitude. He's down to earth and is also achieving well in his academic studies.

Wilson rewrites history aged 16:

On 24/09/2012, Wilson scored 5 goals for United's under 18's in their 7-1 rout of Newcastle United, 4 coming in the first half. Only Deiniol Graham has scored more at United youth level, when he hit six in 1990.

Q5wjhoDpULM

2013 Dallas Cup:

On 24/03/13 Wilson scored both goals as a 52nd minute substitute in United's U19's opening 2-0 win over Club America.

9kGdmlv-iGE

First goal: 1:42:04

Second goal: 2:10:15

On 25/03/13 Wilson came on as a halftime sub, and didn't score any.

On 27/03/13 Wilson started the game, and came off at halftime with no goals.

On 30/03/13, Wilson scored a hat-trick, coming off after 55 minutes in United's 5-0 rout of Coritba, finishing the tournament with 5 goals in 190 minutes of football which equals a goal every 38 minutes he was on the pitch. Not bad for a 17 year old among the 18/19 year olds.

Re: James Wilson - Man United starlet

I know it's all speculation and he's still young but do we think he'll get much game time next season?

I think he will go on loan to another Premierleague or Championship team. More likely championship.

Re: James Wilson - Man United starlet

He made his Manchester United debut today' date=' starting in a league game vs Hull! :)[/quote']

was at the game. He looks a good player. hope he gets more game time next season