English Championship 28888

Benjo_Benjo

Re: English Championship 28888

Div 2

QPR 1 LEEDS 4

It's always great to turn over a highly-rated team and Leeds deservedly hammered QPR to score 4 for the second match in succession.

Pugh, Gustavo (og),White and Montero got the goals.

The win keeps Leeds in second behind Forest.

The win demonstrates the value of being able to field a fit team in these 46 match divisions. QPR had a couple of 90s in their side - but they can't play every match in peak condition.

We didn't expect to challenge for promotion this season - and with so many 83s in the squad it will require a major overhaul of the squad if we do end up in Div 1. That said - there are a few of the new players that I'd like to hang on to as long term prospects.

Danny Pugh will be the next player to leave the club - his prospects of rising to the max 85 allowed in div 2 look very remote at this stage of his career and we've already lined up his replacement who will be bid for imminently.

Home to Millwall next - and a much more dangerous outfit to deal with. Their manager seems to have kept his star players pretty fresh and we may well have to play a more cautious formation to try and win a tight match rather than outgun them.

The Boy Looks Xhaka'd

Leeds moved swiftly to bring in Granit's little brother,Taulant Xhaka, from Swiss team FC Basel.

Leeds offered Danny Pugh + cash to land the promising youngster who can play in 4 positions.

In other news, Leeds' handsome, rich and universally popular manager rejected a second job offer this week from div 2 giants QPR.

The 4-1 thumping that QPR received at the hands of Leeds was clearly too much to bear for their manager who quit after the match.

With two others also leaving we're down to 84 remaining managers - so another recruitment drive might be needed to stop this game world fizzling out in the coming weeks (6 clubs free in division 2 alone)

Andy Burr steered Crystal Palace to victory against Newcastle United.

Crystal Palace beat Newcastle United 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Gaitán scored the winner for Crystal Palace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Close match, an feel a little lucky to come away with the three points.

Upto 3rd :eek: Palace for the CL lol

Div 2

LEEDS 3 MILLWALL 1

Leeds go top

Leeds brushed aside another dangerous opponent to leapfrog Forest as the divisional leaders.

New signings Ginczek, Mujanga Bia and Hrgota were all on the mark for Leeds, with Veretout replying for the Lions.

Lowest home gate of the season for Leeds - illustrating what a bunch of pansies Millwall fans really are.

Leave it John, they're not worth it.

Cup R1

EXETER 3 LEEDS 4

Leeds got past Exeter after a bit of a battle.

We dominated possession, but only just made it - our young defence not really up to the task of keeping a clean sheet

Poleon (2) Xhaka and Mujanga Bia on the scoresheet

Drawn against Premier League Norwich next. It will probably be the end of the road for us - but we'll try and prove to be more than just their feeder club (as we are IRL)

In the transfer market for another good player today - hopefully a "keeper" just in case we go up.

FABIAN FREI AGREES LEEDS MOVE

Leeds United, division 2 leaders and the finest club this country has ever produced, have raided Swiss club Basel for Fabian FREI.

FREI comes in exchange for Stephen Warnock - a player who has reached his peak for a div 2 player.

I reckon Basel are very under-rated as a club. They have some great players - and aside from their excellent recent form in the European competitions they also have the spine of the present/future Swiss team.

FREI (86) comes in to the holding midfield role with Andres Hoffmann reverting to centre half. FREI can also play all three AM positions

Hopefully the last player we will need to get promotion

FABIAN FREI AGREES LEEDS MOVE

Leeds United' date=' division 2 leaders and the finest club this country has ever produced, have raided Swiss club Basel for Fabian FREI.

FREI comes in exchange for Stephen Warnock - a player who has reached his peak for a div 2 player.

I reckon Basel are very under-rated as a club. They have some great players - and aside from their excellent recent form in the European competitions they also have the spine of the present/future Swiss team.

FREI (86) comes in to the holding midfield role with Andres Hoffmann reverting to centre half. FREI can also play all three AM positions

Hopefully the last player we will need to get promotion[/quote']

Fabian Frei is a great signing for you and Leeds! Good Luck with promotion!

Brentford complete signing of Wiggins

Brentford have completed the signing of Rhoys Wiggins from Charlton for a fee believed to be 3 million pounds. "It's a pleasure to be joining Brentford and try and get them into the Championship"

118303.jpg

Hope he does you proud

New Signing for Charlton!

Today French sensation Steven Moreira has joined division 2 side Charlton Athletic. The 19 year old defender joined for £400k + Cook. The new addition to the squad will be given a rest ahead of todays crucial game against QPR. The youngster will be a key player for Charlton Athletic this season and with some more new additions coming to the squad in the next week or two you can surely expect some good things coming from Charlton Athletic this season. When we asked the youngster about his move here's what he said:

"I'm happy that i'm here playing my football for Charlton Athletic, I feel that I can be of some importance to this club and I feel that I can give 100% on the pitch and in training. I'm glad that Jackal brought me here. I hope that I can have a successful season and hopefully we (Charlton) can get promoted"