English Championship 28888

Benjo_Benjo

Re: English Championship 28888

DIV 2

LEEDS 2 DONCASTER 1

Leeds made hard work of beating their lowly Yorkshire rivals - but got there in the end.

A Wilson penalty put Donny ahead after 6 minutes, but Johnny Howson levelled for Leeds before half time.

New signing Fabian Frei got the winner on his debut.

Another big crowd and the best start to an inaugural season that I've ever had.

Top of div 2 and looking good at the moment.

A Shield match for the kids next v Aldershot - a dangerous looking outfit from the lower divisions whose manager has got them playing well. I hope our ratings advantage is enough to ensure a win.

Andy Burr was unable to prevent a Crystal Palace defeat to Manchester United.

Crystal Palace slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Manchester United in their Division 1 fixture.

Rather pleased not to get a hammering, but do feel we deserved a point.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0SWK9olQNPtorbFe8745vEHehpVxd2GlzhJBp0F3Yl9MB_7XR

I've been away for the last 2 weeks, so got a very unfit squad but I did manage to bring in 2 new players before yesterdays game.

46788.jpg

David Lopez signs from Espanyol

54141.jpg

Sousa Mauro signs from Braga

Both players went straight into the team for the game at Wigan, in which we earned a point from a 0-0 draw.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0SWK9olQNPtorbFe8745vEHehpVxd2GlzhJBp0F3Yl9MB_7XR

I've been away for the last 2 weeks' date=' so got a very unfit squad but I did manage to bring in 2 new players before yesterdays game.[/center']

46788.jpg

David Lopez signs from Espanyol

54141.jpg

Sousa Mauro signs from Braga

Both players went straight into the team for the game at Wigan, in which we earned a point from a 0-0 draw.

Great signings for you!

Shield R1

LEEDS 3 ALDERSHOT 1

Safely through against an in-form side who sit 2nd in Div 5

I was worried about this one - it's always unpredictable when you meet a side on a winning streak - but 2 early goals settled it.

Another 30,000+ crowd was a nice bonus for the club bank manager.

Shawn Parker (2mins) and Poleon (22mins) put us in control and Norris added a third before a Shots consolation from Lucao.

Shots were good and the match summary showed that we had to work for the win. A home draw against unmanaged Wimbledon next for Leeds in t'Shield.

Shield Round 1:

Managed to grab my first win as Charlton Athletic manager. I beat Palace 5-2 in the first round' date=' delighted with this win"[/quote']

Nice win mate..our keeper had a shocker!

I had another shock when I somehow subbed on both my first-team CB's at 75'mins!! Im sure I knocked those subs off of the game plan, they needed to be rested lol

Sunderland breezed past Hereford United as expected with half our d team so glad to get through easily 3-1.

Unfortunately Dani Alves is still injured for another 12 days, aswell as Philippe Mexes for another 5 days which is really going to hurt us especially with a match against Manchester United tonight, De Rossi & Cambiasso may have to go play CB tonight rather than their usual defensive midfield roles (Abidal, Robben & Pirlo also expected to miss)

Div 2

MIDDLESBORO 2 LEEDS 2

The leaders extend their unbeaten run to 10 matches with this draw. Boro had their biggest crowd of the season - as you'd expect when Leeds come to town.

It should have been a lot better - we bossed the match but let Boro come back twice.

Ginczek scored after 3 minutes to keep up his goal-a-game streak.

Jeannot equalised for Boro on 19 mins but Montero restored Leeds' advantage before half time. Mlapa's red card on 35 minutes turned the game and

Jorginho levelled again on 62.

A surprise home defeat for Ipswich sees Leeds maintain a 4 point advantage over the chasing pack.

We face a very strong Bournemouth next and then div1 Norwich in the cup. A hard spell lies ahead...

Div 2

MIDDLESBORO 2 LEEDS 2

The leaders extend their unbeaten run to 10 matches with this draw. Boro had their biggest crowd of the season - as you'd expect when Leeds come to town.

It should have been a lot better - we bossed the match but let Boro come back twice.

Ginczek scored after 3 minutes to keep up his goal-a-game streak.

Jeannot equalised for Boro on 19 mins but Montero restored Leeds' advantage before half time. Mlapa's red card on 35 minutes turned the game and

Jorginho levelled again on 62.

A surprise home defeat for Ipswich sees Leeds maintain a 4 point advantage over the chasing pack.

We face a very strong Bournemouth next and then div1 Norwich in the cup. A hard spell lies ahead...

fantastic form your in....but don't slip up because Watford will be right behind you all the way! lol

fantastic form your in....but don't slip up because Watford will be right behind you all the way! lol

Watford? Ah yes, I can just see you in the distance jockeying for position with the rest of the peloton..

Good luck.

Next couple of matches might give you a big chance of catching up - Bournemouth have a team of veteran 90s and then we'll probably face a full strength Norwich in the Cup which will weaken us for the next league match after that

Div 2

LEEDS 4 BOURNEMOUTH 2

Leeds brushed aside a strong Cherries side - with Hrgota shining in the absence of the suspended Mlapa.

Hrgota's brace saw Leeds 2-1 up at half time. White and Mujanga Bia made the score 4-1 before Trezeguet pulled a second back for Bournemouth.

Keep our 4 point lead at the top and send Cherries to only their second league defeat.

A tough week ahead still, Norwich in the Cup and then Hannah's strong Forest team away - they sit in 2nd place now. Watford (3rd) follow immediately after.