HOMEWORK THREAD

Guest Braap

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: HOMEWORK THREAD

Well there are severe differences between the two numbers' date=' so you take the denominator and add X to Y which gives you 8y6X, then you divide by 4 and that gives you your answer.

Hope this helps![/quote']

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL:D

Oh and if anyone is stuck on Science, check out bitesize, the videos really helped me.

no' date=' i ditched a levels and gone straight in to work. but english obviously wasnt one of your best subjects so i feel you made a mistake by choosing it in the first place.[/quote']

I probably did make the wrong call but, without making excuses, there were a few teaching issues as well.

@Predator, ignoring the fact i got a U, i can still be of some service if you'd still like some help. PM me if you wish.

I probably did make the wrong call but' date=' without making excuses, there were a few teaching issues as well.

@Predator, ignoring the fact i got a U, i can still be of some service if you'd still like some help. PM me if you wish.[/quote']

Cheers, but given in my draft today. I should be getting back my coursework back tomorrow to make improvements, so we'll see from there.. :)

It's not a lot' date=' but i need to find a newspaper article on the internet which shows the good side of Polish immigration. Can anyone help me with this, don't need to be a genius just can't find anything :o[/quote']

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/3248852/Polish-immigrants-leaving-Britain-What-the-Poles-did-for-us.html

any use to you:confused:

• 1 year later...
Guest Scout Maker

Explain the following:

Small sticks catch fire much more quickly than a big log

Food keeps longer in a freezer than in a refigerator

A splint burns steadily in air, but flares up when put into a jar of oxygen.

This is just basic Chemistry and I have rough answers for each but I was wondering if any of you could give me answers which make sense and are only a few lines long.

This is part of a much bigger assignment so I don't want to look like an idiot getting these sort of questions wrong. :o;)

Explain the following:

A splint burns steadily in air' date=' but flares up when put into a jar of oxygen.

This is just basic Chemistry and I have rough answers for each but I was wondering if any of you could give me answers which make sense and are only a few lines long.

This is part of a much bigger assignment so I don't want to look like an idiot getting these sort of questions wrong. :o;)[/quote']

1st ones about density - 2nd one about bacteria and 3rd one about flammability

Guest Scout Maker

Explain the following:

A splint burns steadily in air' date=' but flares up when put into a jar of oxygen.

This is part of a much bigger assignment so I don't want to look like an idiot getting these sort of questions wrong. :o;)[/quote']

Anyone? Just need 1/2 sentences for each.

Explain the following:

1) This is to do with the surface area to mass ratio i think

2)The bacteria reproduce slower when in freezing conditions

3)Oxygen it what burns in the reaction turning into CO2 so its what makes the splint "burn away".

Hope that helped

Guest Scout Maker

1st ones about density - 2nd one about bacteria and 3rd one about flammability
1) This is to do with the surface area to mass ratio i think

2)The bacteria reproduce slower when in freezing conditions

3)Oxygen it what burns in the reaction turning into CO2 so its what makes the splint "burn away".

Hope that helped

Thanks guys :)

• 1 year later...

Two Physics questions I'm stuck on - nothing extremely difficult, just unsure how to work them out without using SUVAT equations...

a) A car of mass 600kg is travelling at 10m/s. When the brakes are applied, it comes to rest in 10m.?

What is the average force exerted by the brakes?

B) A car of mass 80kg is at rest. The engine exerts a resultant force of 2000N for a distance of 5m?

What is then its KE?

What is then its speed?

We haven't done SUVAT equations, the only ones we should use for these questions are...

Change in Gravitational PE = Weight x Change in Height

OR

Change in Gravitational PE = Mass x g x Change in Height

Kinetic Energy = 1/2 x Mass x Speed Squared

Archived