Selling a player

Jon G

At one of my current teams I have to many CB's and I'm looking to sell one and I've narrowed it down to

Edcarlos Conceição Santos, or simply Edcarlos (born May 10, 1985 in Bahia), is a Brazilian central defender who currently plays for Benfica after signing from São Paulo on August 27, 2007.

Sao Paulo 2003-2007 64 appearances 2 goals

Anton Ferdinand currently playing for West Ham United. He plays as a central defender.

West Ham United 2003–present 117 appearances 3 goals

Both 22 years old and rated 86. So which one is more likely to increase in rating and therefore I should keep?

Re: Selling a player

At one of my current teams I have to many CB's and I'm looking to sell one and I've narrowed it down to

Edcarlos Conceição Santos' date=' or simply Edcarlos (born May 10, 1985 in Bahia), is a Brazilian central defender who currently plays for Benfica after signing from São Paulo on August 27, 2007.

Sao Paulo 2003-2007 64 appearances 2 goals

[b']Anton Ferdinand[/b] currently playing for West Ham United. He plays as a central defender.

West Ham United 2003–present 117 appearances 3 goals

Both 22 years old and rated 86. So which one is more likely to increase in rating and therefore I should keep?

This is a tough call, Santos has only just moved club and hasn't played a game yet. Whereas Ferdinand has played 4 of West Ham's 5 games.

If it was me i'd probably sell Santos, I don't think either player will probably head much above 86 this season, and with Ferdinand he won't change for 3-4 months at least.

Re: Selling a player

Edcarlos is hard to know what to do with if you're playing a club that can't afford to sit and wait on him for awhile. He's playing in Portugal, which I believe is in the next ratings change, and due to injuries he's gotten a couple of starts for Benfica - including against AC Milan in the Champions League. His performance was solid at first but he looked really shaky against Milan. Many fans on BigSoccer's Benfica forum refer to him as a "5th CB" for the side and are concerned he's playing.

So who knows whether playing twice in the Champ's league and waiting for starters to get healthy is enough for a boost. Unless you really need the cash or have a good PE deal on the table, I'd say sit on both CBs until the next ratings change and if Edcarlos doesn't go up, sell him.