Sign in to follow this  
Pip

Mundus Originibus - The WC Discussion Thread

Re: Mundus Originibus - The WC Discussion Thread

I wasnt in 33333 but you can put me on the provisional list Kev.

Not sure how I feel about inverted leagues. Unless you grab a big team the fun of WC's like this is taking an underdog and trying to get them from the bottom to the top.

No thoughts on this anyone? :o

Barely read this. :P

So you would want the top clubs at the top?

What do you guys think?

Top clubs remain at the top or start at the bottom?

i think its a good move to start with the bigger clubs lower down just because its going to make it harder for them to get the div one title due to promotion restrictions (only 3 up a season i think) and in that time period it'll be giving the smaller clubs who are all in div 1 a needed cash boost if they place well

also i think taking a smaller club in this scenario will actually be harder because if you do end up getting relegated in first few seasons then you've really gotta work a miracle of sorts to make sure you don't go all the way down the slide

so it makes avoiding relegation just as important as winning a division which i think is good as alot lose interest as soon as they realise they can't win the league as they now when they do go down they'll just dominate the division below due to being the 2bigger club" which will be eliminated from the equasion if they stay as they are

Barely read this. :P

So you would want the top clubs at the top?

What do you guys think?

Top clubs remain at the top or start at the bottom?

i think its a good move to start with the bigger clubs lower down just because its going to make it harder for them to get the div one title due to promotion restrictions (only 3 up a season i think) and in that time period it'll be giving the smaller clubs who are all in div 1 a needed cash boost if they place well

also i think taking a smaller club in this scenario will actually be harder because if you do end up getting relegated in first few seasons then you've really gotta work a miracle of sorts to make sure you don't go all the way down the slide

I'm not trying to cause any trouble - just see it as a valid point as you are basing this in on other traditional WC's but then are flipping the teams around.

It's either a tribute to WC, or an upside down custom WC.

Either way I might take on Celtic if its to remain the more custom option of the two :)

whats the thinking on the starting transfer funds?

basic or altered?

That's another thing I want you guys to choose.

Altered so every team has a fair start economically wise? Possibly 20M so nobody over spends on players that are at external and have to use some of their players.

or

Basic where you can end up with 30+M if you're a top club and 10-20M if you are an average club.

That's another thing I want you guys to choose.

Altered so every team has a fair start economically wise?

or

Basic where you can end up with 30+M if you're a top club and 10-20M if you are an average club.

well madrid' date=' barca start off with about 36=38mil basic so personally i'd lean towards altering it so everyone has a fairer start, ie barc, madrid etc start off with pretty much there basic and everyone else gets about a 15=20mil boost

just a shame theres not an option to do specific division funds

[/font']

How about if you start the leagues upside down then the top teams can only deal with managed teams and the teams in division 1 and maybe 2 get to buy from externals, giving them a head start to make it a level playing field???

That's if you want to go down that route.

I think Ash has a point. When you're not a big club in WC, the thrill of taking the small team is to take them from the bottom to Division 1. That's what keeps you interested in the game world as you want to take your little Division 3 side to the top.

I think Ash has a point. When you're not a big club in WC' date=' the thrill of taking the small team is to take them from the bottom to Division 1. That's what keeps you interested in the game world as you want to take your little Division 3 side to the top.[/quote']

It will be as much hard to take division 3 Porto or CSKA or another average team to division 1, because for the first couple of seasons Barcelona or Man Utd or Real would still have a better squad for promotion. And as someone said, not getting relegated in division 1 with Boca Juniors or Saint-Ettiene will also be a challenge, if you're into teams like that. This inverted setup lets managers choose their playing style just as well, as in a traditional WC.

I think it should stay like this, and the only other rule should be on not buying from unmanaged. On money issue I have no prefferences, but equal cash ammount also would help smaller teams.

For managers, who think it's just too easy to play like this with a small team, at the very start just sell one or two of your best players for youngsters and you will have the game as hard as you wish ;)

It will be as much hard to take division 3 Porto or CSKA or another average team to division 1' date=' because for the first couple of seasons Barcelona or Man Utd or Real would still have a better squad for promotion. And as someone said, not getting relegated in division 1 with Boca Juniors or Saint-Ettiene will also be a challenge, if you're into teams like that. This inverted setup lets managers choose their playing style just as well, as in a traditional WC.

I think it should stay like this, and the only other rule should be on not buying from unmanaged. On money issue I have no prefferences, but equal cash ammount also would help smaller teams.

For managers, who think it's just too easy to play like this with a small team, at the very start just sell one or two of your best players for youngsters and you will have the game as hard as you wish ;)[/quote']

This is the most mixed up post I think I've ever seen.

-Being a small club in division one with average teams makes it harder? Ay? - not for the first 2 season until division 3 clubs catch up.

-People should accept a challenge with average teams but should be given the same money as the better teams? Ay? How would Saint-Etienne have the same money as Man City?

-If average teams want more of a challenge they should sell their better players? Ay? I have absolutely no comeback to this lol.

My point is this is advertised as a tribute to WC. But what it's turned into is an upside down custom.

I'm not for or against anything but it needs to be cleared up on what this setup actually is.

Hey guys.

What do you guys think on me creating it this Sunday?!

We currently have 24/48 managers interested.

I'm going to be asking more managers to join so hopefully we can get some more.

:)

Hey guys.

Fine with me, i may not be around though, so would i still get a club or is it first come first served?

Hey guys.

yeah think thats fine' date=' think its going to be one of those that takes off as soon as its seen to have some following behind it.[/font']

Looks like we need quite a few more interested managers at the moment' date=' so if you haven't already done so get your name down to confirm your interest.
B)[/center']

You'll need one more. Can you please take me off the list Kev.

None of my points have been addressed so would prefer to sit this one out.

Cheers anyway - & good luck all especially Celtic who I will be personally routing for as thats who I would have gone for.

I'm interested in this. I was looking for a WC to join. I'm not a fan of the upside down thing. If we are looking for a tribute to WC type GW we better keep it totally same to a WC :)

You'll need one more. Can you please take me off the list Kev.

None of my points have been addressed so would prefer to sit this one out.

Cheers anyway - & good luck all especially Celtic who I will be personally routing for as thats who I would have gone for.

Real shame you're out pal, haven't followed the discussion tbh, I've been busy trying to catch up in school lately lol Hope you change your mind tho.

Anyway, Kev I know this is your gw and you can obviously go at it however you want. But 48 does seem like too big to fill. And even if we do get some 15-20 last minute managers in, I wouldn't get my hopes up of those being the type of managers you want (the lasting ones) Also, people tend to quit...alot.. so maintaining it full at 48 is not likely mate.

Have you considered cutting down on clubs a bit mate? instead of 3 div's with 16 each you could still make it 3 div but with 14 or even 12 in each. Making it 42 or 36 clubs respectively.

Real shame you're out pal' date=' haven't followed the discussion tbh, I've been busy trying to catch up in school lately lol Hope you change your mind tho.

Anyway, Kev I know this is your gw and you can obviously go at it however you want. But 48 does seem like too big to fill. And even if we do get some 15-20 last minute managers in, I wouldn't get my hopes up of those being the type of managers you want (the lasting ones) Also, people tend to quit...alot.. so maintaining it full at 48 is not likely mate.

Have you considered cutting down on clubs a bit mate? instead of 3 div's with 16 each you could still make it 3 div but with 14 or even 12 in each. Making it 42 or 36 clubs respectively.[/quote']

I second this (both parts), I know from history that 48 is a big number and having run what was the biggest forum custom game world I know for one that 48 maybe a little too many, if you don't want too many unmanaged teams that is.

Also Ash, sad to see your not joining but I've also mentioned a couple of things and they haven't been addressed, I'm guessing Kev must be busy mate.

Lastly maybe we should stick to the top teams at the top but maybe ban them from buying from external teams until say turn 4/5 or maybe even the first season but allow them to deal with other managers, that way the lesser teams get a head start and it'll also make them more appealing.

Very sorry guys, been busy with school as this week has been crazy and just really read everything and concerns some of you guys have so here it goes.

Number of teams:

There will be 3 Divisions. In each division, there will be only 12 teams. 2 teams will move up. 1 through automatic promotion and the other one through play offs.

Placement of teams:

The top teams will be placed in Division 1. (ex: Manchester United, etc) The lower top teams will be placed in Division 3. (ex: Ajax, etc)