Sign in to follow this  
Pip

Mundus Originibus - The WC Discussion Thread

Re: Mundus Originibus - The WC Discussion Thread

Now an idea I would like to bring up is what Arfon has mentioned on the Division 1 teams not being able to deal with externals until possibly Turn 2 if all of you are okay with it.

Another thing I want to bring up. Each team will be given 25M to spend?

Is that reasonable enough?

Also as for teams being distributed, will everyone agree to those who had reserved a team in WC33333 have the option to select their team they reserved here as well?

(Ex: Kopstar reserved Manchester City in WC33333 so he can select them here if he wants them with no competition)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have two ideas here:

• I will post a time and day on when you can go on the thread and select your team.
    (Ex: On Saturday at 23:00 soccermanager gametime, you come and the thread in a post you state your team.
  • Another option is where every team will be assigned a number. As well as every manager will be assigned a number.
    (Ex: Arsenal - #17. Manager with #17 gets that team.)

Which idea do you prefer? If you have another method please state. :)

Guest The Mechanic

I've just seen this, I'm Schalke in 33333 and I'd really love to join.

Also as for teams being distributed' date=' will everyone agree to those who had reserved a team in WC33333 have the option to select their team they reserved here as well?

(Ex: Kopstar reserved Manchester City in WC33333 so he can select them here if he wants them with no competition)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have two ideas here:

[list'][*]I will post a time and day on when you can go on the thread and select your team.

(Ex: On Saturday at 23:00 soccermanager gametime, you come and the thread in a post you state your team.

[*]Another option is where every team will be assigned a number. As well as every manager will be assigned a number.

(Ex: Arsenal - #17. Manager with #17 gets that team.)

Which idea do you prefer? If you have another method please state. :)

Just wanted to ask if you could address my question about people who reserved in wC33333 having to get what team they reserved or being able to just get first pick?

Idea one isnt good as it negatively affects people in certain time zones.

Im not sure with the assign of 'drafting' people teams. Always results in some people annoyed with who they got and not putting the effort in.

What would the full list of the three divisions be?

Just wanted to ask if you could address my question about people who reserved in wC33333 having to get what team they reserved or being able to just get first pick?

Idea one isnt good as it negatively affects people in certain time zones.

Im not sure with the assign of 'drafting' people teams. Always results in some people annoyed with who they got and not putting the effort in.

What would the full list of the three divisions be?

It's the team they reserved. So you will not have first pick on another club.

The full list of the 3 updated divisions is on the first page :)

I'll try and get Ash back in as it's a big loss for the setup and his ideas have been taken into account.

And second of all, I'm with Kop here, the first idea is a huge disadvantage for those in different time zones like myself. I'm getting Spurs as I had them in 33333 but still a huge disadvantage for the others.

Why not just do a random draw? But that would mean waiting until you have enough managers in.

How about just PMing me your Top 3 (or more) choices?

If say two managers want Arsenal, then a random draw between them will be done.

As when we do random draws many managers end up with teams they dislike and then quitting.

How about just PMing me your Top 3 (or more) choices?

If say two managers want Arsenal' date=' then a random draw between them will be done.

As when we do random draws many managers end up with teams they dislike and then quitting.[/quote']

tbh those managers who do that shouldn't be in the game world.

just had a quick read through the last few posts,

on the picking team thingy, whatever you choose to do it will never suit everyone ,so really its best to go with whatever you want on this as you'll never get a unified response.

shame to see its now gone back to top teams in division one etc but won't make to much of a difference i suppose

budget amounts fine to me

really don't like the issue of banning div 1 clubs from bidding on externals til after turn "such and such"

mainly because there isn't a huge gulf in class in world champs as it is and with only using such a small selection of clubs by banning div 1 teams from bidding you could end up making it so the teams below are actually stronger than the above teams due to there being alot of high rated players up for grabs

you now because apart from the odd exceptions some div one teams are only separated from a lower div team by maybe one or two higher rated players

plus with the budget in place most of the advantage has been taken away already

im not that fussed TBH as i was never in the original WC33333, so if i get in its a bonus, agree with Dan don't think stopping the big clubs going external for some many turns just complicates things and if budgets are set at a certain level then most clubs will be at the same level.

and stops the " oh i forgot i though it was turn 5 not turn 6":rolleyes:

im not that fussed TBH as i was never in the original WC33333' date=' so if i get in its a bonus, agree with Dan don't think stopping the big clubs going external for some many turns just complicates things and if budgets are set at a certain level then most clubs will be at the same level.

and stops the " oh i forgot i though it was turn 5 not turn 6":rolleyes:[/quote']

Agree completely

I dont want anyone to change the setup cuz of me - I just wanted some clarification that's all.

It's Mr Juniors setup and if he wanted it upside down who am I to say different.

I'm really edging towards Celtic. Unless I get Chelsea or Real Madrid hehe.

tbh those managers who do that shouldn't be in the game world.

I agree with this.

I'd be happy with whatever club I end up with. The activity here on the thread keeps me more interested in the game world as oppose to what team I get.

So we all okay with it being a random draw?!

You'll be allowed to swap teams between each other as well.

------------or----------

Have everyone just PM your choices and we can go from there?

(27 managers, just need 9 more!)

So we all okay with it being a random draw?!

You'll be allowed to swap teams between each other as well.

------------or----------

Have everyone just PM your choices and we can go from there?

(27 managers' date=' just need 9 more!)[/quote']

random draw for everyone or just for the teams that are left over from the ones that are originally taken by the managers from 33333?(just wanna be 100% clear whats happening as a few things have changed a few times now;))

random draw for everyone or just for the teams that are left over from the ones that are originally taken by the managers from 33333?(just wanna be 100% clear whats happening as a few things have changed a few times now;))

Random draw with everyone. :)

Random draw with everyone. :)

well slightly disappointing (from a personal point of view ofc:D)

but not too fussed and certainly not worthy of a "toys outta pram" moment:D

so to clarify its going to be a totally random draw' date=' non of this "send in preferences malarky then random from that"(which personally i think will cut down on alot of issues and work for yourself)

then managers are allowed a time period if needs be to swappsie there teams?

[/font']

I think you've gone with the most diplomatic approach in saying random draw for everyone Kevin. Despite it meaning myself losing out on Spurs, it's the best way to go IMO. Are you going to do the draw now or wait till you have 36 managers interested?