Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

ian neller

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Haha' date=' remember when we had Robbo and he scored against Foster from our own end, during his loan days at Watford. :rolleyes:[/font']

Forgot that was against Foster, I loved the way he just watched it bounce over his head. Surely one of the best goals the Premiership has seen... at least some the best/worst goalkeeping depending on which team you supported.

David James rumours always seem to be going around. Defoe' date=' Kranjcar and Crouch were all signed from Portsmouth and it would not suprise me if James did join them.[/quote']

Hmm... now that you mention it =/ I could see us getting a taste of the ol' calamity James, but tbh I've never really liked him, would rather have Ian Walker back. :D

Hmm... now that you mention it =/ I could see us getting a taste of the ol' calamity James' date=' but tbh I've never really liked him, would rather have Ian Walker back. :D[/font']

Lets get Jennings out of his office and warmed up, I bet he could still give a better performance than most British keepers.

Lets get Jennings out of his office and warmed up' date=' I bet he could still give a better performance than most British keepers.[/quote']

In all seriousness my preference for our no.1 GK, would be Lloris, a sensational talent, although we probably wouldn't be able to afford him, nor would he want to leave Lyon, unless maybe we could finish in a CL spot this year, or if we possibly get taken over by an Arab then we could be in with a shot. :rolleyes:

Having said that though, regardless of whom we would get as a GK, it wouldn't even matter unless we improve our 'back 4'. Ledley has shown once again he can have moments of greatness, which would shout praise of an England call-up, then he'll either get injured of have about 4 appalling matches *cough* VS Arsenal! He's not the only weak-link though, we got Bassong, who granted is a gem of a buy by Hazza, but he has 'African-Cup' duties in Jan, so we'll lose him for a while, Woodsy I have no quarrel with really, Corluka... my only squash with him is, I think we need to get him HIGH before a match, he need's more pace, the EPL aint no league. As for Hutton... dead oh dear.... was quite happy when we first got him as I was impressed by his play on Gers, but things have gone down-hill, theirs also Essou-Ekotto, Bale, who I STILL BELIEVE IN. As for Chimbonda, Dawson, Hazza needs to send 'em joggin come January.

So ahead of our fixture at home against Wigan we have some promising news on the injuries front with both Bassong and Modric back in the frame, though still unlikely to feature due to fitness.

However we have Lennon back, hopefully he will carry on with his form that got him his recent England call ups... and a hopeful ratings increase to 90/91.

Also Keane should be really up this and hoping to put a dissapointing week and the Ireland vs France debacle behind him by ripping the Latics defense apart.

The game also see Wilson Palacios play against his former employers for the first time, should be meaty!

So ahead of our fixture at home against Wigan we have some promising news on the injuries front with both Bassong and Modric back in the frame' date=' though still unlikely to feature due to fitness.

However we have Lennon back, hopefully he will carry on with his form that got him his recent England call ups... and a hopeful ratings increase to 90/91.

Also Keane should be really up this and hoping to put a dissapointing week and the Ireland vs France debacle behind him by ripping the Latics defense apart.

The game also see Wilson Palacios play against his former employers for the first time, should be meaty![/quote']

... so in short, I expect nothing less that a win, then again as we've learnt over the past numerous years, at White Hart Pain expectations are only met with disappointment, so we'll see what happens. :o Here's hoping that we stay in 4th for many more weeks to come, I won't make CL 'shout-out' claims yet for us, as that would be quite amateur.

what I am saying is when we lose he sometimes sends out Mike Phelan to face the camera

He doesn't send out Phelan just when you lose, he has always sent out his assistant since the BBC put his son (not Darren) in bad light for something or other.

Next year it is going to be mandatory anyway, so Ferguson will have no choice.

And lol @ Wigan. Second biggest win in the EPL's history.

Fergie got all butthurt after that Panorama program that was all smoke and mirrors and no actual facts about corruption in football. They insinuated that his agent son uses his old mans status to fill his own pockets. I think Allardyce and Redknapp boycotted the beeb after it was shown as well.

From Anthony' date=' jolly Spurs fan in Berlin, via text on 81111: "I think we should petition the Premier League for a replay after Scharner's handball. Maybe we can get 10 this time."

:D[/quote']

Surely it is time for video replays, I mean Scharner's handball could of changed the outcome of the whole match!

What a game, and good to see that it was fairly clean with only one booking, I was expecting Wigan to be a bit bullish especially when the goals started rattling in.

Lennon and Defoe were outstanding, they would have given any defenders nightmares with such a display. Credit must be given to Huddlestone and Kranjca who both were excellent. The defense and Palacios marshaled any Wigan thoughts of attack well too. I think we can put to bed the idea that Defoe and Lennon won't get rises in the ratings, definitely a 91 and 90 coming up.

I think it unkind on Kirkland to award an own goal for Bentley's freekick he had a ghreat game despite picking the ball out of his own net 9 times, and it is also a bit unfair that such a good strike will go down in the records with out Bentleys name on it, he is having a bad time really at Spurs and this could be the lift he needed.

So I was optimistic about Keane featuring in this match and he might struggle to usurp Defoe and Crouch or Kranjca now, but that's no bad thing. The longer he sits on the bench the more he will have to prove and I'm sure that after the France match he will have the bit between the teeth. It was good to see Bassong back, now we await the imminent return of Modric... happy days at the lane!

He doesn't send out Phelan just when you lose' date=' he has always sent out his assistant since the BBC put his son (not Darren) in bad light for something or other.

Next year it is going to be mandatory anyway, so Ferguson will have no choice.

And lol @ Wigan. Second biggest win in the EPL's history.[/quote']

I know that but I have seen him giving interviews or was I dreaming:confused:

I know that but I have seen him giving interviews or was I dreaming:confused:

He gives post show interviews for ITV and Sky still' date=' they haven't upset a grown man by saying mean things about his little baby. You do feel sorry for the guy though, I hope he never hears what I think about him or might go and sulk in the corner for six years.

An excerpt form a the Independent:

"He made it clear that he is still furious about a BBC documentary from 2004, called Father and Son, which portrayed his agent son, Jason, as somebody who exploited his father's influence and position to his own ends in the transfer market. Ferguson jnr was never found guilty of any wrongdoing, and Sir Alex said he would never speak to the BBC again, a promise he has kept."

From the Times:

It's not a grudge, it's a stance,” Ferguson insisted. But does it really count as a stance if no one can remember what the stance is over and why it so badly needed to be taken? Is there any such thing as a “mystery stance”? It's not about horses, by the way. Just to jog your memories, we're talking about the post-May 2004 ban after a documentary that examined the role of Ferguson's son, Jason, in transfers involving Manchester United.

"Now, no one would deny that Father and Son was less than kind about Jason. But refusing to go on Match of the Day because of a programme put together by a different department probably makes as much sense as starlings boycotting all location-filmed dramas because of something Bill Oddie said on Springwatch. It certainly suggests that Ferguson has a slightly paranoid picture of the BBC as a supremely organised, unified entity, speaking from top to bottom with one editorial voice."

A bit about new laws from FA from the Telegraph:

"In the same week in which he was hit with the most severe punishment the Football Association has handed out for comments about a referee, Ferguson has suffered another blow to his authority as the Premier League passed a motion at its board meeting on Thursday to make post-match interviews with rights holders mandatory.

Any manager who does not will be in breach of Premier League rules and subject to a sliding scale of punishments.

The new rules could also force Ferguson to speak to the written press. For the last seven years he has been the only manager in the league to consistently refuse to talk to newspaper reporters after Premier League games, only giving interviews to Manchester United’s in-house television station MUTV.

Under the new rules it is also mandatory for the manager or a senior member of the coaching staff to give a press conference.

In a further widening of media access by the Premier League, television rights holders will be allowed on to the pitch to interview players from the winning team straight after the final whistle, as happens in the FA Cup final. If the game ends in a draw both sets of players can be interviewed."

Now can we get off the topic of Ferguson and Man Utd. after all this is Tottenhams official thread.