Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

ian neller

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Do you think Dawson will leave? QPR have bidded just over 5mill for him.

I personally think hes your best defender last season so would be surprised if you accept the offer

SSN are massively below the offer. It's a hell of alot nearer 10m.

Not sure if he will leave. Clearly not high in the pecking order and a guy like him deserves first team football.

Not sure if the best defender last season is sarcasm or not. After all he only played about 4 games due to 2 bad injuries.

What several news sources have quoted.

Congrats on saturday's result btw.

Norwich are idiots if that's true,much like Q.P.R if there supposed to be paying near £10 Million for Dawson,Levy is great at getting clubs to pay over the odds for players they really don't want.

And thanks for the congrats,I wasn't all that impressed with us and think a draw or a Spurs Win woulld have been a much fairer result,just think you lacked a presence upfront which Adebayor will now provide.

Norwich are idiots if that's true' date='much like Q.P.R if there supposed to be paying near £10 Million for Dawson,Levy is great at getting clubs to pay over the odds for players they really don't want.

And thanks for the congrats,I wasn't all that impressed with us and think a draw or a Spurs Win woulld have been a much fairer result,just think you lacked a presence upfront which Adebayor will now provide.[/quote']

I have said it before, Levy is a genius. Some of the deals he does are ridiculous.

Agreed we were much the better side but you were clinical and that's what you need in the premiership. Hopefully Ade and the next striker we sign (Hopefully Damiao) are more clinical than Defoe

Wow, Levy is a genius (although he's still nothing on Huw Jenkins). I'd love QPR and Norwich to go down and signing Dawson and Bassong for those sorts of prices will only help. I thought Bassong was an awful signing when I assumed they had paid £1-2 million for him but £5.5 million is serious money, and judging by his time at Wolves he's not Premier League standard.

Wow' date=' Levy is a genius (although he's still nothing on Huw Jenkins). I'd love QPR and Norwich to go down and signing Dawson and Bassong for those sorts of prices will only help. I thought Bassong was an awful signing when I assumed they had paid £1-2 million for him but £5.5 million is serious money, and judging by his time at Wolves he's not Premier League standard.[/quote']

And Levy and Jenkins are nothing on Mike Ashley :P,in all seriouness if Spurs do sign Adebayor,Moutinho,Johnson,Vertonghen and Sigurdsson that's cracking business.

Espically when the cost of that is around £50 Million or so and would be mostly off set by Modric,Dawson,Bassong,Pienaar,Corluka and Kranjcar,would probably be coming up with a profit at the end of that and I reckon they would have improved the squad overall.

And Levy and Jenkins are nothing on Mike Ashley :P' date='in all seriouness if Spurs do sign Adebayor,Moutinho,Johnson,Vertonghen and Sigurdsson that's cracking business.

Espically when the cost of that is around £50 Million or so and would be mostly off set by Modric,Dawson,Bassong,Pienaar,Corluka and Kranjcar,would probably be coming up with a profit at the end of that and I reckon they would have improved the squad overall.[/quote']

Not sure, we are in slight profit now and we probably still have Modric, Dawson, Giovani + I pray JJ and Bentley can go. Probably Gomes aswell but I doubt we will get a fee there. Then we still have 4 players to buy. I think a outlay of about £5m-£10m.

Yes but he hasn't lived up to his potential and performances and to get 5.5m for him now is very very good business.

Happy to be finally shot of Adebayor?

True. Still a loss mind, just not as big a loss as you'd think.

Yes and no. I think he's a great striker who'd improve just about any squad in the world on talent but his attitude sucks. He was unfortunate at City that Tevez worked so well as a lone striker. No hard feelings towards him though and I wish him the best at yours, apart from against us of course ;)

Yes and no. I think he's a great striker who'd improve just about any squad in the world on talent but his attitude sucks. He was unfortunate at City that Tevez worked so well as a lone striker. No hard feelings towards him though and I wish him the best at yours' date=' apart from against us of course ;)[/quote']

Personally think he is a changed man after the coach incident. I guess we will all see, but he is loved at WHL and he knows that and apparently bullied you lot by demanding us and nobody else.

Personally think he is a changed man after the coach incident. I guess we will all see' date=' but [b']he is loved at WHL[/b] and he knows that and apparently bullied you lot by demanding us and nobody else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIyWvXCE3sI&feature=player_detailpage

1 of many. Amazing how football fans quickly forget, innit?

Damiao is looking likely but there is a guy I talk to who is convinced that it won't happen and that one of Llorente or Lewandowski will be a Spurs player.

I think Willian and Moutinho will be tied up before the window too. Just hope Levy does the bizz.

I'm disappointed in the Dawson sell but I reckon it was out of selling Gallas for 500k or Dawson for 7-8million. Typical Levy business but don't forget Huddlestone could also play CB for cover. I just hope we sell Jenas, Bentley and Gomes because they are just not needed, it amazes me that they're still at the club.

Damiao is looking likely but there is a guy I talk to who is convinced that it won't happen and that one of Llorente or Lewandowski will be a Spurs player.

I think Willian and Moutinho will be tied up before the window too. Just hope Levy does the bizz.

I'm disappointed in the Dawson sell Ibut I reckon it was out of selling Gallas for 500k or Dawson for 7-8million. Typical Levy business but don't forget Huddlestone could also play CB for cover. I just hope we sell Jenas' date=' Bentley and Gomes because they are just not needed, it amazes me that they're still at the club.[/quote']

Who is it that you speak to mate? Assume with your comments to me in the past it is someone on twitter. Quite clued up with all the ITK's so would love to know who.

I am pretty damn confident Lewandowski is a no go and Llorente is probably a no also.

I'm disappointed in the Dawson sell but I reckon it was out of selling Gallas for 500k or Dawson for 7-8million. Typical Levy business but don't forget Huddlestone could also play CB for cover. I just hope we sell Jenas' date=' Bentley and Gomes because they are just not needed, it amazes me that they're still at the club.[/quote']

Your friend can have dreams anyway....and Llorente is a surely no to you aswell.

And Lewandoski is 100% no to Spurs and 90% staying with Dortmumd.

I'm disappointed in the Dawson sell but I reckon it was out of selling Gallas for 500k or Dawson for 7-8million. Typical Levy business but don't forget Huddlestone could also play CB for cover. I just hope we sell Jenas' date=' Bentley and Gomes because they are just not needed, it amazes me that they're still at the club.[/quote']

Wake up!!!!