Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

ian neller

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

I'd take Arteta's set piece ability & goal contribution' date=' but for all round playmaking ability, agility & vision Modric would win hands down for me.

Arteta is a good player though, but not in Modric's league[/quote']

Of course not, but that wasn't the question. Modric is to be a 30mill player. You can't attract those kind of players so as a cheaper replacement would you be happy if Arteta was unveiled?

Of course not' date=' but that wasn't the question. Modric is to be a 30mill player. You can't attract those kind of players so as a cheaper replacement would you be happy if Arteta was unveiled?[/quote']

I'd feel let down as I have been fed the Moutinho chat all summer by the people who know these things on the forums.

No doubt about it Arteta is a good player, but he isn't one who really excites you.

Funnily enough' date=' I trust Mourinho's, Fergie's, AVB's and Twitchy's opinion over yours Elo :P[/quote']

Lol, we all know Livermore is a god !

Never liked Modric and I never Will.

i don't like a player simply because he plays for my team lol

'I have a proposal, but it is complicated because the board. Here are many players in the same position, most Brazilian. They buy and do not let go,' said Willian.

'That's the problem. Everyone knows that I want out, I'm here for five years, won many titles, so I hope you respect my will.

'I do not regret coming here, but this situation has been happening, with Chelsea trying to get me in January and now Tottenham, we start to rethink.'

Nothing new and will be hard to not panic after that.

Andre has absolute scraps to work on at the moment. Sandro, Livermore and Jenas as your 3 centre midfielders is a disgrace. Couple of mistakes from Andre today, starting line up was far too defensive and then swapping Sandro for Jenas is suicidal. Hopefully he will learn.

Goal was typical Tottenham defending, absolutely everywhere and nobody willing to be strong and demand that last bit of effort to get us over the line. Gallas frustrates me massively, that's his job as captain and didn't hear him talk once at a corner or set peice in the second half.

However my critism today is all being pointed at Friedel. Goal was ALL his fault. The man is a iconic figure of the game for going on so long but he frankly isn't good enough. His decision making is borderline non league standard nowadays.

People don't realise that our squad has been filled with quite a lot of poop over the past 5 years. Unfortunately these players like Jenas, Giovani, Bentley, Friedel, Gallas, Cudicini aren't wanted by other clubs for various reasons so we have to sell others who are clearly better like Dawson for example.

The worrying position we find ourselves in is that we probably need as many in as days we have left. I am a huge Levy fan, but if he leaves us short yet again, fingers need to be pointed.

I fully expect both barrels from several rival 'fans' on here over my club and AVB. I will continue to fight and battle for my club, but we need serious help this week and it's all in Levy's hands.

In AVB and Levy I trust.

Isn't it so much easier to jump on someone's back and give them stick than it is to stand up and get behind them, Here we are 2 games in and alot of people are panicking FAR to much. Last season we lost our first 2 games of the season, albeit to both manchester clubs but as it stands we are a point better than last season and its points on the board that matter.

This coming week will be interesting and with some signings in we'll be in a good posistion going into Norwich (H) Reading (A) and QPR (H)

Im not even slightly worried yet.

In AVB And Levy I Also Trust! B)

Care to explain why ?

Exactly why am I not entitled to my own opinion ?

Why am I not allowed to dislike someone without being called pathetic ?

Because you aren't supporting the team and are, by your own admission, not cheering for them whilst AVB is in charge.

No person is bigger than any club and you're making AVB out to be bigger than Spurs as your dislike of him seems to overpower your like for Spurs.

Because you aren't supporting the team and are' date=' by your own admission, not cheering for them whilst AVB is in charge.

No person is bigger than any club and you're making AVB out to be bigger than Spurs as your dislike of him seems to overpower your like for Spurs.[/quote']

I'm supporting the team, I cheer for them each game and I always hope for a win, what I am SAYING is that even IF we do well, It wont change my opinion about AvB.

He could lead us to the title, that still would change nothing.

And lol, that last statement is both laughable and pathetic, are you serious ? Because if you are I pity you.

I LOVE Tottenham, I absolutely love the club and the players ( bar Modric ) and that is and have always been bigger then my dislike for AvB, I don't really see why you have such a hard time understanding this mate.

Upon AVBs appointment, I thought right away that we'd immediately take a step back from where we were, whilst we adjust, change and get new players in. Im as sceptical as they come, but have faith that the 1 step back now will result in 2 steps forward a bit further down the line.

Until we get a fully settled squad, with the right players in place, it'll be hard for AVB to fully get everyone in tune with how he wants us to play. Would have helped if we'd concluded our main business by now (like the other clubs around us do, season after season), but we never seem to learn on that front.

Thing is, AVB was on a hiding to nothing right away purely by following our most successful manager in recent times and so it's natural for the fans to immediately judge what AVB is doing right/wrong. Change takes time and doesn't happen overnight, so all we can do is hope that the results will come & I'm confident they will sooner rather than later.

However my critism today is all being pointed at Friedel. Goal was ALL his fault. The man is a iconic figure of the game for going on so long but he frankly isn't good enough. His decision making is borderline non league standard nowadays.

He could have done better but your defence failed to clear the ball numerous times. Not all Friedel's doing.