Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

He could have done better but your defence failed to clear the ball numerous times. Not all Friedel's doing.

Not sure if it was shown in the highlights, but the first corner all came about because a long ball was headed behind by Vertonghen. Vertonghen was on the edge of the six yard box when doing so. Why Friedel didn't come and collect it easily and just kill the game there and then I don't know.

However yes, poor defending elsewhere later on.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread This was tweeted and after 3 minutes, it was removed.

CLUB ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT WITH REAL MADRID AND TRANSFER OF LUKA MODRIC

The Club can announce that it has signed a partnership agreement with Real Madrid FC and reached agreement for the transfer of Luka Modric, subject to medical, to the Spanish club.

The partnership agreement will see the two Clubs working together in respect of players, coaching, best practices and commercial relationships.

Real Madrid FC President, Florentino Perez Rodriguez, said, "The strong relationship and affinity between our two clubs has resulted in the cementing of a longer-term partnership and the successful transfer of Luka Modric. We are delighted to welcome Luka and look forward to working closely with Tottenham in the coming years."

Daniel Levy, Chairman, Tottenham Hotspur, commented, "Luka has been a terrific player for us and, whilst we preferred not to part with him, we are pleased that it is to Real Madrid, a club with which we now look forward to sharing a long and productive partnership."

Luka made 160 appearances for the Club, scoring 17 goals after joining from Dinamo Zagreb in the summer of 2008.

We wish him well for the future.

So we are now Real Madrid's feeder club? wow.

CLUB ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT WITH REAL MADRID AND TRANSFER OF LUKA MODRIC

The Club can announce that it has signed a partnership agreement with Real Madrid FC and reached agreement for the transfer of Luka Modric' date=' subject to medical, to the Spanish club.

The partnership agreement will see the two Clubs working together in respect of players, coaching, best practices and commercial relationships.

Real Madrid FC President, Florentino Perez Rodriguez, said, "The strong relationship and affinity between our two clubs has resulted in the cementing of a longer-term partnership and the successful transfer of Luka Modric. We are delighted to welcome Luka and look forward to working closely with Tottenham in the coming years."

Daniel Levy, Chairman, Tottenham Hotspur, commented, "Luka has been a terrific player for us and, whilst we preferred not to part with him, we are pleased that it is to Real Madrid, a club with which we now look forward to sharing a long and productive partnership."

Luka made 160 appearances for the Club, scoring 17 goals after joining from Dinamo Zagreb in the summer of 2008.

We wish him well for the future.

So we are now Real Madrid's feeder club? wow.[/quote']At least you have Internacional as one of your feeder clubs. They always have great young talent coming through but it was a shame you missed out on Oscar. You can buy young talent then sell them on to Real for easy money.

Shouldn't affect your club too much except for an improvement in finances.

I'd expect Damiao to join you now, what do you reckon?

AVB will be glad this is all over and he can get on with signing a couple of players before the window closes.

At least you have Internacional as one of your feeder clubs. They always have great young talent coming through but it was a shame you missed out on Oscar. You can buy young talent then sell them on to Real for easy money.

Shouldn't affect your club too much except for an improvement in finances.

I'd expect Damiao to join you now' date=' what do you reckon?

AVB will be glad this is all over and he can get on with signing a couple of players before the window closes.[/quote']

Thinking about it, I reckon it is just a match a fee partnership. Saves us selling Bale, Walker and Sandro to english clubs and they can all go to Madrid. In return I expect some youngsters and the occassional old star (Kaka anyone?)

The talk is Damiao is now off, although the top dog on the forum has yet to post on it. Like I said on Saturday, this is a huge week for Spurs. Either buy replacement's, squad players and potential or be left behind.

I fully believe that we now have 5 days (including today) to keep the club being a "force" and not going back to mediocrity.

The talk is Damiao is now off' date=' although the top dog on the forum has yet to post on it.[/quote']:D Seriously? Who's that? Haha.

It was important to get Adebayor, even if it might have meant paying a bit more than you'd want to in wages.

You could do with someone like Steven Pienaar i reckon....

Another striker and a creative replacement for Modric on the cards then?

:D Seriously? Who's that? Haha.

It was important to get Adebayor' date=' even if it might have meant paying a bit more than you'd want to in wages.

You could do with someone like Steven Pienaar i reckon....

Another striker and a creative replacement for Modric on the cards then?[/quote']

He works for the club, posts information from time to time.

Agreed, but if you have absolutely nothing behind Adebayor then it's pointless.

I think we will see 2 midfielders and a striker, Wilian being one of the midfielders.

Shakthar rejected Spurs' latest bid for Willian. Apparently it was in the region of 11.8 million pounds. IMO that's a blessing in disguise as the money could be spent better elsewhere.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2194101/Willian-transfer-Shakhtar-Donetsk-reject-11-8million-bid-Tottenham.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Shakthar rejected Spurs' latest bid for Willian. Apparently it was in the region if 11.8 million pounds. IMO that's a blessing in disguise as the money could be spent better elsewhere.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2194101/Willian-transfer-Shakhtar-Donetsk-reject-11-8million-bid-Tottenham.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

£11.8m?

For Willian it was Really Nothing....

Shakthar rejected Spurs' latest bid for Willian. Apparently it was in the region if 11.8 million pounds. IMO that's a blessing in disguise as the money could be spent better elsewhere.

Mate. Willian is an amazing player. And I don't think Shakhtar will accept anything less than 20.

I saw that Shaktar reckon he's worth amounts upwards of £25m/£30m and Willian wants to go but the club won't accept any bids less than that

For a player that isn't far off Hazard's calibre that is an appalling offer.

Joe Cole would be a brilliant buy for Spurs.

HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Get my opinion on that yet? :P

I would love to see us face you guys in another european competiiton fixture. Hopefully' date=' in this years europa league. However last time, Bale made Maicon, "the worlds best right back at the time" eat his dust. Bale really was such a difference maker in that leg.[/quote']

With the state that Inter are currently in, we will eat you for breakfast.