Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

ian neller

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

So it's Villa away next, looks like it's likely to be a tough game with key players for both clubs vying for England places ahead of the World Cup. Both teams have had high scoring games of late with Villa putting 5 past Bolton. The bookies have got it down as a draw with Spurs slightly preferable for a win.

I wouldn't like to call it, as a loyal Spurs supporter I am wll used to 'false dawns', we are a breed of 'the glass is half empty' these days, always having a moan about our own side.

Saying that I do fancy us for a win and even if we don't do the business it take a shocking result for us to lose our fourth place as we have a far better goal difference than Villa.

Once we are past this match we face Man Utd in the Carling Cup... what luck!

I think we can win' date=' just a case of which team shows up on the day.

[/quote']

I hope Villa aren't thinking locking our players in the toilet like what happened to Les Ferdinand during a half time break or poisioning thier curry like the game aginst West Ham a couple of years ago where half the Spurs team had the runny squits.

Kylan' date=' go on MSN so I have someone to talk to. :D In Tottenham related news: unlucky today. Should have won at Villa with the chances you had.[/quote']

Dam that Carlos Cuellar for clearing the ball!!! :mad: On the plus Krancjar was looking right up for it, as the rest of the lads where. Friedel made some mint saves to keep it level.

there goes the 4th place tbh :mad:

Where is your faith.... oh like most Spurs fans it's been shattered by years of underachieving and disappointment.

But a quick look at the table shows that we are good for 4th. Liverpool and Man City have a game in hand but are 6 and 4 points behind and even if Villa win and we lose are next match they would have to overturn a goal difference of 6 goals. And if Chelsea do us a favour and beat the Gonners then we will be sticking it out in third for at least 3 days, until they face Man City (which could still work out well for us).

Where is your faith.... oh like most Spurs fans it's been shattered by years of underachieving and disappointment.

But a quick look at the table shows that we are good for 4th. Liverpool and Man City have a game in hand but are 6 and 4 points behind and even if Villa win and we lose are next match they would have to overturn a goal difference of 6 goals. And if Chelsea do us a favour and beat the Gonners then we will be sticking it out in third for at least 3 days' date=' until they face Man City (which could still work out well for us).[/quote']

Agreed, plus a point away at Villa is a GREAT result, Spurs might have underachieved over the years, although most your fans expect wayyyyyyyyyyy to much, 3rd place and a point away to Villa is amazing at anytime let alone after the season you guys had last year.

Liverpool could very well slip up today, draws are very, very common in this match (and thats when we are in good form! :D) Everton are a pain.

some people can never be pleased! :)

Agreed' date=' plus a point away at Villa is a GREAT result, Spurs might have underachieved over the years, although most your fans expect wayyyyyyyyyyy to much, 3rd place and a point away to Villa is amazing at anytime let alone after the season you guys had last year.

Liverpool could very well slip up today, draws are very, very common in this match (and thats when we are in good form! :D) Everton are a pain.

some people can never be pleased! :)[/quote']

Some great derbys on today which could hand out some favorable scores for Spurs, with teams vying for 3rd, 4th and 5th spot playing. Liverpool vs Everton should be a cracker, both having poor seasons by their own standards, a draw would do us nicely. Arsenal vs Chelsea... usually I don't care as long as one team or the other is humiliated, but for this match I'm hoping Drogba and Co. do the businees (Chelsea and Man.U are untouchable but a few slip ups from Arsenal and Spurs playing out of their skins for the rest of the season could see us place higher than Arsenal for the 1st time in... err...eh? Not ure how long...might have to check that one out!)

Spurs have some tough fixtures ahead, Man Utd in the Carling Cup then Everton away in the league.

Spurs vs Man Utd tonight at Old Trafford

I expect it will be case of which 2nd team is better with both clubs resting their key players and concentrating on the league.

Spurs actually have good depth in their squad and call up players like Dos Santos (back from ankle injury), Bentley, Jenas, Pavlachenko, Hutton, Bale, Naughton and even Keane.

Kranjcar is cup tied whilst King is out with hamstring promblems.

Spurs vs Man Utd tonight at Old Trafford

I expect it will be case of which 2nd team is better with both clubs resting their key players and concentrating on the league.

Spurs actually have good depth in their squad and call up players like Dos Santos (back from ankle injury)' date=' Bentley, Jenas, Pavlachenko, Hutton, Bale, Naughton and even Keane.

Kranjcar is cup tied whilst King is out with hamstring promblems.[/quote']

Should be a good game if indeed both second strings are out. I would argue Spurs have the best 'second team' in the premiership now (with the possible exception of Chelsea) :eek:. I hope the Spurs second-stringers are not overawed at the prospect of playing at Old Trafford, because on paper it looks a tasty game :)

Darn Torn It!

Where was Spurs finishing?

Most of guys played well and we dominated large periods of the match, just downed by two great long range efforts.

I gave a shudder upon hearing Hutton's name on the team sheet, IMO he can do nothing right, his pass completion must have been about 1 in 5. Bentley is best shipped off to some Australian penal colony and forgotten about, ever since he had donned a Spurs shirt he has looked no better than a Championship player, with one fleeting glimpse of the player he was at Blackburn, with that volleyed goal. How many corners and free kicks he take that failed to beat the first man??? If he had played half as well as he is capable off we would have had a chance to make our possession and set pieces tell for something! Keane... sorry was he playing, I missed him.

Lennon (another forumer) if you read this I'm starting to believe in you're view of Keane, despite his 8 goals in 14 starts.

I thought Gomes was good between the sticks whilst Dawson also played well, Bassong and Bale were average. Lennon should have played on the right where we all know he is dangerous but again was probably our most offensive threat. I thought the Palacious was a bit lazy in midfield now and then but otherwise okay, Jenas looked good going forward. Huddlestone I'll pick out for a bit of praise, when it looked like Spurs heads might drop he gave them character, and we didn't give up the game till the final whistle - my pick of the team. Defoe battled hard but was not served the kind of passes he thrives off. Crouch introduced too late with Spurs chasing the game.

All in all a bit disappointing, I thought we could have taken them and despite the score line I thought we were the better team.

As a Yid I have all but one word that comes to mind after watching this match... "OUCH!" :(

Once again ousted by United, of course not peno's this time, but all the same. Keano was useless imo, I would have expected alot better from him. Gibson and Anderson where pretty good in my estimation tonight. As for your comment about Bentley, Liam, I'm down with that, the old cat never had his day a WHL, never will, best sell him while there may be any keen interest, although we will defo see a loss on that sale, but whatever, better than nothing, as for Bale... I STILL BELIEVE!!!

As a Yid I have all but one word that comes to mind after watching this match... "OUCH!" :(

Once again ousted by United' date=' of course not peno's this time, but all the same. Keano was useless imo, I would have expected alot better from him. Gibson and Anderson where pretty good in my estimation tonight. As for your comment about Bentley, Liam, I'm down with that, the old cat never had his day a WHL, never will, best sell him while there may be any keen interest, although we will defo see a loss on that sale, but whatever, better than nothing, as for Bale... I STILL BELIEVE!!! [/font']

If Spurs are looking to oust either Arsenal or Liverpool from the Champs league places (Utd & Chelski are looking solid atm) at the end of the season, then going out tonight might be a blessing in disguise as its one less strain on the squad.

If Spurs are looking to oust either Arsenal or Liverpool from the Champs league places (Utd & Chelski are looking solid atm) at the end of the season' date=' then going out tonight might be a blessing in disguise as its one less strain on the squad.[/quote']

In some sick way I kind of agree, sure it hurts to see the boys in the 'yellow&whites' lose, especially against Utd, but things are looking good as holding down a CL place goes... atleast for now it is, I still think if we can get in it'll be that 4th place that does it, and Arsenal at this moment seem to be the stronger of the two (Gooners & L'pool), as much as I would prefer our shared territorial neighbours to be down the pan, it seems as for now, especially as Arsenal have a game-in-hand, those scousers could be in the chopping block off CL footy for next year, still long ways to go though, and after-all, as we know... we are exceptionally formidable choke artists, so not getting my hopes up to that level yet. ;)

But a quick look at the table shows that we are good for 4th. Liverpool and Man City have a game in hand but are 6 and 4 points behind and even if Villa win and we lose are next match they would have to overturn a goal difference of 6 goals. And if Chelsea do us a favour and beat the Gonners then we will be sticking it out in third for at least 3 days' date=' until they face Man City (which could still work out well for us).[/quote']

yer ano, but the thing is that in the end of the season, this result is going to bite us in the balls! believe me :(

Everton coming up, any predictions? Everton has lost 3 in a row, stats says they will win now. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for a Crouch-Defoe

The results went against us some what today, and now I have a bad feeling about the Everton game, but then I'm always half expecting us to slip up. I imagine it's gonna be a dull match with Everton edging us out of the points.

Don't listen to me though, I'm always negative for a couple of days before a game and then fell like world beaters for a few days after a victory. With all the injuries that Everton have we could have a chance... God listen too me! I sound like a schizophrenic.

My prediction.

We might win

We could draw

We will lose if they score more goals.

Hope that clears things up.