Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

ian neller

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

It's what happens when your wife lives in Germany unfortunately.

I personally think we will get 1 more season but no-one is sure where it will go yet.

How can you of all people not know???

Get your fingers dirty. Ring your pals in the club, dip your fingers into the news desks at White Hart Lane, tap VDV's phone and find out!

You're slacking:cool:

Its a shame that Dawson isn't leaving. More or less stalls Caulkers development for the foreseeable future. Far to good to be playing in that U21 league. Any chance that he could go back out on loan? Shame that the chance to go back to Swansea has gone though.

Agreed.

Hopefully ABV realises the phenomenal potential of Caulker and gives him adequate game time to improve. I personally think Dawson should move on, injury-prone and is no longer guaranteed to start.

A pair of Kaboul & Vertonghen starting with Caulker and Gallas as backup should be the options. Caulker could learn alot from the experienced Gallas and he'd get alot more opportunities against lesser opponents, than if Dawson is still at the club.

It's what happens when your wife lives in Germany unfortunately.

I personally think we will get 1 more season but no-one is sure where it will go yet.

Yeh fair enough ! Tho I agree with the 1 more season.

Atleast then Siggy has settled in okay and gotten enough experience from playing with the lads that he can walk straight into the starting team ... he certainly has the potential for it atleast.

But to sell Rafa NOW' date=' when we look set to get everything in order would be catasrophic imo.[/color']

Its a shame that Dawson isn't leaving. More or less stalls Caulkers development for the foreseeable future. Far to good to be playing in that U21 league. Any chance that he could go back out on loan? Shame that the chance to go back to Swansea has gone though.

Yes it is a shame, and judging by his comments in the media he will be dissapointed by it as well. He wants to play regular first team football and has said a few times that if he wasn't going to play it at Spurs then he'd want to go to Swansea on loan again, if Harry was still in charge he'd have been ours for the season but Villas Boas wouldn't let him out on loan.

Honestly though, I think he should be playing week in week out for Spurs. I rate Kaboul, and I know that he is a very good defender and in the last year or two he's really upped his game and improved but I know Caulker is a better player.

And Moussa Dembele would be a great replacement for Modric, class act.

Also' date=' I was under the impression that Dembele played more out on the wing, perhaps I've been gravely mistaken ?

Is he, set to be Luka's replacement ? Because if that's the case ... bye bye Yann :([/color']

He can seemingly play anywhere. I've seen him play games at ST, CF, CAM, CM, Wing

Could be handy

He can seemingly play anywhere. I've seen him play games at ST' date=' CF, CAM, CM, Wing

Could be handy[/quote']

Good to know, let's just hope that we play him on the wing and still get M'vila then. I'd be absolutely GUTTED if we were to pass on the oppurtunity to buy M'vila.

He together with Parker ... omg that'd be magical !

Good to know' date=' let's just hope that we play him on the wing and still get M'vila then. I'd be absolutely GUTTED if we were to pass on the oppurtunity to buy M'vila.

He together with Parker ... omg that'd be magical ![/color']

I'm yet to be convinced on M'Vila. His attitude holds him back a bit IMO. Having said that, if you got M'Vila, that's a huge statement in terms of getting one over Arsenal

Psychology of the game and all that ;)

I'm yet to be convinced on M'Vila. His attitude holds him back a bit IMO. Having said that' date=' if you got M'Vila, that's a huge statement in terms of getting one over Arsenal

Psychology of the game and all that ;)[/quote']

I've seen him play for a number of seasons now, he's a true tank, already the best midfielder in France and one of the best DM's in Europe.

He needs to calm down at times tho, but other then that ... he's a perfect specimen of a french mid ;)

Also' date=' I was under the impression that Dembele played more out on the wing, perhaps I've been gravely mistaken ?

Is he, set to be Luka's replacement ? Because if that's the case ... bye bye Yann :([/color']

He's not a winger from what I've seen.

totnew1.jpg

He'd fit perfectly in the role Livermore plays in that image. A slightly more advanced deep role where he can dictate play and have a influence on the game.

@Elohim http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2195119/Arsenal-Tottenham-havent-bid-Yann-MVila.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Papers are confirming your worst fear. It looks as if the signing of Dembele has all but ruled out the acquisition of M'vila. You already have Parker, M'vila, Livermore and now Dembele who can play deep and all of them are great options - signing M'vila would be a waste of money in my opinion. The priority should be another winger, where you lack depth. I'm wondering why you haven't enquired about Gaston Ramirez, who was getting all kinds of attention at the start of the summer and no there's no big clubs interested at all (no disrespect to Southampton).

The priority should be another winger' date=' where you lack depth. [/quote']

Massively agree with this. Our 1st 11 is looking strong & whilst there are a few positions where we have decent backup, are we falling into the danger at the moment whereby we're not able to replace quality with quality, should major injuries/suspension to major players happen.

We came unstuck last season when we had no natural replacement for Lennon & if Bale gets 'tackled' by Charlie Adam again during the season, he could be out for God knows how long!

Massively agree with this. Our 1st 11 is looking strong & whilst there are a few positions where we have decent backup' date=' are we falling into the danger at the moment whereby we're not able to replace quality with quality, should major injuries/suspension to major players happen.

We came unstuck last season when we had no natural replacement for Lennon & [b']if Bale gets 'tackled' by Charlie Adam again during the season, he could be out for God knows how long![/b]

Or you know, he could moan to the press about the horror tackle and defecate Charlies character and then return for training and the game the next day.