Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

ian neller

Re: The Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

"Olympique Lyonnais communicates that they have not reached an agreement with Tottenham for the transfer of Hugo Lloris.

"Proposals submitted by Tottenham tonight are significantly distant from the one which was officially made on August 26 and had opened up discussions between the player and the London club."

http://www.olweb.fr/fr/Accueil/100007/Article/60200/Communique

Seems like this one has hit a snag.

We will sign him. Have no doubt about that.

Well I should hope so. From my understanding, Lyon need money, thus why Levy's tried to use that to his advantage, and lower the proposed amounted offer. It's a dangerous game to play, especially with someone like Aulas, just hope it doesn't come back to be a haunting decision. At worse, damage control and make the same offer.

VDV leaving means IMO you need to sign either an AM/CM/DM player.

Dembele can either play a deep role or in VDV's role but you still need a new midfielder....

In this situation I believe M'vila is your best solution however I do not see you getting anyone.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for !

I do hope Levi's got a few signings up his sleeve for us today. Getting increasingly worried that we've not got enough depth

Depth isn't an issue in any position other than wing.

Quality is the issue currently as you need another central midfielder with the departure of both VDV and Modric it is essential.

Dembele is a great signing but not great enough to cover both VDV and Modric's place.

Currently your best 11 looks something like this

Friedel

Walker Gallas Kaboul BAE

Sandro Parker

Lennon Dembele Bale

Adebayor/Defoe (depending on preference)

Now Sandro is a good player and I'm sure will make a fine DM one day however he is currently below par and as such needs to be given a peripheral role and slowly bled into the side. M'Vila would be the perfect addition as it would not only allow for this but also means once Parker leaves you have a better replacement already at the club.

Depth isn't an issue in any position other than wing.

Quality is the issue.

Maybe a bit of both. Could we match Walker or BAE's qualities if they get hit with a long term injury? Rose was showing some promise but he's now on (although I guess can be recalled)' date=' Gallas can play in either role but isn't natural at either.

I think our 1st 11 is very strong & competitive & hope it will be even more so come 11pm tonight, but having a strong [i']squad[/i] is the key which I think we lack. Does however give our youth more chance, of which we have some promise.

Mind you, with the likes of Jenas, Gomes & Bentley knocking about in previous seasons, we might debate that we've not had a strong squad in ages!